• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

xclaw

On the PS4, how exactly do I party up? I can't find it anywhere.

You can't. You can only join servers that your friends are playing on and hope it puts you onto their team... and then use the squad menu to try make a squad or join theirs.

DryvBy

You can't. You can only join servers that your friends are playing on and hope it puts you onto their team... and then use the squad menu to try make a squad or join theirs.

Why? I mean, seriously. BF3 managed to do this just fine. This better be patched in.

Vidpixel

Yep, Battlefield 4 is completely broken for me as well. I get the whole corrupted profile spiel as soon as I try to play, and then immediately get booted to the PS4 main menu. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Arnie

Going to be getting BF4 with my PS4 when it launches in the UK on the 29th. Hoping for a miracle patch by then, and if not I'll be moaning along with you all.

The crashing at this point is getting absurd, we're looking at 3 weeks past release and things are not significantly better.

Having patience for huge multiplayer games on PC is almost required these days, but they've really got to fix this.

Heysoos

How do you unlock the L85? I got a bunch of assault rifle kills, 3 pistol kills, and 2 defib kills. Played to the end of round, didn't get anything.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Ps4 version here. After listening in on my friend's struggles last night with the multiplayer, I thought I'd play some single player while we wait for a patch.

Nope, save file is corrupted.

This entire game is completely fucked.

xclaw

Ps4 version here. After listening in on my friend's struggles last night with the multiplayer, I thought I'd play some single player while we wait for a patch.

Nope, save file is corrupted.

This entire game is completely fucked.

Like is this due to some new patch or something? How is the game not QA'd on the system before taking everyones money?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm crashing more after the recent updates, and now the screen freezes. I'm so tired of all this...

I'm not crashing anymore, but the Ambient Occlusion effect they added in the patch has been "pulsing" like my dude has a killer hangover and it's distracting as all hell.

oxidax said:
Wait, BF4 PS4 is broken too!? WTF EA!!!??

DieHard"WelcomeToThePartyPal".mp3

derFeef

So, joining friends does not work half of the time, am I seeing this right?
It's just timing out.

edit: I mean PC version, sorry ;)

Prezhulio

So what's the deal with ps4 digital version? Downloaded overnight so I could jump in to multiplayer, and it downloaded only the campaign I guess? There's no way an "install" takes this long for the "full game" so I'm assuming it's only downloading in the background while you have bf4 launched? What kind of horse shit is this? I understand servers being entirely broken but eliminating the whole digital advantage and locking me into basically only being able to play your god awful single player in order to do the multiplayer is some shady shit. Am I missing something and I can download the multiplayer off the PSNn store?

Also how do I login to origin? It only gives me the option to create a new account?

Ok now the "full game" % is stuck, and single player file is corrupt I wonder if I can get a refund and buy nba 2k14, and never hupport an ea product again. blarg

Sevarro

Neo Member
Anyone else experiencing a total lack of voice chat in the servers? I can't even tell if I'm broadcasting, but I definitely don't hear anyone else.

Without me reading the whole thread, can someone confirm that I'm not the only one whose PS4 version of this game has just crashed 5 times in the past hour?

You're not. I've been having it and so have quite a few other people.

The kicker is I redownloaded the game, and when the multiplayer wasn't installed, it ran fine. Singleplayer went off without a hitch. The instant the multiplayer install was finished and it tries to tell me about China Rising and battlelog, it crashes 90% of the time as I hit the main menu. Makes me think it's entirely on their end, not even with my install, they're sending some battlelog instruction or some shit that crashes the PS4.

Fonz72

Something's broken then, people have reported installs of less than 5 minutes elsewhere

lol no

Some maps like Paracel storm have full destructible buildings but a lot of maps are VERY superficial

Errr, you sure your PS4 didn't just fritz out? There's no way that an install would last 22 hours if it were working properly.

It's making slow and steady progress. Everything else installed too, just VERY slowly.
I rue the day I decided to go day 1 digital! Fuck that shit in the future!

Kingbrave

If there is anything better than unloading 200 rounds from the m249 in a chokepoint full of people and getting a bunch of kills and ribbons then I don't want to know.

I thought DICE said they were going to have the party system in the next gen versions. Being patched in maybe?

DICE just ignoring that the party system exists in every game because it's really damn good is frustrating.

pestul

Dang, at first it sounded like the PS4 version was playing smoothly, but now it's gone to hell too?

For those that are sucking.. don't fret. I've been playing for a while on PC and I'm still doing poorly (but better). I have to step up my game and focus more on the weapons/upgrades paths.

derFeef

If there is anything better than unloading 200 rounds from the m249 in a chokepoint full of people and getting a bunch of kills and ribbons then I don't want to know.

Seeing a dude take cover behind a wall, equip the Airburst to blow that wuss out of there - eliminate a whole squad you did not even realize is there.

TheSeks

How do you unlock the MTAR? Looking around on Battlelog and I don't see it

It's not going to show up because it isn't "meant" to be unlocked just yet so they haven't added it to Battlelog.

There's two guns that can be unlocked but no one has really put the requirements up in an easy to read format.

I imported my progress from PS3 to PS4, played a few rounds of domination and now my save is corrupted and the game won't even load to the menus. The transfer process said it was one time. Does this mean I am fucked and can't use my level 30 character on my PS4? How is there no PR apologizing for this garbage?

TheSeks

I imported my progress from PS3 to PS4, played a few rounds of domination and now my save is corrupted and the game won't even load to the menus. The transfer process said it was one time. Does this mean I am fucked and can't use my level 30 character on my PS4? How is there no PR apologizing for this garbage?

Your stats are fine. Your save isn't. That's all. Your multiplayer stats are saved to EA's servers.

TheSeks

Good to know, thanks. But I will have to reinstall? Is this even worth it, or is it likely to just corrupt again?

I don't know the PS4 ecosystem nor care to research it. If it's like the PS3: Delete your local save and restart the game.

HOWEVER, I'd wait until EA patches the game to solve the save corruption issue since that's a widespread problem and deleting your local save to redo/resave in the game won't stop the corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom