• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
yILe2Hp.png

Is that through the website or something? So there is no way to edit the loadout from inside the game except when you're in a server?

Milennia

Anyone finding using mines as an engineer useless (PS4 player)?
I used to love them in BFBC2.
I drop them in front of a tank and they drive right over them.

They are working fine for me, more specifically slams.

I feel more people spot and destroy mines now however in my experience,

vixlar

Oh, I was excited because Steam sales began, so I went to origin and a sale too... Yeeee... Wait a moment, BF4 is not on sale... Shame.

Jezbollah

Haven't hear anything about that, sorry.
Most seem to be unlocking it just fine as of this week.

Not sure if the patch may have bugged it.
Does it say you have completed everything on the assignment requirement ?

Yep. The last few medic badges seem to take forever, but the assignment has gone from the score screen.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I think I've settled on just playing the game in tiny doses now, and just leave after a match ends if it acts up even in the slightest to avoid get pissed off so much about the game. I told myself I was going to finally finish BioShock 2 + start Minerva's Den for the holidays anyways so that can get on BioShock Infinite and The Witcher 2.

I'm still in disbelief with how much work that has to be done at the core of the game alone, including the crap that got added with the fourth update like the janky deaths, dying before you're actually at zero health, and not being able to use weapons at all on some China Rising maps as well. Oh boy.

Bike + C4 = the ultimate tank destroyer

11453001355_746db90007_o.gif

11453187693_7dbc3a1567_o.gif

11453065554_bd5648f55d_o.gif

Since I skipped out on Battlefield 3, I had forgotten about this tactic - nicely done!

Uhhh, is this the most ridiculous feat of all time in the game so far?

Someone posted a GIF of this some days ago, but this is the first time I saw the video, thanks.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Man the PS4 version runs damn beautifully now. Barring some UI and occasionally delayed sound at the start of matches it's fantastic. So happy the game is really enjoyable now, like Battlefield should!

I understand your meaning. The reason I like the T-88 is because it is so small, you can see your surroundings and track your target much easier.

How big do you want the sight? The bullet you are placing on the person is very tiny comparable to the body.

AS VAL iron sights were god awesome. I miss that gun.

Jezbollah

Man the PS4 version runs damn beautifully now. Barring some UI and occasionally delayed sound at the start of matches it's fantastic. So happy the game is really enjoyable now, like Battlefield should!

Agreed.

Got my Ace 23 unlocked. Looks like it didn't pick up the last medical ribbon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Too bad my wife has gotten a little fat and therefore heavy and makes scope sways instead of being rock-solid as a prom date. >:|

Facism

some clan guys tried to pub stomp us with 3 MBTs and infinite repairing on shanghai. brought the building down so i could grab the attack boat and smashed them with TV missiles.

won with 430 tickets left despite being down 50 tickets at the time of the building coming down.

dominated.

also lol at "HANDGUN EXPERT (1 handgun kill)."

Rizific

This is pretty damn impressive, on a single overclocked GTX 780 Ti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UW3BI4Ixg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8C7IgKEjs

Think this is the first time I've really seen clear PC footage that looks considerably better than the PS4 version.

i should remind you that you are basing that judgement off of footage on youtube. i downloaded some direct capture footage of bf4 on ps4, and imo those who say ps4 approaches parity with pc with image quality being a mix of high/ultra are out of their minds. if that direct capture footage displayed an accurate representation of the quality on ps4, then ultra on PC is definitely noticeably better than ps4.

zma1013

So there's an amazing new revive bug where if you accept the revive within 3 seconds, the revive prompt stays on your screen permanently until your next life. The little mouse icon is almost dead center of the aiming reticule.

AMAZING.

Ran into it in less than 5 minutes of playing. GG.

HariKari

So there's an amazing new revive bug where if you accept the revive within 3 seconds, the revive prompt stays on your screen permanently until your next life. The little mouse icon is almost dead center of the aiming reticule.

AMAZING.

I'm convinced there is no QA. That, or they found it and figured it was better than the round breaking bug that it fixed. I don't understand why 4 is having so many of these ticky tack issues when 3 got the showstoppers fixed relatively quickly. Not a radically different game.

TheContact

This is pretty damn impressive, on a single overclocked GTX 780 Ti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UW3BI4Ixg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO8C7IgKEjs

Think this is the first time I've really seen clear PC footage that looks considerably better than the PS4 version.

single player is always going to look better than multi player

AMAZING.

This happens to me almost every time I get revived, one time it completely removed my HUD and I didn't even realize it, so I started mowing down my teammates thinking they were enemies because they had no marker on their heads. My team didn't like that =(

Orlandu84

So I tried to join a multiplayer game tonight, and I cannot. No matter the server, I cannot connect to any games. I have been away on a trip for the last four days, so I've missed any news about bugs. Did the China Rising update mess up my game? Any ideas?

EDIT: After I updated my NVIDIA drivers I was able to play. New problem: I have no unlocks! On battlelog I have my unlocks, but not in the game. I don't think this is my night to play :(

AmyS

i should remind you that you are basing that judgement off of footage on youtube. i downloaded some direct capture footage of bf4 on ps4, and imo those who say ps4 approaches parity with pc with image quality being a mix of high/ultra are out of their minds. if that direct capture footage displayed an accurate representation of the quality on ps4, then ultra on PC is definitely noticeably better than ps4.

I've had the PS4 version since launch, play it every day.

I understand I am watching high-end PC footage on YouTube.

Of course the PC version on ultra has much better image quality than the PS4 version. Not to mention the native resolution advantage (900p vs 1080p, and up)

I am just guessing but the PS4 version is probably more a mix of medium/high, not high/ultra.

PS4 simply cannot compete with highend 2012 / 2013 PC GPUs.

Timu

I don't know why this game is running so bad for me.
jvD0JmulEsGCR.png

It drops randomly often with not much going on(yes, you are seeing 1 FPS), note that I disabled SLI for the 670s(with i5-2500k and 8GB RAM) and is running it on medium(high and ultra are unplayable for me) at 1440p. I also have these problems as well that makes the unplayable for me in it's current state:

Bad performance
Sound bugs
Stuttering
Texture loading
Rubber banding
Crashing
Freezing
Disconnects
Flickering with SLI now
Lag

I swear these patches are making the game worse for me because it wasn't even this bad when I played the 1st weeks of it.

It's a shame because I love BF games, played nearly all of them. I'm trying to have fun with this game but these problems are making me play it less. Guess I'll wait until it's fixed to play it again. Oh and the texture loading example:

jbidZTeAnQtFyH.png

jbRrYCXUw8jrL.png

BTW this game sounds amazing on my new Dayton speakers.

Dr Prob

Banned
Good games earlier, citizens of GAF. The craziest stuff happens in Obliteration. Guess there have probably been times in other modes where I've been in a jeep vs jeep battle, but hauling ass around the map trying to stop the bomb carrier's jeep, like some deranged version of Mario Kart is a different story. So fun.

bjscott05

Does anyone adjust the network smoothing factor slider and does it really do anything? Just wondering if it is worth changing from the default 50. (Ps4 version)

MANGOD

Banned
Not played this in over a week on ps4 but my game data has been deleted!?! Has this happened because of a patch? FAAAAWWWWK

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Same here. Any way to restore the lost file?

Also, is there a way on ps4 version to view the entire map?
Hold Options to bring up the scoreboard then press L1/R1 to swap to the big map. If you leave the screen when on the map it remembers it the next time you press Options.

terrible

Banned
You just have to laugh when your team absolutely refuses to be carried. You know the rounds I'm talking about. By the time you kill all the enemies near a capture point and start capping it you lose the capture point you just captured before that. What are teammates even doing when stuff like this happens? Lol.

Game 1
, Game 2

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Does anyone adjust the network smoothing factor slider and does it really do anything? Just wondering if it is worth changing from the default 50. (Ps4 version)

I crank it all the way down to zero... game feels pretty good. Some of the clamber animations on the enemy can look a little sketchy, they warp a bit, but you're getting the best information you can as to where the server says they are, and the hit-detection/1v1 feels pretty good.

Facism

I don't know why this game is running so bad for me.
jvD0JmulEsGCR.png

It drops randomly often with not much going on(yes, you are seeing 1 FPS), note that I disabled SLI for the 670s(with i5-2500k and 8GB RAM) and is running it on medium(high and ultra are unplayable for me) at 1440p. I also have these problems as well that makes the unplayable for me in it's current state:

Bad performance
Sound bugs
Stuttering
Texture loading
Rubber banding
Crashing
Freezing
Disconnects
Flickering with SLI now
Lag

I swear these patches are making the game worse for me because it wasn't even this bad when I played the 1st weeks of it.

It's a shame because I love BF games, played nearly all of them. I'm trying to have fun with this game but these problems are making me play it less. Guess I'll wait until it's fixed to play it again. Oh and the texture loading example:

jbidZTeAnQtFyH.png

jbRrYCXUw8jrL.png

BTW this game sounds amazing on my new Dayton speakers.

same here mate, everything you go through. Game is trash when it comes to optimisation.

Just got a patch.

Ataxia

Unlocked the 25mm cannons for the little bird... My baby is back! The thing is such a beast.

Really wish there was below radar though. Stingers seem a little OP right now.

Kabuto

Dec 20 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for terrain flickering when using SLI/CrossFire setup
-Fix for three of the top crash issues on the PC platform
-Fix for case when soldier can die with 1 HP instead of 0
-Fix for the issue where the revive UI could be permanently shown after accepting a revive

R17 Server Update Notes
-Fix for two server crashes
-Fix for a graphical bug that could occur when players accepted a revive within 1 second
-Server performance optimizations

I guess it's almost time to change the thread title :p

this is probably been asked once a day but have DICE said anything about bringing back Loadout settings to the menus?

seems ridiculous to have to go ingame/testrange to adjust my loadouts :/

Rainy Dog

Working my way through all the main weapons just getting 1st service stars for the time being, I've come to accept that I just much prefer and perform better with slow fire rate guns. 650rpm is probably my sweet spot, but anywhere between 600-700rpm I'm happy with.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
this is probably been asked once a day but have DICE said anything about bringing back Loadout settings to the menus?

seems ridiculous to have to go ingame/testrange to adjust my loadouts :/

It might get patched in the console versions at one point but no one knows.
As an alternative, use Battlelog on your phone/PC for it at the moment.

It might get patched in the console versions at one point but no one knows.
As an alternative, use Battlelog on your phone/PC for it at the moment.

You can also use the ps4 browser which is just a double tap of the ps button away once you have it open. I prefer doing it in game though and mostly use the browser to find games.

Ataxia

Almost finished a game on Dawnbreaker. And it was glorious!

Enemy team had just twenty tickets left. Game had gone on for a good 25 mins or so and I was feeling pretty damn lucky becuase I had been there from the start. Just as I started to think that maybe, maybe this would be it, my console froze as I was capping a flag.

And it made me sad face. Easily the best of the vanilla maps... Up there with those in China Rising (thank god the latter are playable). When and if they patch it, I'm going to play the hell out of it.

Which is the best Carbine? Been using the ACW-R, but it seems pretty touch and go at medium range (i.e, where I engage 80% of other players).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom