• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg

Ive been hopeing they will fix this before the EU launch! This crappy support from DICE makes me wanna switch to Killzone......! Whats the use of buying a game that you cant play

Yaska

What does it take to get the Veteran items? I should have Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 tied to my account, but the Vet items remain locked. I got the M1911 in Battlefield 3 though, and that was supposed to be a Veteran reward.

Is it just some launch issue again?

It's bugged, and not yet fixed, so your best bet is to wait 'til they think it's fixed.
In other words, bug preventing the bp being rewarded to veterans.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's bugged, and not yet fixed, so your best bet is to wait 'til they think it's fixed.

Well that's a relief. I hate missing out on stuff. It annoys me as is that the developer exclusive camos are listed as though you, John Player, could ever unlock them.

Seanspeed

Banned
Then I came up with a way to get BF4 for a mere $25 at any retailer on Black Friday. Then one dude was like, "that's immoral! Why would you buy the PS3 version!" I simply pointed out that I can easily buy the PS3 version with the intent of going the upgrade path which would have cost me $35 in the end. What did that guy do? "Wahh he insulted me!" What, are you all 8 to 12 years old? Get over it guys.
Thats a mighty twisted and bullshit recollection there bud. Might work in some places, but here on the internet, the words are pasted right there on the screen to be seen by all, so you're not gonna pull no wool over anybody's eyes like that. Lord. lol

ANYWAYS, yes, I only have BF3 to compare to, but I think that BF4 is the bees knees. Really enjoying the maps, apart from maybe 64 player Locker.

RobbieNick

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what the hell is going on with this fucking game not saving on the PS4?! I've had to restart the single player campaign TWICE and I still start back at the beginning. It's not saving my multiplayer leveling either. What the hell?

Thats a mighty twisted and bullshit recollection there bud. Might work in some places, but here on the internet, the words are pasted right there on the screen to be seen by all, so you're not gonna pull no wool over anybody's eyes like that. Lord. lol

ANYWAYS, yes, I only have BF3 to compare to, but I think that BF4 is the bees knees. Really enjoying the maps, apart from maybe 64 player Locker.

Interesting. You would rather choose to believe your own distortion of the truth.. In other words, you'd rather believe in your world of lies rather than the truth.

I'm sorry that I'm telling the truth and for you that the truth hurts like a bitch.

I didn't realize we could do this. here's two I made just now

fmek.png

Stainless

Most of the time I really don't wanna bother looking through or editing footage of stuff I recorded, because I'd rather be playing something, but I did manage to make another video this week of a few highlights of my time in BF4 (PC). Again no experience with making pro-vids or anything, just having some fun with ShadowPlay, etc.

(My favorite part, though? At :36, YossarianC22 in chat saying "I think I bought expired cookies". For some reason that cracked me up.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9FT_DyBoKw

Still not planning on buying premium until they fix the sound loop crash - I'm hoping this week they will finally get it fixed.

Grief.exe

Hi,

I'm stopping by the Battlefield 4 GAF thread to ask:

Is this game still fucked on the PC?

It is fucked on every platform, but yes.

It still needs some work, but its gotten a lot better. I wouldn't call it 'fucked' anymore, at least. Quite playable.

It is still crashing daily for a lot of people in this thread, there are multiple balance-breaking glitches, and the net-code is still far from ideal.

ZServ

It is fucked on every platform, but yes.

It is still crashing daily for a lot of people in this thread, there are multiple balance-breaking glitches, and the net-code is still far from ideal.

I think it's worth noting that the level of fuckery seems to vary not only person to person, but platform to platform. The biggest issue I've had on PS4 since they patched Conquest is severe framerate drop for no apparent reason. One crash in about a week and ~8 hours of gametime. But, I'm sure there are those crashing nonstop on PS4 as well.

But yeah, this netcode is atrociously bad. The only consolation I've found thus far is that Battlelog on PC shows ping, so if you join a server from your PC you can try and mitigate the damage.

Grief.exe

But yeah, this netcode is atrociously bad. The only consolation I've found thus far is that Battlelog on PC shows ping, so if you join a server from your PC you can try and mitigate the damage.

You are correct. Turn your network interpolation down and play on <35 ping servers and you will have a significantly better experience.

Grief.exe

When will the China Rising DLC be available to premium members? I'm on PS4.

December 3rd all platforms, and Premium Members have two weeks exclusivity.

Note: If you pre-ordered the game and received China Rising, you were gifted a 'Premium Copy.' Theoretically, you should have access on Dec 3rd as well.

December 3rd all platforms, and Premium Members have two weeks exclusivity.

Note: If you pre-ordered the game and received China Rising, you were gifted a 'Premium Copy.' Theoretically, you should have access on Dec 3rd as well.

Also, it could be possible to buy a "premium copy" used or check with retailers to see if they have existing stock left over from the initial shipment.

Miggytronz

Battlefield developer DICE apparently posted on a Facebook discussion that there are no plans to add squads at main menu. In the discussion a fan asks when it will be added. DICE then replies they felt it detracts from the game and have no plans to add it because of the new auto - squad feature they added. Basically when you join a game it auto squads you when you join that team.

On PS4 this doesnt work or am i oblivious to it.

r7ZyiDS.png

wrongway

Hi,

I'm stopping by the Battlefield 4 GAF thread to ask:

Is this game still fucked on the PC?

It's been perfectly stable since the patch a couple weeks ago, but your milage may vary. Other people are still having crashes. There are also still some frustrating in-game problems that affect everyone, like sound cutting out on certain maps, and the one-hit-kill bug.

Also, to quickly chime in on the tank vs engineers vs C4 thing, I think it's in a pretty good place as it is. The RPG and SRAW can two-shot MBTs from behind, or three-shot them from the side. The SMAW does nearly the same damage, and will put a tank in 'burn range' in the same number of hits, giving the crew a few seconds to bail before it explodes. The LAW and Javelin trade max damage for guidance and the ability to ignore armor facing since they always do top-attacks. All rockets can also of course be fired from range and from cover, whereas C4 requires you to leave cover in most circumstances, exposing yourself to the tank driver, tank gunner, and any other vehicles and infantry in the area.

That said, I continue to be weirded out by the LAVs having thicker rear armor. Their chaingun arguably makes them more dangerous to infantry than an MBT, so why does it take a third RPG/SRAW/SMAW to kill them from behind? o_O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, when is the Chromatic Abberation bug going to be fixed? Fucking annoying you have to turn off Commanders just to enjoy the game. :/

TheZink

Hey Guys, Any word on the Xbox One version multiplayer? Is it running better? I just picked it up but dont want to open it if its a mess still.

Thanks

Leveling in this game is so slow. It has to be at least twice as slow at BF3. Bullshit microtransaction future.

Battlefield developer DICE apparently posted on a Facebook discussion that there are no plans to add squads at main menu. In the discussion a fan asks when it will be added. DICE then replies they felt it detracts from the game and have no plans to add it because of the new auto - squad feature they added. Basically when you join a game it auto squads you when you join that team.

On PS4 this doesnt work or am i oblivious to it.

http://i.imgur.com/r7ZyiDS.png

if the person you're joining has the option set to squad up when a friend joins on them, when you join, you will either be in their squad or the game will automatically make a new squad with you and them in it, assuming there is space on that side. or it will happen at the start of the next game, again, assuming that there is space.

in BC2 people complained about how the party system stacked teams since a full squad joining meant one side would be +4 people and then in BF3, the squad was auto-balanced on join and people complained that it sucked because they wanted to play with friends, not against them.

this is their latest approach to solving the question of just how you handle the balance of merging people who play together with people who don't...

I think I might be spending too much time in the emblem creator. Originally my emblem was:

NGU2wgp.png

But then I saw way too many doges so now my emblem is:

vMw0sYf.png

And I spend my lunches trying to figure out what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom