• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nothing but hatred for the beginning sniper rifles. Maybe it's because of too much COD but godamn these guns are HORRIBLE. Is it by design to be patient with the class because godamn it's being tested.

Being a sniper in Bad Company was so much fun and now the ghillie suits are gone and it just makes me so stubborn.

The starting rifles are fine on stationaries. I dunno if I'm just bad at bullet traveling this outing (since I never sniped in 3) or what but the starting rifles are fine.

Same for the DMR's. Starting rifles are fine, you just have to get a "feel" for them. It isn't like Call of Duty where you can quick scope 360-no-scope it.

But I agree with the BC2 feeling in sniping not being there. Hate that stupid shitty scope sway.

Gaz_RB

I have a really dumb question to ask, why don't you hear anyone chatting on the PS4 version? I can't be the only one wanting to chat with my team?

For some reason it seems that people on PSN talk way less than on XBL. That's been my experience anyway.

And if I do hear anyone's mic it's because they have the tv too loud...(so annoying. Do you not see your mic indicator? Mute your damn mic or turn down the tv or route audio to your headset!!)

Gusto

For some reason it seems that people on PSN talk way less than on XBL. That's been my experience anyway.

And if I do hear anyone's mic it's because they have the tv too loud...(so annoying. Do you not see your mic indicator? Mute your damn mic or turn down the tv or route audio to your headset!!)

I've tried that and before matches where you can see everyone's mic and they're not flashing showing me that there's audio, mines the only one doing that. Do you think it's because my son isn't a PS+ subscriber? We're playing online.

Nothing but hatred for the beginning sniper rifles. Maybe it's because of too much COD but godamn these guns are HORRIBLE. Is it by design to be patient with the class because godamn it's being tested.

Being a sniper in Bad Company was so much fun and now the ghillie suits are gone and it just makes me so stubborn.

The first sniper rifle is actually pretty solid, but the scope sway can get really frustrating imo. That's why I only use 4x scopes (or lower). With them you have no scope sway and enemies have a harder time to spot you because there is no scope glint with <4x scopes. The straight pull bolt is also a must-have attachement, so you don't have to reload manually after each shot.

Gaz_RB

I've tried that and before matches where you can see everyone's mic and they're not flashing showing me that there's audio, mines the only one doing that. Do you think it's because my son isn't a PS+ subscriber? We're playing online.

Wait don't you have to be a PS+ subscriber to play online?

Gusto

Wait don't you have to be a PS+ subscriber to play online?

Lol I have PS+ but, my son doesn't and he's playing online. We just can't hear anyone talking. I'm hoping it's like Xbox where as long as one person has Live, everyone benefits from it.

scogoth

The starting rifles are fine on stationaries. I dunno if I'm just bad at bullet traveling this outing (since I never sniped in 3) or what but the starting rifles are fine.

Same for the DMR's. Starting rifles are fine, you just have to get a "feel" for them. It isn't like Call of Duty where you can quick scope 360-no-scope it.

But I agree with the BC2 feeling in sniping not being there. Hate that stupid shitty scope sway.

I'm going to revive you so hard next time. 100hp revive in the middle of operation locker spam.

Gaz_RB

Lol I have PS+ but, my son doesn't and he's playing online. We just can't hear anyone talking. I'm hoping it's like Xbox where as long as one person has Live, everyone benefits from it.

Only one account has to be a rental service sub to let other accounts play online on the PS4.

That's awesome, I didn't know that. But no I don't think that's what's causing your problem. I've heard maybe 2 people talk in the 34 hours I've logged on PS4. I talk all the time, mostly to myself haha. Maybe people just don't like the headset?

TheSeks

I'm going to revive you so hard next time. 100hp revive in the middle of operation locker spam.

Hey, 100HP would be better than the quick revives people are doing at 20HP. Maybe I'd be able to actually take a bullet on reviving, get up and then die instead of revive haze and then die!

All I'm saying is: If you're playing for the POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you're playing the game wrong.

As for voice chat on Playstation: It didn't happen on PS3 because there was no headset included. And I don't think most people like to voice-chat. I don't blame them. Voice consciousness/bashfulness or whatever can get in the way of relaying information. That and open-mic annoys the hell out of people. Might as well leave it off so people don't hear background noise/breathing/etc. from you.

----

And just tested the zeroing ability on sniper rifles in the testing range. Starting two sniper rifles have zeroing throwing bullets at 1000. I thought longer ranges was supposed to prevent that sort of thing?

It seems anything past 200 on the starting default up to like 400 is kinda okay for 90 meters. 500 then 1000 throws the bullet up wildly from the center mass OR head shot you had set up.

The second unlocked sniper rifle throws bullets at 90 meters up from zeroing past 200: So, 300, 400, 500, and 1000 ranges.

----

(PC PEOPLE ONLY, though I guess double-dippers from consoles like Faceless apply?) https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/-ANW.html?11252013 <----Black Friday poll Origin is doing: If you're wanting Bad Company 2 to go on sale for $1 vote for that. That's also the Sims and FIFA IIRC. But who cares about that?

(In before "they should be charging non-working BF4 for $1 rabble rabble rabble" yes, yes, peanut gallery we know. I'm shooting you down before you make those posts to save you time)

scogoth

In Magnum Ammo and the bullshit knife vortex? Sure.

In something else, not following.

Yeah that. Just the general imbalance of it. Its the only game I've played that every class is so imbalanced and overpowered it somehow ends up being balanced.

Still special tactics* beat everything else in that game.

Smoke grenade with knife. Could easily get MVP every round with it.

Keen to hear more impressions of PS4 BF4 Multiplayer. Considering picking it up.

I did hear that the PS4 FPS really drops on the conquest 64 maps, is that what others have experienced?

Cheers

1337Sauce

Does anybody know how safe it is to start playing the campaign yet? I want to start it off on hard, but don't want to get my save wiped half way through.

Also meant to say on PS4 by the way, not too sure if the other versions are the same.

Steel

Banned
Does anybody know how safe it is to start playing the campaign yet? I want to start it off on hard, but don't want to get my save wiped half way through.

There are still crashes to OS, which is what causes the file corruption. I haven't tried to play the single player again, but I'm not sure it's safe.

scogoth

My single player crashes to desktop every time I die bit I still but I haven't had a save corruption yet. It just gets real annoying have to restart the same level over and over.

I fucking love this game. The crashes don't even bother me anymore, multiplayer is just too good. Running around with my anti-tank Recon build on Conquest Large is so fun. /PS4version

Mayyhem

Played for about 3 hours straight on Xbox One earlier tonight. Absolutely amazing, so much fun. Had zero issues with stability tonight. When this game works (like it did perfectly for me tonight) its one of my favorite online shooters I've ever played.

my ONLY gripe (a pretty major one at that) is that is SUCKS thats its SO hard to play with friends properly (on Xbox One at least). Why is there no lobby system to matchmake together? Why can't I invite to a party in the game and search for a match with friends to be put on the SAME TEAM? Why cant I simply "send an invite" to a friend if I'm in a game and have him accept it with ease and join my team?

Like this shit was being done on the OG xbox with Halo 2 on XBL when XBL first fucking came out, come on guys. Unacceptable for "Next gen"

but yeah, great game otherwise, lol

Seanspeed

Banned
Points for healing shouldn't factor into your role as a medic equation.

People reviving/healing for points pisses me off. What about helping your team?

DERP I JUST WANT THE 200 POINTS FOR REVIVING YOU AND THEN YOU DIE BECAUSE YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN AND I DIE FOR REVIVING YOU WHILE YOU'RE OUT IN THE OPEN BUT WHO CARES POINTTTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

SMH. >:|
People can do both. In a game where levelling up can take some time, its nice to be rewarded for good deeds. Reviving people involves risking your ass more now and people are going to be reluctant to take that risk when its not rewarded much.

DICE is as much to blame for this because of the time it takes to gain levels and unlock stuff. In an ideal world, you wouldn't need points for anything and everybody would just do exactly what they should, but the points system changes that. I'm sure there's a TON of people, even on here, that might sometimes make choices that are points-focused.

scogoth

L85 is currently considered the best gun in the game for all-around play. The top gun before that? ACE 23.

AEK best gun all time

Best gun: SRR-61 Silenced, straight pull, 40x ballistic scope, tri laser and never use it to kill someone farther then 50m.

Dylx

I fucking love this game. The crashes don't even bother me anymore, multiplayer is just too good. Running around with my anti-tank Recon build on Conquest Large is so fun. /PS4version

F-That, I was playing a excellent round of conquest, I was doing everything, everything felt great....Crash. Blue screen of death. B-S.

Lucifon

Played for about 3 hours straight on Xbox One earlier tonight. Absolutely amazing, so much fun. Had zero issues with stability tonight. When this game works (like it did perfectly for me tonight) its one of my favorite online shooters I've ever played.

my ONLY gripe (a pretty major one at that) is that is SUCKS thats its SO hard to play with friends properly (on Xbox One at least). Why is there no lobby system to matchmake together? Why can't I invite to a party in the game and search for a match with friends to be put on the SAME TEAM? Why cant I simply "send an invite" to a friend if I'm in a game and have him accept it with ease and join my team?

Like this shit was being done on the OG xbox with Halo 2 on XBL when XBL first fucking came out, come on guys. Unacceptable for "Next gen"

but yeah, great game otherwise, lol

This. It doesn't help matters that there's clearly not enough servers for the number of players right now, getting into servers is a task in itself - "No commander slots" what? I'm not trying to join as a commander! "Game is full" even when showing 8 slots free.

fritolay

Note - Android app would not work on GN 7 until I upgraded to Android 4.4

This. It doesn't help matters that there's clearly not enough servers for the number of players right now, getting into servers is a task in itself - "No commander slots" what? I'm not trying to join as a commander! "Game is full" even when showing 8 slots free.

Try joining a game via a PC on battlelog, it is easier to find servers.

no angel

Im struggling to be any good at this game and think I may benefit from playing in a proper squad and not with randoms, any xbone players want to add me?gt urbanpanda (live in the uk).

vixlar

Maybe they should give half points for reviving. The other half if the target accepts AND after he lived enough to be revived again.

iso135

Anyone else wonder if they are now in a never ending bonus xp cycle?

I have 1-100%, 2-50%, and 4 or 5 - 25% xp bonuses. Between the regular xp I would get during that 7 or 8 hours and the bonus xp... I am sure I will have many more xp boosts gained.

Ljwinter

Banned
Keep us updates! I'm picking this up on friday. :)

I'm at work and I won't be able to download/test it out until later but hopefully the game becomes playable at least. If it fixes the crashing, one shot kill, lag, frame rate drops and that horrible blur I'll be happy.

But I'm sure it only fixes one or two of those issues.

TheSeks

If there are no enemies around you're not in the line of HEAVY fire are you? I'm talking about endless revives on choke-points in Metro for example.

And that's what I'm saying: People reviving for points are the type to revive you in open fire situations where you die as soon as you see the revive screen pop-up again.

AKA: POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz isn't helping the team.

Reviving safely and getting the tickets back, meanwhile: HELPING THE TEAM. Beneficial. More people should do that.

But they don't. Because apparently they want POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which are pointless (hurr hurr) to do it.

Fonz72

And that's what I'm saying: People reviving for points are the type to revive you in open fire situations where you die as soon as you see the revive screen pop-up again.

AKA: POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz isn't helping the team.

Reviving safely and getting the tickets back, meanwhile: HELPING THE TEAM. Beneficial. More people should do that.

But they don't. Because apparently they want POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which are pointless (hurr hurr) to do it.

Yo, if your not playing Battlefield for highscores and a great K/D your doing it wrong, Bro!

Really though, the lack of using class skills drives me insane. Repair, Heal, Revive, Resupply, Spot, Complete Objectives! It's really not all that hard, but I don't think the vast majority of players understand that is the correct way to play the game.

So many times, I'm surrounded by engineers as my vehicle stalls out and burns, FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

F-That, I was playing a excellent round of conquest, I was doing everything, everything felt great....Crash. Blue screen of death. B-S.

That would annoy me. I'm playing on PS4 though, where a crash just sends you to the home screen and you can jump right back in. I'm only getting about one crash every two hours or so now.

CDV13

I was playing earlier this morning...from about 4AM to 630AM EST and it ran pretty damn well. I only caught some lag during a match on Rogue Transmission and it was only for a few seconds. All 64 player conquest.

I do not think this was with the update either...so I must have been lucky.

Way too fun though, I can't get enough of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom