• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of a....spent half of yesterday burning through the campaign for a second time since my first playthrough was lost to the lost save bug. So I thought I'd do it smart and get a dogtag/weapon location walkthrough so I could trophy all those too. Turns out, there's hidden weapons you have to pick up from downed enemies too, bleh! Gonna have to play though most of the missions AGAIN just to get those. I'm sure its been discussed, but what a pain, I hate the campaign but would like the trophies at least.

Milennia

I can't figure out which weapon or attachements to use, I pretty much have been switching to a different class and different weapon every round to unlock as many attachements and weapons that I can..

I can't decided on what's best for each class and which attachments make for the best setup so I've tried to unlock ALL of them.

Any suggestions? AR? LMG? etc..

Trust me tho, I already know the Carbine AK's + Engy is ultimate soldier mode lol

For AR its l85/ace23, most common attactchments are the angled/coyote (stubby and angled work fine, however with higher fire rates like the l85, i for sure prefer the angled by a longshot, its why my accuracy is so high with my ARs)
No clue about LMGs
Recon is either AK5C or ACE 52 for carbine, or SRR for sniper (angled/coyote for carbines especially the ACE, and its up to you for sniper equipment.. I personally use, bipod/hunter/silencer)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
just had the most bizarre kill right now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=730503418814&l=641369687656557042

idk what even happened. guess the dude was impaled by the rocket and it didn't explode.

Neat I can see this even if it's just shared with your Facebook friends.
I'm guessing he died from concussion/explosion damage through the wind-shield.

Link doesn't work.

Rainy Dog

I can't figure out which weapon or attachements to use, I pretty much have been switching to a different class and different weapon every round to unlock as many attachements and weapons that I can..

I can't decided on what's best for each class and which attachments make for the best setup so I've tried to unlock ALL of them.

Any suggestions? AR? LMG? etc..

Trust me tho, I already know the Carbine AK's + Engy is ultimate soldier mode lol

I try to stick with the weapon's specific to each class. Except for recon as I don't like sniping so that's my carbine class. I'm struggling with the PDW's, though. Banking on the UMP-45 and PDW-R being viable options as their better attributes suggest they hopefully should. Key is hip-fire as much as possible with them as their hip-fire is pretty much as accurate as ADS with a laser sight.

You can't go wrong with the majority of AR's, LMG's and carbines though. They're mostly all very solid one way or another.

As for attachments, have a look at symthic.com for the proper stats on what they add. Some have a huge benefits in one area but trade-off's in another you might want to be wary of (muzzle brake and heavy barrel for instance). A few just offer a solid improvement to a specific stat with no downsides.

Simply factually incorrect. They have the longest ranged damage model of any automatics, offer up to 200 bullets without having to reload, and are the only full auto's to supress in BF4.

Play to their strengths and they are highly viable.

Yeah, honestly I have most of my kills with LMGs. And I even use them in the way you're not supposed to, running and gunning. PKP and Type 88 are my two best weapons. Granted, I don't have nearly as many service stars as the rest of you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No they're not. At all. Much more usable than they were in BF3.

Indeed. Anyone saying LMG's are garbage haven't obviously played their strengths. LMG's are even more deadly this outing and they were pretty GDLK in BF3.

How long do you have to not shoot for before first-shot recoil returns to the gun?

That is to say, if I'm pulsing the trigger, sort of burst firing, am I get multiple hits of "first shot recoil"?

Milennia

How long do you have to not shoot for before first-shot recoil returns to the gun?

That is to say, if I'm pulsing the trigger, sort of burst firing, am I get multiple hits of "first shot recoil"?

Yes, if you burst fire or single shot, its always the first shot. Theres no cooldown or anything.

Indeed. Anyone saying LMG's are garbage haven't obviously played their strengths. LMG's are even more deadly this outing and they were pretty GDLK in BF3.
What would be the best to use an lmg? I have been using the m249 ( 800 rpm and 200 box) sometimes I do well using burst first. However I seem to do terrible using any other lmg, they feel too slow

LSAT with controlled bursts is a beast at mid-range. Fires a bit too slow to dominate up close but I've still racked up a pile of service stars with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any LMG is good. Even the PKP which is GODLY in damage but terrible in nearly everything else. It really depends on your feel and what you want. I loved the MG3 in BF3, for instance, but the other guns like the M249 and M240 were also good.

Bombless

What would be the best to use an lmg? I have been using the m249 ( 800 rpm and 200 box) sometimes I do well using burst first. However I seem to do terrible using any other lmg, they feel too slow

Go for the MG4 with compensator. It's the M249 with almost no horizontal recoil and you keep the rate of fire and 200 rounds box. It's just brutal.

Bombless

I love it when I'm carrying the MG4, getting shot at and firing back, then the shooter runs out of ammo and I'm all "Out already? I CAN DO THIS ALL DAY MOTHERFUCKER!" and I run towards the guy and mow him down.

Any LMG is good. Even the PKP which is GODLY in damage but terrible in nearly everything else. It really depends on your feel and what you want. I loved the MG3 in BF3, for instance, but the other guns like the M249 and M240 were also good.

Hmm just sometimes I feel like my bullets dont hit even tho I first open fire and my red dot is on them. Have you happen to anyone before?

Go for the MG4 with compensator. It's the M249 with almost no horizontal recoil and you keep the rate of fire and 200 rounds box. It's just brutal.

Just gotta grind during double XP events. Played a few arounds tonight with the MTAR, its a monster with a suppressor. fore grip and lasersight. It became my number one gun after tonight.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Love the AUG and the SAR.

Something about the look and feel. Watching the weapon breakdown videos on youtube ripping them apart... Ah well. They fit my playstyle. 2.0 games with lots of Objective points! suckittttt

Kibbles

BF4 for Xbone is $34.99 at Sam's Club. Was tempted to pick it up, but is pretty pointless considering I have it on PS4.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They really need to fix this invincible heli shit. I've taken to just trolling thm knocking them about th sky entire matches now to piss them off.

Hmm just sometimes I feel like my bullets dont hit even tho I first open fire and my red dot is on them. Have you happen to anyone before?

Just gotta grind during double XP events. Played a few arounds tonight with the MTAR, its a monster with a suppressor. fore grip and lasersight. It became my number one gun after tonight.

Mtar is a monster period. Used it for a day now and it just tears people apart. It rivals the top assault rifles in practicality.

I have no reason to go back to assault.

Milennia

Mtar is a monster period. Used it for a day now and it just tears people apart. It rivals the top assault rifles in practicality.

I have no reason to go back to assault.

Wait what... Practicality in what sense.. Unusable in mid to long range?
You wont out shoot a top assault rifle at anything other than short range with the tar unless the person shooting at you is either that terrible or doesn't know your there.
They dont even use it in proffesional domination matches and those are all close quarters. They just use the ACE and m4, in fact.. They don't even use it as a carbine, they use the ACE 52 as its arguably the heaviest kill mid range.

Reference (theres a million of these) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdspJhD1vac

Preemo

Banned
They really need to fix this invincible heli shit. I've taken to just trolling thm knocking them about th sky entire matches now to piss them off.

little birds and z11's with a crew are nothing new, however, the attack chopper needs a huge buff, that thing is a coffin. DICE is dumb.

Wait what... Practicality in what sense.. Unusable in mid to long range?
You wont out shoot a top assault rifle at anything other than short range with the tar unless the person shooting at you is either that terrible or doesn't know your there.
They dont even use it in proffesional domination matches and those are all close quarters. They just use the ACE and m4, in fact.. They don't even use it as a carbine, they use the ACE 52 as its arguably the heaviest kill mid range.

On the console range none of that matters. You can't really compensate much with analog sticks. I don't think you'll be facing against professional players. It's pointless to be thinking that unless you actually get together with people and do scrims against other teams. On consoles you can easily outshoot somebody with majority of players dangling with aim assist.

Milennia

On the console range none of that matters. You can't really compensate much with analog sticks. I don't think you'll be facing against professional players. It's pointless to be thinking that unless you actually get together with people and do scrims against other teams. On consoles you can easily outshoot somebody with majority of players dangling with aim assist.

I assumed you were speaking as though its a legitimate fact and not just under the assumption everyone you come in contact with is bad.

Its true you can succeed with anything in pubs, if thats what you mean, than sure.

Against someone decent it however is not the case, and i have been in the situation myself quite a few times.
I like the gun as its unique (and Imo superior to the p90).
Its odd that its even classified as a carbine in the game, considering its hip fire (bullpup) and ROF.
Its also extremely strong in rush and general corridors, as I'm quite sure at close range and running/gunning nothing outplays it.

This game is too costly to play professional. 120 fps rig for pc. Then there is all the time put into it. Playing like 8 hours a day is too much.

For average play the Mtar is pretty damn good for an all kit weapon. I'll just rocket people long range.

So... has there been any improvements in the past 2 weeks or so? Haven't touched the game as I got fed up with it being a waste of time. Not sure how many patches etc have hit in the time I have been away from the game.

PC.

Which platform?

PC. Edited post. My issues were random crashes to desktop(no pattern..just randomly happens), constantly getting errors joining servers, fps drops(constantly dropping from 60 to ~ 40fps).

Then the other shit like lag/rubber banding that everyone is getting.

Oh and I have SLI which was the decider in terms of me just giving up for a while. I see that's meant to be fixed now, for how long though.

theluma

Thinking of picking this up after Xmas for ps4. I know there are issues, but as a very casual player, has this improved to the point of being perfectly playable? Cheers

Ataxia

I hate sniping in this game. There's something weird about the bullet trajectory... like each round only starts to curve ~170m in. Plus the visual effect looks like a 'line' rather than a single 'bullet' which makes it hard as hell to see where it's going.

not sure if I'm gonna invest the time to get decent at it like BF3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom