• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 : Console Matchup

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
qohkzd.jpg

k48a3l.jpg

All classes
Primary: M1A1 (Thompson SMG), 870MCS, S20K, SPAS12, T194, USAS12, NS2000, SPAS15, M1 Garand, G3, M14 MOD 0 Enhanced
Secondary: M9, M1911, MP443, MP412, TRCR-4 (Tracer Dart), M93R,
Perk 1: Increased Sprint Speed, Double Ammo, Double Explosives/Rockets, Double Grenades/Underbarrel Ammo, Higher Accuracy Sabot Rounds (Shotguns)
Perk 2: Ceramic Plating, Marksman Bullets, Explosive Damage Upgrade,, Increased Capacity (Shotguns)
Vehicle Perk: Sensors, Armor, Stronger Ammo, Faster Reloads, Smokescreen, Optics Upgrade, Coaxial Gun
Special: Knife, Grenade

Class: Assault
Primary: AEK-971, XM8, F2000, AUG, AN94, M416, M16
Gadget 1: Underbarrel Grenade Launcher, Underbarrel Smoke Grenade Launcher, Underbarrel Shotgun, *C4* (C4 Only when the M1A1 [all 'all kit' weapons?] or Shotguns are Primary)
Gadget 2: Ammo Pack
Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope
Perk 2: Grip

Class: Engineer
Primary: 9A91, SCAR-L, XM8C, AKS74U, UZI, PP2000, UMP45
Gadget 1: RPG-7, M2CG, M136, Anti-Tank Mines
Gadget 2: Repair Tool
Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope
Perk 2: Accurized Silencer

Class: Medic
Primary: PKM, M249, QJY88, M60, XM8LMG, MG36, MG3
Gadget 1: Defibrillator
Gadget 2: Health Pack
Perk 1: ACOG, 4x Scope, Health Pack Speed Upgrade
Perk 2: Health Pack Range Upgrade, More Accurate Barrel

Class: Recon
Primary: M24, QBY88, SV98, SVU, GOL, VSS, M95
Gadget 1: Sensor Ball
Gadget 2: C4, Mortar Strike
Perk 1: 4x Scope, 12x Scope, ACOG
Perk 2: Auto Spotter

specs.png

2cprdar.jpg

Land:
24g2f69.jpg
142v9na.jpg
24brcxd.jpg
iw7rrd.jpg

8we909.jpg
sbpoh2.jpg
974lld.jpg
2lxt1zp.jpg

Air:
apow1.jpg
2s7x5kx.jpg

dcsnwx.jpg
23uw9.jpg

Water:
258z88j.jpg
rlxe6t.jpg

6xu3go.jpg

Conquest
Conquest focuses on the capture and control of flags; once a team captures a control point, its members can re-spawn in the area.
When a team loses control of all their flags or control points, they cannot re-spawn.

Rush
The "Gold Rush" mode from the original Bad Company is now known asas "Rush".
The format is similar in that an attacking team must detonate explosives on a defending team's crates.
The attacking team succeeds by eliminating all the crates on the map, and the defending team succeeds
if the attackers are not able to eliminate the crates in the active area before their tickets are depleted

Squad Rush
Squad Rush puts a squad of four players versus another squad of four players for a max of eight player matches
in this intense one crate/two base infantry only version of the Rush gamemode.

How To Access "Squad Rush" at Launch :

North America: All customers that pre-order from GameStop (local retail store or website) on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
will have an Exclusive Access* for 30 days to play the "Squad Rush" gamemode and any friends they bring with them.
This means you can always play with your friends if you have the Exclusive Access*

*This game mode would be automatically unlocked for everyone after 30 days.

Rest of The World: No Exclusive Access, as this mode would be unlocked day 1 at no extra cost and you can also invite
any of your American buddies to play as well.

Squad Deatmatch
Two teams 4 squads each, only one vehicle per map. The first squad to reach 50 kills, wins the match.

Squad Stories 1
Squad Stories 2

4j6s1h.jpg

Port Valdez
1owzmw.jpg

Arica Harbor
ohod39.jpg

Panama Canal
2hd5zeb.jpg

Valparaiso

Atacama Desert

Laguna Presa
ay0p68_th.jpg

White Pass
Laguna Alta (Footage starts at 0:56)
Nelson Bay

20zbuhf.jpg

EA Press release:
Two new multiplayer maps for Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 will be unlocked on March 2nd when the game launches in North America and in the UK on March 5th.
This map pack features the Laguna Alta map playable in Conquest mode and Nelson Bay map playable in Rush mode, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps up to 10.
Later in March, DICE will release yet another map pack at no extra charge, giving players a chance to experience the Arica Harbor map in Conquest mode and Laguna Presa map in Rush mode.
Available in the box, the content packs are unlocked by simply inputting a VIP code.

Map Pack footage

34iiwdh.jpg

Feel free to post your own advices!

• Play 'for and with' the team. No 'Ramboes' here.
  • Learn to pilot the helicopters. They are valuable assets of your army.
  • Spot. Its useful for your team and you earn some 'free' points. (Select on PS3,Q on PC)
  • Take care of your vehicles.
  • Press select/Q over your buddies to ask for help.
  • The engineer repair tool can destroy enemy vehicles and kill soldiers.
  • You can plant C4 on all vehicles.
  • Select War Tapes on sound options.
  • How Not to be a Noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2 by pixelenemy.com
  • Do you want a kickass signature with your stats? Click here

How Not to be a Noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2 by PixelEnemy.com

Have fun!

Thanks to:
NeoGAF : For being awesome.
DICE : For making a kickass game.
The Faceless Master: For your MP maps post.
WuselDusel : For the screenshots.

mrwilt

Awesome post Fersis! Why are you on fire? :D

Advice: Revive! Revive! Revive!

PSN: mrwilt

Preordered and ready to go go go!

XBL: brlvgthrchmstry

Brrrring it!!!

Tip: if you're assault and a teammate is trying to get your attention (knifing you, blocking your fov, etc.) Please show some love and share that lovely ammo. CONTRIBUTE!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Once a week i will be updating the OP with your war advices.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This thread is the king.
Learn to pilot the helicopters. They are valuable assets of your army.
This makes me want to curl up like a ball :( I'm so embarrassed and every single time I want to practice it alone, some other guy joins me. I always jump out then.

I once managed to be alone and oh my god, the shit flew left and right and it took less than 5 seconds for me to blow up ;_;

I don't want that to be a requirement!!!

abuC

Yoshichan said:
This thread is the king.
This makes me want to curl up like a ball :( I'm so embarrassed and every single time I want to practice it alone, some other guy joins me. I always jump out then.

I once managed to be alone and oh my god, the shit flew left and right and it took less than 5 seconds for me to blow up ;_;

Change the air controls to BC1, it simplifies things by moving ascend/descend to the left stick.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
abuC said:
Change the air controls to BC1, it simplifies things by moving ascend/descend to the left stick.
Wow if true, thanks a lot!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
XBL - dskillzhtown Feel free to add me.

I am looking for peeps to play hardcore like. I want to play this game nightly and become godly at it.

though I suckass

Arol

I tend to play at varying times so I can't play consistently with my own friends so please add me!

I also have a bluetooth but I notice a lot of people tend to be mic shy. At least playing the PS3 Demo.

PSN: Arolisci

I'll add everyone else that has posted so far.

reetva

Banned
PSN: reetva123

I tend to play an aggressive Medic, though occasionally I'll go Recon on defense if I think it will help. And remember to balance squads if possible, two medics on offense can really help out at key moments.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Good op fersis. The newb video is gold, should be mandatory viewing. Now I must figure out how to pilot the choppa.

Psn: RbBrdMan

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Assembly Required said:
Tip: if you're assault and a teammate is trying to get your attention (knifing you, blocking your fov, etc.) Please show some love and share that lovely ammo. CONTRIBUTE!
Instead of blocking hiss way/knifing him/jumping up and down in front of him, you can just put the cross hair on him and press "select" once or many times (your guy would then beg the other guy for ammo :lol) until he gives you ammo!

PSN: FoxGirl - GMT (think I'm full though - deleted a few people that I never play with so I might have maybe 2 or 3 spaces left)

Yoshichan said:
This thread is the king.

It took me 10 minutes to learn how to pilot that thing. I had Dellrizla's help, and he's an awesome pilot.

Inanna said:
Instead of blocking hiss way/knifing him/jumping up and down in front of him, you can just put the cross hair on him and press "select" once or many times (your guy would then beg the other guy for ammo :lol) until he gives you ammo!
well, usually the blocking/stabbing/jumping happens after pressing back/select several times with them not noticing that i am talking to them.
It took me 10 minutes to learn how to pilot that thing. I had Dellrizla's help, and he's an awesome pilot.
the choppers take some concentration to fly, and they don't seem to move laterally as well as they did in BC1. i can fly well enough to not crash, which is better than the average bear!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I forgot to mention in my previous post when I am online.

My frequent play hours are between 6pm - 9pm EST. If you send me a FR just make sure to put teh NeoGAF somewhere in the message box.

Fersis, if you PSN is the same as your GAF UN, I broke the cardinal rule and didn't identify myself in the text box. The kids were bugging me and I accidentally sent the FR before typing anything. I know ones like those go in the trash when I get them. Please don't throw me away.. :D

9 moar days!! After viewing some of those maps I'm bouncing off the walls here. Going to get insane. If we get a GAF squad together that communicates we will be unstoppable.

Inanna said:
Instead of blocking hiss way/knifing him/jumping up and down in front of him, you can just put the cross hair on him and press "select" once or many times (your guy would then beg the other guy for ammo:lol

when playing with randoms, hitting "select" hardly works (if ever). Most of them ignore 'request' for ammo. Same goes for medics. Obviously this isn't a problem when you're in a squad, especially we a group of people you actually know.

Yes, its an intrusive tactic but if people played their roles this wouldn't be a problem. Those flashing depleted ammo or health icons aren't a fashion statement!

Not to be completely negative, sometimes I do join a server where everyone works together. Good times.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Denogginizer OS - XBL
Denogginizer - PC

I will be on most evenings. I am a team player, don't care about k/d, always try to revive, always try to repair, and I fucking kill it in a tank. You really don't want to be on the other side when I am in a tank. Seriously.

Even if a tank is about to explode and you don't have an engineer nearby, KEEP FIGHTING!! Do NOT get out and let the other team take your tank and repair it. And if you are a sniper on my team, you better be godly. Otherwise, I will not play with you. I do not want MW2 shitheels on my team

DenogginizerOS said:
Denogginizer OS - XBL
Denogginizer - PC

I will be on most evenings. I am a team player, don't care about k/d, always try to revive, always try to repair, and I fucking kill it in a tank. You really don't want to be on the other side when I am in a tank. Seriously.

Even if a tank is about to explode and you don't have an engineer nearby, KEEP FIGHTING!! Do NOT get out and let the other team take your tank and repair it. And if you are a sniper on my team, you better be godly. Otherwise, I will not play with you. I do not want MW2 shitheels on my team
oh god this. captain always goes down with his ship, etc... hell, sometimes i've gone on streaks with a low health tank precisely because the enemy waited for me to bail out and i didn't.

DenogginizerOS said:
THIS IS PERFECT! Nice find Faceless!
i didn't find it, someone posted it in the BC2 Demo thread

Menelaus

Banned
Some of you guys on XBL may not know this, but if you go here and log in with your LiveID, you can add friends from the web. Makes it a shitton easier.

The Faceless Master said:
oh god this. captain always goes down with his ship, etc... hell, sometimes i've gone on streaks with a low health tank precisely because the enemy waited for me to bail out and i didn't.

Or you could jump out, let them take it and blow it up!

Enjoying the hell out of this demo. Just need to find the game for a decent price price now, here's hoping for a release week £35 offer.

Gamertag: Massive Nights

EDIT. GMT

sk3tch

:lol Awesome Fersis...thanks for my "appearance" in the OT. :)

Likely only going to be doing this on 360...still debating PS3 since Amazon won't let you get two $20 GCs. :(

EDIT: ah hell...I think I am going to double-dip after all! 360/PS3.

GAF: sk3tch
XBL: sk3tchcom
PSN: sk3tchcom

blahness

XBL GT: blahness

I mostly play engineer or medic, spots always, and will talk over the mic. I am on east coast time and play usually in the evening from 9pm on.

Pennybags

XBL: Gluon Gunner
EST

I usually play Engineer and Medic.

MINOR TIP:
The UAV's missile strike can often bring the finishing touch on damaged buildings.

Top Bottom