• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 meetup thread

epmode

epmode | epmode | epmode

Does anyone know why I'm not able to add the GAF server to my favorites list? I get a neverending WAITING FOR DATA message, even though I'm actually able to join. I can add other servers with no problems.

Also: I can't equip a medkit even though I've apparently unlocked it. Seems like another server bug but I can't be sure. It doesn't appear in my loadout even though it shows up in the Gadgets list.

medkit should be automatically in your kit. i dont' think you can equip or dequip it.

if you can't use it at all... well then something's wrong.

epmode

Looks like I just needed to unlock it the normal way, even though the Veteran site had already given me enough XP to have it from the start.

Once I got the required XP, an unlock message appeared and I was able to select it by pressing 4 (although it still doesn't show up in my loadout screen).

I'm still unable to Favorite the GAF server and it doesn't show up in my history tab.

JoeFu

Banned
Hey add me! I need to learn how to play the game though. Haven't played a BF game in a long time, and when I did it was only at a friends house.

JoeFu | JoeFu| Joefu12

Burger

I just purchased this blind, I loved BF2, so I'll try and get good quick!

Burger NZ | Burger | Burger

Façade

Neo Member
Soldier Name | GAF name | Steam ID | Location
milesfacade | façade | milesfaçade | EU

EA's prejudice against the cedilla makes me sad.

Affinity

Is anyone having problems with friend requests? A buddy said he added me, but I didn't get it. Also tried adding him and no dice. I've confirmed it has worked through squad menu, but not through search :(

sk3tch

sk3tch | sk3tch | sk3tchcom

I play mostly the 360 version, then the PS3 version...but I have the PC version to play with friends from time to time and will hop on if you guys give me notice.

Thanks!

mbmonk

Just a fair warning if you play on the GAF server please don't do the "squat to T bag" to someone. It's pretty low class, and we would like to keep the server a level above that if possible, so please refrain.

Also there are at least 2 other admins besides myself. They can kick/ban for whatever reason they choose. I don't attempt to answer for their actions. If you do something that pisses them off and they kick/ban you, I am sorry. The other admin made a judgement call, and that is his call to make so that is how the cookie is going to crumble.

That being said 99.99% of gaffers have been awesome and I have had a great time playing with all of you. People have been joining squads and playing as a squad/team and I just want to thank you for that. It makes the money and the effort to run the server well worth it and at the end of the day it's all about the people who play on the server not the server itself. So thanks to all the regulars for how you play and handle yourselves.

Please wear your GAF tags. When an admin wants to play on the server but the server is full we are going to look for these things in this order to determine who gets kicked :( :
1) Anyone who isn't wearing a GAF clan tag
2) Anyone who isn't in a squad
3) Anyone who just joined the server
4) Anyone one who is in a squad by themselves when they could be in another squad with people ( basically lone wolves).
NOTE: The other admins don't read GAF so they have no clue who is GAF and who isn't w/o the clan tags.

So for example a player is not wearing the GAF tag AND isn't in a squad (lone wolfing it), and just joined the server. That player is going to be a prime candidate to be kicked to make room for an admin.

Thanks

mbmonk

Would someone try this out and let me know if it works:

For those trying to add the GAF server to their favorites. I think you could just modify your gamesettings.ini file and add it that way.

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE MODIFYING THEM.

1) Open up "GameSettings.ini" in notepode. I am running windows XP and the GameSettings.ini file is in the "My Documents/BFBC2" folder. I have no clue about windows 7 or vista.
2) Find the line, near the bottom, that starts with "FavoriteGames="
3) Add (copy and paste) this to the end of that line
3343513859,abc4ced3-72d5-4926-aa5a-b354a8198dc4,GAF + Hazzard County;
4) Save the file of course and launch BC2.

For some time 3 days or so ago, (about 1 day after it went up) i couldn't find the GAF server and I couldn't add it/favorite it or anything. Now it does show up for me... :D More time on there I will endure. :lol (i get raped)

Had fun when I was hanging with you mbmonk, and the rest of the cool people... I need to get rid of this 4200X2 and get with the program (Phenom2 940) already. Economy forcing FPS in the teens with lag to boot on me sux.

I can't even imagine how much more fun and accurate the game will be running +30 fps smoothly at all times. When I've seen friends loaded rigs pull it off, it brought tears to my eyes, reminiscent of the performance i get with BF2.

This sounds stupid but: I couldn't believe my eyes with no lag, I shot someone & he died accordingly. :')

"A user by the name of Darky Monkey sent me a link to a phishing site pretending to be a STEAM gifting page. He has been deleted from the group and I've temporarily locked the group to prevent further incidents. If you get linked to free - gaming - gifts . t35 . com (with no spaces of course) do NOT input your information."

mbmonk

Cuban Legend said:
For some time 3 days or so ago, (about 1 day after it went up) i couldn't find the GAF server and I couldn't add it/favorite it or anything. Now it does show up for me... :D More time on there I will endure. :lol (i get raped)

Had fun when I was hanging with you mbmonk, and the rest of the cool people... I need to get rid of this 4200X2 and get with the program (Phenom2 940) already. Economy forcing FPS in the teens with lag to boot on me sux.

I can't even imagine how much more fun and accurate the game will be running +30 fps smoothly at all times. When I've seen friends loaded rigs pull it off, it brought tears to my eyes, reminiscent of the performance i get with BF2.

This sounds stupid but: I couldn't believe my eyes with no lag, I shot someone & he died accordingly. :')

I had been wondering where you went. I saw you the very first day and then nothing :lol

I hear you on the difference the proper hardware makes. When I had my C2D and the beta was out I actually cancelled my preorder I was so frustrated with the game and the hit detection. Then I upgraded to a quad core and fell in love with the game. And like you said when I shot someone they actually died :D.

Well I hope to see you on sometime.

PS: Don't kill I switched the server to Rush mode. I just had to spice things up a bit got a bit stale after a while and really just wanted some new maps.

Spl1nter

mbmonk said:
I had been wondering where you went. I saw you the very first day and then nothing :lol

I hear you on the difference the proper hardware makes. When I had my C2D and the beta was out I actually cancelled my preorder I was so frustrated with the game and the hit detection. Then I upgraded to a quad core and fell in love with the game. And like you said when I shot someone they actually died :D.

Well I hope to see you on sometime.

PS: Don't kill I switched the server to Rush mode. I just had to spice things up a bit got a bit stale after a while and really just wanted some new maps.

I think the best would to do a mix of the modes. All the maps are pretty good for both modes other then atacama desert and port valdez. But thats my opinion.

No worries about Rush. I don't mind it, and probably wont care as long as my upgrade goes well. :D

I'm doing some work on the side to save up quicker and hopefully I'll grab that Phenom2 940 within the month.
Better late than never. Even if I still gotta run all low (hope not), then so be it.

Then I can finally move on from BF2 IO 24/7 Karkand and PR .90...
O_O BC2 Needs to make Vehicles a server-side toggle! Just Imagine IO.

Arcipello

it would have been nice to organise the player list into two catagories..... America & Europe

anyway ill throw down my player name here and all you gaffers in europe need to add me:D

BlackWater

teamplayers only!

mbmonk

Spl1nter said:
I think the best would to do a mix of the modes. All the maps are pretty good for both modes other then atacama desert and port valdez. But thats my opinion.

I would love to mix modes, but it just currently possible. If I could.. I would trust me :D

mbmonk said:
Would someone try this out and let me know if it works:

For those trying to add the GAF server to their favorites. I think you could just modify your gamesettings.ini file and add it that way.

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE MODIFYING THEM.

1) Open up "GameSettings.ini" in notepode. I am running windows XP and the GameSettings.ini file is in the "My Documents/BFBC2" folder. I have no clue about windows 7 or vista.
2) Find the line, near the bottom, that starts with "FavoriteGames="
3) Add (copy and paste) this to the end of that line
4) Save the file of course and launch BC2.

Works perfectly for me :D

Concept17

Would love to play with some peoples, just been playing with my brother and a couple friends so far. Rank 11 or 12 now I think.

Aicos | Concept17 | Aicos

I've made the steam group public again. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone but I wanted to do my best to keep scam artists out. Be wary of links sent to you from people you don't recognize, even if they're in the group!

mbmonk

Ventrillo Server for GAF BC2:

IP: 64.34.180.228
Port: 3860
Channel: "A" GAF + Hazzard

Please update OP if possible.

Q8D3vil

if it's steam version then it's broken as hell

you can use the activation code with ea download manager to download the retail non steam version

Top Bottom