• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
The population charts for this game are interesting because it appears that Europe skews more PC and PS3, while when you primetime hours in the US the consoles are pretty much each with each other than PC. I noticed the same thing with BF3.

Currently online players:

PC

PS3

XBOX360

XBOXONE

PS4

-------------

X1 should be here any time and first thing I'm doing is DL BF4.

God this game is so fucked up. A player with 230+ ping wins a shootout vs me with a 30 ping over and over, even though I see him and start firing first I just die in a split second. There is no way that should happen.

God this game is so fucked up. A player with 230+ ping wins a shootout vs me with a 30 ping over and over, even though I see him and start firing first I just die in a split second. There is no way that should happen.

It's because hit detection is done on client side, not server.

Here is what happens:

You are standing in a room. This guy (with high ping) enters the room. The server already told him that you are standing in the corner, so he sees you when he comes in. He sees you 230ms before you see him come around the corner. So in the 1/4 of a second he can squeeze off a burst at you and kill you. You of course see him fire as he is coming around the corner, making it look like he is cheating or something. But really, it's because his high ping was actually an advantage in that situation.

It doesn't help him in all cases, but in situations where he enters a room and finds someone who is standing still or in a corner, he has the edge. And unless they move to server-side hit detection (which they won't at this point), then it won't be fixed.

The 1-hit kill bug should be fixed, though.

Makoto

The lag and rubberbanding have been astonishing lately. I hate when when you're in a vehicle and you switch between weapons but the server switches you back to the weapon you were just at.

But I do like baiting scrub pilots into following my jet/helicopter into our base as our computer-controlled AA gun tears them apart. I've yet to come across someone who hasn't been baited.

BlindRage

Probably a question that has been asked already but is this weekend 2x xp? I was playing some games yesterday and getting double the points, haven't been able to play today but if it is I will certainly try to get on and get some levels so I can get to 25

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

That doesn't matter in ping-times. His lower ping should be sending to the server faster than someone's higher-ping.

I've had a situation where I went to knife someone, had the knife play for me and then the server "rolled" back the result and had him counter knife me. On his screen I looked like I was in front of him when I knifed when he was back-turned/side-turned to where the knife should've been a non-counter situation.

It's the server sending his response after mine.

They need to fix the server code.

NoTacos

QWfO7rm.jpg

This can't be real life.

olimpia84

This is fucking stupid, I finally manage to get in a Conquest server but then get booted out with the error blue screen (PS4). To top that, I have to fight muscle memory every time I play this game because between BF3 and both versions of BF4 they all have different control layouts. This is beyond stupidity.

Spl1nter

Pretty sure we ran into our first hacker tonight. Wasnt extremely obvious even though he was the top player on the opposing team. But looking at his stats his headshot to kill ratios make him either one of the best players in the world or a hacker.

Here is the player profile: http://bf4stats.com/pc/Axios45

edit: and just as I post he changes his name to Chasseur3. Pretty suspicious. Rambo you play competitively, looks like a hacker am I right?

Here is what happens:

You are standing in a room. This guy (with high ping) enters the room. The server already told him that you are standing in the corner, so he sees you when he comes in. He sees you 230ms before you see him come around the corner. So in the 1/4 of a second he can squeeze off a burst at you and kill you. You of course see him fire as he is coming around the corner, making it look like he is cheating or something. But really, it's because his high ping was actually an advantage in that situation.

It doesn't help him in all cases, but in situations where he enters a room and finds someone who is standing still or in a corner, he has the edge. And unless they move to server-side hit detection (which they won't at this point), then it won't be fixed.

The 1-hit kill bug should be fixed, though.

I thought they changed to server side with BF4?

Oh yeah, THAT guy.

ggs tonight

TheSeks

Hahaha, what? I didn't even notice that as I was yelling at Noura for taking my sniper ribbon kill. D:

TheSeks

otapnam

Man, I love sneaking around the back in Operation Locker rush, pick off a few enemies that are guarding the chokepoints, maybe if possible arm an MCOM to distract the rest and then just watch the floodgates open and see all my teammates swarm in the room.

Keep telling my teammates to go outside but half the time they're intent on dying in the hallways... dat metro mentality

TheSeks

They took out the Resistance 2-3 lobby-style system in the PS3/PS4 version?

I guess it's for the best since they kept auto-balancing you on join in BF3 so I guess they expect it to happen again in BF4 and better to get a "fuck you DICE" from you on it not being there than "WHAT THE FUCK, FUCK YOU DICE" from it being there and autobalances.

Pretty sure we ran into our first hacker tonight. Wasnt extremely obvious even though he was the top player on the apposing team. But looking at his stats his headshot to kill ratios make him either one of the best players in the world or a hacker.

edit: and just as I post he changes his name to Chasseur3. Pretty suspicious. Rambo you play competitively, looks like a hacker am I right?
Probably just boosting. There is a difference.

They took out the Resistance 2-3 lobby-style system in the PS3/PS4 version?

I guess it's for the best since they kept auto-balancing you on join in BF3 so I guess they expect it to happen again in BF4 and better to get a "fuck you DICE" from you on it not being there than "WHAT THE FUCK, FUCK YOU DICE" from it being there and autobalances.

i don't envy them on this particular dilemma... it was pretty broken in BC1. then in BC2 it worked as intended and people who weren't in a squad of friends complained because it basically auto-stacked teams by dropping a full squad of friends on one side. then in BF3 it autobalanced on join and broke people up, making people who used the function complain... now with this, they are basically saying fuck it, you'll be in a squad with your friend if there's space...

Man, I spent a 100% XP boost tonight on a 45-minute Locker match with a bunch of friends. And the server crashed right before we won. So everything was lost!

Dice, I demand free XP!

It sucks because our site (dayonepatch.com) has the server but why even buy them if there are going to be these continuing problems? You can't get a refund, so why take the risk from this point on?

i don't envy them on this particular dilemma... it was pretty broken in BC1. then in BC2 it worked as intended and people who weren't in a squad of friends complained because it basically auto-stacked teams by dropping a full squad of friends on one side. then in BF3 it autobalanced on join and broke people up, making people who used the function complain... now with this, they are basically saying fuck it, you'll be in a squad with your friend if there's space...
When you put it like that it does make sense, I haven't had any problems with squads in BF4 so far, one of the few things that seems to work well.

Ostinatto

The xbone framerate has been pretty bad in the couple of matches I tried in multi. I didn't notice it dropping like that on the ps4

Siege of Shanghai conquest 64 players, runs at 35 fps average on PS4.
feels like 15 fps, when the big building collapse.

anyone can corroborate this? or its just me?

ThisOne

Siege of Shanghai conquest 64 players, runs at 35 fps average on PS4.
feels like 15 fps, when the big building collapse.

anyone can corroborate this? or its just me?

Yep I noticed some really bad framerates on that same level earlier tonight. 64-player conquest and it seemed to be dropping even below 15 fps at times. I'm hoping this is more of server issue rather than an under-powered console issue. I've also noticed huge frame drops on 32-player Obliteration matches on Operation Locker.

scogoth

Pretty sure we ran into our first hacker tonight. Wasnt extremely obvious even though he was the top player on the opposing team. But looking at his stats his headshot to kill ratios make him either one of the best players in the world or a hacker.

Way to not read. There's nothing to "boost" in headshots stats.

He was getting crazy fast kills.

This reminds me of the guy on Hainan Resort that I recorded in spectator mode. He was using a M86B, 8x scope, no PLD or range finder. He would instantly know when a sniper popped up and within 3 secs get a 800-1200m headshot first try.

Yep I noticed some really bad framerates on that same level earlier tonight. 64-player conquest and it seemed to be dropping even below 15 fps at times. I'm hoping this is more of server issue rather than an under-powered console issue. I've also noticed huge frame drops on 32-player Obliteration matches on Operation Locker.
Yea, I was gonna post something about this too. I seem to get stutter whenever playing 64 player games ...guess some kinks still need to be worked out.

TheSeks

Man, I spent a 100% XP boost tonight on a 45-minute Locker match with a bunch of friends. And the server crashed right before we won. So everything was lost!

Dice, I demand free XP!

It sucks because our site (dayonepatch.com) has the server but why even buy them if there are going to be these continuing problems? You can't get a refund, so why take the risk from this point on?

Your fault for using XP boosts, dude. Until people say the servers are 99% working to where your bad luck situation only happens 1% of the time, I wouldn't use the Battlepacks or their drops at all right now.

Faceless said:

Honestly, this outing makes sense and is more fair than BC2's.

"Is there space? No? Then you need to sit there and wait until there is space."
"Is there space on their squad? No? Then you need to sit there and wait until there is space, or tell us 'fuck it, I'll join a random squad' and play together."

Sucks to where you can't get a consistent group going, but you can kick people out of your squad if you're squad-leader and want friends to join you.

nillapuddin

"No plans to add squads at main menu"

Fuck you DICE and your garbage game.

you have got to be fucking shitting me.
fuck this bullshit,
cannot believe this is my launch game.
i play with 7 people in a group and we CANNOT
get into a game together, finish a game together, send invites, fucking anything cooperatively
fuck this new party system on xbox, and fuck dice
goes back to playing

edit: starts game with all players, split us up
I cant move from spawn, 1 player crashes
ffs

Zinthar

Has anyone encountered an issue with the PC version where you load into a game, and then about 1 minute later the game just closes on you, without a crash or anything like that? As of this evening that's suddenly started happening to me every time I try to join a server.

The only thing I've done since the last time I played BF4 successfully two days ago was install Tomb Raider, but I can't see why that should affect this.

sflufan

Banned

Dice, I demand free XP!

I've decided to cancel the D1P BF4 server once our lease term is up in January. EA/DICE already got $60 out of me for the game and some portion of $220 for the 3-month server rental -- there is no way in hell I'm going give them one cent more for this sub-standard product.

TheSeks

Like I said earlier: I had a situation where I saw the knife kill/grab dogtag animation and then the server rolled back like GGPO's fighting game netcode to an earlier state and had the person counter-kill me. It seems like in your situation he got you sideways (since you moved sideways) before you saw him knife you, so it didn't count that and didn't give you the ability to counter.

Shit sucks, I'll admit.

scogoth

Like I said earlier: I had a situation where I saw the knife kill/grab dogtag animation and then the server rolled back like GGPO's fighting game netcode to an earlier state and had the person counter-kill me. It seems like in your situation he got you sideways (since you moved sideways) before you saw him knife you, so it didn't count that and didn't give you the ability to counter.

Shit sucks, I'll admit.

I was facing him the whole time. Side hits should trigger at 90 degrees not 5 degrees. I'll admit I have enjoyed the benefits of the full knife kill when front knifing but I felt dirty every time.

GRATUITOUS KNIFING
iB1eRcG8LDYHV.gif

iwGgBSn2LDQvR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom