• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Hey Guys, Any word on the Xbox One version multiplayer? Is it running better? I just picked it up but dont want to open it if its a mess still.

Thanks

I just got it today. Other then it sometimes failing to join a server, I've had no problems. But I've only played a handful of Conquest matches so far.

Did anyone not get their gold battlepack from the amazon promotion? I added the code to dogtagoffer.battlefield.com but I never got my reward or email or anything.

Uh, maybe not? Where do you manage those?

(On PC, don't know if it's different on console)

Once in game, press escape to bring up the menu.
Look to the bottom right corner of the screen.
Select from a drop down which XP boost you want to use.
?????????
Profit.

Man, when is the Chromatic Abberation bug going to be fixed? Fucking annoying you have to turn off Commanders just to enjoy the game. :/

Why are people calling this a bug? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to happen when you get emp'd or whatever.

Also, is there a gaf clan/platoon on PS4 and if so, how do I join?

Milennia

I'm a Battlefield noob so what exactly do Battlepacks do and how do you use them?

They are booster packs essentially that contain random exclusive camos ,dogtags, attatchments etc only available via the battlepacks.

What you get is random and the packs are obtained by leveling and using specific guns to unlock battlepacks containing attatchments for that specific gun.

They also contain xp boosts.

You use them by going to the main menu and scrolling down to battlepacks , you then select he battlepack and open it.

Press escape, look in lower right hand corner for "Boosts available". At one point I had 10+ 25% boosts, a few 50% boosts, a 100% boost, and a 200% boost. Each lasts for an hour, they can't be stacked.
Hmm I'll have to look around on the PS4 version. I didn't see anything like that and I haven't gotten any boosts out of the battlepacks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why are people calling this a bug? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to happen when you get emp'd or whatever.

Because it happens anytime a commander uses the EMP and STAYS after the EMP.

It's a fucking annoying effect all around anyway. People don't like it, DICE knows and plans to remove it. The question is WHEN. Because it's making playing the game damn hard because my screen blurs/discolors every few seconds because some fucknut had to join the server as a commander and EMP.

tsigo

As Recon, when you mark a target with the SOFLAM or PLD, do you have to keep it "locked" for someone to take advantage of it or can you move on? It's not really clear because when you toggle out of aiming the PLD, for example, the mark goes away and it seems like you can re-mark it again.

TheSeks

I haven't played around with the SOFLAM enough to know, but the PLD has to be held on the target/target in screen for the lock to hold. You can't lower the PLD because it breaks lock.

Unless that's something DICE "broke" in earlier server revisions or something.

It's kinda pointless to use those anyway since no one locks onto them. :/

Hmm I'll have to look around on the PS4 version. I didn't see anything like that and I haven't gotten any boosts out of the battlepacks.

Sorry, not sure how it works on consoles. However, almost every battlepack gave me an XP boost, even if it was just 25%.

Roland1979

So is it finally somewhat acceptable on the PC? I don't want to support a buggy game, i feel bad enough already for possibly paying for a EA game.

I haven't played around with the SOFLAM enough to know, but the PLD has to be held on the target/target in screen for the lock to hold. You can't lower the PLD because it breaks lock.

Unless that's something DICE "broke" in earlier server revisions or something.

It's kinda pointless to use those anyway since no one locks onto them. :/

I actually use the PLD in my usual Recon setup. There are times where I have it held for nigh on 30 seconds where I do mumble about my team being terrible. But when I play with my friends that chopper/plane/tank is toast. And if you spot it, lock it, and it blows up you can get upwards of 500 points from that. Hell, hitting the Recon drones nets like 225. The guy who hit it gets like half of that.

Bombless

So is it finally somewhat acceptable on the PC? I don't want to support a buggy game, i feel bad enough already for possibly paying for a EA game.

I haven't crashed in a very long while, nor have I had a server crash on me. Now what I complain about is that stupid chromatic aberration and the one hit kill bug.

Well, that and the incompetence of my team.

I'd say the game is hitting it's stride now.

fritolay

XB1 seems to crash between matches on 64 player conquest. That at least lets you play games and keep your XP.

I don't think custom emblems are working on XB1 version. They were on the 360.

Naked Lunch

I have never seen videogame madness like 64 player conquest on Metro in BF4. Incendiary grenades every 5 feet, ceilings collapsing, dead people, explosions, and bullets eveywhere. Sure its not real Battlefield but its 100% spamming insanity. The craziest multiplayer round I ever witnessed.

Sorry, not sure how it works on consoles. However, almost every battlepack gave me an XP boost, even if it was just 25%.
Yeah, doesn't look like they exist in consoles unless I'm absolutely blind.

Edit: found it, it's in the pause screen during a game. Level 6 and no boosts yet :(

fritolay

I really don't like the changes to Assault. Not enough points for healing. Defibrillator having to charge up without knowing how long, and only once. There also seems to be a shorter time to revive people.. It just is not worth it now as you often die trying much more frequently. Some people may like the changes, but I don't see people reviving as much at all and that makes it feel more like COD or some other game.

TheSeks

I actually use the PLD in my usual Recon setup. There are times where I have it held for nigh on 30 seconds where I do mumble about my team being terrible. But when I play with my friends that chopper/plane/tank is toast. And if you spot it, lock it, and it blows up you can get upwards of 500 points from that. Hell, hitting the Recon drones nets like 225. The guy who hit it gets like half of that.

It's too random to bother. You have to pray your team notices the lock to where it's a "waste" of a slot.

Might as well use an MAV or T-UGS or the motion mines over the SOFLAM or PLD.

Naked Lunch

I really don't like the changes to Assault. Not enough points for healing. Defibrillator having to charge up without knowing how long, and only once. There also seems to be a shorter time to revive people.. It just is not worth it now as you often die trying much more frequently. Some people may like the changes, but I don't see people reviving as much at all and that makes it feel more like COD or some other game.
These changes stopped the medic trains - one of BF3's biggest problems. Deal with it.

TheSeks

Points for healing shouldn't factor into your role as a medic equation.

People reviving/healing for points pisses me off. What about helping your team?

DERP I JUST WANT THE 200 POINTS FOR REVIVING YOU AND THEN YOU DIE BECAUSE YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN AND I DIE FOR REVIVING YOU WHILE YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN BUT WHO CARES POINTTTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

SMH. >:|

otapnam

I like using the pld to spot enemies before quick scoping them :D

fritolay

DERP I JUST WANT THE 200 POINTS FOR REVIVING YOU AND THEN YOU DIE BECAUSE YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN AND I DIE FOR REVIVING YOU WHILE YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN BUT WHO CARES POINTTTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And now we have "hey somebody revive me.... anyone?"

These battlepacks are horrible. Inside a gold pack was 3 xp boosts, a 4x scope for the UMP and a battlelog pose. What am I going to do with a 4x scope on a close combat weapon? Even the weapon specific battlepacks are outrageous. After 4 battlepacks for my sv98 I still haven't unlocked any of the long range scopes. Just give me the useful scopes instead of playing a luck game.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I don't really get the crazy scopes on weapons that don't need them. Same with the 4 different silencers. It's just like....why.

Gritesh

I'd really like to get into this game, but I feel like I didn't play Battelfied 3 enough to warrant another full priced purchase.

If anyone knows where I could get a code for a relatively cheaper price, I would be tempted but until then I will sit this one out.

Especially with all the reports of it being broken/crashing, just cant justify supporting this with a full dollar value.

venom2124

Did anyone not get their gold battlepack from the amazon promotion? I added the code to dogtagoffer.battlefield.com but I never got my reward or email or anything.
Never got mine either. I wonder if it went to the ps3 version instead of the ps4 version I bought.

These battlepacks are horrible. Inside a gold pack was 3 xp boosts, a 4x scope for the UMP and a battlelog pose. What am I going to do with a 4x scope on a close combat weapon? Even the weapon specific battlepacks are outrageous. After 4 battlepacks for my sv98 I still haven't unlocked any of the long range scopes. Just give me the useful scopes instead of playing a luck game.

I threw the 4x or whatever on my MP7 so I could use it to spot people. This is an acceptable answer because in BF3, if you ADS'd with an MP7 to shoot at someone, you should just uplug your computer.

Anyone else really liking the head tracking / leaning w/ Kinect?
They're pretty nice, the head turning in vehicles is particularly useful.

The voice commands activating comma rose is also pretty nice.
Hey Guys, Any word on the Xbox One version multiplayer? Is it running better? I just picked it up but dont want to open it if its a mess still.

Thanks

I get some crashes in-between matches, but I've yet to have the game crash during a match.

tatsuki

It's been good for me for the past week so far. I've been able to play for hours in the same server. It's crashed only once in that time.

The one hit kill bug is annoying sometimes. It's not like it happens all the time though.

Damn, my battlepacks have been spamming me XP boosts like no tommorow...

Have like 7 hours of 25% and 3 50% lol.
I would give mine away If I could.
i3x9A2T13EFAR.png

Roland1979

And now we have "hey somebody revive me.... anyone?"

You shouldn't want to be revived if you're in the line of heavy fire. Just spawn somewhere beneficial.

Milennia

Just got kicked right near the end of 3 consecutive amazing games on ps4 ;/

However i unlocked shit each of the 3 games... So luckily it saved my progress phew.

Didn't count my xp boosts though -.-

Gusto

I have a really dumb question to ask, why don't you hear anyone chatting on the PS4 version? I can't be the only one wanting to chat with my team?

TheSeks

You shouldn't want to be revived if you're in the line of heavy fire. Just spawn somewhere beneficial.

If I'm near a door or in an area where there is no enemies? You should be refunding that ticket because it helps your team. Not because you want 200 points that won't matter in the end outside of leveling up which you can do from healing/reviving/shooting people/resupplys/repairs, etc. etc. etc./PLAYING the game normally anyway.

I'm honestly fine with the "charge" system they changed to. I'm not fine with the fact people aren't doing it because they can't medic train anymore and because of POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Again: Who gives a shit about the points? Help your team! REVIVE!

This doesn't mean "REVIVE IN THE OPEN" BTW. It means "REVIVE IF IT'S SAFE" so many people passing dead bodies because they can't be assed to revive is infuriating.

Nothing but hatred for the beginning sniper rifles. Maybe it's because of too much COD but godamn these guns are HORRIBLE. Is it by design to be patient with the class because godamn it's being tested.

Being a sniper in Bad Company was so much fun and now the ghillie suits are gone and it just makes me so stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom