• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxidax

Conquest was for me all last night. However, the rest of the game played amazingly. Domination on that one map in a town with all the destructible buildings really reminded me of BC2. I really love the increase in destruction over BF3 in here.

Ahh ok! Glad it works for you guys.

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer so far. Flood Zone and Paracel Storm are clearly the best maps. Some maps are just down right dull and ugly.

I went from my Radeon HD 6950 with BF3 to a GTX 770 with BF4. This game runs buttery smooth.

The loading times on the PC are brutal. Would it be beneficial to install this to my SSD? I didn't think I had to since BF3 was such a quick loader.

Faith

760 cards are entry level, and usually rebrands of the previous gen. You need a x70 (770, 780, etc...) or higher to really see a performance jump. If you bought a 460 originally I'd also be concerned that your CPU/RAM setup isn't good enough to justify a new card.
The GTX760 is around 4x faster than a GTX460.

TheContact

760 cards are entry level, and usually rebrands of the previous gen. You need a x70 (770, 780, etc...) or higher to really see a performance jump. If you bought a 460 originally I'd also be concerned that your CPU/RAM setup isn't good enough to justify a new card.

I have an i5 760 and 8gb ram, would a 770 be overkill?

Lakitu

st5fu
I was pretty good at BF 3 but I find myself sucking at this for some reason.

Please dice, put 200 and 300 ticket servers.

kendrid

Banned
I am playing on console. PS4. It's broken.

PS4 here.
I had it corrupt my save game even though I never played single player. After that I had to restart the game ten times to be able to play multiplayer.

There are no 64 player servers that you can join.

After some matches the game crashes.

Besides those annoying issues the game is nice looking and fun to play. Hopefully there is a patch soon.

Dave1988

10Mbps down and 1Mbps up DSL. It's not great, but fuck, this is ridiculus. Besides it's downloaded this is the install I am waiting on!

Errr, you sure your PS4 didn't just fritz out? There's no way that an install would last 22 hours if it were working properly.

10Mbps down and 1Mbps up DSL. It's not great, but fuck, this is ridiculus. Besides it's downloaded this is the install I am waiting on!

Something's broken then, people have reported installs of less than 5 minutes elsewhere

So how's the environmental destruction? Anywhere near Crysis 1 levels?

lol no

Some maps like Paracel storm have full destructible buildings but a lot of maps are VERY superficial

J-P

Neo Member
Do you have to have a headset plugged in to hear people on chat? It won't come out of the tv? I haven't heard a soul and I've played maybe 6 hours online. PS4

PLEASE add me, I have no friends on PSN

PEEEZY187 is my PSN id

I STILL can't play Siege of Shanghai on PC. It always crashes, every single time at random sections of the game. Not even when the skyscraper falls

All other maps and modes are fine

Prezhulio

So what's the deal with ps4 digital version? Downloaded overnight so I could jump in to multiplayer, and it downloaded only the campaign I guess? There's no way an "install" takes this long for the "full game" so I'm assuming it's only downloading in the background while you have bf4 launched? What kind of horse shit is this? I understand servers being entirely broken but eliminating the whole digital advantage and locking me into basically only being able to play your god awful single player in order to do the multiplayer is some shady shit. Am I missing something and I can download the multiplayer off the PSNn store?

Also how do I login to origin? It only gives me the option to create a new account?

Overdoziz

Banned
3 kills with an Assault Rife, 1 kill with the M320, 1 kill with the pistol and 1 kill with the defi. All in 1 round and you unlock the weapon.

I hope they don't nerf it. This weapon is just so awesome.
It's 3 Assault Rifle ribbons, not kills. Got my defib kill on my first try, but didn't get enough ribbons. :(

no, this is maxed out.

how about this bs:

xafPhXg.jpg

That section did look like shit. the other screenshot you posted didn't look right though, it's missing the Ambient occlusion.

bjscott05

I was pretty good at BF 3 but I find myself sucking at this for some reason.

Please dice, put 200 and 300 ticket servers.

I think part of that is just adjusting to weapons that seem to kill quicker. Its not easy taking on multiple enemies without getting killed. I feel like I could kill 3+ enemies in BF3, but now its pretty hard getting two kills at once without getting shot.

Acinixys

Since the patch i get a crash maybe every 10 games or so

Its not all bad. I do feel for the people struggling though. Especially since DICE isn't the most communicative company

Not going to try to play this again on PS4 until they patch it. Save corruption plus never being able to get into an online game really sucks.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Edit: Apparently so. At least I had only played the first level, which I don't mind playing again.

one of them

Neo Member
lol no

Some maps like Paracel storm have full destructible buildings but a lot of maps are VERY superficial

Zavod, Paracel, both of those maps with the dams, and Golmud have destructible buildings. I think it's mainly the cities that have scripted ones, but most small houses can be caved in or blown up.

Not going to try to play this again on PS4 until they patch it. Save corruption plus never being able to get into an online game really sucks.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Edit: Apparently so. At least I had only played the first level, which I don't mind playing again.

Giant Bomb ran into that last night during their stream. The multiplayer side crashed and they launched it to an error message saying that their singleplayer game was corrupt.

Faith

It's 3 Assault Rifle ribbons, not kills. Got my defib kill on my first try, but didn't get enough ribbons. :(
It's not, you're wrong. I did the M320 kill, then the pistol kill, then the defib kill and after 3 assault rifle kills I unlocked it and left the server.

Took me 5min on Operation Locker.

AEREC

So singleplayer runs completely fine at what feels like 60fps with no hitches or stutters. however MP seems to run almost a smooth however it has these little skips or stutters.

This is all on ultra (i7 and a GTX 760). Also tried low settings which made no difference.

Is this a performance issue or is it network lag of some sort?

is BF4 on ps4 complete busted for anybody else? Ive only gotten into one match in a dozen attempts and it dropped the connection 5 minutes into the match.

Martian

So, is it possible to make multiple soldiers yet?
They said they might add it in BF3, but they didn't.
You shouldn't be forced to buy another game to play another soldier/unlock everything for the second time (at least in CoD you can prestige)

Is it back in BF4?

olimpia84

is BF4 on ps4 complete busted for anybody else? Ive only gotten into one match in a dozen attempts and it dropped the connection 5 minutes into the match.

Yes, it's busted. It fucking sucks because BF4 is the reason why I got a PS4 and I can't even play the damn game now. Welcome to next gen!

one of them

Neo Member
So singleplayer runs completely fine at what feels like 60fps with no hitches or stutters. however MP seems to run almost a smooth however it has these little skips or stutters.

This is all on ultra (i7 and a GTX 760). Also tried low settings which made no difference.

Is this a performance issue or is it network lag of some sort?

Are you using Windows 7? I read that some people noticed a distinct lack of stutter when they switched to Windows 8 from Win7. I'm on 8 and I haven't noticed a stutter - I play on Medium with a 560 Ti and an i5 3570k.

Funny. I sucked in BF3 and now I'm way better.

Yeah. I'm not great or anything but maybe its just cause I've figured out that the shotgun is my bread and butter weapon so much earlier now than when I was playing BF3.

I feel like I've made the most odd ball class since I mostly play as Recon with a Shotgun. I just stealth around shooting people in the back, C4'ing tanks and spotting. Very enjoyable!

Aesthet1c

Yeah BF4-PS4 is so broken right now. It's disappointing because I have a ton of fun with it when it works. I have yet to get into a 64 player conquest match, so I've been stuck playing rush, which is pretty fun still. I've also crashed at least 10-20 times. I really can't believe they shipped this game in it's current state. I've played beta's that are more stable than this train wreck.

Faith

Yeah BF4-PS4 is so broken right now. It's disappointing because I have a ton of fun with it when it works. I have yet to get into a 64 player conquest match, so I've been stuck playing rush, which is pretty fun still. I've also crashed at least 10-20 times. I really can't believe they shipped this game in it's current state. I've played beta's that are more stable than this train wreck.
Do you know what's funny? Even the beta of this game had far less problems :D

The in-game assignment says 3 Assault Rifle ribbons, but I got it after 6 Scar-H kills which is one ribbon so I don't know what that's about.

Anyway, I need to get a proper scope for the thing.
Yeah I heard from some guys that it's totally random. Some unlocked it after 2 matches (over 20 kills combined) and some like me after 3 kills.

After 10 kills you get the RDS and after 30 you get the Ergo Grip. And then it's the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.

Mayyhem

Is a party system likely to be added into the game through a patch or something? It's what boggles my fucking brain the most. I want to party up with friends, its a fucking 64 player game, come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom