• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, kill exchanges definitely aren't fixed. I had two in my first match since the patch. Not to mention flickering which I never had before.

Here are temp fixes for SLI/Crossfire folk!

Some astute gamers found a quick fix:

SLI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmYyjPz7Xmw

Crossfire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdPJKqVErdE

Basically you use a different game's SLI/Crossfire profile. In my case Borderlands 2 worked, and I actually retained the textures (though there is nasty texture pop-in, but it's better than flickering). Apparently some people are only getting 0 textures (on terrain), but that is also better than flickering.

So it might cause no terrain textures (or pop in), but it's much better than the flickering. I hope this helps other people!

DarkFlow

Banned
I got the same feeling. That end was so bad.

I killed the chick in 2 seconds, she was horrible. And no one kills Omar

I killed Irish the first go around because fuck him for undermining me the whole game. I then ended up killing everyone so I could get all the unlocks.

Jezbollah

Patch seems to have stopped my PS4 crashing to dash. They're getting there.

Also, it's almost criminal how much fun trolling snipers is using the MAV. So good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I killed Irish the first go around because fuck him for undermining me the whole game.

The other dude was a lot better.
And hot

Shame his ending is the "bad end." I still don't get what point sacrificing Hannah is.

The other dude was a lot better.
And hot

Shame his ending is the "bad end." I still don't get what point sacrificing Hannah is.

I thought neither of them were the bad end? Don't they have exactly the same outcome?

Also, should we be spoilering this stuff?
Assuming anyone actually cares about how the campaign ends?

Grief.exe

Unlocked the ACE 53 SV DMR. I like it, though the iron sights are pretty atrocious for your peripheral vision. At 50 kills you unlock the Coyote, my favorite RDS.

TheSeks

I thought neither of them were the bad end? Don't they have exactly the same outcome?

Yes, but I'm talking the Pac ending. Choose to send neither down/don't do anything and the Carrier your stationed on with Pac blows up.

Same ending but slightly changed due to the bigger death count.

Unlocked the ACE 53 SV DMR. I like it, though the iron sights are pretty atrocious for your peripheral vision. At 50 kills you unlock the Coyote, my favorite RDS.

The coyote is the best RDS for any gun in the game. What makes me mad is how you can unlock it for most guns through kills...but with the m249 you need to get it randomly through a battlepack! Arg!

TheSeks

CUAV is still a dick weapon but that long reload REALLY helps hurt it. I haven't gotten it to respawn in rush matches sitting on resupply boxes for a good 90 seconds or what feels like 90 seconds, so... good of DICE to nerf it into the ground.

vixlar

I don't know how, but I got the 300 hundred meters headshot requirement for the Phantom achievement. I haven't played as sniper these days. Maybe was with all the headshots I've been getting with the AK-12 with a 3.4x scope. It feels so good.

antonz

I don't know how, but I got the 300 hundred meters headshot requirement for the Phantom achievement. I haven't played as sniper these days. Maybe was with all the headshots I've been getting with the AK-12 with a 3.4x scope. It feels so good.

YeahI am pretty sure I somehow managed to get my 300 headshot with the M249. Looked at progress after match and saw it was done. Must have been a non kill headshot because never got any headshot kill notifications

Remmy2112

The coyote is the best RDS for any gun in the game. What makes me mad is how you can unlock it for most guns through kills...but with the m249 you need to get it randomly through a battlepack! Arg!

It is based on the country of origin for the unlock, though sometimes it is fudged. American/Western weapons get the bulky RDS, Russian/Eastern European-made weapons get the Kobra. The Coyote is supposed to be a Chinese red dot and Chinese weapons get it, but so do some others, like the ACE which is Israeli. There are exceptions, like the MTAR which is also Israeli but gets the American RDS as its first unlock.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I should have gotten a CR code from pre-ordering the game, right? I think it might have been on a receipt I tossed away. :-(

Is it included with Premium? I was gonna buy that eventually anyways.

TheSeks

You should check the store for your platform. If you have CR, you'll know by it automatically giving you it. If not, then no. Premium includes it anyway, so it's a completely redundant thing if you're going that route.

Is there any reason why there is no crosshair for the Hydra Rockets in the attack jets? Feels weird to try and hit enemies without knowing where it's gonna hit.

Asking again but what is up with folks who bought the Digital Deluxe edition?? I bought mines through the mexican origin store and it shows in battlelog that I have the digital deluxe edition but I can't download CR unless I buy it. Wth?

paskowitz

They were already nerfed in BF3 but the helicopters are completely fucking useless now. 1hKO from stingers, which now have even more range, below radar does not work, and counter measures are still unreliable. Not to mention there is no laser painter. Oh and I almost forgot counter measures take half a fucking century to recharge, by then just about everything has locked on to you. And that is just the short list.

/rant

TheSeks

Scout helo + engineers hanging on it repairing = GDLK, son.

Ataxia

They were already nerfed in BF3 but the helicopters are completely fucking useless now. 1hKO from stingers, which now have even more range, below radar does not work, and counter measures are still unreliable. Not to mention there is no laser painter. Oh and I almost forgot counter measures take half a fucking century to recharge, by then just about everything has locked on to you. And that is just the short list.

/rant
I'm so freakin' glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Below radar is so broken. I can be skimming the god damn ocean and still be locked onto.

AmyS

Starting today, Battlefield 4 China Rising will be available for purchase for everyone. Below you will find the release dates and release windows for all platforms and regions.

PC: Available now in the Battlelog Store
Xbox 360 and Xbox One (World-wide): 1:00AM PST – 5:00AM PST
9:00AM GMT – 1:00PM GMT, December 17.
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (North America): 2:00PM PST – 6:00PM PST
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (Europe): 2PM-6PM GMT, December 18.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/china-rising-release/

EDIT:

Downloading PS4 China Rising now, it's 3764 MB.

If you've already redeemed your code for free PS4 CR:

Goto the PlayStation Store > New > Add-Ons > New Add-Ons (all the way to the right) > BF4 China Rising > Choose a Version > Add-On Content > Download

They certainly make you jump through hoops to get it.

They still haven't nerfed the Scout Chopper+Engineers=Invincible Chopper of Doom balance issue. :(

I think it's a fair trade. You can't survive long without someone repairing you in the air; the 12 Engineers on the map will take you down immediately.

I'm so freakin' glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Below radar is so broken. I can be skimming the god damn ocean and still be locked onto.

Below Radar doesn't exist in BF4 (yet), I don't think.

Keasar

I think it's a fair trade. You can't survive long without someone repairing you in the air; the 12 Engineers on the map will take you down immediately.
I don't think its fair at all. A scout chopper now is even more deadly than a dedicated attack helicopter. Have the pilot be a support with lvl 4 Support perk, the engineers with whatever rocket launcher they feel best at using and this helicopter will completely ruin the opposition. Its nimbler, faster, smaller and harder to hit and it can be repaired in the air.

Also, am I the only one who really dislike that tank shells are are individually loaded instead of globally? So you can quickly switch between a HE shell and Staff shell and inflict a much more steady stream of damage to another vehicle? I feel that every other loadout with HMGs, LMGs, Cannister Shells etc. is worthless now.

JJD

I don't think its fair at all. A scout chopper now is even more deadly than a dedicated attack helicopter. Have the pilot be a support with lvl 4 Support perk, the engineers with whatever rocket launcher they feel best at using and this helicopter will completely ruin the opposition. Its nimbler, faster, smaller and harder to hit and it can be repaired in the air.

Also, am I the only one who really dislike that tank shells are are individually loaded instead of globally? So you can quickly switch between a HE shell and Staff shell and inflict a much more steady stream of damage to another vehicle? I feel that every other loadout with HMGs, LMGs, Cannister Shells etc. is worthless now.

As far as tank shells goes it really depends on the map.

The only time I feel that I need the staff shell is on that desert map on CR.

Most of the times I run with the heavy mg to take care of infantry and the HE shell for armor and choppers. I usually have no trouble dealing with tanks.

JJD

What's everyone's choice of Optic for Assault Rifles etc?

Previously I would just go Iron Sights but they take up so much of the screen in this game.

Kobra is my favorite but the RDS and Coyote are good as well. If you like high magnification it's always nice to have canted iron sights as well for close quarters.

Stainless

I've played about 6 to 8 hours after the latest patch with no sound loop crashes. I don't think I've even made it past an hour, previously. Tentatively I think the major issue for me is actually fixed. I may buy Premium this weekend if the game continues to be stable for me the rest of this week.

A couple weeks ago, I got 4 guys at once- 2 with a grenade and 2 with bullet spam. (it's at the beginning of the vid, not spectacular or anything, but for me it was quite rewarding at the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXJw7tPrO68

JackEtc

I'm playing on PS4, and have China Rising downloaded. Any reason why I still can't play Capture the Flag? It still says I'm missing a DLC required.

scogoth

hahahahaha finally got to play the latest patch. DICE you are too funny! I'm expecting next patch will change the kill cam to a rick roll then the server kicks you

Jinjo

Anyone else having issues getting their free china rising? Preordered the PSN version which is supposed to give me china rising for free, but nothing is showing up and in the store I still have to pay for it (nor can I choose a version). Checked both ps3 and ps4 stores and nothing. Can they do anything right first try? (EU store btw)

Timu

j4vbA0ptv7rpm.png

jgFaQaXCH1TIL.png

i7r4jHsHMoHps.png

ibmOfJyQFVtwU.png

il71REi5YV9qv.png

This game sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom