• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMDBob

Oh sweet jesus CHRIST, just unlocked the L85A2. Rapecannon does not BEGIN to describe this sweet piece of British engineering. (it's pretty darn good, super accurate, rapid fire and reloads so quickly. Love it.)

abracadaver

Oh sweet jesus CHRIST, just unlocked the L85A2. Rapecannon does not BEGIN to describe this sweet piece of British engineering. (it's pretty darn good, super accurate, rapid fire and reloads so quickly. Love it.)

How do you unlock it ? Isnt it a china rising weapon ?

Tekku

So will Windows 8 make a big difference for this game? I remember people said it gave a big performance boost in the beta.

Any benchmarks out there that compares W7 and W8?

Zinthar

whats wrong about the queue system in BF4 PC? it solved one of my major problems with the game which is having every server i try to join being full.

I think he was referring to the fact that BF4 on PC initially didn't have the queue system enabled because of some server bugs, but the issue was resolved in one of the server patches about one week in. So I'd expect it'll be fixed for the PS4 version soon.

Faith

3 kills with an Assault Rife, 1 kill with the M320, 1 kill with the pistol and 1 kill with the defi. All in 1 round and you unlock the weapon.

I hope they don't nerf it. This weapon is just so awesome.

CMDBob

It is... but they managed to mistakenly include it now. You need 3 ribbons, probably assault, can't remember, and you need to get a pistol, a grenade launcher and a defib kill all in one round. Then it will unlock.

abracadaver

3 kills with an Assault Rife, 1 kill with the M320, 1 kill with the pistol and 1 kill with the defi. All in 1 round and you unlock the weapon.

I hope they don't nerf it. This weapon is just so awesome.

The assignments to get the weapons are active. They won't show in Battlelog, but you can equip the weapons.

It is... but they managed to mistakenly include it now. You need 3 ribbons, probably assault, can't remember, and you need to get a pistol, a grenade launcher and a defib kill all in one round. Then it will unlock.

Thanks.

Im trying to unlock the ACE 23 atm. Is the L85A2 better ?

Aside from the server, netcode, game issues have the following always been true of other BF games:

FEW people spot
FEW people offer ammo / health when you ask
MANY people use Xbox Live type homophobic / incoherent insults every 10 seconds*

Things are on the up, though. I only got a few games in yesterday and none crashed including an entire round of Dawnbreaker. This has never happened for me on that map.

It is just a shame of the chromatic migraine inducing nonsense is now included as a bonus.

* I am playing on the PC.

Direct hit with the gunship on a littlebird and it doesn't explode = wat

10884572746_942b77d8ba_o.gif

Sounds like the PS4 version is pretty broken:(. I have it preordered with my PS4 (I'm EU) should I cancel it? Or do you guys think it will be fixed in 2 weeks?

TheContact

I have a GTX 460 but I need a new video card. What's a reasonably priced upgrade I should get? I just want a good one to run this game on good settings with high fps, I don't expect to play many graphically crazy games past BF4 for a while

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I want to strangle someone for corrupt campaign save thing.

I thought I would be alright playing it offline.

NOPEEEE

PS4 version is corrupting campaign? I'm sorry, man. :(

NameGenerated said:
The amount of kills needed to unlock other pistols is absurd.

Eh... just wait for 2XP next week if you're premium. Otherwise wait until server issues are sorted out and then use your XP boosts.

But yeah, farming weapon unlocks PER weapon "class"/tree is hilariously awful.

Faith

I have a GTX 460 but I need a new video card. What's a reasonably priced upgrade I should get? I just want a good one to run this game on good settings with high fps, I don't expect to play many graphically crazy games past BF4 for a while
Depends on your budget: AMD R9 290, Nvidia GTX770, AMD R9 280X, Nvidia GTX760, AMD R9 270X.

Calmine

I haven't used the ACE 23 yet, but yes.
Easily my favourite weapon so far.

What are the other China Rising guns that you can unlock?
Other than the L85 and Mtar.

You can get the L96 Sniper rifle, MP7 and RPK.

I got the L96 and it's pretty sweet, new fav sniper rifle. Haven't unlocked the other two yet.

Without me reading the whole thread, can someone confirm that I'm not the only one whose PS4 version of this game has just crashed 5 times in the past hour?

Kud Dukan

Is anyone else having serious problems getting into a multiplayer match on the PS4? Quickmatch hasn't put me into a single game yet, and the server browser only ever shows a few servers that I cannot connect to. Occasionally I'll get into a server with a small number of people, but it'll disconnect within five minutes.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Go into a pistols only server and use a boost. Get them all in a few rounds.

That's cheap. :(

I don't really care about pistols much anyway, besides the auto glock and the burst one, they all seem the same. Just thought how many points you need was too much.

pestul

So will Windows 8 make a big difference for this game? I remember people said it gave a big performance boost in the beta.

Any benchmarks out there that compares W7 and W8?

Yeah, even with some patching the game is still superior due to optimizations on W8/8.1.

I'm just blitzing through the single player campaign now as I hadn't played it since purchase. I'm hoping at the end of it, the multiplayer experience will have improved. The campaign seems quite short though..

TheContact

280 is a rebranded version of the card you just linked. Solid card for the money, depending on what you are upgrading from.

I have a 460 but I'm thinking about just getting a 760 but I'd hate to buy one now then a week or something down the road there's some kind of black friday deal or something, I guess I'll just wait but I really want to play BF4 but not with my 460

Well this really sucks. This game, when it works, looks and plays amazing. Especially coming from 2 weeks of the utter drudgery that is the PS3 version.

But then it started crashing. Then my save got corrupted (never playing SP again). Then it crashed some more. Then I had a really good round, and it crashed at the end and I lost the whole thing. Then I couldn't even join a Conquest game.

So I picked this up on PS4 and I find it amazingly humorous that apart from anything screwy with the singleplayer, this may have ended up being the most optimized SKU. I mean, it's still broken, but it seems to be the least broken one so far. If they can fix four things in a speedy enough manner, I think I could end up enjoying this at BC2 levels (this is good).

"Fix this shit now" list:

1. Crashes like it don't give a fuck
2. Corrupted saves
3. Server disconnects
4. Conquest Large is broken? Servers seem to crash instantly

"What were they thinking?" list:

1. Can't customize soldier from main game screen
2. No party system

I would not be surpised if VOIP was broken because it always has been, but I disable it in favour of party chat. Hopefully stability improvements are applicable to all platforms because PC players have been dragged through the mud on this one.

I crashed several times in singleplayer and for some reason the in-game Battlelog is displaying the wrong soldier (my secondary PSN instead of my main PSN). I even deactivated my secondary soldier on the Battlelog website, but it doesn't change. Also my Premium isn't showing up on the Battlelog website (thus limiting my emblems) and my emblem isn't showing up in game at all.

The PlayStation 4 version is just so broken.

HariKari

I have a 460 but I'm thinking about just getting a 760 but I'd hate to buy one now then a week or something down the road there's some kind of black friday deal or something, I guess I'll just wait but I really want to play BF4 but not with my 460

760 cards are entry level, and usually rebrands of the previous gen. You need a x70 (770, 780, etc...) or higher to really see a performance jump. If you bought a 460 originally I'd also be concerned that your CPU/RAM setup isn't good enough to justify a new card.

That's cheap. :(

I don't really care about pistols much anyway, besides the auto glock and the burst one, they all seem the same. Just thought how many points you need was too much.

I think I got 3 or 4 support service stars before I hit the MP443. Just no need to go to pistol when you have a 200 round box LMG. It's a cheap way to level them up, but if there's a gun you like it's a must. The .44 sucks, but the .45 compact is worth the hassle.

So I got a ps4 last night woohoo. It seems I got a good batch cause there's no problems. This is my first battlefield game and my first and only ps4 retail game. The graphics are amazing and it's so easy to tell its 60 fps. I'm almost done single player but I might not start multiplayer until there's a patch. How long do you guys think it will take? My friend is getting it Monday so I wouldn't mind starting it up.

Tekku

Well this really sucks. This game, when it works, looks and plays amazing. Especially coming from 2 weeks of the utter drudgery that is the PS3 version.

But then it started crashing. Then my save got corrupted (never playing SP again). Then it crashed some more. Then I had a really good round, and it crashed at the end and I lost the whole thing. Then I couldn't even join a Conquest game.

Was it crashing when you played on console as well?

Haklong

Thread is moving fast so I didn't catch if anyone else had this problem. Was playing single player late night on PS4 and it was fine. Played multi last night and that worked well too; no errors. Got up this morning to play more single player and now my saves are gone.

Fistwell

Thread is moving fast so I didn't catch if anyone else had this problem. Was playing single player late night on PS4 and it was fine. Played multi last night and that worked well too; no errors. Got up this morning to play more single player and now my saves are gone.
That's been known to happen on PC, no clue about PS4.

Wait BF4 PS4 is broken too!? WTF EA!!!??
Conquest was for me all last night. However, the rest of the game played amazingly. Domination on that one map in a town with all the destructible buildings really reminded me of BC2. I really love the increase in destruction over BF3 in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom