• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's... counter-intuitive or whatever. To get the unlocks for the gun that you want, you have to... use the gun enough to get battlepacks that focus on said gun to... unlock the items you want to where you can then use the gun you want how you want...

How is that... logical?

Oh, sure, you can get them in "rank-ups" but why do that? It's better to get them from the weapon packs since the weapon packs are ONLY for the weapon you want to unlock stuff in.

Grief.exe

It's... counter-intuitive or whatever. To get the unlocks for the gun that you want, you have to... use the gun enough to get battlepacks that focus on said gun to... unlock the items you want to where you can then use the gun you want how you want...

How is that... logical?

Oh, sure, you can get them in "rank-ups" but why do that? It's better to get them from the weapon packs since the weapon packs are ONLY for the weapon you want to unlock stuff in.

Its an improvement over BF3 as you can now get the unlocks you want earlier if your luck is good.
The point still stands, you can use the gun the way you wan to very early on as the required unlocks are available via kills. Battlepacks just unlock duplicates that are aesthetic changes to previously available unlocks.

Best case scenario is you get to choose a couple unlocks every 50 kills. Or just remove the unlock system all together, but people love that carrot on a stick progression.

TheSeks

JessePinkmanWHAT.gif

BF3's system made sense: "Unlock through kills or leveling up (pistols/perks)"

BF4's is: "Get these through kills, and then get battlepacks to test your luck for the others! LOL!"

How the hell is that better? Oh, sure, you may or may not luck out. But why would you want luck in the equation instead of hard stats of kills?

Scopes were in the first 10-50 kills, anything after that was Heavy Barrel or foregrip or stuff like that.

Were EA ever planning on you having to buy keys for the battlepacks or something? Seems like such a pointless system.

SlimJimAndAxePope.jpg

Grief.exe

Do you keep missing this point, or are you just ignoring it?

The point still stands, you can use the gun the way you wan to very early on as the required unlocks are available via kills. Battlepacks just unlock duplicates that are aesthetic changes to previously available unlocks.

Larson

Banned
New bullshit EA forced DICE to add because they were "popular" in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

THANKS OBAMA BIOWARE.

Basically anything you get for guns and stuff can be gotten in Battlepacks you unlock through ranking up or using a weapon enough. Weapon ones focus on the weapons, so generally try to use those over the general ones to get the unlocks for the guns you want faster instead of leaving luck to heaven or whatever the term is.

I still doesn't understand how to unlock the coyote sight. Since i have a battle pack can i just unlock it?

Grief.exe

I still doesn't understand how to unlock the coyote sight. Since i have a battle pack can i just unlock it?

Its random, open the battlepack you may get lucky and get it, or you might get it down the line.

BC2's unlock system is much better. You don't have to get kills to unlock it. Just play the class, and it'll unlock eventually.

Excpet the most broken mechanic, magnum ammo, was unlocked after a significant amount of levels.

But yes, it was better. That carrot on a stick gameplay though.

Other then that yeah, it's still way better though. It's a hassle in this game.The way it's implemented in this game is so time consuming and cumbersome. Better to have a universal attachment.

New bullshit EA forced DICE to add because they were "popular" in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

THANKS OBAMA BIOWARE.

Basically anything you get for guns and stuff can be gotten in Battlepacks you unlock through ranking up or using a weapon enough. Weapon ones focus on the weapons, so generally try to use those over the general ones to get the unlocks for the guns you want faster instead of leaving luck to heaven or whatever the term is.

The weird thing is I was expecting them to be purchasable with in-game XP or real money like ME3. Pleasantly surprised that they aren't.

TheSeks

So, who of the drunken fist crew wants to be my bombing run targetsx3 3 times? :D? D:?

As if I can get in the goddamn thing with everyone and their mother camping it. Nor get kills because spotting people means everyone and their mother will shoot them before the bombing run hits them.

TheSeks

They aren't on the NA store. At least not through either the in-game store or the Related Items menu in the 4UI.

They're coming though. It was the initial idea to do something like that since Mass Effect did it.

I don't have a problem with Battlepacks, you get the required unlocks via kills, then Battlepacks unlock the alternate ones that, generally, just provide aesthetic differences.

The only thing that isn't fun is waiting for the superior Kobra/Coyote sights to unlock.

YES!

I am trying to get the coyote, and I've already unlocked 3 m249 battlepacks and nothing yet...really annoying.

Faith

I have a problem with my L85A2. After every round or after I join a new server the attachments are being reset.

uvtwhlvl.png

So I always have to attach them again, it's so anoing! And it only happens with this weapon, which I got before China Rising was actually out. What's wrong?

Found out something:

vf4hcupr.png

I tried it again (pistol, M320 and defib kill) but it stays the same. I thinkt this bug is causing my problem?

Ataxia

Stingers are so frustrating. Scout helicopters are almost useless unless you have an engineer repairing on the side or you're just lucky and no one bothers to equip stingers.

Like tonight. I really wish I could record on 360 to prove my point, but I swear in a span of a minute or so I had at least 9 god damn lock ons. And in that period I could only deploy flairs twice... And the second time didn't even work. Luckily I had an engineer repairing, so essentially I was stuck waiting for my helicopter to stabilise while people fired more stingers at me. I managed to get away, but there's a point where things get ridiculous.

I don't know what has changed since BF3, but I don't like it.

Milennia

I have a problem with my L85A2. After every round or after I join a new server the attachments are being reset.

uvtwhlvl.png

So I always have to attach them again, it's so anoing! And it only happens with this weapon, which I got before China Rising was actually out. What's wrong?

Found out something:

vf4hcupr.png

I tried it again (pistol, M320 and defib kill) but it stays the same. I thinkt this bug is causing my problem?

It doesn't have to do with that bug.
I have had all of the CR weapons for quite a while and since unlocking them it always updates the assignments every game as if i didn't have them, but i also don't lose my attactchments. It could be due to me having all attactchments for the l85, as opposed to default unlocks... Unsure, but i also haven't seen this issue anywhere else.

But if that was the case, all my mtar unlocks would be gone and they aren't.. Sounds like a unique issue.

kriskrosbbk

Guys,did you acknowledge an issue where the friendlies are not marked properly?
They look like the enemy without the mark.This is quite frustrating on hardcore.PS4.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

This is my most hated bug so far. I hate seeing the same assignments that I already did pop up after each round. gahhhhh so annoying but it's such a minor thing I wouldn't be surprised if it was never fixed.

Milennia

Guys,did you acknowledge an issue where the friendlies are not marked properly?
They look like the enemy without the mark.This is quite frustrating on hardcore.PS4.

Yea it happens, usually why you see teammates shooting at each other for a split second until it shows up that they are friendly.

bjscott05

Stingers are so frustrating. Scout helicopters are almost useless unless you have an engineer repairing on the side or you're just lucky and no one bothers to equip stingers.

Like tonight. I really wish I could record on 360 to prove my point, but I swear in a span of a minute or so I had at least 9 god damn lock ons. And in that period I could only deploy flairs twice... And the second time didn't even work. Luckily I had an engineer repairing, so essentially I was stuck waiting for my helicopter to stabilise while people fired more stingers at me. I managed to get away, but there's a point where things get ridiculous.

I don't know what has changed since BF3, but I don't like it.

No more below radar happened :(

uvtwhlvl.png

Found out something:

vf4hcupr.png

Yep I have the same issue with the L85A2, MTART and MP7..its annoying since I hate the assignments popping up all the time.

Rizific

I'm not a vehicle guy. That said, I absolutely fucking hate altai range and silk road =/ however dragon pass and guilin are amazing. If anyone else feels the way I do, how do you deal with those two vehicle maps?

scogoth

I'm not a vehicle guy. That said, I absolutely fucking hate altai range and silk road =/ however dragon pass and guilin are amazing. If anyone else feels the way I do, how do you deal with those two vehicle maps?

You play in vehicles. Welcome to Battlefield

Unless you wanna join the slew of "under level 20" snipers who wanna sit atop every rooftop throughout the game....why be any other class then engy? (Lets be honest even the Engys are on roofs reigning death from above lol)

Seriously, every class has a bit of a drawback in the world of Battlefield..accept the engineer.
This makes absolute no sense in terms of class balance and usage.

Both the Carbine and PDW are viable in CQC and a somewhat moderate range, which begs one to question...why play Medic/Assualt or Support?
Sure the AR's are nice as well as the LMG's but you really don't have much of a leg up on thr Engy class...the class who, unlike all the other classes, dominates air and land vehicles.

I hate to always fall back to "Well, BF2 did this right..." but it was a brilliant move for them to limit the Anti-tank/Engy class to Shotguns or a PDW that did about 10 damage.
An engineer and AT class was limited to specialized play, using vehicles (due to repair ability) or destruction of vehicles.

As it stands now you have 4 classes and 80% are Engineer most maps. You hardly get a heal or a revive cause of this nor can you get a resupply. Instead maps are nothing both Engys being used as Assult classes and any attempt to use a vehicle is nothing more then a chance to hear the "Incoming/Locked on" alarm go off then watching 8 rockets hit you at once.

Don't even get me started on the Little-Bird filled with Engineer nonsense, this topples the Attack Heli.
THIS WAS A PROBLEM IN BF2 THEY STOPPED...yet..here it is again?!?..

I hate to complain, I love the game, but the dominating ability of the Engineer has hurt the Assult and Support class while making a stand-out part of BF (the vehicles) boring and nothing more then death traps you might snag a few kills with.

So, in my little stupid perfect world what would happen if the Engineer was denied access to the Carbines and had the PDW dmg GREATLY reduced??...
More players playing Support and Medic/Assualt, thus I think in turn more players learning the classes and becoming even better team players (more revives, heals, resupplies etc..)
As it stands now they are almost a novelty class, few and far between and even worse the ones that exist hardly do their jobs.

Right now a teams most powerfull tool on almost every map is just the number of engineers they have.
If you can more then your opponents team you can win most maps easily.

Also, ditch the "warm up before" shock of the revive when its first pulled out. Most times this equals death. Make the first revive insta then a recharge/rub of the paddles. Hate to go back to mentioning BF2 but I miss the corpse humping lol. A few guys would go down and a medic could hit the deck and zap them all back in seconds :)

Milennia

Unless you wanna join the slew of "under level 20" snipers who wanna sit atop every rooftop throughout the game....why be any other class then engy? (Lets be honest even the Engys are on roofs reigning death from above lol)

Seriously, every class has a bit of a drawback in the world of Battlefield..accept the engineer.
This makes absolute no sense in terms of class balance and usage.

Both the Carbine and PDW are viable in CQC and a somewhat moderate range, which begs one to question...why play Medic/Assualt or Support?
Sure the AR's are nice as well as the LMG's but you really don't have much of a leg up on thr Engy class...the class who, unlike all the other classes, dominates air and land vehicles.

I hate to always fall back to "Well, BF2 did this right..." but it was a brilliant move for them to limit the Anti-tank/Engy class to Shotguns or a PDW that did about 10 damage.
An engineer and AT class was limited to specialized play, using vehicles (due to repair ability) or destruction of vehicles.

As it stands now you have 4 classes and 80% are Engineer most maps. You hardly get a heal or a revive cause of this nor can you get a resupply. Instead maps are nothing both Engys being used as Assult classes and any attempt to use a vehicle is nothing more then a chance to hear the "Incoming/Locked on" alarm go off then watching 8 rockets hit you at once.

Don't even get me started on the Little-Bird filled with Engineer nonsense, this topples the Attack Heli.
THIS WAS A PROBLEM IN BF2 THEY STOPPED...yet..here it is again?!?..

I hate to complain, I love the game, but the dominating ability of the Engineer has hurt the Assult and Support class while making a stand-out part of BF (the vehicles) boring and nothing more then death traps you might snag a few kills with.

So, in my little stupid perfect world what would happen if the Engineer was denied access to the Carbines and had the PDW dmg GREATLY reduced??...
More players playing Support and Medic/Assualt, thus I think in turn more players learning the classes and becoming even better team players (more revives, heals, resupplies etc..)
As it stands now they are almost a novelty class, few and far between and even worse the ones that exist hardly do their jobs.

Right now a teams most powerfull tool on almost every map is just the number of engineers they have.
If you can more then your opponents team you can win most maps easily.

Also, ditch the "warm up before" shock of the revive when its first pulled out. Most times this equals death. Make the first revive insta then a recharge/rub of the paddles. Hate to go back to mentioning BF2 but I miss the corpse humping lol. A few guys would go down and a medic could hit the deck and zap them all back in seconds :)

I play a medic main since bf2 as people in pubs don't revive/ heal.

Always has been this way, I've grown to love the class and can do well with any AR.
I sometimes obviously have to switch to engi for tank removal as for some reason my team full of engis cant do such a thing half the time. Other than that I'm mostly medic as it gives me a sort of sense of fulfillment reviving and healing our team as they progress.

Sure i feel damn useless when up against any type of vehicle (literally useless) but i know that going in and am coordinated at maneuvering around such vehicles when on foot thanks to the combat medic field set (that sprint and faster defib charge is amazing, seriously helps me every game and fixes an issue i had with the class).

Engineers are extremely attractive thanks to their kit possibilities, they are a toolbox class that has something for everything. They do however (assuming you aren't playing as a group and ignore the repair tool, which most of them do) seem a little too lone wolf.
I see how the spec can be appealing to those who choose to play as a lone wolf even with a repair tool... Thinking from an overall standpoint, people love points.. Most will ignore objectives and team play for points.. This is a harsh reality. The repair tool gives next to no points and it takes 5 heals for a ribbon, thats almost a complete tank heal.Since most of the community is willing to sacrifice the objectives and team play for more points, the repair tool is useless to them if they can just drop mines and have an rpg in the backpocket, so in turn they can run around worry free with a carbine (the mechanic field set allows the repair tool to be extremely dangerous to enemy vehicles) yet aren't these the same players who only care about k/d? The lone wolves? If i cared about k/d i wouldn't take the chance at running up to a tank in melee range to dismantle it anyway.

These are just some obvious observations I've made on the class in bf 4 alone, as well as 1 or 2 obvious fixes that could help force the community into playing the game just a little more properly and team play oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom