• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does anyone ever get no hit detection on a player, yet the kill? Is it a bug or something? Ill be shooting a guy thinking "how the hell am I missing? My dot/crosshairs is on him.." then, he dies like I was shooting him the whole time..

I even got melee kills with a lack of animation. Like I'm about to get countered and I'm expecting it...then the guy just crumbles and I get a melee kill.

Also, achieving the bonuses from squad upgrades...all they only available via a commander? I have no clue how the field upgrade stuff works.

I assumed you were speaking as though its a legitimate fact and not just under the assumption everyone you come in contact with is bad.

Its true you can succeed with anything in pubs, if thats what you mean, than sure.

Against someone decent it however is not the case, and i have been in the situation myself quite a few times.
I like the gun as its unique (and Imo superior to the p90).
Its odd that its even classified as a carbine in the game, considering its hip fire (bullpup) and ROF.
Its also extremely strong in rush and general corridors, as I'm quite sure at close range and running/gunning nothing outplays it.
Yeah that's all I did for those matches. I won't even try to shoot long range with it.

zlatko

Banned
I got the game and have had so much fun. Haven't popped KZ Shadowfall on my PS4 since I got it.

1 issue and I'm guessing this has been discussed but...

Can you really not join into games together with a friend on your friends list together? Am I seriously going back to 2005/2006 ALA Gears of War 1 where I have to hop into a game and then pray my buddy can join, be on the same team, do the shuffle to get into a squad together, etc WITHOUT paying for Premium? I think my buddy said you have to have premium to do this.

If so, I'll play my BF4 until something else hits, but EA and DICE will never get my money again. This is flat out idiotic and highway robbery.

A MP game in the end of 2013 not letting me play together with buddies with ease? In a game ALL about team work? Wow. Bad enough Killzone has no in game voice chat to talk to strangers to coordinate team work, but this is even worse.

Oh and I have SLI which was the decider in terms of me just giving up for a while. I see that's meant to be fixed now, for how long though.
SLI is definitely still broken. Performing exactly the same as single card for me, and that's atrociously.
Game will only push my GPUs to about 40%, no care whatsoever that it's sitting there at about 45fps with dips to the teens.

I have also now given up on this game.

SLI is definitely still broken. Performing exactly the same as single card for me, and that's atrociously.
Game will only push my GPUs to about 40%, no care whatsoever that it's sitting there at about 45fps with dips to the teens.

I have also now given up on this game.

Crossfire appears to be fixed, that's odd that SLI wouldn't be.

I got the game and have had so much fun. Haven't popped KZ Shadowfall on my PS4 since I got it.

1 issue and I'm guessing this has been discussed but...

Can you really not join into games together with a friend on your friends list together? Am I seriously going back to 2005/2006 ALA Gears of War 1 where I have to hop into a game and then pray my buddy can join, be on the same team, do the shuffle to get into a squad together, etc WITHOUT paying for Premium? I think my buddy said you have to have premium to do this.

If so, I'll play my BF4 until something else hits, but EA and DICE will never get my money again. This is flat out idiotic and highway robbery.

A MP game in the end of 2013 not letting me play together with buddies with ease? In a game ALL about team work? Wow. Bad enough Killzone has no in game voice chat to talk to strangers to coordinate team work, but this is even worse.

it's not a premium feature. it just doesn't exist. DICE has struggled with how to handle this issue for a while now and people complain about every implementation.

zlatko

Banned
it's not a premium feature. it just doesn't exist. DICE has struggled with how to handle this issue for a while now and people complain about every implementation.

Ah okay.

I ran BF3 on my PC solo because no other friends had a rig, so I wasn't aware this issue was ongoing for each new release.

Have they said why this is an issue that is hard to tackle? It seems fairly simply to just take the group of players, put them in a game with half the population filled and sift them accordingly into squads as best as it can on the same team.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah okay.

I ran BF3 on my PC solo because no other friends had a rig, so I wasn't aware this issue was ongoing for each new release.

Have they said why this is an issue that is hard to tackle? It seems fairly simply to just take the group of players, put them in a game with half the population filled and sift them accordingly into squads as best as it can on the same team.

Because people will team switch or leave.

Happened in BC2 when they broke squads. Happened in BF3 when they broke friend squads.

Which would easily be solved if they removed stats, but alas...

People still team switch. We've seen it a lot last night actually. I think it all depends on how fast the match fills up. It feels much faster than BC2's match fill rate though. Last night we've actually drove away the the whole opposing team.

Last night I had sort of an interesting time. I had the best games I've had so far, and the worst.

The best games aren't very interesting, I just got more kills than usual and had a great time. I'm sort of new to battlefield and I think I might be just finding the right weapons/tactics for me.

In the worst game, there must have been terrible lag. I saw a guy move around the corner not to far away, and facing away from me and not moving much. Just sort of looking at the action going on up the road, waiting for a shot. Easy kill.

I unloaded on him and he just wasn't dying. The whole thing right into his gut. I had to reload. Then he just turns around and pops me, I'm dead. His health at 100. Sigh.

Happened more than once that game. Went back to normal next game.

TheSeks

People still team switch. We've seen it a lot last night actually. I think it all depends on how fast the match fills up. It feels much faster than BC2's match fill rate though. Last night we've actually drove away the the whole opposing team.

If KDR and Win/Loss went away, I think that would at least get people to stay and dick around even if they're losing.

As it is, not going to take a loss if I'm not playing with my friends. Not worth it.

zlatko

Banned
Because people will team switch or leave.

Happened in BC2 when they broke squads. Happened in BF3 when they broke friend squads.

Which would easily be solved if they removed stats, but alas...

Could this be solved via a playlist or two designated to people who play with friends? A Conquest and a TDM friends can join together edition? Sure it segments the community a little for the playlists, but at least I could get on the same team and squad with my buddy ASAP. :(

TheSeks

No, because again: People would just team switch to the winning team and auto-balance would try to fix it.

If Win/Loss didn't matter, people would still team-switch but auto-balance would correct it and people would just have to deal with losing or attempting to win while losing.

Whereas with the stats, they get a "OH NO YOU DIDIN'" effect and try teamswitching as hard and as fast as they can.

If KDR and Win/Loss went away, I think that would at least get people to stay and dick around even if they're losing.

As it is, not going to take a loss if I'm not playing with my friends. Not worth it.

I know what you mean there. But for me, I don't want to play with a team that is completely being dominated. There is a lot of people just playing maps with Little Birds to whore it for kills. I wouldn't mind if stats tracking went away in general.

Perhaps just remember your match results.

Kak.efes

Anybody having issues downloading China Rising (PS4) after you input your code? Tried earlier last week, and now again today with no luck. It asks me to select a version, and when I prompt it to download, it does nothing.

You just know it's some EA bullshit.

Rizific

what are you guys using for capturing footage? im looking for something that has less of an impact as fraps and preferably with smaller file sizes

Azulsky

So its a bunch or repairs to unlock UMP9

They should have let me unlock traffic cones to keep these tank driving asshats from backing up on me while repairing them.

Azulsky

Its a bigger pain than i thought it would be.

I also have now come to the realization that for assignments it wont even track the requirements unless you have the prereqs.

So i couldnt get carbine basic because I wasnt level 20 until this past weekend. Then when I got level 20 it started counting my ribbons. So while I have 60 carbine ribbons it thinks I only have 2 because thats when it started counting, meaning I have to get another 20 to get the carbine veteran because it wont start tracking until I have Carbine basic. To top it off I will have to get another 200 kills for Carbine veteran because it doesnt care that I currently have nearly 300 on the AK5C.

Compounded with the SLI failures I am seriously considering uninstalling.

Ocho

Why would I play if not for the epeen rewards?

I've been playing on PS4 as a medic (assault). I like it, but it's frustrating that nobody other than me revives anybody.

Makes me not want to play as a medic anymore.

TheSeks

Why would I play if not for the epeen rewards?

Faceless Master voice: FOR THE POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My voice: FOR THE TROLLINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Being able to C4 tanks without worrying about my KDR? Yes, I would.

A lot of time when I get revived I get immediately killed after. That's one of the biggest problem. Most people don't know when to revive. Another thing is usually you get revived after a firefight, so the person doing the reviving probably got marked on the radar for reviving, so the enemy is rushing towards that area. Thus, resulting in me getting shot after a revive.

Milennia

I've been playing on PS4 as a medic (assault). I like it, but it's frustrating that nobody other than me revives anybody.

Makes me not want to play as a medic anymore.

That just makes the issue worse.
Its the same for me, but i do it because somebody has to (and its fun).
Try combat medic if you haven't already... Works wonders and should net you enough revives to make up for those that aren't.

TheSeks

A lot of time when I get revived I get immediately killed after. That's one of the biggest problem. Most people don't know when to revive. Another thing is usually you get revived after a firefight, so the person doing the reviving probably got marked on the radar for reviving, so the enemy is rushing towards that area. Thus, resulting in me getting shot after a revive.

It's not that. It's the time to revive window being short + charging. I don't mind the charging mechanics, but if you're in the open you're as good as dead to me. Unless I have suppress fodder to get me there to charge up to 40-60 health and throw a quick medic bag down for you to get to 75% to stand up and rush your ass into cover, it isn't worth it to me.

Add in not being able to rush with the charging going on and yeah...

You can "store" charges, but that's just awkward and shouldn't have to be done for those people.

It's not that. It's the time to revive window being short + charging. I don't mind the charging mechanics, but if you're in the open you're as good as dead to me. Unless I have suppress fodder to get me there to charge up to 40-60 health and throw a quick medic bag down for you to get to 75% to stand up and rush your ass into cover, it isn't worth it to me.

You can "store" charges, but that's just awkward and shouldn't have to be done for those people.
Could go both ways. As a person getting revived I don't want to be killed right after and for the reviver the window is indeed too short. A lot of the time as soon as I throw down a medic pack and bring out the defib, the person already respawned. There is also a risk factor in doing this method.

I use to hunt people reviving down back then hahaha

TheSeks

Why are you throwing the kit before the revive?

The revive dance is:

Defib
Shock
Medikit
Run away.

Ahh Seks, talking shit about people team switching and your doing the same thing lol. If win/loss doesnt matter, why not just take the loss? I don't give a shit about my KDR or W/L, I play to have fun, win or lose.

Why are you throwing the kit before the revive?

The revive dance is:

Defib
Shock
Medikit
Run away.

The person who is revived runs away soon after. On consoles they definitely do. This way they get a bit of a heal in.

Even regular healing is a pain, people just runs away, even at low health.

TheSeks

Ahh Seks, talking shit about people team switching and your doing the same thing lol. If win/loss doesnt matter, why not just take the loss? I don't give a shit about my KDR or W/L, I play to have fun, win or lose.

WHOOSH.

Again: Remove stats and then people would stop caring.

he person who is revived runs away soon after. On consoles they definitely do. This way they get a bit of a heal in.

Not really. They get that heal in right as the revive accept window starts. At least that's the way it works on PC.

Milennia

Combat medic makes your charge time about 1 second for a 90-100.

TheSeks

LEVEL 3: DEFIB UPGRADE

...So, not really going to be able to be used in 90% of cases, then.

Milennia

LEVEL 3: DEFIB UPGRADE

...So, not really going to be able to be used in 90% of cases, then.

I don't understand... I get full field orders every game.
Squad revives and heals get me there in under 8 minutes.
Being a good medic means being a good medic. (Knowing how to be a good medic helps)
Your gun is also not useless. I cant count the amount of times i have seen a teamate go down and i rush to aid but first clear out the surrounding area before doing so.

TheSeks

Too often, I'm getting "FIELD UPGRADE SCORE LOST"s because people don't hang back in squads. To where the level 3-4 abilities aren't ever going to be reached. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this case. So it may upgrade revive speed, but it isn't really "relevant" to the discussion of revive windows and the general use.

Milennia

Too often, I'm getting "FIELD UPGRADE SCORE LOST"s because people don't hang back in squads. To where the level 3-4 abilities aren't ever going to be reached. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this case. So it may upgrade revive speed, but it isn't really "relevant" to the discussion of revive windows and the general use.

You yourself also need to die in order to lose the score, is that not the case? Don't die.
Good medics don't put themselves in danger while reviving...

If your in a rush to revive.. Don't be.
Focus on the surrounding area first, as logically, if you die to the person who killed the teammate your reviving, you either both die or you die.

If you play a good medic every game you will have your field orders by the time you die, i understand not everyone is a good medic or thinks logically when rushing to a revive, but its still something that is the case and is a probability for good medics.

About 60% of the time alone i could revive from behind a crate or from a decent range away, or even through walls. (Not recommended as most do this even if they are in danger or the person they are reviving is in danger)

Knowing the maps helps for sure as well.. More than anything else actually. For instance, if your teammate dies in the lower section of c-d 9 times out of 10 it wasn't a run and gun... That dude is still there, sitting in a corner and either healing/or backcapping from the stairs are thin corridor between c.

TheSeks

You're missing what I'm saying. I go to revive someone, after clearing the area. Revive them, they run off. I die.

REST OF SQUAD doesn't have a lick of self-preservation for the sake of squad points: Lose upgrade score.

It doesn't matter if I hang back or not, eventually that score upgrade will be lost. Which means the revive speed doesn't factor into "general use" equations.

Milennia

You're missing what I'm saying. I go to revive someone, after clearing the area. Revive them, they run off. I die.

REST OF SQUAD doesn't have a lick of self-preservation for the sake of squad points: Lose upgrade score.

It doesn't matter if I hang back or not, eventually that score upgrade will be lost. Which means the revive speed doesn't factor into "general use" equations.

Why do you die after your teammate runs off?

TheSeks

Why do you die after your teammate runs off?

Because I move to a different area with enemies around?

What am I going to do? Hang-back the entire match for the sake of having faster revive speed?

The squad perk system is a nice idea, but terrible in execution because people do not hang back to keep that squad-score.

Milennia

Because I move to a different area with enemies around?

What am I going to do? Hang-back the entire match for the sake of having faster revive speed?

The squad perk system is a nice idea, but terrible in execution because people do not hang back to keep that squad-score.

I understand k/d means nothing to some, and shouldn't. But your death matters in this game, running into an area simply because there are enemies around isn't exactly a logical choice. In such a situation, your just telling yourself that your going to get a few kills and hope to live?

I understand what your saying in terms of most players not being logical with their choices or simply get outplayed ,thus making the perk niche to most games. What I'm arguing is that as an informed player, you can do more than your teammates in such a case.

TheSeks

So, you're telling me to hang-back for the sake of squad score over the sake of the objective (note: Rush/Obliteration player) being armed?

See where the problem with the Squad perk system comes in?

People just use the squad system as a spawn system.

One minute you have a full squad, the next minute your alone...

People shouldn't be able to squad hop. Limit changing squads to after a spawn, that's how it use to be and it was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom