• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataxia

Just unlocked the tri-beam for the G36C.

Is there a difference between it and the normal laser sight? I mean, it looks cooler. But is there some disadvantage I'm not aware about?

Ark

tvZ5TiN.png
hpiE4DA.png

wF70pcR.png

The CBJ-MS is a beautiful weapon. I started playing assault in Conquest on less vehicle intensive maps because I realised that on the PS4 no one revives or gives out health, though it means I can't use the CBJ-MS.

Ataxia

Every time I go into the testing range or whatever it's called on Xbox I get a new campaign achievement. Tonight I actually got two at once. Last night and the night before I only got the one each time, though.

Might even 100% the game soon enough. Hah!

zma1013

That's not a problem with the assignement or modes. That's a problem with the playerbase and the changes in the disable system (why the fuck is disable even in the game if it doesn't slowly damage tanks and tanks AUTO-REPAIR from it?! Oh and move at the speed of light compared to BF3's hobbling).

I know Splinter is going to jump in and cause a debate about this: And I get what you're saying in regards to BF4's mechanics, but that's one thing I don't get: WHY THE FUCK IS DISABLE IN THE GAME if it... you know... doesn't DISABLE the vehicle? What is the point? It might as well be mobility bonus and BC2's damage model without the disable bonus being in the game.

I find disable useful for killing vehicles that would otherwise have escaped my clutches. Slows them down enough to make shots on them easier.

So DICE made the spotting system easier and more intuitive on the consoles.

And yet, no one hardly spots. The player base is disgraceful at actually being useful.

Which leads to the next question, maybe they should implement the 'aim at enemy for a period of time to spot automatically' mechanic.

Ataxia

Which leads to the next question, maybe they should implement the 'aim at enemy for a period of time to spot automatically' mechanic.

They had that in BC2, no? Maybe a special scope or something.

I've also noticed that people still don't give ammo. There needs to be some kind of big ass notification on the HUD because support players are still oblivious to other players calling for ammo. Really frustrates me.

zma1013

And yet, no one hardly spots. The player base is disgraceful at actually being useful.

They should just take it out of the game altogether, not implement even more ways to spot. It's a bad system that has everyone focusing on finding the orange Doritos rather than actually looking around with their own eyes and being aware.

Been opening battlepacks where I get end of round bonuses yet at the end of the round I get no bonus.
?

You have to activate the bonus. On PC you press ESC to open the menu and at the lower right corner there's a little box, click it and select a bonus. If done successfully, you should see a timer pop up down there indicated how long it's active.

You have to activate the bonus. On PC you press ESC to open the menu and at the lower right corner there's a little box, click it and select a bonus. If done successfully, you should see a timer pop up down there indicated how long it's active.
Thank you! Anyone on PS4 know what button gets these bonuses working.

They should just take it out of the game altogether, not implement even more ways to spot. It's a bad system that has everyone focusing on finding the orange Doritos rather than actually looking around with their own eyes and being aware.

Problem is, from my playtime experience on console. They seem to not aware at all anyway. There is very little teamwork, I've played some hardcore CQ and it's staggering how little disregard my own team mates had for their lives and their teammates.

I saw no difference in playing with spotting and playing without spotting. Both modes had very little teamwork when playing with randoms.

terrible

Banned
They had that in BC2, no? Maybe a special scope or something.

I've also noticed that people still don't give ammo. There needs to be some kind of big ass notification on the HUD because support players are still oblivious to other players calling for ammo. Really frustrates me.

You do actually see a huge flashing ammo sign when you're support. People are just really dumb.

See that ammo sign flashing about my head? No? Ok, do you see me jumping up and down in front of you while knifing you and throwing down healthpacks? Surely I'm just being an idiot for no reason and I totally don't need any ammo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I find disable useful for killing vehicles that would otherwise have escaped my clutches. Slows them down enough to make shots on them easier.

That's the mobility bonus, and not disable. Disable has no function in BF4 where it did the mobility bonus AND burning damage in BF3.

Facism

horrible gameplay ignorance isn't just an issu on consoles. pc gamers as a whole have taken an iq hit when it comes to recent battlefield games. Nobody revives, nobody drops ammo, unless it's locker and at a chokepoint.

jond76

Banned
All of my issues (crashing, couldn't dl china rising, etc) seems to have cleared up with whatever the latest patch was.

I was pretty lucky in that my biggest issue was crashing between matches. Hope it's smoothing out for everyone else.

Rainy Dog

Gotta agree with this. It was a novel idea to increase teamwork without verbal communication when it was introduced, but spotting's annoying me in BF4 more than it ever has. So many situations where the enemy team should have no idea where I am and yet I have an orange traingle over my head because someone randomly spammed the spot button in my direction. There's also too many ways to spot now, what with the various recon UAV's and the re-addition of commander's.

Would also help solve the issue of too many useless snipers if they couldn't just snipe away at orange triangles. Then again, would be harder to worm them out of their dens themselves...

Perhaps adjust the length of time you're spotted to just a couple of seconds max, increase the period before you can be re-spotted and cooldown players can spam away on the spon button would be compromises I suppose. Or... just limit it to recon UAV's and commander's only therefore making their roles much more important in that respect.

zma1013

There is disable once you reach 10 health.

Yeah I think in BF3 it started around 40 or something but it's much lower in this game.

Gotta agree with this. It was a novel idea to increase teamwork without verbal communication when it was introduced, but spotting's annoying me in BF4 more than it ever has. So many situations where the enemy team should have no idea where I am and yet I have an orange traingle over my head because someone randomly spammed the spot button in my direction. There's also too many ways to spot now, what with the various recon UAV's and the re-addition of commander's.

I have to ask you how you enjoy HVT? As someone who's generally always on the top of the charts, it's pretty disheartening when I'm frequently mark for all eyes in the game to see. Luckily there's not too many commanders playing but when there is, I'm usually lit up as HVT.

Rainy Dog

I have to ask you how you enjoy HVT? As someone who's generally always on the top of the charts, it's pretty disheartening when I'm frequently mark for all eyes in the game to see. Luckily there's not too many commanders playing but when there is, I'm usually lit up as HVT.

Well, I'm probably not as good as you so I don't get marked as a HVT as much :)

I didn't realise that was how the HVT worked actually, interesting. So when an opposing commander marks you as a HVT you're basically running around with a dorito above your head?

zma1013

Well, I'm probably not as good as you so I don't get marked as a HVT as much :)

I didn't realise that was how the HVT worked actually, interesting. So when an opposing commander marks you as a HVT you're basically running around with a dorito above your head?

It's not a little Dorito though, it's like a big diamond/square shaped thingy around you. You haven't seen an HVT yet?

Rainy Dog

It's not a little Dorito though, it's like a big diamond/square shaped thingy around you. You haven't seen an HVT yet?

I musn't have noticed it, no. I've seen one on my own team but didn't realise they appeared that way to the enemy team as well.

Do you get more points when marked as a HVT?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is disable once you reach 10 health.

Then I've never seen it because I've gotten "DISABLE BONUS +50" at 40 HP and then the next RPG round or tank shell completely kills them if they don't haul ass in reverse behind cover to auto-repair the disable.

So again: What is the point of disable? Might as well take it out if they aren't going to make it disable tanks and just have the mobility bonus be the "disable" this game. :/

Whoops. Oh well, #YOLO?

Bizazedo

I took one out yesterday. I enjoy it when a Commander marks one.

I've played Commander a few times, though, and don't know how to designate a HVT :(. Anyone know?

Separately, spotting is fine. The vast vast majority of times I've spotted people, I literally saw them as I spammed the spot button. Very rarely do I get people who I don't see (and it's usually the guys way up on mountains / towers that I spot without seeing..I feel no guilt for this).

It DOES hurt you for when you play hardcore, though. Without the map and the Doritos, I feel blind.

Overdoziz

Banned
Rush really needs a proper overtime. Either BF3 style or just without the ability to respawn at zero tickets and an M-COM armed. Currently it just feel pointless to try and arm the M-COMs when you're low on tickets.

Facism

ugh. Got autobanned from a server for typing "fuck" after idiotically c4'ing myself.

These server owners need to dial back the tyranny regarding language in their murder death kill games where the soldiers themselves swear often.

zma1013

ugh. Got autobanned from a server for typing "fuck" after idiotically c4'ing myself.

These server owners need to dial back the tyranny regarding language in their murder death kill games where the soldiers themselves swear often.

But those are "family" servers. You know, for when mom, dad, and the kids all get together to shoot people in the face with high velocity sniper rounds or savagely slit someone's throat and loot their corpse for shiny metallic objects.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I think the problem is if you spot and look away it goes away almost immediately. Also there's abilities that reduce the time you're spotted.

I can't figure out which weapon or attachements to use, I pretty much have been switching to a different class and different weapon every round to unlock as many attachements and weapons that I can..

I can't decided on what's best for each class and which attachments make for the best setup so I've tried to unlock ALL of them.

Any suggestions? AR? LMG? etc..

Trust me tho, I already know the Carbine AK's + Engy is ultimate soldier mode lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can't figure out which weapon or attachements to use, I pretty much have been switching to a different class and different weapon every round to unlock as many attachements and weapons that I can..

I can't decided on what's best for each class and which attachments make for the best setup so I've tried to unlock ALL of them.

Any suggestions? AR? LMG? etc..

Trust me tho, I already know the Carbine AK's + Engy is god mode lol

LMGs are garbage. After I got all my support medals I went with th TAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom