• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Has anyone ever had the infinite TNT bug? Keep getting it tonight, basically when you try to detonate the TNT it just keeps throwing it, have to shoot it to set it off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Regarding Nam... it says I already have gold stars on all the vehicles... do I actually have to get kills with each specific vehicle (like the Huey for instance) for the trophies or do Vanilla kills count?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Recon with Slugged 870 and Magnum Ammo is so much fun, just running around TNTing helis and tuk tuks into stuff :D

Ikuu said:
Has anyone ever had the infinite TNT bug? Keep getting it tonight, basically when you try to detonate the TNT it just keeps throwing it, have to shoot it to set it off.
Yeah, it happens with c4 as well. Something to do with getting out of your vehicle and throwing the tnt/c4 too fast after you have exited the vehicle. It is very annoying to say the least.

recklessmind said:
Regarding Nam... it says I already have gold stars on all the vehicles... do I actually have to get kills with each specific vehicle (like the Huey for instance) for the trophies or do Vanilla kills count?
you have to get a kill while you are an occupant in each particular vehicle in vietnam. the kill doesn't actually have to come from the vehicle. like if you're in the huey and someone runs over an AT Mine, that counts.

Darkshier said:
Yeah, it happens with c4 as well. Something to do with getting out of your vehicle and throwing the tnt/c4 too fast after you have exited the vehicle. It is very annoying to say the least.
it usually happens when you interrupt the C4 throwing animation by getting into a vehicle.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ikuu said:

Yes. It happens in Vanilla with the C4. You have to slow down your throwing/readying if you want the game to let you detonate (and even then it'll bug out. It's random and weird, but hey you can throw out infinite C4 and have someone shoot it/trap it)

recklessmind said:

Like Faceless said: You can get kills while only in the vehicle. But yes: Two jeeps, Huey, Two tanks are needing kills. Dunno about the Tuk-Tuk, it unlocked when I had a kill in the non-Tuk-Tuk vehicles.

damn, the entire enemy team bailed on Vantage Point.

BioHazard said:
Finally got my 100 tank kills achievement :D. Also, randomly got into a game with faceless :lol it was fun!
oh, that was you? i've been denying FR's from tags i didn't recognize.

Can I get some tips on how to level up quick? I've played this for days and I'm still level 10. I want the better guns.

I already watched Jessica Chobot's strategize thing on IGN and it was useless.

The Faceless Master said:

After getting destroyed at cao son, they had no choice but to quit or get spawn camped. Almost feel sorry, almost.

Another server bites the dust, All too easy.

Visualante said:
Can I get some tips on how to level up quick? I've played this for days and I'm still level 10. I want the better guns.

play as a medic, follow a group of people around and throw medkits and revive.

Darkshier said:
After getting destroyed at cao son, they had no choice but to quit or get spawn camped. Almost feel sorry, almost.

Another server bites the dust, All too easy.
making ghost boats on an empty server :lol :lol :lol

i remember one time the server got emptied on laguna presa and everyone started launching tanks and quads

Huey Glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9bqwGYk4yQ

Tank Glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAi050v4P5Y

Dear DICE. FF off is ridiculous.

Edit: apparently the Chopper takes 7x as much bullets to shoot down on PC.

Please thank MarxistDictator from the US forum for finding this out.
Orginal post by MarxistDictator (10th post down) http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/4586687.page#

PC: .5 Damage per bullet (200 shots)
YouTube - AK Huey Damage

PS3 (also true for the 360): 3.5 damage per bullet (40 shots)
YouTube - Ak47 Huey Damage Test Ps3

Please fix this DICE!

Evolved1

The Huey is such a death trap... I have seriously killed a few with a burst of AK fire and finished them off with pistols.

I can weave the thing through the trees, along the roads 10ft off the ground and still get shot down in 10 seconds. :lol

:(

olimpia84

what's wrong with Cao Son Temple and Hill 137 in Conquest? even Vantage Point has a ton of back-capping going on nowadays.

If you are on a bad team and the other teams gets their base flag and the "B" flag is 99% impossible to win the map. Like I said before, at that point you might as well quit because it's impossible to flank or get past by through the choke points.
The good thing about the vanilla game is that even when you are in a shit team you still have a remote, but not impossible, chance to win the game by pulling some heroics.

Hanzou

Here's a question. How is it determined what class you get points towards? I always thought it was the class you currently are but earlier tonight I got an awesome rocket kill. Blew up a hum-V with a rocket, killed three guys. Now I assumed it would count towards my engineer score as that is what I was but Instead it immediately unlocked my new assault class rifle. I had spawned that time as assault but immediately picked up an engineer kit and shot the Hum-V. So how is it determined what class gets points?

olimpia84

the SVD sucks ASS. I managed to get at least 10 kills in my last game tonight and...surprise! the stats didn't get recorded. I hope there is some sort of delay for the server to update but I really doubt it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Amassing DLC.

God, could spellcheck really hurt some Battlefield player's videos?

Ass glitch

*googles*

OMG, that's hilarious. I miss BC1 dearly. :( Need to go back to it this weekend.

>>Tank, Huey glitch<<

Well, that about wraps it up for Vietnam. Thank god I got 100% trophies in it. Now to just mop up level 49 to 50 in BC2 vanilla then.

Ocho

olimpia84 said:
the SVD sucks ASS. I managed to get at least 10 kills in my last game tonight and...surprise! the stats didn't get recorded. I hope there is some sort of delay for the server to update but I really doubt it.
There's a delay. Worry not.

olimpia84

ochobit said:
There's a delay. Worry not.

Yup, checked this morning and my kills from last night were there, thank God.
I can't wait until I gold star all the sniper rifles, they all suck big time.

olimpia84 said:
Yup, checked this morning and my kills from last night were there, thank God.
I can't wait until I gold star all the sniper rifles, they all suck big time.

If you're using the official site to check your stats, you may want to try an unofficial one instead. They tend to update as soon as you request it. Personally, I use this one:

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/

Now, if only DICE would fix the Skill Level stat so it didn't jump all over the place.

Sill4

your list is always full whenever I try to FR you.

Huey Glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9bqwGYk4yQ

Tank Glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAi050v4P5Y

Dear DICE. FF off is ridiculous.

Damn, now it all makes sense! The tanks are feared most by me as a pilot, not bullets. Now I understand when you guys say the Huey is a flying coffin. Here's to hoping we all get a patch fixing all the issues in each version. Soon.

Especially the hitboxes on the Huey. I miss Hueys by a bus-length and still get a bird kill, all the time (using a tank).

RS4-

Hueys are goddamn annoying on PC since they're so hard to takedown unless you're in a tank or get off a lucky rocket.

So seeing that video doesn't make things any better :lol

olimpia84

lol at epic Vantage Point Conquest win with evolved, abu and ejas. We were down by a bunch of tickets and the other team had total control of the flags, not to mention it was 5 vs. 8 (actually 4 vs. 8 because the other dude in our team was a level 3 and didn't know what he was doing) but we managed to win towards the end

Evolved1

olimpia84 said:
lol at epic Vantage Point Conquest win with evolved, abu and ejas. We were down by a bunch of tickets and the other team had total control of the flags, not to mention it was 5 vs. 8 (actually 4 vs. 8 because the other dude in our team was a level 3 and didn't know what he was doing) but we managed to win towards the end

That guy... it was worse than doing nothing because he was doing nothing in our tank! Actually... he kept changing the song over and over and drove halfway up the hill and then just stopped. :/

They were using their tank + had extra people but our tank was just sitting on the road... I got so mad. Then one of you guys capped their A and I switched to AK and ripped through a couple guys to help get B. From there we held them back trying to get up the hill. Pretty awesome.

Then they all quit. :lol

Hanzou said:
Here's a question. How is it determined what class you get points towards? I always thought it was the class you currently are but earlier tonight I got an awesome rocket kill. Blew up a hum-V with a rocket, killed three guys. Now I assumed it would count towards my engineer score as that is what I was but Instead it immediately unlocked my new assault class rifle. I had spawned that time as assault but immediately picked up an engineer kit and shot the Hum-V. So how is it determined what class gets points?

It's based on what class you spawn as. If you pick up a different kit you still get points towards your original class you spawned as. So you could spawn as a Recon and pick up an Assault kit and you would level up your Recon even though you're not using Recon weapons.

Hellcrow

Finally have time to play this, but I have a hard time finding a full server on PS3. 4-5 games in a row with only 2-3 people on the server. Operation Hastings worked fine, though...

Also, I horribly suck without motion mines =(.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hellcrow said:
Finally have time to play this, but I have a hard time finding a full server on PS3. 4-5 games in a row with only 2-3 people on the server. Operation Hastings worked fine, though...

Also, I horribly suck without motion mines =(.
Server issues at the moment =/

blahness

I hope the matchmaking servers being down relates somehow to the incoming patch. I want to play but can find no matches!

EDIT: Clearing xbox cache did the trick!

I’m here to announce a very special community event. It’s called: Operation: Dogs of ‘nam!

Over the next three weeks we’re challenging you to get out your dog tag collecting skills in a competition on Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam. Taking part we have EA’s very own EA_ActionMan alongside PlayStation Community chaps MusterBuster & Yaster.

The aim of the game is to collect as many dog tags from the “targets” as you can. The more dog tags you get, the better chance of winning the top prize – a trip to Sweden to meet the developers of the Battlefield franchise, DICE. Everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of Logitech F540 Wireless HeadPhones for PlayStation 3. And of course, if you do manage to get our dog tags (it wont be easy!) we’ll send a set of real dog tags with our name on to love and hold forever.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/24/claim-our-dog-tags-and-win-a-trip-to-sweden

kitch9

Banned
Visualante said:

Don't swop and change, pick a gun and stick with until you gold it and then move on to the next gun. Medic, and engineer can net quick points if you concentrate on being helpful with them, but again pick a class and stick with it until you gold that classes abilities and move on.

Concentrate on helping squad members with medic packs, revives etc etc and you'll get big points once you hit the targets set for that class.

Top Bottom