• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybeeze

Reposting for new page:

I got a question. I don't know if it's been answered yet but I'd rather not scroll through 500 replies.

If you pre-order Battlefield 4 on the 360 and get the free 'China Rising' DLC that comes with the pre-order, would you get the DLC free on the XB1 as well if/when you upgrade your 360 version of the game to the XB1 version?

Reposting for new page: I got a question. I don't know if it's been answered yet but I'd rather not scroll through 500 replies.

If you pre-order Battlefield 4 on the 360 and get the free 'China Rising' DLC that comes with the pre-order, would you get the DLC free on the XB1 as well if/when you upgrade your 360 version of the game to the XB1 version?

Since your stats carry over I can't see why your DLC wouldn't as well. That being said, given some of the stuff DICE has pulled in the past them screwing this up wouldn't surprise me in the least. I would ping the Battlefield twitter account or check the FAQ on the BF4 B4 website, I'm sure someone has asked this question already.

Edit: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

From the link above.

"Does my Battlefield 4 Premium membership carry over?
Yes, you will be able to carry over your Premium membership from current-gen to next-gen at launch"

It doesn't unfortunately explicitly talk about China Rising, but everything else transfers so I think its safe to assume CR does as well.

JJD

Anyone knows if DLC is region locked?

My copy of BF4 is from the UK, but I will probably get Premium from the US PSN Store.

Not even any of these 3?
Operation Firestorm
Kharg Island
Noshahr Canals

I didn't really like any of those. Size alone isn't enough, and those maps had a pretty boring design to them.

Alborz Mountain was interesting. I played the shit out of caspian border in the beta so by the time it was finally out, I was bored of it. Can't say I LOVED any of BF3's maps.

Hope BF4 owns BF3 in vanilla maps.
They already do. Siege of Shanghai is fantastic. The verticality of that map alone makes it better than anything I played in BF3. I can see myself playing that one a lot even after release. I hope the quality stays consistent with the rest.

Battlefield ‏@Battlefield 3h

Battlefield 4 begins its launch next week - Prepare 4 Battle. http://bit.ly/19AGi2b
BXRYyblCIAA2ToQ.png

Bombless

I suspect BF4 Metro will have additional passageways you can create by collapsing this or that part of the metro section a la Shanghai B point. Can't say I'm looking forward to it's return either way.

Keasar

I suspect BF4 Metro will have additional passageways you can create by collapsing this or that part of the metro section a la Shanghai B point. Can't say I'm looking forward to it's return either way.

If they did actual changes to its layout I would be happy, more passageways, tunnels, service tunnels, perhaps even building the city on top to make it dual layered.

Bombless

If they did actual changes to its layout I would be happy, more passageways, tunnels, service tunnels, perhaps even building the city on top to make it dual layered.

Well, they did say that the BF3 maps would be adapted to the engine and levolution, so I fully expect to have stuff like that. I'd be severely dissapointed if they just added some breakable walls and called it a day. Crossing fingers.

I wish we could have another Arica Harbor or Isla Inocentes. Loved those two maps from BC2.

Even though I wasn't a big fan of some of the BC2 maps, there were also a few amazing ones in there.

Not even any of these 3?
Operation Firestorm
Kharg Island
Noshahr Canals

I liked Operation Firestorm. I didn't like Kharg Island, and I can't even remember what Noshahr Canals is. None of the maps really left much of an impression on me to be honest.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shanghai itself was better than all BF3 maps.

Classic Wake 1942/1943 > Deconstruction, End of the Line, Par for the Course BC1 > BC2 maps > Oman, Sharqi BF3 > Karkand, Wake, Caspian, Firestorm BF3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>DLC BF3 maps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla BF3 maps that aren't Caspian or Firestorm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shanghai > a dog turd > Metro in BF3 (and possibly 4? DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNNNN?) Sorry.

My Origin updated BF4 and I now have an official preload time and play time:

Preload: Oct 26 10:00 AM (Mountain Standard Time)
Available Oct 28 10:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)

Very niiiiiiiiice.

Woffls

Just swapped out Ryse for this in my Xbone bundle, how is it looking? I will probably just rinse the campaign and trade it in, depends how multiplayer grabs me. I prefer maps with fewer directions from which to be shot, and usually don't have the patience for large maps.

bidguy

Banned
Just swapped out Ryse for this in my Xbone bundle, how is it looking? I will probably just rinse the campaign and trade it in, depends how multiplayer grabs me. I prefer maps with fewer directions from which to be shot, and usually don't have the patience for large maps.

the footage we got was pretty good but it was offscreen. we should get captured footage this weekend.

Like shit

but XBO performance should be very strong judging by off-screen vids.

Tabby

Classic Wake 1942/1943 > Deconstruction, End of the Line, Par for the Course BC1 > BC2 maps > Oman, Sharqi BF3 > Karkand, Wake, Caspian, Firestorm BF3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>DLC BF3 maps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla BF3 maps that aren't Caspian or Firestorm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shanghai > a dog turd > Metro in BF3 (and possibly 4? DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNNNN?) Sorry.
I can't understand any of this.

My favourite maps from BF3 were from the Back to Karkand DLC. Caspian Border was good but everything else was meh.

majik13

In bad company 2 you can just demolish your own route tot he com stations on most maps.

This obv doesn't work in the current gen of battlefield games, but it would be nice if they brought it back ( hopefully with bad company 3).

Metro is just a shit map any way you look at it Imo.. Even if the game did have bad company 2 destruction mechanics, the map is just designed as one enormous bottleneck.

yes please, I dont want COD maps. Id rather trade that for generic looking maps but with awesome level design and complete(almost) destructibility, BC2 style.

Seemed in the beta that the only destruction was the skyscraper falling, and then everything else was pretty much useless, random wall destruction. And the skyscraper falling seems to only look cool, but its always the same scripted thing. Though I am sure once I spend time with the final game that I will see some better destruction.

Facism

hopefully the metro levelolution is a single pillar in the middle of the map that collapses the entire map and ends the round when destroyed.

yes please, I dont want COD maps. Id rather trade that for generic looking maps but with awesome level design and complete(almost) destructibility, BC2 style.

Seemed in the beta that the only destruction was the skyscraper falling, and then everything else was pretty much useless, random wall destruction. And the skyscraper falling seems to only look cool, but its always the same scripted thing. Though I am sure once I spend time with the final game that I will see some better destruction.

Take for example that Beta map, ignoring the obvious destructible objects. Why you cant demolish the brigdes or use other buildings to snipe and fight instead of staying in one of the three designed areas to shoot each other like a COD map.

Have they released any details of the maps yet? I need more screenshots an/or videos of the maps before deciding on my purchase. If they are going to be similar to BF3 in terms of size and distance between flags I'll pass.
hopefully the metro levelolution is a single pillar in the middle of the map that collapses the entire map and ends the round when destroyed.

Milennia

I was just about to pre order the game for ps4, but then i found that ps4 upgrade program thing.

Can someone explain his to me? Because what it reads like is i get 2 games for 70$.

So buy ps3 copy, put it in ps3 , do the code thing, get the game for 10$ on ps4, then boom i can now sell the ps3 copy for most of it back same day?

Fonz72

I was just about to pre order the game for ps4, but then i found that ps4 upgrade program thing.

Can someone explain his to me? Because what it reads like is i get 2 games for 70$.

So buy ps3 copy, put it in ps3 , do the code thing, get the game for 10$ on ps4, then boom i can now sell the ps3 copy for most of it back same day?

The PS3 disc must be in the PS4 for it to work.

You pay $10 extra to play the game on current gen for 2 1/2 weeks before it launches on next-gen.

metro levolution needs to be breaking in columns and they conveniently fall to make ramps to the street level, turning the map into an above and below ground multilayer firefight. maybe you can even collapse B and make the new B partially above ground in rubble!

guess what...
IT WONT BE AND ANYTHING THEY DO WILL ONLY DISAPPOINT YOU BECAUSE YOU JUST READ MY AWESOME DREAM AND SAID 'FUCK YEAH' BECAUSE IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!
you're welcome.

Fonz72

I don't see many people talking about this so,

If you Pre-order BF4 + BF Premium on PSN you will get a $20 credit.

That is the best deal that has been offered so far.

Fonz72

Thanks, def not worth it, most articles don't even say that, pretty annoying.

Yea, when it was announced it sounded like the greatest thing ever, but in reality it's so-so. Really only worth it if you are super-hardcore! Your stats and everything will transfer, so I guess people can get a jump start on unlocks.

Seanspeed

Banned
yes please, I dont want COD maps.
Even Metro is massive compared to CoD maps. Especially the latest ones.

Nor are CoD maps big on chokepoints/bottlenecks.

Just sayin.

@Gen Grievous - we've seen 2 maps quite comprehensively(Shanghai and Paracel) and we've seen the layout for the dam map. The rest we mainly just have screenshots and a few brief snippets of video that don't give a great idea of the entire layout, although the ice/snow map seems to be heavily infantry-based.

As with BF3, I would expect a variety of different maps. If you don't like variety, you probably wont like BF4.

Keasar

I can't agree with this. I think Shanghai was a excellent urban combat map in a Battlefield game, it had more verticality and passage/road/alleyway alternatives than Seine Crossing and it was actually set in a major city, not in the outskirts of one or in a faux city (Kharkand). Other than it being a little too easy bringing that skyscraper down, I loved it a lot more than I did most of the BF3 vanilla and DLC maps. BF3 Karkand is still a favorite but I just wish for something bigger, its too narrow. BF3 Gulf of Oman is absolutely terrible, if the Americans gets pushed out into the sea, they will have a extremely hard time getting back on land since all they got is a transport helicopter and a few boats (apart from the jets and attack helicopter) and the enemy got AA, tanks, tanks, more tanks, APCs, jets and attack helicopters to keep the Americans out there. Sharqi is pretty good though, I kinda like that one.

Lakitu

st5fu
Shanghai is better than any urban map from BF 3, with the possible exception of Sharqi. Such a shame that wasn't a popular map.

Anyone know when GMG are supposed to be sending out keys? I saw Saturday mentioned earlier in the thread but can't find a source for that. I'm not sure whether or not to pre-order the game with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom