• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I kept saying wtf why are you sitting at the same point... Then at about 4 minutes in i noticed it was rush.

Less Rush and more "defense sitting on the motorbike so they have to hoof it instead of having one."

If you take the enemy vehicles, they can't respawn it. Plus dicking around and trying to get the CUAV to respawn with that 90second respawn/refill timer (something I STILL can't get it to do, grenades don't even respawn with it selected. WTF, DICE?) while waiting/sitting around B in case someone made it there to arm.

hi bfgaf i've been trying to play battlefield and I thought my current setup would be good enough but this game is running like crap on my pc. the frames drop on random levels or it just crashes (but i know thats just part of the game at this point, lol) heres my setup

i7 3770k
hd7970 3gb
16gbs of ram
windows 7

technically shouldn't i be able to run this game at 60fps?

should I just wait for mantle?

can anyone give me a good custom setup on the graphics that won't make the game look so terrible and be able to run good? or at least where to start with this game

with an i5-3570 K, 8gbs of ram and a Radeon X HD 7970 3 GB with everything running on ultra and 2x MSAA, I manage to get around 70-80FPS overall. So you should be good!

AmyS

After the core of BF4 gets fixed, as much as can be fixed, I'd absolutely love it if DICE made something like the BF3 Armored Kill DLC expansion with its Tank Superiority game mode a massive map like Bandar Desert, but for BF4.

It would have to be part of either the 4th or the 5th BF4 DLC expansions: "Dragon's Teeth" or "Final Stand" which are to follow Naval Strike.

The last two should be pushed to late 2014 or early 2015, instead of summer 2014.

2012 BF3 Armored Kill gameplay premiere trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6j5lXHNi8w

2012 BF3 Armored Kill launch trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJdE88OX-0

ISOM

yeah everything is updated to the latest, I just don't understand why i get massive drops we're talking from 60 down to like 25 and stuttering as well

i have my video settings to this

http://imgur.com/HTb4lO7

Check in your task manager if during your playing, something else is not eating up your cpu usage. This happened to me the other day I was constantly lagging due to bloat on my computer.

Kobra, Coyote, T-bar or Red-dot, don't matter: Scope completely vanishes in that snowstorm. I partially blame it on the Bloom that blizzard brings and partially on DICE since IIRC scopes also had issues in BC2 like that.

I'll take my iron sight just fine, thank you.

Wow can't believe my campaign data was deleted even though I haven't had a crash and did the update yesterday. Luckily I got the save on my USB so I win this time dice. You won't stop me for the 5th time muawahahahahahaha.

Alpende

SOFLAM, Tank locking on, etc

snipers used to have this radar dart in BC2 that was pretty cool. Makes the Sniper Binocular implementation look embarrassing.

I miss that dart. Felt so good to hit a chopper and just see all those rockets flying at it. Hitting snipers with it was funny too.

TheContact

I finally upgraded to an msi gtx 760 from my old evga gtx 460. The difference is pretty big. Eventually I will get another and SLI. The card _just_ fit in my case. It is way bigger than the 460 lol.

TheSeks

Minty is master jet whore. He and butterstick are the most overpowered jet pilots I have ever seen.

I dunno. I'm slightly more impressed by Splinters flying than Mints.

Speaking of Mint:

CUAV bug I was talking about last night finally uploaded on my shitty upload speed.

Had that happen twice over the 2-3 hours I played last night.

Operation Locker Attack Round we had. Missing the first few minutes since the loadtimes suck.

The only Ironsight I like is the T88 LMG. With most of them, they obscure too much of your screen, that is why the Kobra/Coyote are considered the best sights.

lolwut.jpg

The Type-88's ironsights are pretty bad because of how small they are. The only two off-hand that I'd say outright SUCK (and therefore I use a scope despite my resistance to those) is the FAMAS (still bad from BF3) and A-91 (which I think is a little better than BF3's but still bad).

ibmOfJyQFVtwU.png

They really need an option to turn off or reduce the overlay icons. It was terrible in BF3 and it's terrible now.

Do I really need to know where stuff is 1000m away?

Azulsky

I find myself going back to irons after a while. Canted irons at least still gives you a way to have a medium range sight for surveying from distance

Asskicker

Yeah, Nvidia Inspector gives you a lot more control. Not sure how you'd go for forcing AA though. Engines are goofy and usually people have to find compatibility "bits" to enter for AA so their forced AA works. Like enabling SGSSAA on Mass Effect requires entering the right "bits" first, else it doesn't really work properly. I don't know if Battlefield 4 has driver level AA "bits", but I don't recall if Battlefield 3 had any either. Frostbite might not be very friendly with driver level poly anti-aliasing, so you're stuck with in-game.

I tend to use Inspector to force high quality 16x anisotropic texturing filtering in all games though. Sometimes the difference is noticeable, other times less so, but I've found that driver level anisotropic filtering is always better than in-engine stuff.

That and transparency anti-aliasing, which is filtering that exclusively effects transparency textures (not polys), so stuff like chain link fences and tree levels. 2D, flat assets with transparency levels. Transparency multisampling/supersampling renders those specific assets at higher resolution to clean them up. Frostbite's deferred MSAA doesn't seem to have much of an impact on foliage, often aliased, and the only in-engine solution is to increase resolution scaling, which supersamples fucking everything. Driver level transparency supersampling lets you just control transparency layers, cleaning those up while using your regular resolution and in-engine anti-aliasing for everything else.

Is that transparency supersampling possible on AMD cards? Those jaggies in BF4 are so terrible I just enable FXAA to blur them all away, but it doesn't do the game any good...

zma1013

Too bad in Locker those sights become USELESS in the snowstorm because the red-dot/etc. completely vanishes from the scope's view in ADS.

Whereas the Iron sights don't. *smug*

(Iron sights 4 lyfe)

So 1 level where maybe 30% of the fighting occurs justifies the use of iron sights forever. Ok.

TheSeks

So 1 level where maybe 30% of the fighting occurs justifies the use of iron sights forever. Ok.

You obviously haven't played Locker Oblieration with Splinter and others where they go out among the snow to try to deliver the bomb.

And I play Ironsights forever anyway.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Maybe it's just me, but the ironsights in BF4 feel like they take up a lot more of the screen in BF4 than in BF3. I used to roll with the AEK with irons in BF3 but it feels weird now. I hate the sights that the SCAR and other certain guns use, too (I have no idea what they're called).

I usually use a red dot until I lock the holo and/or a magnifier. ACOG with canted irons is handy, too.

TheSeks

Honestly, the major problem with the iron sights this outing is the blur/zoom. It's not as bad as Payday 2's (I really should take screenshots of this to show what I'm talking about) but it's pretty bad.

The "taking up more of the screen" isn't an issue for me. It's the blur/zoom that gets in the way that's a little trouble-some, but I've kinda adjusted to it.

Grief.exe

lolwut.jpg

The Type-88's ironsights are pretty bad because of how small they are.

I still stand by the statement that your opinions are literally the opposite of everyone else lol.

They really need an option to turn off or reduce the overlay icons. It was terrible in BF3 and it's terrible now.

Do I really need to know where stuff is 1000m away?

Huge problem in the game, Dice will never get to it though and they cannot be adjusted via ini file.

zma1013

My favorite is on obliteration when you're trying to kill the guy who has the bomb but he's completely covered by the bomb icon so it's difficult to tell exactly where his chest and head are to it's harder to pull off kill shots or to even tell if he's looking at you or running away. Icons should probably fade away within a certain radius around your aim point. At least give us the option.

Grief.exe

I'm actually taking a break from BF4 because the state of the game is just too terrible right now. Its not just the bugs and net code, but the direction they took the game in.
Makes it much harder to outplay people due to the reduced learning curve, lower TTK, reduced recoil, and slower play (ie reviving, medpacks, switching weapons, etc).

Playing DayZ and some CSGO to keep my aim on point. Its always funny when I come back from TF2 or CS to a Battlefield game and just see how slow/bad people actually are. Crazy how much lower the skill ceiling is.

My favorite is on obliteration when you're trying to kill the guy who has the bomb but he's completely covered by the bomb icon so it's difficult to tell exactly where his chest and head are to it's harder to pull off kill shots or to even tell if he's looking at you or running away. Icons should probably fade away within a certain radius around your aim point. At least give us the option.

[Rage Intensifies]

vixlar

Or make the bomb icon as the squad leader icon. A little mark at the side of the spot mark.

TheSeks

I still stand by the statement that your opinions are literally the opposite of everyone else lol.

Am I really gonna have to go to into the testing range and screenshot.render ever iron-sight to show you what I mean?

Grief.exe

Am I really gonna have to go to into the testing range and screenshot.render ever iron-sight to show you what I mean?

I understand your meaning. The reason I like the T-88 is because it is so small, you can see your surroundings and track your target much easier.

How big do you want the sight? The bullet you are placing on the person is very tiny comparable to the body.

Zeppelin

Maybe it's just me, but the ironsights in BF4 feel like they take up a lot more of the screen in BF4 than in BF3. I used to roll with the AEK with irons in BF3 but it feels weird now. I hate the sights that the SCAR and other certain guns use, too (I have no idea what they're called).

I usually use a red dot until I lock the holo and/or a magnifier. ACOG with canted irons is handy, too.

Agreed. I find them downright impossible to use in this game.

Milennia

Hi all. Is the Ace23 assignment unlock bugged?

I've competed the requirements, haven't got the badge yet. Cheers.

Haven't hear anything about that, sorry.
Most seem to be unlocking it just fine as of this week.

Not sure if the patch may have bugged it.
Does it say you have completed everything on the assignment requirement ?

dkeane

Anyone finding using mines as an engineer useless (PS4 player)?
I used to love them in BFBC2.
I drop them in front of a tank and they drive right over them.

zma1013

Uhhh, is this the most ridiculous feat of all time in the game so far?

I dunno, that's pretty good but there are others perhaps more ridiculous. The most recent one I can think of was where they C4 a boat into the air, it goes flying over the top of the Hanan Resort hotel, while it's in mid air, a guy shoots a passing jet with an rpg. Air boat to Air missile. There's also another where a guy shoots some sort of guided rocket and it glitches and spins in the air in a circle over and over again, and a random, unrelated jet flies right into the circle and gets blown up.

Anyone finding using mines as an engineer useless (PS4 player)?
I used to love them in BFBC2.
I drop them in front of a tank and they drive right over them.

Mines work fine for me but they are easy to spot with thermal on. Use the slams instead. They are superior. They are smaller, harder to see, sometimes won't even show up on thermal because they sometimes fall under the geometry and they stick to things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom