• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the campaign is every bit as bad six minutes in already. Your helicopter arrives and hovers 10 meters above you in an empty field, but for some reason you have to run a few miles through enemy infested territory to the roof of an abandoned factory until that very same helicopter will pick you up?

DTKT

I like how this keeps cropping up, 'I hope Dice/EA put this feature in the next Battlefield.'

Its funny to me because BF4 is essentially everything we told them to fix in the BF3 beta.

Add spectator mode for the competitive guys, no suppression, commander, larger squads, etc, etc.

Its that EA circular logic where we have to pay $60 for the sequel in order to get some features we wanted years ago. Of course they are going to fuck us over with each subsequent sequel.

Call of Duty and Battlefield single player modes just exist to fill a check-box at retail stores.

I follow Titanfall's development and people actually say that they won't buy the game due to a lack of single player.
Why are you wasting your time on a half-baked mode that is just thrown together? Zero sense.

There are plenty of good single-player, linear shooters that have come out this year alone. Why even bother?

DICE did lock 4 guns behind the singplayer. What a dick move.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fine with no in game commander but they should of kept in the commander assets which could be disabled.

I kinda agree. If Commanders are online, teams gain missiles and attack boats. Infantry should have goals to take those out or something. Would be useful.

Shaundakahl said:
Join the GAF servers, people, so we can steamroll pubbies.

Rush, Obli/Sabo? No? Then I can't care.

Unless I'm able yell "SPLINTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" everytime our flags are capped.

Sevarro

Neo Member
Yeah, the campaign is every bit as bad six minutes in already. Your helicopter arrives and hovers 10 meters above you in an empty field, but for some reason you have to run a few miles through enemy infested territory to the roof of an abandoned factory until that very same helicopter will pick you up?

I found the campaign fun, but hilariously stupid. Irish is a horrible, horrible soldier (and generally annoying) that somehow gets placed in an elite unit. You start a war with China for relatively useless intel. The campaign gives you very little information on why and how you're doing the missions you do. It ends with a "heavy" choice that is not at all interesting. You never actually see how it plays out. In one mission, your character doesn't know what country you're in, but (slight spoilers) you somehow figure out the country and where a secret marine outpost is despite having no radio or anything.

That said, it's pretty. Real pretty.

U2NUMB

This just showed up on Battlelog

"WE ARE DEPLOYING A NEW SERVER TO THE PLAYSTATION 4 PLATFORM, YOU MAY BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR SESSION AS SERVERS ARE RESTARTING TO APPLY THE PATCH. THIS PATCH ADDRESS SOME SERVER STABILITY ISSUES."

I think they meant to put the word Patch in there after Server...

So after getting in about 5 obliteration rounds on the PS4 I can confirm this is the superior version. I have it on PC and I'm level 60+ and I run it at 2560x1440 on a 290x... but man this game is fun on the console. Knowing everyone is on a complete level playing field.... and using a controller really makes this game shine. Not only that but you can tell it was balanced with consoles in mind anyway due to the vehicles. It's nice seeing people shoot and actually miss on occasion. Vehicles feel great, guns feel good... it just feels right.

Kudos on dice, can't wait for the stability issues to be fixed.

I'm using a 360 controller on PC for aircraft only and it does make a big difference, especially flying a chopper. Other than that its not precise enough.

lol thats the worst part

I'm saying the vehicles are balanced with people missing in mind. On PC you get absolutely destroyed if a mobile AA unit even looks at you in a chopper. Today I was able to move around and get away from him much easier.

Just a small example. Tank fights are fun too watching the slow turrets move around.

So after getting in about 5 obliteration rounds on the PS4 I can confirm this is the superior version. I have it on PC and I'm level 60+ and I run it at 2560x1440 on a 290x... but man this game is fun on the console. Knowing everyone is on a complete level playing field.... and using a controller really makes this game shine. Not only that but you can tell it was balanced with consoles in mind anyway due to the vehicles. It's nice seeing people shoot and actually miss on occasion. Vehicles feel great, guns feel good... it just feels right.

Glad to hear this. Looking forward to giving it a roll next week when I pick it up!

phaonaut

I'm saying the vehicles are balanced with people missing in mind. On PC you get absolutely destroyed if a mobile AA unit even looks at you in a chopper. Today I was able to move around and get away from him much easier.

Just a small example. Tank fights are fun too watching the slow turrets move around.

Are there custom servers for PS4?

Grief.exe

Its the superior version because you are able to be more competitive?

This happens all the time. I start shooting, get a bunch of hit markers, then he just insta-kills me :(

i7tghdlNiNdKV.gif

Its the superior version because you are able to be more competitive?

Obviously it's because of MARK CERNY and 8GB DDR5 RAM. Has the PC version improved any since the update? I refuse to start Origin because just the thought of BF4 crashing on me again makes me want to scream.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

ThefuckamIreading.jpg

Are you serious? There's tons of people that can hit other tanks on consoles AND PC. It takes practice. You being on PS4 and missing shots != "better."

He's got a point, pc versions of MP shooters are full of people with death rays for guns, while on consoles you never get that feeling. It's why I rate KZ3 as the best MP shooter experience of the last few years.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

4342154556_479de276a0_o.gif

Mumford

How is this game multiplayer-wise on PS4 compared to the last-gen versions of BF3? I'm hearing mixed signals. Does it maintain 60 FPS? Inform me GAF.

Panthers

Hey Im looking for people to play on PS4. No one Ive played with yet uses a headset, and its so annoying

PSN ID: Panthers

Loving this game so far. I just want Conquest to work :( its the only mode I played on BF3 and its my most fun by far.

Still even with all the problems, its my favorite launch title by far (not counting PSN games)

Ultryx

How was it balanced with consoles in mind? Everyone is on the same playing field on PC too. Some people are better with a KB/M than a DS4 and vice-versa.

todahawk

Hey Im looking for people to play on PS4. No one Ive played with yet uses a headset, and its so annoying

PSN ID: Panthers

Loving this game so far. I just want Conquest to work :( its the only mode I played on BF3 and its my most fun by far.

Still even with all the problems, its my favorite launch title by far (not counting PSN games)

I'll add ya....

my PSN id = todahawk
play most game modes
I'm EST (Ohio) mostly evenings.

BF4 PS4GAF please

Vidpixel

How is this game multiplayer-wise on PS4 compared to the last-gen versions of BF3? I'm hearing mixed signals. Does it maintain 60 FPS? Inform me GAF.

It's a night and day difference between Battlefield 4 on the PS4 and Battlefield 3 on the PS3. I haven't had any frame rate issues in the handful of matches I've played on Battlefield 4, but then again, I haven't played all that much due to the server instabilities.

fritolay

I almost finished campaign, got an error and now my save data is gone. I have to restart from beginning....

I actually has this happen on the 360 version as well. I was saving to Live so it wasn't local disk. I just think BF crashes on multiple platforms when trying to save data.

Note: PS4 went to play BF4 this afternoon. Both times it would start then crash. I had resumed from stand by so I rebooted the PS4 and now it works again.

EDIT

Any word from EA or Sony when the PS4 version will get going again? I get an error every time I get to the menu.

Restart your PS4, worked for me.

dkeane

Soo.. Playing on PS4 and I'm trying to join a game with friends together. Are we missing something or is it not possible? Seems like an insane thing to not have in a squad based game.

Kingbrave

Any chance this could be fixed in future patches?

It's not a game changing bug but I find it kinda annoying.

I hope so. I don't think it's a priority right now with all the online versions of the games experiencing problems.

Sorry I took so long to reply, I forgot I had posted.

Acinixys

He's got a point, pc versions of MP shooters are full of people with death rays for guns, while on consoles you never get that feeling. It's why I rate KZ3 as the best MP shooter experience of the last few years.

So M+KB is superior to a console controller in an FPS?

Who would have guessed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom