• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Jinaar

Finally got the last Vietnam achievement last night, 50 kills in the Huey. Only sunk 170hrs into this game and still I want to play more.

Thinking of getting a used copy (I had BFBC2 before and thus the online code) and grabbing Vietnam. I was just wondering how many people are still paying now? I sort of torn between this and MAG, but I'm leaning towards BFBC: Vietnam.

tc farks

Yeah I'd like to know as well. I have Blops sitting there unplayed for over a month now and I should probably be trading it in for BC2.

olimpia84

Finally got all my gold stars on each weapon. The M21 and SVD were a huge pain in the ass...
The only trophy left I got is the 50 kills with the tincan Huey...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:

Conquest. Rush B if NVA. Speed cap it and pray enemy team is idiots. Get in LEFT gun, sit there. Hope to god no one gets in to fly it. SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY enemy base. Kills a plenty.

If I can get 50 kills in the Huey with much frustration, you should be able to do it as well.

Raide

Glad this thread popped up again. Posted in the Community side but noticed this thread afterwards. :D

Any 360 players still around? I have not had chance to jump into Vietnam yet but fancy meeting up with some fellow GAFers. I tend to play Support or Engineer, since I like to heal or fix stuff. :p

TheSeks

Not really that impressive as he's on hardcore where it's a OHK with the M40 from any distance. :|

His helicopter shot and using the Helicopter to C4 (er-TNT) stuff is impressive, but I've done that with the planes in 1943. :p

His torch/stabby-stabby skills are okay, but the enemy is crazy to not notice him so soon. :/

(I also did a bail out on a Blackhawk, kill people with the MP-443 Garach, Noscope kill someone with the GOL while retreating back to base earlier today in Vanilla. Where the hell is my video montage?)

TheSeks said:
Not really that impressive as he's on hardcore where it's a OHK with the M40 from any distance. :|
He's playing with both a mini-map and cross-hairs when he's the chopper pilot, so it's not hardcore (unless they changed those for Vietnam?).

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
He's playing with both a mini-map and cross-hairs when he's the chopper pilot, so it's not hardcore (unless they changed those for Vietnam?).

It's hardcore AFAIK. And PC can have mini-map/softcore options with hardcore HUD/damage options.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
TheSeks said:

His helicopter shot and using the Helicopter to C4 (er-TNT) stuff is impressive, but I've done that with the planes in 1943. :p

His torch/stabby-stabby skills are okay, but the enemy is crazy to not notice him so soon. :/

(I also did a bail out on a Blackhawk, kill people with the MP-443 Garach, Noscope kill someone with the GOL while retreating back to base earlier today in Vanilla. Where the hell is my video montage?)

Sounds like you were too busy sucking your own dick to hit record

olimpia84 said:
Finally got all my gold stars on each weapon. The M21 and SVD were a huge pain in the ass...
50 kills in the Huey is way easier than 100 with the SVD/M21!

TheSeks

EvaPlusMinus said:
Sounds like you were too busy sucking your own dick to hit record

QQ more. I don't find montages impressive.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
TheSeks said:
QQ more. I don't find montages impressive.

I just felt like being mean. I've been asked to record some of my stuff before, but I've always thought montages were silly.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wait is Vietnam free? Just logged to BC2 and got an update to Vietnam, but it says free and a 1.6GB download. WTF?

Massa

Relix said:
Wait is Vietnam free? Just logged to BC2 and got an update to Vietnam, but it says free and a 1.6GB download. WTF?

XBLA? I guess the download of the actual data is free (and probably mandatory for online, as I think they bundled Vietnam and the latest patch/map pack together). You should still need to buy the $15 key to actually be able to play the maps though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Massa said:
XBLA? I guess the download of the actual data is free (and probably mandatory for online, as I think they bundled Vietnam and the latest patch/map pack together). You should still need to buy the $15 key to actually be able to play the maps though.

Yeah I guessed this. No sense at all though =P

soultron

Banned
Vietnam is onsale on XBL for 600 spacebucks.

Got it yesterday. Flight of the Valkyries played when I got in the Huey.

I came.

YoungHav

Banned
I have the PS3 copy of the game and my stats for Vietnam NEVER update for shit. I've played 9-12 conquest matches and anytime I pop the game in my stats never update. Anyone else have this problem?

USF

Willing to spend what's left in my psn wallet on this..
How's the online activity on PS3?
Any sale coming around :s ?

Raide

USF said:
Willing to spend what's left in my psn wallet on this..
How's the online activity on PS3?
Any sale coming around :s ?

Fairly busy but it is bound to die off when BF3 arrives. I am sure you won't have issues finding games though. :D

Top Bottom