• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole 'I suspect you're not very good at finding good deals' insult. It was completely unnecessary. I know about Black Friday, but I forgot about the upgrade from current gen to next gen for $10 thing. Whatever man. Defend being an ass if you want.

Lol, how am I an ass?

But whatever floats your boat... Like a certain pop star said, "Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one."

J-P

Neo Member
You know you can set sprint to press once, right? As a matter of fact I think it defaults to that.

Same with vehicle turbo. You press the stick once to start it and it stays in turbo until you turn too harshly or slow down.

I did see that as an option but i'm trying to wrap my head around having to tap it each time i want to change. Guess i need to try it out.

I honestly had no idea the vehicles had a turbo option.

snack

Are these stutters on 64 man servers for the next gen consoles a server issue or console issue? I'm hoping it is the former...

pestul

Has anyone else tried the game on a 7770? I saw a benchmark that showed it managing ~40 FPS on high 1080p, and ~50 FPS on 900p. I didn't think it would hold up that well, so I was wondering if anyone else had any FPS numbers.
Before this slips away into thread oblivion.. I would highly doubt it could achieve those results without an excellent overclock. I have crossfire 5850s (each about 15-20%faster than the 7770) and I disabled xfire it to test for someone. Playable was with all settings on medium @1080p.

All right, after two nights of trying I can now safely say that BF4 has become unplayable for me on PC. 90% of all games crash within 5 minutes.

Thanks for that double XP DICE!

Ocho

I get killed in a tank far more often by C4 than by Engi rockets.

And in BF3, I already found it quite easy to sneak up on tanks as Support to destroy tanks in one blow.

I think C4 needs to be nerfed, honestly. No loading up on charges to go straight for the one hit destroy. Maybe one hit disable would be more fair.

I feel C4 is perfectly balanced, as much as I hate it. Tanks are op, they need a counter.

scogoth

What a lot of people don't realize is that the angle of your shot also affects your damage dealt. You don't always have time to angle a perpendicular shot, but if you're shooting at a tank from 45 degrees to the front, don't expect to take it down.

I think the angle of attack has been drastically reduced as a damage modifier compared to BF3. It seems like an RPG hit does 20-35 damage depending on angle/side. In BF3 is was like 1-50 (exaggerated but thats what it felt like!). I don't really like how explosives work now because it seems that it is too easy to take down armoured without any skill required. In BF3 you could at least see the incoming projectile and spin your tank to take reduced damage. I also can't seem to find any consistency in critical shots.

Ocho

I think the angle of attack has been drastically reduced as a damage modifier compared to BF3. It seems like an RPG hit does 20-35 damage depending on angle/side. In BF3 is was like 1-50 (exaggerated but thats what it felt like!). I don't really like how explosives work now because it seems that it is too easy to take down armoured without any skill required. In BF3 you could at least see the incoming projectile and spin your tank to take reduced damage. I also can't seem to find any consistency in critical shots.

This is my biggest problem right now. I've flanked tanks from behind thinking a 2 shot should do the job, and nope.

I was wondering this as I typed it, as I've consistently had 21-35 damage regardless of angle, but I remember a DICE interview during Gamescom (I think) where they were stressing the angle.

I haven't found a good explanation of the new vehicle damage/disable/immobilization system yet.

Pop

Anyone else having frame rate slow in conquest (PS4) is this a server issue or the PS4 cannot handle it?

Well I was thinking about coming back and trying to play today. Guess not

Last time I tried to play the game would crash whenever I opened Battlelog. Maybe Santa will grant me a Christmas wish this year.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Are these stutters on 64 man servers for the next gen consoles a server issue or console issue? I'm hoping it is the former...

Definitely a server issue. I've had some really crazy frame drops where it went down to 2-4 fps for like 10 seconds... and other times where it's silky 60fps for the entire match on the same map.

PS4 here.

snack

Definitely a server issue. I've had some really crazy frame drops where it went down to 2-4 fps for like 10 seconds... and other times where it's silky 60fps for the entire match on the same map.

PS4 here.

I see. That's good to hear as it sounds like something DICE can fix on their end.

Kssio_Aug

Ok, let me ask something.
I wasnt a big BF3 player... just played it a little bit, long after downloading my game on PS3 at IGC by PS Plus.

The thing is... I do participate of another forum, from my country, and I am seeing A LOT of complains about Battlefield 4, from everything. About the game balance, about bugs, instability, crashes, freezing, and so on... and a lot of people comparing it and saying its a lot worse than BF3. Here however, I do not see much complains about the game itself, but about its technical problems (like the freezes and crashes).

The time I spent playing BF4 (PS3 version) seemed to me much more fun than the time I spent playing BF3. Is it only me??

Are you people enjoying the game itself besides its technicals problems? (for those who are able to play, of course)

Kingbrave

Ok, let me ask something.
I wasnt a big BF3 player... just played it a little bit, long after downloading my game on PS3 at IGC by PS Plus.

The thing is... I do participate of another forum, from my country, and I am seeing A LOT of complains about Battlefield 4, from everything. About the game balance, about bugs, instability, crashes, freezing, and so on... and a lot of people comparing it and saying its a lot worse than BF3. Here however, I do not see much complains about the game itself, but about its technical problems (like the freezes and crashes).

The time I spent playing BF4 (PS3 version) seemed to me much more fun than the time I spent playing BF3. Is it only me??

Are you people enjoying the game itself besides its technicals problems? (for those who are able to play, of course)

Technical problems aside, I like BF4 more. It adds back some of the stuff I liked from Bad Company that I loved. Like shooting grenades and making holes in walls.

Conquest 64. Tonight's crashing was on Shanghai, yesterday the flooded city whatever it's called.

I've seen a lot of people complain of crashes on 64 player serves. Does it happen on 48,32 etc?

Also yeah Shanghai ALWAYS crashes for me. At random times. I haven't played a full round of anything on Shanghai since the game launched

But I've been here for a while now. So guess that makes me a Gaf survivor :)

If it didn't say "junior member" under your name or we couldn't see your join date then maybe that line would have more credit to it. Hell, I'm here since February and I'm still an uber noob round here

todahawk

Why are the LMG's still so inaccurate after the beta? Was a problem then, is a problem now. I should not have to pulse the trigger when I am 2 feet from someone.

I need to hit the test range but I'm really struggling with both assault rifles and LMGs and I think it's the kick. I wanna try the other sniper rifles but my god the first one is just awful... or again I need to figure out the windage and sighting in stuff, can't hit shit.

Tangent...

So weird that I struggle to stay even with my K/D most rounds, I'm just too reckless and I have to be really amped up to twitch and win encounters. Been like this since BF 1942 and Desert Combat. Then I remember I'm better with IFVs and MBTs and I focused on snagging them last night and just cleaned house repeatedly. I just click with vehicle combat for some reason. Even if I'm a gunner I still do pretty well and repair like a mofo either way.

Good god I'm really loving the mobile AA... been playing them a bit but snagged one early on Zavod and went to town. I had a huge kill streak going on choppers trying to land snipers on the top of the buildings in the center of the map and holy shit did they get pissed they couldn't camp and snipe. I had squads coming after me like crazy, clearly targeting me and chasing my ass down and away from control points. They caught me once in an ambush by some buildings at E but after that I was more careful and they did little other than dent my armor after that. I'd retreat to one of the clearings and repair and then wipe them with the 20mm vulcan.

q3JmG8T.png

My friends and I made this because we played alot of BF2. I really miss those good times, it was a great game!
And yes, we're swiss :)

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

I've played all the Battlefields (I think) and this is my favorite by far. When the technical issues get sorted out it I don't see it having any equal as far as military shooters go.

Gah, I've been lagging all day on Xbox One. I don't think it's my connection either. The game was running fine until yesterday when I started getting server connection issues. Hopefully it's better by the time I get home from work.

Facism

my first choices, but went with bazaar to add a little more variety.

What i'd like is for Karkand, Sharqi, Oman, updated Market Garden.

64player Wake with Mirrored islands and controllable carriers.

Most of all, i'd like them to fix the fucking game so i'm not jumping from 150fps to 40 at random fucking intervals. There's a brilliant game underneath all the mechanical and technical shyte.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
2 shot kill with rpg to the rear with sraw, smaw, rpg.

Get damage assists and no disable/destroy.

WTF-*die because the tank is still alive AND self-repairs from a disable this outing*

Sorry, but C4 is the reliable anti-vehicle option this outing. Engineers are pointless until DICE buffs the rocket damage a small bit AND prevents disables from being self-repairing outside of the extinguisher perk.

Kssio_Aug

Technical problems aside, I like BF4 more. It adds back some of the stuff I liked from Bad Company that I loved. Like shooting grenades and making holes in walls.

I played BF3 a LOT and loved it, BF4 is better in every single way (aside from the crashes etc.)

I've played all the Battlefields (I think) and this is my favorite by far. When the technical issues get sorted out it I don't see it having any equal as far as military shooters go.

Thanks for the heads-up!
My PS4 may be coming at the end of this week, and I just cant wait to play it at next-gen! Hope EA/DICE fix the major problems soon enough!!

You're a got damn veteran

And we're all grateful for your contribution of petty insults towards other members.

If it didn't say "junior member" under your name or we couldn't see your join date then maybe that line would have more credit to it. Hell, I'm here since February and I'm still an uber noob round here

I've lurked here before 6/13.. I registered in May, so I existed long before June, you just didn't know it ;)

Show me where did I insult anyone in the entire time I've been here... like a professor at any college would say, "Please cite your sources."

My rank bear no importance... Hell, I've seen trolls come here and they're not even JUNIOR members... just regular Members,

So maybe it's few of you that's trolling for trouble since one of you were like, "Wahh, wahh, you exchanged BF4 for Killzone! I dub thee a KZ fanboy!" Seriously, I'm entitled to my right to express my displeasure with DICE. It doesn't mean I'm a fanboy. I just wanted to make sure I got my money's worth. BF4 was not deserving of my $60 that went towards the Target B2G1 sale. Then I came up with a way to get BF4 for a mere $25 at any retailer on Black Friday. Then one dude was like, "that's immoral! Why would you buy the PS3 version!" I simply pointed out that I can easily buy the PS3 version with the intent of going the upgrade path which would have cost me $35 in the end. What did that guy do? "Wahh he insulted me!" What, are you all 8 to 12 years old? Get over it guys.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
What does it take to get the Veteran items? I should have Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 tied to my account, but the Vet items remain locked. I got the M1911 in Battlefield 3 though, and that was supposed to be a Veteran reward.

Is it just some launch issue again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom