• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
iirc in BF3 wasn't it 15 seconds after death...or instant if unrecoverable, like vehicle explosion...

Right, but he's saying on spawn: Which makes sense. If you're spawning, you're going to lose a ticket as a consequence to spawning. Just like BF3 and earlier. Maybe you're saying BF3 had it to where if you revived it didn't lose that ticket or it didn't lose that ticket for 15 seconds after spawning, but it's the same as BF4's.

Kabuto

fuck this game until they balance the guns and netcode. Why put blog posts a month ahead of when you're going to release a balance patch? Today was the worst day I've ever had with this game. Every domination and TDM game had half the other team full of clan members, input lag every game, and being MVP on my team by going 10-15. /rant over

scogoth

fuck this game until they balance the guns and netcode. Why put blog posts a month ahead of when you're going to release a balance patch? Today was the worst day I've ever had with this game. Every domination and TDM game had half the other team full of clan members, input lag every game, and being MVP on my team by going 10-15. /rant over

see gif

ibloTco16rUAzo.gif

Who doesn't like getting one shot killed by a U-100 or an SAR-21. Let's not forget the fan favorite feature of getting killed around corners!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Eh... why wouldn't it look awful? Building collapsed, dust and asbestos and all that are in the water now.

Awful as in there is pretty much no texture on the seafloor and the lighting and screen effects for underwater are all messed up/gone. It looks like it's missing assets. I'll take a screenshot next time I play to demonstrate.

Who doesn't like getting one shot killed by a U-100 or an SAR-21. Let's not forget the fan favorite feature of getting killed around corners!

To be fair, you probably benefit from this, too. If I see someone about to turn a corner, I fire off a few shots and often I'll get the kill notice after he should have been safe. I think it's ridiculous that I sometimes just fire randomly at a distant triangle and get a kill shot.

To be fair, you probably benefit from this, too. If I see someone about to turn a corner, I fire off a few shots and often I'll get the kill notice after he should have been safe. I think it's ridiculous that I sometimes just fire randomly at a distant triangle and get a kill shot.

Definitely. Sucks for both sides.

Anyone have tips on attachments for each weapon type?
Best set-up for the AR, LMG, and Carbine?

Or at least some kinda "Attachments for Dummies" explanation on the muzzled, barrels, stocks, grips etc..?
Tips on High ROF guns like the AEK or FAMAS?

Some multiple examples of your great builds on multiple guns would be great, I tend to switch guns/classes every round so more then 1 or 2 would be idea.

Plus, what's up with Staff Shells? I see most people use them but I can't figure how they are better then a HMG mowing down troops.
Also, I see thermal > zoom for some?

I know for a fact I never hip-fire, ADS is an addiction I can't break..even when I panic shoot I ADS first :/
When I use a PDW tho I tend to hip fire, part of me sees the little gun to be good for that, everything else and I'm conditioned to ADS every time like an unbreakable habit.

Facism

hahaha.

This guy grabbed me from the side whilst i was firing at someone completely unrelated. Started to spam F to counter knife but it wasn't working and thought "fuck."

Half a second later he's laying on the floor, dead. Apparently i shot him about a second ago before he even ran up to me. He wasn't even in my FOV at any time before it happened.

deadlast

Getting killed by people with Zero health is maddening. I don't mind it happening every once in awhile, but the amount of times it was happening last night was kind of a joke.

Rey

Had a lot of fun with Dom and other GAFers and Supagazi last night on PS4. We did experience a lot of lag and a couple of crashes. Between the 3 of us the game crashed 5 times to home screen.

Omni

Getting killed by people with Zero health is maddening. I don't mind it happening every once in awhile, but the amount of times it was happening last night was kind of a joke.

Last patch screwed it all up. Nearly every one of my deaths on 360 has the player on "0" health these days.

Easier to just ignore it. iirc more times than not they don't actually have 0 health. It's just the indicator

Just went on an arming streak in Rush! I armed one MCOM in each set, sometimes both, for 5 maps straight. My squad of randoms and I dominated the other team; it was nice seeing the enemy roster drop from a full team to 3-4 players after each match. Silenced AK5C + Radio Beacon is such a great combo.

On the last set on Shanghai, I commanded my squad to arm B as I parachuted down to A (I died arming A on the previous set and spawned in a friendly chopper), we armed simultaneously and the match was over in a flash! Wish I had remembered to hit the share button and record the awesomeness.

I know for a fact I never hip-fire, ADS is an addiction I can't break..even when I panic shoot I ADS first :/

Can't not ADS at this stage. It's quite annoying because I use shotguns >80% of the time. -.- Getting killed because of that slight delay is really frustrating - why couldn't I just pull the trigger!?

Anyone got any idea why my clan tags might suddenly change completely? It's bizarre. Used to be [ULGS] and now it's [MWLP]. I don't know how I could change it manually if I wanted to, I've had it since...BF3 I suppose.

Sorry to self-quote but seriously, anyone know why this happened? Edit: I have at least found the place to change it: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/profile/edit/edit-soldiers/

Pretty schweet. Confirms a lot of the irregularities I was seeing.

Anyone got any idea why my clan tags might suddenly change completely? It's bizarre. Used to be [ULGS] and now it's [MWLP]. I don't know how I could change it manually if I wanted to, I've had it since...BF3 I suppose.

probably rolling out the Platoon stuff or something, you can change it on Settings - Soldiers - TAG.

Last patch screwed it all up. Nearly every one of my deaths on 360 has the player on "0" health these days.

Easier to just ignore it. iirc more times than not they don't actually have 0 health. It's just the indicator

This is correct. It's frustrating, but I don't believe the player ever actually has 0 health.

I've found many times that I'll encounter a player that in an area that he likely would have full health upon our encounter. We'll both shoot, and I'll die and the game will report he'll have 0 health. Then in the killcam, he'll fight someone else, and I'll get the kill assist and you can see how much damange you actually did.

It happened to me a few times last night after unloading on the guys... Frustrating isn't the word for it. :/

The dog tags and knives all come inside battlepacks too, which is hilarious because you're like "ooh new battlepack" and then you see it's a Premium battlepack and you go "oh dog tags this will be useless."

just like all battlepacks amirite

tell me about it man, getting dat golden pack and the "ADVANCED" or "RARE" items are battlelog emblems.... i mean... shapes that you can use... not even player portraits or camos but shapes for the emblem editor.

How are those more advanced than weapon camos or knives?! :E

damac

Banned
Am I nuts or did they introduce more problems with the last 2 patches for pc?

First one my keys aren't reacting correctly all the time and hit detection got very bad. Like a clip in a guys back bad.

The last patch I tried mantle, beta drivers with directx, and now cleaned up with previous stable amd drivers and my graphic performance is terrible. I am getting constant framerate drops with vsync.

I have been playing since launch and been really lucky as far as client side crashes and great graphical performance 1080p with ultra settings. Only time I ever noticed framerates drops is explosions, but never getting in the way during the heat of battle.

I even tried dropping settings down to medium and no change. Its very annoying and making it much less fun to play.

On my end if its true they are launching assault after saying they would fix the game first, I think we are in big trouble :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Every patch always has fixes and new bugs, which is what happens when you have to hotfix the game.

I expect a huge patch before 2nd Assault.

Every patch always has fixes and new bugs, which is what happens when you have to hotfix the game.

I expect a huge patch before 2nd Assault.

the patches have fixed some issues for me on the PS4 too, but the latest brought back crashes to PS4 XMB :p Havent had those since launch version i think.

you will get a huge patch 2 weeks AFTER Second Assault

DICE is trolling me. Since the latest battlelog patch, CQ Large now reads as just CQ and you can't search for CQ and CQ Large seperately on the battlelog browser.

As if all my inquiries on twitter being irnored weren't bad enough.

TheSeks

what's the difference between Large and normal?

More players ("Conquest" is 32-player/last Gen, 3-flag Babby mode; "Large" is 64-players/true Conquest), more flags (the way Conquest should be: 5 or more)

TheSeks

Another gold Battlepack...
KCSeU4L.png

I guess I'll try to SLAM or RPG someone this weekend to contribute and while staying out of vehicles for the sake of my life.

Facism

More players ("Conquest" is 32-player/last Gen, 3-flag Babby mode; "Large" is 64-players/true Conquest), more flags (the way Conquest should be: 5 or more)

not strictly the case. CQ large is just the full map, regardless of playercount. I only play 32p CQ large.

turnbuckle

Wish there was a way to convert all these 25% XP boosters into something else. Like trade in 5 25% XP boosters for a 100% XP Booster; Trade in 3 50% XP boosters for a 100% booster; Trade in 3 100% XP boosters for a 200% booster. etc etc.

Nearing the level cap and I have over 40 25% boosters that are all but worthless. 200% would be worthless too, but at least it'd be nice to use those whenever the level caps are raised. 25% is nothing. It's spam.

tell me about it man, getting dat golden pack and the "ADVANCED" or "RARE" items are battlelog emblems.... i mean... shapes that you can use... not even player portraits or camos but shapes for the emblem editor.

How are those more advanced than weapon camos or knives?! :E

lmao yeah

got a "rare" item in my last pack, literally called "line" for emblems. Line. It's a line. Like this: |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom