• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I prefer the Ace 23 over the L85A2. The reload time is abysmal for the L85A2. Latency kills me anyways so the RPM difference is not much of a factor. I'll unlock everything first before switching back though.

Timu

I swear this game is getting worse for me with each patch, I remember not complaining about the performance at one point, now I am with flickering!!!

Milennia

I think I prefer the Ace 23 over the L85A2. The reload time is abysmal for the L85A2. Latency kills me anyways so the RPM difference is not much of a factor. I'll unlock everything first before switching back though.

I like how the reload time on the l85 looks, so i put up with it :p

Dat pull on a full reload.

Zeppelin

I don't think its fair at all. A scout chopper now is even more deadly than a dedicated attack helicopter. Have the pilot be a support with lvl 4 Support perk, the engineers with whatever rocket launcher they feel best at using and this helicopter will completely ruin the opposition. Its nimbler, faster, smaller and harder to hit and it can be repaired in the air.

This is more a problem with the attack helicopter being underpowered than with the scout heli being overpowered in my opinion.

I just use an m249 so I never have to reload or use a pistol. :)

m249-short-saw.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, I cant believe I forgot to enable supersampled transparencies in Nvidia Inspector. Does wonders for cleaning up the foliage.

I don't think its fair at all. A scout chopper now is even more deadly than a dedicated attack helicopter. Have the pilot be a support with lvl 4 Support perk, the engineers with whatever rocket launcher they feel best at using and this helicopter will completely ruin the opposition. Its nimbler, faster, smaller and harder to hit and it can be repaired in the air.

A dedicated squad in a scout helicopter can wreak some havoc, true. But so can a dedicated squad of anti-heli engineers, and a helicopter without someone repairing it constantly is quickly destroyed. This is the same pilot vs. infantry argument that is had in every Battlefield. When I'm a pilot, I think the recharge speed of the countermeasures is too slow. I want Below Radar. I want some type of offensive weapon on the troop helicopter. When I'm infantry, my Stinger should at least kill the guy in the open side who is repairing. Small arms fire should do a little more damage, too.

If anything, I think it's the attack boats that are overpowered.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn DICE, just when I thought you couldn't disappoint me any more, when I thought it was already rock-bottom, you managed to break new ground and go even lower.

Fourth patch, the game was actually fine for the most part yesterday, aside from two loading loops and two random freezes - business as usual. Froze again today too.

But what really amazed me is how Dragon Pass (on Conquest at the very least, haven't tried it in any other mode) is straight up buggy as hell for me. The four or so total times I have played it, it always starts with no sound for the first minute or so. But more annoying is that teammates and even enemies are either only floating guns or completely invisible with no weapons or sound whatsoever. It doesn't affect everyone, there are people that I can see just fine, but maybe a third or so I can only see their triangle and name above them.

The best glitch on Dragon Pass for me? Yesterday I didn't know how I did it, but today I was on a dirtbike, I splattered an enemy by chance and went into the water, deep enough to automatically get off the bike, and then all of a sudden I had nothing in my hands, my equipment selection HUD was blank, my ammo count was 0 / 0, and I was throwing bubbles out of my hands.

Friends were saying that I looked normal on their screen, but I couldn't tell if I was shooting enemies or hitting them, or even hear it. Best part is that both times I was stuck like this for the entire match, even if I died or went into a vehicle, or switched classes. Speaking of switching classes, when this glitch is active, I can't see any weapon, equipment or character icons, models and so on in the character setup screen. It's all just text and white boxes, even on the left hand side where you see the gun choice, attachment choice, grenade choice, knife choice, etc.

When the match ends, I have to dashboard, or else I'll be stuck in the loading loop.

So basically I don't think I can ever play Dragon Pass now. DICE, I don't think I have ever, or will ever, play such a buggy game like this ever again. Add that to your list of awards and accolades. Unbelievable. I keep playing whenever an update comes because the game is actually great when it actually works, but damn this game has a TON of flaws that still exist after four updates.

Computron

Man, I cant believe I forgot to enable supersampled transparencies in Nvidia Inspector. Does wonders for cleaning up the foliage.

Does the Inspector differ from the nVidia control panel that I can access by right clicking my desktop? I have not used it before. I am not able to force anything for BF4 through the control panel, so would inspector have more granular control over the AA method or injection or whatever which would make it work??

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does the Inspector differ from the nVidia control panel that I can access by right clicking my desktop? I have not used it before. I am not able to force anything for BF4 through the control panel, so would inspector have more granular control over the AA method or injection or whatever which would make it work??

Yeah, Nvidia Inspector gives you a lot more control. Not sure how you'd go for forcing AA though. Engines are goofy and usually people have to find compatibility "bits" to enter for AA so their forced AA works. Like enabling SGSSAA on Mass Effect requires entering the right "bits" first, else it doesn't really work properly. I don't know if Battlefield 4 has driver level AA "bits", but I don't recall if Battlefield 3 had any either. Frostbite might not be very friendly with driver level poly anti-aliasing, so you're stuck with in-game.

I tend to use Inspector to force high quality 16x anisotropic texturing filtering in all games though. Sometimes the difference is noticeable, other times less so, but I've found that driver level anisotropic filtering is always better than in-engine stuff.

That and transparency anti-aliasing, which is filtering that exclusively effects transparency textures (not polys), so stuff like chain link fences and tree levels. 2D, flat assets with transparency levels. Transparency multisampling/supersampling renders those specific assets at higher resolution to clean them up. Frostbite's deferred MSAA doesn't seem to have much of an impact on foliage, often aliased, and the only in-engine solution is to increase resolution scaling, which supersamples fucking everything. Driver level transparency supersampling lets you just control transparency layers, cleaning those up while using your regular resolution and in-engine anti-aliasing for everything else.

Grief.exe

Inspector offers much greater control.

Computron

Yeah, Nvidia Inspector gives you a lot more control. Not sure how you'd go for forcing AA though. Engines are goofy and usually people have to find compatibility "bits" to enter for AA so their forced AA works. Like enabling SGSSAA on Mass Effect requires entering the right "bits" first, else it doesn't really work properly. I don't know if Battlefield 4 has driver level AA "bits", but I don't recall if Battlefield 3 had any either. Frostbite might not be very friendly with driver level poly anti-aliasing, so you're stuck with in-game.

I tend to use Inspector to force high quality 16x anisotropic texturing filtering in all games though. Sometimes the difference is noticeable, other times less so, but I've found that driver level anisotropic filtering is always better than in-engine stuff.

That and transparency anti-aliasing, which is filtering that exclusively effects transparency textures (not polys), so stuff like chain link fences and tree levels. 2D, flat assets with transparency levels. Transparency multisampling/supersampling renders those specific assets at higher resolution to clean them up. Frostbite's deferred MSAA doesn't seem to have much of an impact on foliage, often aliased, and the only in-engine solution is to increase resolution scaling, which supersamples fucking everything. Driver level transparency supersampling lets you just control transparency layers, cleaning those up while using your regular resolution and in-engine anti-aliasing for everything else.

Yea, I was aware of the differences. I just downloaded inspector and tried forcing Transparency AA for BF4 with several different supersampling methods as well as also trying alpha-to-coverage and none of it seems to make any difference.

I am otherwise maxing out BF4 (with the exception of the icky post-AA nonsense) but I can't stand all the foliage aliasing.
I love playing Zavod and that map would benefit so much.

What method are you using and can you post some screens of the AA working?

iso135

Coyote RDS fan here.

Also, without looking too far back into the thread, has anyone else been consistently getting the revive accept/decline bar stuck on their screen until death? Very annoying as it sits right in the middle...

No crashes for a few days though. Game feels like it is really coming together for me.

Grief.exe

Coyote RDS fan here.

Also, without looking too far back into the thread, has anyone else been consistently getting the revive accept/decline bar stuck on their screen until death? Very annoying as it sits right in the middle...

No crashes for a few days though. Game feels like it is really coming together for me.

Yep we have been getting that.

Just don't press space bar as quickly and it shouldn't happen. Of course, our muscle memory has been programmed to accept as soon as possible.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Coyote RDS fan here.

Yep we have been getting that.

Just don't press space bar as quickly and it shouldn't happen
. Of course, our muscle memory has been programmed to accept as soon as possible.
According to the patch notes, thats the by product of fixing the 'getting stuck in the revive screen' bug. Its going to be fixed in the next patch.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
According to the patch notes, thats the by product of fixing the 'getting stuck in the revive screen' bug. Its going to be fixed in the next patch.

and that fix will be it won't show up at all

and that will be fixed in the next next patch.

I have the milestone schedule in hand right here.

Milennia

I really tried to give the p90 a chance.

Yet 90% of my engagements were mid range.

Also, since the patch i have gotten 0 client crashes and 1 server crash on.. Guess where.... Fucking locker.

EatChildren

What method are you using and can you post some screens of the AA working?

Not really using any special method. Just loaded up the Battlefield 4 profile and tried out 4x and 8x Supersampling under "Transparency Supersampling". I'm heading out, but I'll get you some shots when I get home.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Coyote/Kobra are really the only choices.

Too bad in Locker those sights become USELESS in the snowstorm because the red-dot/etc. completely vanishes from the scope's view in ADS.

Whereas the Iron sights don't. *smug*

(Iron sights 4 lyfe)

How come sometimes the MBT-LAW locks on and other times it does not?

It only locks if someone has a target lazed. Otherwise, it has a proximity lock--if you fire the rocket and it travels near a vehicle, it locks and is guided to it. If you fire it and its not close enough to the vehicle, it will just continue on its flight path.

So my game appears to be locked at 60fps even though as far as I can see Vsync is not enabled anywhere.

I have checked the in-game options, nVidia control panel and also made sure this new geforce experience stuff wasn't doing anything silly. I currently don't use inspector or anything like that so I don't know where else to look.

Anyone got any ideas? If wondering why I want to go over 60 it's because I get frequent frame drops so if I can keep those frame drops from dipping below 60 it might help my experience with the game.

TheSeks

Oh man... gonna have to upload that death to Youtube. Someone jetbailed over me and killed me while we were both "excuse me WTF are you doing!?" while I'm on a motorbike.

Milennia

Just died due to an immense amount of jittering and lag to the point where i was shooting at someone who didn't even know i was there.,, all direct point blank shots... No hit markers... I reload to try again bc wtf.. Dude turns around and kills me.

Was just trying the China Rising maps for the first time and had a new bug. Went to swim underwater in one of the rivers in Dragon Valley, then came back up yet all of the audio was still as if I was underwater. And every explosion had bubbles around it. Oh DICE.

Milennia

Was just trying the China Rising maps for the first time and had a new bug. Went to swim underwater in one of the rivers in Dragon Valley, then came back up yet all of the audio was still as if I was underwater. And every explosion had bubbles around it. Oh DICE.

I get this after being suppressed... The whole game turns into a saving private Ryan scene.

JJD

Too bad in Locker those sights become USELESS in the snowstorm because the red-dot/etc. completely vanishes from the scope's view in ADS.

Whereas the Iron sights don't. *smug*

(Iron sights 4 lyfe)

That's why I still prefer the Kobra over the Coyote. No matter how many nades, RPGs or explosions are happening around me I never lose sight of the red bars. Even on Locker snowstorm.

TheSeks

Kobra, Coyote, T-bar or Red-dot, don't matter: Scope completely vanishes in that snowstorm. I partially blame it on the Bloom that blizzard brings and partially on DICE since IIRC scopes also had issues in BC2 like that.

Milennia

Kobra, Coyote, T-bar or Red-dot, don't matter: Scope completely vanishes in that snowstorm. I partially blame it on the Bloom that blizzard brings and partially on DICE since IIRC scopes also had issues in BC2 like that.

Im playing on PS4, all i have to do is tap LT again and BOOM dat auto aim.

I feel dirty.

Also i rarely get contested whilst flanking the enemy team on locker via the outside route.

Just upgraded from 360 to PS4 at Gamestop(used the $50 trade coupon for XB1 version then exchanged for PS4) and WOW, the difference is night and day. Has anyone tested the campaign? Is the save glitch still there? This is all I found from battlelog forums:

-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer

Milennia

Just upgraded from 360 to PS4 at Gamestop(used the $50 trade coupon for XB1 version then exchanged for PS4) and WOW, the difference is night and day. Has anyone tested the campaign? Is the save glitch still there? This is all I found from battlelog forums:

-Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer

Its there.

Unless you want to upload your save after each break or have 4-5 hours to kill and steam roll it, theres a chance you will lose the save.

hi bfgaf i've been trying to play battlefield and I thought my current setup would be good enough but this game is running like crap on my pc. the frames drop on random levels or it just crashes (but i know thats just part of the game at this point, lol) heres my setup

i7 3770k
hd7970 3gb
16gbs of ram
windows 7

technically shouldn't i be able to run this game at 60fps?

should I just wait for mantle?

can anyone give me a good custom setup on the graphics that won't make the game look so terrible and be able to run good? or at least where to start with this game

ISOM

hi bfgaf i've been trying to play battlefield and I thought my current setup would be good enough but this game is running like crap on my pc. the frames drop on random levels or it just crashes (but i know thats just part of the game at this point, lol) heres my setup

i7 3770k
hd7970 3gb
16gbs of ram
windows 7

technically shouldn't i be able to run this game at 60fps?

should I just wait for mantle?

can anyone give me a good custom setup on the graphics that won't make the game look so terrible and be able to run good? or at least where to start with this game

I have the same setup except with a 7850 and 8gb of ram with windows 7 and it runs fine for the most part. Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your card?

TheSeks

I ain't even mad. I was dicking around with the CUAV for the assignment (still got like 10 or so kills to go) and this dude just jetbailed (either at 4mins and then snuck around or around 5 mins but not seen by me) and just killed me. I still crack up at it because it's so sudden and "WTF where the hell did you come from?"

(Also 320p on Low with no editing from Shadowplay, not too bad. The quality seems good for me but the large file sizes mean taking forever to upload these videos (took like 3 hours to upload this 20min match) to where I won't be using Shadowplay often enough if ever until I can upgrade (if ever) my upload speeds.

Milennia

I ain't even mad. I was dicking around with the CUAV for the assignment (still got like 10 or so kills to go) and this dude just jetbailed (either at 4mins and then snuck around or around 5 mins but not seen by me) and just killed me. I still crack up at it because it's so sudden and "WTF where the hell did you come from?"

(Also 320p on Low with no editing from Shadowplay, not too bad. The quality seems good for me but the large file sizes mean taking forever to upload these videos (took like 3 hours to upload this 20min match) to where I won't be using Shadowplay often enough if ever until I can upgrade (if ever) my upload speeds.

I kept saying wtf why are you sitting at the same point... Then at about 4 minutes in i noticed it was rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom