• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

@Milennia
We both like the same weapon :D

Its the only gun i like more than the ace by a longshot.
Once you get used to the reload and vertical recoil... It s just stupid.
The F2000 may overthrow it when second assault comes out however for me,

It gets a bit more interesting once you look below the first 6:p

mf6Yjip.jpg

RS4-

Was looking at my stats earlier after not playing for a week. On average with the carbines and assault weapons, my headshot rate sits between 16 and 18% for each gun.

I don't spend much time in vehicles, across the board I've got less than 60 kills total. I have nearly 2x many knife kills compared to it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rush servers I keep joining are default/no unlocks and I don't REALLY want to play Conquest on vanilla maps since it doesn't let me dick around for bombing run kills.

So I think I'm done with the game for a while. :/ Double so since no one plays Rush or Obliteration.

Its the only gun i like more than the ace by a longshot.
Once you get used to the reload and vertical recoil... It s just stupid.
The F2000 may overthrow it when second assault comes out however for me,

It gets a bit more interesting once you look below the first 6:p

The only problem with the L85A2 is that the attachments get reset every time you join a new server!

Milennia

The only problem with the L85A2 is that the attachments get reset every time you join a new server!

I have never had this happen to me in all my time with the gun, have had all attactchments unlocked for the weapon since a day after china rising came out.

Remmy2112

81ct9wk.jpg

EpVpQJE.jpg

My vehicle stats are pretty lackluster. When I play conquest I'm usually focused on infantry combat and avoiding vehicles. ACW-R is the weapon I pull out if the current weapon I'm trying out is proving ineffective or my team is getting annihilated. It is there for when I just want to murder people.

Bollocks

Gotta love it when half your team is sniping doing shit and you're at the frontline getting your ass kicked because there's no support.
Haian. objective armed, nah bro let me stay on the rooftop.

TheSeks

I'm asking what the source of that is.

We've done this whole song and dance before in this thread...

SA is X-box Exclusive
X-box Exclusive has generally been 2-4 months before other platforms.
DICE generally has 2-3 months between DLC packs.

Ergo: China Rising launched in December.
January-February: 2 months.
Second Assault launched on X-box in November/Launch-day of 720.
2-3 months after: February.

Ergo: After February.

DICE isn't going to go out and give a release date since they're "X-box Exclusive" right now, but that's the logical dictation. I'd say March or April for Second Assault, but since they put "future DLC on hold" to fix BF4, who fucking knows at this point if they'll still be on that schedule.

For all we know the future DLC can run into 2015 at this rate.

Milennia

We've done this whole song and dance before in this thread...

SA is X-box Exclusive
X-box Exclusive has generally been 2-4 months before other platforms.
DICE generally has 2-3 months between DLC packs.

Ergo: China Rising launched in December.
January-February: 2 months.
Second Assault launched on X-box in November/Launch-day of 720.
2-3 months after: February.

Ergo: After February.

DICE isn't going to go out and give a release date since they're "X-box Exclusive" right now, but that's the logical dictation. I'd say March or April for Second Assault, but since they put "future DLC on hold" to fix BF4, who fucking knows at this point if they'll still be on that schedule.

For all we know the future DLC can run into 2015 at this rate.

Aren't cod map packs etc. only a month of exclusivity? This is obviously not the case this time, as its been longer than a month, but i cant remember the last time a map pack was 2 months, much less 3-4.

Full blown game timed exclusives are longer than map packs for sure.
The previous battlefield exclusivity deal was karkand if i could recall as well, and that was only a week. This seems like an isolated deal in terms of a map pack for sure.
Since its done, my prediction would be end of january to early february.

Rush servers I keep joining are default/no unlocks and I don't REALLY want to play Conquest on vanilla maps since it doesn't let me dick around for bombing run kills.

So I think I'm done with the game for a while. :/ Double so since no one plays Rush or Obliteration.

lots of peeps playing Rush and Obliteration on PS4!

TheSeks

lots of peeps playing Rush and Obliteration on PS4!

I see you, stirring shit. ;)

But no, really. Splinter and Sco are gone which leaves Ocho who plays Conquest and Norua who plays Rush and Conquest but is in UUUUUUUUUUUU-ROPE which means lag.

Overdoziz

Banned
See: Call of Duty, XBLA titles, etc.
Basically all map packs from both MW3 and Black Ops 2 had roughly a month between their 360 and PS3 release.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light had a month between its 360 and PS3 release.
Limbo had roughly a year between its 360 and PS3 release.
Braid had over a year between its 360 and PS3 release.
Castle Crashers had over two years between its 360 and PS3 release.

This list of XBLA games is of course only a small selection of all timed exclusives since I can't be bothered to check all recent XBLA timed exclusives, but it still gives you a fairly good idea of the length of the exclusivity. I really don't see where you're getting this 2-4 month time frame from. If I happened to have missed a recent trend in this happening with XBLA timed exclusives feel free to prove me wrong, though.

Either way, DICE being completely quiet about it is very disappointing.

Basically all map packs from both MW3 and Black Ops 2 had roughly a month between their 360 and PS3 release.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light had a month between its 360 and PS3 release.
Limbo had roughly a year between its 360 and PS3 release.
Braid had over a year between its 360 and PS3 release.
Castle Crashers had over two years between its 360 and PS3 release.

This list of XBLA games is of course only a small selection of all timed exclusives since I can't be bothered to check all recent XBLA timed exclusives, but it still gives you a fairly good idea of the length of the exclusivity. I really don't see where you're getting this 2-4 month time frame from. If I happened to have missed a recent trend in this happening with XBLA timed exclusives feel free to prove me wrong, though.

Either way, DICE being completely quiet about it is very disappointing.

Just trade the game in for Ghosts

Taurus

I don't know if this is a right place to ask, but I'm looking for eurogaffers (euro just for the ping, no racism here :D) on Xbone to play with. I play hardcore Conquest.

So fed up playing with sniper squads and it's so frustrating trying to win alone or with my mate.

Send me a pm or friend request and we'll play together sometimes :))

http://bf4stats.com/xone/W11kate

I see you, stirring shit. ;)

But no, really. Splinter and Sco are gone which leaves Ocho who plays Conquest and Norua who plays Rush and Conquest but is in UUUUUUUUUUUU-ROPE which means lag.

you should have been there when i recorded the videos. party so big i didn't even get into party chat for a few games!

TheSeks

*shrug* Nothing you can do to convince me to come back. The only thing you can do is bitch at Sony to go back to "free online."

I played Payday 2 on PS3 today and literally "JESUS CHRIST"ed the graphics after playing the PC version for 20+ hours over the past month. I think this means I'm no longer able to put up with consoles bullshit at this point. D:

*shrug* Nothing you can do to convince me to come back. The only thing you can do is bitch at Sony to go back to "free online."

I played Payday 2 on PS3 today and literally "JESUS CHRIST"ed the graphics after playing the PC version for 20+ hours over the past month. I think this means I'm no longer able to put up with consoles bullshit at this point. D:

you don't have to come back, you can just learn to love Conquest, the one true Battlefield gametype.

TheSeks

Uh-huh. I'm fine with playing Rush on my own. Just gets a little tiring doing it while people camp the roofs of Shanghai. Double-so when I'm trying to get those last few assignments and people are camping the bombing run in Conquest.

WHY THE FUCK did DICE decide some of that shit for the assignments, I'll never know.

The things that are annoying me are:

-Assignments and the shit to do them.
-Weapon EXP taking forever.
-Having to play Conquest over the other modes for ONE assignment/weapon unlock. Seriously, DICE? Same for Air Superiority. Shit shouldn't be required and it should be ground/infantry combat skills that unlock these things.

Mode doesn't bother me. I don't mind playing Conquest now and then, but it gets majorly boring for me.

Akainu

WHY THE FUCK did DICE decide some of that shit for the assignments, I'll never know.

The things that are annoying me are:

-Assignments and the shit to do them.
-Having to play Conquest over the other modes for ONE assignment/weapon unlock.
I swear it takes for ever to get repair ribbons.

TheSeks

I swear it takes for ever to get repair ribbons.

That's not a problem with the assignement or modes. That's a problem with the playerbase and the changes in the disable system (why the fuck is disable even in the game if it doesn't slowly damage tanks and tanks AUTO-REPAIR from it?! Oh and move at the speed of light compared to BF3's hobbling).

I know Splinter is going to jump in and cause a debate about this: And I get what you're saying in regards to BF4's mechanics, but that's one thing I don't get: WHY THE FUCK IS DISABLE IN THE GAME if it... you know... doesn't DISABLE the vehicle? What is the point? It might as well be mobility bonus and BC2's damage model without the disable bonus being in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom