• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
I can't even play this game.

The rubber banding has become so atrocious on every server. What a waste of money. I am so pissed off. Last time I ever buy a DICE game Day 1. Last time I ever buy a DICE game period. They have turned into a shit tier developer.

nampad

Played the game for the first time today and you guys weren't kidding about the bugs and glitches. Game runs like shit, I don't want to know how it was before the latest patches.

I also can't access my preorder battlepack. First I only get a Slim Jims silver battlepack instead of a gold one for the preorders, now I can't even download it from the PSN store or access it ingame. Used the code on the PSN webstore because I got my console late.

Ataxia

Only major problem on 360 now is Dawnbreaker still freezes - at least in my experience, anyway. Other than that it has been pretty damn solid

zcft.png

Where is this camo? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Zeppelin

Only major problem on 360 now is Dawnbreaker still freezes - at least in my experience, anyway. Other than that it has been pretty damn solid

zcft.png

It's camo for your dude. You have to set it in-game.

'Camo' is for your soldier, 'paint' for vehicles and weapons.

Lotto

zcft.png

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Appearance

Camos in this game are faction specific; this one can only be used for USA.

From this wiki it says:

Tricolor Desert - Battlepack Item, but cannot be equipped

So... I don't know. Sounds like a useless camo.

Preemo

Banned
i wonder how much time was wasted on camos and their applications. its such a waste of time IMO. i dont appreciate camos, they dont have an impact on my enjoyment of the game, and i cant help but think several work weeks for a few employees went into this useless feature.

gotta keep up with the COD`s though.

i just cant get to liking this game after the glory that was BF3 for me. too many mechanics have changed, and for no good reason. none. fucking morons at DICE. and the maps fucking suck, especially for vehicles. fuck!

Zeppelin

i wonder how much time was wasted on camos and their applications. its such a waste of time IMO. i dont appreciate camos, they dont have an impact on my enjoyment of the game, and i cant help but think several work weeks for a few employees went into this useless feature.

Yeah, I kinda agree. There's nothing wrong in giving people the ability to customize things and I wouldn't mind being able to customize the look of vehicles a bit more (it would probably be a nightmare to allow people to do full paintjobs though). But I just can't be bothered with camos since they don't adopt to the environment.

I actually really liked Flood Zone when I could free swim. Aiming doesn't seem to let you swim downward, now, so I can't loop through the bottoms of flooded buildings. Used to be amazing for flanking people.

Last time I tried I tricked it into letting me into the bottom of the parking garage, and then drowned when it trapped me against the ceiling.

...not so big a fan, now.

daevv

What are the default bomber controls on PS4? Pressing R2 marks targets but what fires? Do they fire on their own? I think L2 is flares.

Faith

What are the default bomber controls on PS4? Pressing R2 marks targets but what fires? Do they fire on their own? I think L2 is flares.
You can target some points (I think 3 or 4) and then the bombs are falling automaticly, you can leave the bomber station after marking. It just takes some time till it hits.

venom2124

I actually really liked Flood Zone when I could free swim. Aiming doesn't seem to let you swim downward, now, so I can't loop through the bottoms of flooded buildings. Used to be amazing for flanking people.

Last time I tried I tricked it into letting me into the bottom of the parking garage, and then drowned when it trapped me against the ceiling.

I'm wondering about this. I read that you are supposed to be able to dive down to enter flooded buildings. Does anyone know how?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Huh? They changed the swimming controls? I guess I should go to the test range and see, but why would they do that? It made sense to let people dive deep to avoid bullets being fired at them.

I keep losing my cross hair when I'm using a shotgun and its not even hardcore...

It's a bug, it happens with all guns and it's annoying as shit.

Faith

Worst map ever is this China Rising map with the open mapdesign where you get shot all the time if you aren't in a vehicle.

Btw, I've never seen a map that is so perfectly balanced like Shanghai. Perfect for every play style.

Worst map ever is this China Rising map with the open mapdesign where you get shot all the time if you aren't in a vehicle.

Btw, I've never seen a map that is so perfectly balanced like Shanghai. Perfect for every play style.

Shanghai is probably the most balanced for vehicle or infantry play (though not attack helicopter). Zavod is probably second best for balanced play, and probably the best for squad infantry play. It's big enough to allow flanking and going behind enemy lines, but small enough (and with enough COVER!) to allow awesome confrontations to develop. The underground tunnel parts help quite a bit, too. Overall I think Zavod is the best map, and Flood Zone is the worst.

Lancang Dam doesn't even seem to be in anyone's rotation any more either, thanks to the early sound and rubberbanding bugs. I'm not even sure if they ever fixed them, but it's too late now.

Huh? They changed the swimming controls? I guess I should go to the test range and see, but why would they do that? It made sense to let people dive deep to avoid bullets being fired at them.

Didn't work for any of my squadmates last night, at least. Will give it another shot tonight.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They need to fix Air Superiority bad. Rounds last 4-5 minutes. It takes almost as long to get into a game as it is to play it.

Ocho

I don't hate any of the maps, besides Operation Metro 1.5 and Operation Metro 2.0

But the only map I love is Oman. And that's coming back.

I really want Arica to come back, but given how DICE doesn't do flanking options to replace some destruction in Rush... I dunno if I truly want that since I'm sure I'll feel like DICE ruined the map or something.

Arica Conquest blows so I don't want that map ever in my life again. Rush was pretty great, tho.

Larson

Banned
Kills or battle pack. Check battlelog

Yeah, you need to unlock battle pack. But i have unlocked a battle pack but i have not got it yet. What is a battle pack anyway? I have just bought a PS4 and BF4, never played a BF before, so you can say that i am an amateur.

TheSeks

Yeah, you need to unlock battle pack. But i have unlocked a battle pack but i have not got it yet. What is a battle pack anyway? I have just bought a PS4 and BF4, never played a BF before, so you can say that i am an amateur.

New bullshit EA forced DICE to add because they were "popular" in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

THANKS OBAMA BIOWARE.

Basically anything you get for guns and stuff can be gotten in Battlepacks you unlock through ranking up or using a weapon enough. Weapon ones focus on the weapons, so generally try to use those over the general ones to get the unlocks for the guns you want faster instead of leaving luck to heaven or whatever the term is.

TheSeks

*record a bunch of videos*

*realize later that there's no audio because when headphones are plugged into the DualShock 4, no audio goes over HDMI*

*give them to me to upload under my own moniker as a troll*

Crakatak187 said:
The ADHD gamers ate it up sadly. I remember the bitching about BC2 unlock system and it's far far worst now.

I dunno, PS3 unlocks were pretty fast. But doing them again on PC (I really need to get back to that...) has been REALLY badly long. But I partially blame that on my SPM diving on the PC version because after 800 hours on the PS3, I just can't... adjust to the "clunky" PC controls. Double-so after BF3/4 consolidated their keyboard and mouse controls while BC2 is wildly different.

@Ocho: Eh, I like Arica in Rush AND Conquest. Mostly because the battle was "Urban" I can see where you're coming from in terms of Conquest in some aspects (easy to base rape) but as far as the map itself? Love it.

Grief.exe

I don't have a problem with Battlepacks, you get the required unlocks via kills, then Battlepacks unlock the alternate ones that, generally, just provide aesthetic differences.

The only thing that isn't fun is waiting for the superior Kobra/Coyote sights to unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom