• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battelog Update

Bolded some interesting bits

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- When you use the Battlelog mobile or tablet app after this update, you will be presented with a EULA acceptance screen that we legally have to present to users of the app. Please read and accept the EULA to continue using the app.
- Second Assault content is now available on Battlelog to match the in-game experience. News on Second Assault will follow soon.

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Improved categorization of Dog Tags so they are better structured
- Better error message when trying to access BattleScreen on a server that has it disabled
- You can now see the number of Mission invites, and if none, number of Active Missions on Home in the Missions box
- You can now see the available keyboard controls on the Emblem Editor page
- Tweaks to the Suggestions algorithm to ensure that Battlepacks work better in the system
- Various minor tweaks and improvements

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue with duplicate servers sometimes appearing in the Server Browser
- Added missing Battlelog soldier portraits that were handed out in Battlepacks
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't equip campaign dog tags in the mobile app
- Best Class in Battle Reports are now showed as N/A if you got no kit score
- The report button for individual players in Battle Reports now shows up correctly in Firefox
- Fixed an issue in the opened Battlepack popup, where items would sometimes not be rendered in order
- Fixed an issue where you sometimes couldn't manually track Suggestions, when viewing them in the Stats pages
- Premium Calendar now show end dates for events, where applicable
- Fixed an issue with BattleScreen that made it not load when using it for Xbox One
- Fixed an issue with friends not always being shown in the "Playing Battlefield 4" category when actually playing in the in-game Battlelog on PS4 and XB1
- Various display issues fixed and improved with the in-game Battlelog on PC, XB1 and PS4

- Various minor fixes

2nd Assault next week most likely

Milennia

Battelog Update

Bolded some interesting bits

2nd Assault next week most likely

Yeah the 18th is pretty damn plausible.

Also finally they re categorized the dog tags... Just the other day i was searching around and saw some battlepack tags i was sure were new, yet apparently they have been around a while, just separated from the rest.

ALSO... I was killed by that improvised knife that nobody had the other day, even got a screenshot on PS4... So i guess it was a bugged unlock and people are finally starting to get it.

Also see the new knife on battlelog, the "boot" knife, they must have added that in when they fixed the improvised unlock.
Maybe i will finally end up getting it one of these days now.
Still haven't seen the boot knife in pubs yet, just in battlelog and the knife selection screen, same as the improvised before they fixed it or made it more common, maybe thats bugged now.

Any one else having issues on Xbox One the last couple of nights? Last night I had 7 instances where the game hung on the loading screen after getting into a game. I only ended up playing once... Fn brutal. The same thing happened on Sunday night as well.

Damn another week? They went ham with the XBone deal huh? >_<
To me it looks like they weren't even allowed to announce when Second Assault was coming to consoles other than the X1. That's some extreme money-hatting.

---

Got a 925m headshot last night. I'd be more proud but it was kind of bizarre. Playing Oblit, enjoying my sniper time on top of the tall building (CQ D) when some dude in their spawn snipes me. Well f that. Grab the 40x, spawn at our spawn and see his dorito in the distance. Can't see jack because it's really hazy for some reason. I'm 40x'd into a tan veneer and a tiny dorito and I neglected to include a way for gauging range. So I fire zero'd at 500m, way too sort. 1000m, way too high. two more shots and I dial it in to half a slash down and boom! headshot. No bodyshots and the guy was unperturbed by all my other misses. Kinda weird.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Unfortunately, all the extra baggage that comes with hardcore is not worth it. They should drop spotting entirely from the game.
No way, spotting is one of the best things about battlefield. It allows for somewhat coordinated team play even when no-one is mic'd.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
* Activate a XP boost *
* Choose Recon with T-UGS and Motion Sensor *
* Put the t-ugs in a chokepoint *
* Spam the motion sensor *

MANY XP

Don't even need that.

Assault:

Revive, Heal two-step unless no gunfire. Then charge up to 100/200x points and heal two-step

Support:

Resupply and grenade spam two-step.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Had a weird glitch last night where the central tower in lock down had collapsed but was not collapsed on my game. I kept running into invisible rubble not knowing what was going on and then my teammates started magically scaling the tower from the ground level and vanishing into the upper level. Wish I got video as it was pretty funny.

Milennia

So this month we're getting second assault, DMR, shotgun, and pistol unlocks, as well as one more 2XP weekend?

If your premium yes.
If not, there aren't any DMR/shotgun unlocks, 1 less double XP and second assault would be the first week of march, assuming we get it on the 18th for premium.

Ocho

If there's one thing i've seen over my years of gaming, is that there is a subset of french players that are literally God-tier at competitive games.

Could be, but it is probably hacks.

He piggybacks on my dominance.

That's not the only thing he piggybacks...

^

Most definitely a dick joke, but we were also playing dragon pass and everyone wanted the D.

No, Ocho wanted D the whole time and you finally gave it to him but he couldn't handle it and lost it. Than I brought him to D but he couldn't handle it and died but I took D for us.

I sure love some D. It's the best place to tank snipe. Unfortunately I couldn't hold it 1v8 (I know you expect me to always dominate but sometimes it's not possible).

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
---

Got a 925m headshot last night. I'd be more proud but it was kind of bizarre. Playing Oblit, enjoying my sniper time on top of the tall building (CQ D) when some dude in their spawn snipes me. Well f that. Grab the 40x, spawn at our spawn and see his dorito in the distance. Can't see jack because it's really hazy for some reason. I'm 40x'd into a tan veneer and a tiny dorito and I neglected to include a way for gauging range. So I fire zero'd at 500m, way too sort. 1000m, way too high. two more shots and I dial it in to half a slash down and boom! headshot. No bodyshots and the guy was unperturbed by all my other misses. Kinda weird.

Nice shot !

vixlar

Don't even need that.

Assault:

Revive, Heal two-step unless no gunfire. Then charge up to 100/200x points and heal two-step

Support:

Resupply and grenade spam two-step.

Yeah, pointwise I think is more effective to revive with 20 and heal. It gives you a lot of heal ribbons. I think the points you earn by charging the pads shouldn't be linear. Those points should scale, so if you revive at full health you would earn double points (and a revive ribbon)

JJD

Every time I feel like I'm a good player I join a server of unstoppable mass murderers with +2.0 K/D that just destroy me..
I'm sitting at a 1.4 K/D (yeah, not great) and a 661SPM and can usually crack the top 5 on a team, but even still I feel like I stink most of the time.

I think a lot of issue stems from an almost ADD like quality to my loadouts for every map and this nagging urge that I can't submit to conforming to the go to class/guns.
I see a lot of players round after round play the same class/gun...I instead have a class for every map. Dominated by Assualt and Engy for sure but Parcel Storm and the Dam are my Recon and Flood Zone and Operation Locker are my Support maps.
I got 9 class stars on Assualt and Engy, 6 on Recon, and only 4 on Support...
I think making Recon the only class who I allow to use Carbines now really helped get those 6, I'm lvl 99 and only have about 175 Sniper Rifle kills lol.

Oh course I got the generic top weapon list, ACE 23 tops the list with the AK-5C at second...then number 3 is the PKP lol.
I abandoned the ACE tho, new focus is the L85/AUG/AEK which I alternate with every round.
Since forcing myself to keep Carbines off the Engineer Ive come around to the MP7 and PDW as my favorites on that class.
Still in a love affair with the PKP..thinking MG4 will be my next try (if you ever see me strap a Carbine on my Support class..shame me for being a birch)
And for Recon Ive tried dropping the 5C and 52CQB for the ACR..

I know playing like this puts me at a disadvantage with 99% of the playerbase..dropping the LMG and PDW would translate in far better scores/KD I'm sure..

So please don't get to angry with me if we play together and you see me getting smashed by the opposition lol.

We played together some days ago, lost 2 games and won another 2. I had fun in those games, even the ones we lost (except Locker! I was pissed our shitty team couldn't hold C for long after GAF squad captured it and went to defend the outside lane).

I don't really remember player standings on the scoreboard or K/D on those games but every time I checked to see how I was doing you were close or above me. I'm am mostly an PTFO infantry player with 3.0 K/D, around 400 to 450 Skill and 1000 to 900 SPM without using those multipliers (but I do try to play on those 2X XP days).

I thought to myself I was lucky to have some gaffers playing at my side or our team would be completely spawn trapped in every single match (like we were on that Locker game eventually).

You were doing good on those games IMO. No one on our team was doing their job except us and another squad with 3 clan players, that's less than 10 people on a 32 player team. We can't carry the whole team every single game. Don't worry too much about your stats. If you go after objectives hard like we did on those games you will die a lot.

Oh, dumb prediction for Naval Strike. Seeing as the main game revolves around the gunship, CR around the bomber, I predict Naval Strike will have some kind of battleship artillery or strafing run on the shore dealio going on.

Erban1

Every time I feel like I'm a good player I join a server of unstoppable mass murderers with +2.0 K/D that just destroy me..
I'm sitting at a 1.4 K/D (yeah, not great) and a 661SPM and can usually crack the top 5 on a team, but even still I feel like I stink most of the time.

I think a lot of issue stems from an almost ADD like quality to my loadouts for every map and this nagging urge that I can't submit to conforming to the go to class/guns.
I see a lot of players round after round play the same class/gun...I instead have a class for every map. Dominated by Assualt and Engy for sure but Parcel Storm and the Dam are my Recon and Flood Zone and Operation Locker are my Support maps.
I got 9 class stars on Assualt and Engy, 6 on Recon, and only 4 on Support...
I think making Recon the only class who I allow to use Carbines now really helped get those 6, I'm lvl 99 and only have about 175 Sniper Rifle kills lol.

Oh course I got the generic top weapon list, ACE 23 tops the list with the AK-5C at second...then number 3 is the PKP lol.
I abandoned the ACE tho, new focus is the L85/AUG/AEK which I alternate with every round.
Since forcing myself to keep Carbines off the Engineer Ive come around to the MP7 and PDW as my favorites on that class.
Still in a love affair with the PKP..thinking MG4 will be my next try (if you ever see me strap a Carbine on my Support class..shame me for being a birch)
And for Recon Ive tried dropping the 5C and 52CQB for the ACR..

I know playing like this puts me at a disadvantage with 99% of the playerbase..dropping the LMG and PDW would translate in far better scores/KD I'm sure..

So please don't get to angry with me if we play together and you see me getting smashed by the opposition lol.

Every time we've played together you've been top 3 on our team, I think of the 8 or 9 conquest matches we played Friday night and Saturday we never lost, and averaged around 300 or greater tickets remaining at the end of the round. Whatever you're doing seems to be working bro

what a joke

Lead Core Gameplay Designer
VAK4AcS.png

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Well he does say game modes isn't his area. But yeah, the leeway that DICE has on quips I suppose is a bit shorter than normal these days.

mitchman

Gold Member
My fellow GAFers (Che & co), sorry for not accepting the party request, but I have no mic right now. I'll order one, I promise!

Smidget

Just bought premium. What should I see when I login today and input the code? Anything special or just waiting for map packs at this point?

Overdoziz

Banned
When I did this yesterday there was an invisible barrier that wouldn't let me through the hole after I shot it.
Did you start climbing up before the hatch was completely open? Because if you do that you wont be able to climb up. You gotta come down from the ladder and then climb back up again.

TheSeks

Well he does say game modes isn't his area. But yeah, the leeway that DICE has on quips I suppose is a bit shorter than normal these days.

well yeah, DICE is probably a 500 people studio already. Demize just works with basic gunplay components i guess :p

I would seriously hope that's joking from him about it decreasing tickets on spawn in Conquest since that's how it's supposed to work + bleed.

I'd be more outraged, but that's the way the game should work.

Right. But if it's really serious about "game modes aren't my specialty" (I'm hoping that's sarcasm) then good lord... explains Rush's map design.

Also see the new knife on battlelog, the "boot" knife, they must have added that in when they fixed the improvised unlock.
Maybe i will finally end up getting it one of these days now.
Still haven't seen the boot knife in pubs yet, just in battlelog and the knife selection screen, same as the improvised before they fixed it or made it more common, maybe thats bugged now.

I have the boot knife from a battlepack on Sunday. That and the Navy Seal Knife were just added with that last patch I think.

Bombless

Finally unlocked the SRR-61, thanks to a guy sniping prone from the helicarrier on Paracel. Took me a couple shots to zero him in and the idiot didn't even move on the first shot that hit.

Time to see what the Intervention is all about.

XBOX WON

Banned
to those who played both battlefield 4 and killzone : shadow fall ,, in terms of movement

speed ( character movement to be exact,, both sprinting and walking ) ,, which game do

you think is faster ?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
to those who played both battlefield 4 and killzone : shadow fall ,, in terms of movement

speed ( character movement to be exact,, both sprinting and walking ) ,, which game do

you think is faster ?

Battlefield easily. I played quite a bit of Shadow Fall's multiplayer. At least Battlefield's sprinting is faster. Walking may be a toss-up.

TheMan

this is a massive thread so forgive me if this has been answered already- is this game playable on ps4 now? i might be picking it up in a few weeks if so.

this is a massive thread so forgive me if this has been answered already- is this game playable on ps4 now? i might be picking it up in a few weeks if so.

Multi seems fine to me, I started playing about 10 days ago. But I did get 2 errors that booted me out to the PS4 menu two days ago. Those were the only errors I've gotten in 17 hours of gameplay.

Milennia

What is playable for you? I have been playing it since launch.
Tell me what you don't want to experience and i will tell you if its still a thing.

A part of me wants to say, "Dude, fuck yeah buy it it's fucking awesome, wat?"; another part thinks the smart move would actually be to just wait until all the DLC is out, buy it on the cheap, and experience what will at that point be the "finished" game (in theory). Thread title is rather accurate and hardly a joke as it turns out.

That said, fuck yeah man. It's solid. I play all the time. Just has shitty issues like every other fucking game ever blah blah balance, crashing, bugs, etc. It's more than tolerable.
Usually.

Edit: ^ That's a pretty incredible post, Dr Prob. I enjoyed it.

Maddocks

I really should be using the mines more...but having a repair tool on hand is way too valuable :(

Sadly for me that's the opposite. If I have a repair tool no one sticks around to get repaired, like me helping them is going to give them cancer. Then I have no slams while vehicles are running rampant.

So now I just rock slams and never look back, unless a squad mate asks me to be the repair mule.

Anyone got any idea why my clan tags might suddenly change completely? It's bizarre. Used to be [ULGS] and now it's [MWLP]. I don't know how I could change it manually if I wanted to, I've had it since...BF3 I suppose.

guilin peaks is such a great map

I've really enjoyed it the few times I've been on since CR came out.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I still can't get over that going underwater still looks awful on Siege of Shanghai (after the skyscraper destruction). I remember seeing it in the PS3 beta and thinking "Whelp, beta!"

Oh ho ho...

TheSeks

Eh... why wouldn't it look awful? Building collapsed, dust and asbestos and all that are in the water now.

So much packetloss. OMG. Fix this DICE. It wasn't this bad on PC launch. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom