• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam |OT|

abuC said:
Sorry about using the repair tool on you Memorycure :D

I chuckled, lol. I was barely paying attention the few matches I played, just waiting for the season premiere of 'Southland' to start. Didn't help that GAF was on a steamrolling bender.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LOL Mac 10 is beastin'.

How awesome am I? I get the whole enemy team AND my team to switch to Mac 10 after I own people in the face with it on defense to where attacking becomes rocket and Mac 10 central. Tank rolls into last set, I repair it. Teammate gets in, we and take B and A. :lol

Quest for the Platinum:

XM22 LMG (need gold)
AK47 (need gold)
PPSh (need gold)
Mac 10 (need Gold, but going to silver)

Yay, may have those done this weekend. :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I chuckled, lol. I was barely paying attention the few matches I played, just waiting for the season premiere of 'Southland' to start. Didn't help that GAF was on a steamrolling bender.

We traded Sniper shots tonight... it was pretty funny.

Then another time I see two recons right next to each other. So I kill the one on the right while the one on the left shoots me: MemoryCure <M40> Evolved1

:lol

You kept killing me!

Crakatak187 said:
Ejas is a gaffer that goes by the gaf name Jas. Ejas kind of sound like Evolve1 on the mic :lol

I don't know what I sound like on the mic
(probably pretty annoying)
but I can never really hear Ejas... his volume is real low. I only barely hear him when no one else is talking. He's a good player though. Pretty regular lately, too.

It was good to finally play again after the crazyness of the holidays. My skill (if you could call it that) has gotten worse. It's kinda hard to get back into this game after a break though... At least for me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
We're they taking off or in the air? :p I'll be back in an hour, I still got M60'ing to do to restar it (WTF, DICE?) Then it's only one more medic gun, mopping up the engineer guns and the AK47 and I'll have them all gold. Yay.
He was in the air raining lead on my team.

Hey Massa... yeah thats what happened ;)
You were hiding reloading your weapon and BAM!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
abuC said:
Jas is cool, haven't seen anything from him that I'd deem negative.
Dood its just TheSeks tough love.
He always complains ... but he love us.

Yup the secret is out TheSeks... you love us. I love you too dood.

Sorry for the Double Post.

Huggers

Hastings is blatantly the best map, it's not even close. Bizarre decision to not have it available from the start

BioHazard

The Faceless Master said:
ok, after playing 4 rage inducing games with NubCakes and some of the worst randoms ever i decided to clean my list a bit. i deleted about a dozen people, mostly anyone who had black ops as their last played game... 11 spots free! if you've played BC2 with me before, feel free to send a FR.

Are you on 360 now? What's your GT?

abuC

Fersis said:
Dood its just TheSeks tough love.
He always complains ... but he love us.

Yup the secret is out TheSeks... you love us. I love you too dood.

Sorry for the Double Post.

True, Seks reminds me of the coach that screams at his players, but secretly has a group photo of them in his house.

His angry posts crack me up.

Dubbedinenglish said:
:lol Ran into him and Sally_Jesse_ROFL last night also there was also someone named Mexiwont :lol
yeah, i ran into them a few months ago and couldn't stop laughing! i don't remember who else was playing, but several of us were laughing for quite a while.

recklessmind said:
We traded Sniper shots tonight... it was pretty funny.

Then another time I see two recons right next to each other. So I kill the one on the right while the one on the left shoots me: MemoryCure <M40> Evolved1

:lol

You kept killing me!

Hah, yes, you accounted for most of my kills that match (hardly had that many). It was a fun match, that one kill I got while hiding underneath the house near 'B' crate, I was like "I bet that was Evolved1 that just got in that boat" -- Headshot* "Yep, it was"

GGs.

djgil said:
:lol :lol :lol

OMFG that's gold. My face hurts now...

Oh, yeah! got your PM, unfortunately I don't game on the 360 anymore -- or not as much. My live account is inactive. I probably will jump back on board when the GoW3 Beta starts though...

I <3 Memes said:
Question. Is it possible to get sniped by a guy 200 yards away with a 1911 first time then an 870 combat shotgun 30 seconds later?

Yes. I've been one hit killed by shotguns from ridiculous distances quite a few times.

blurrygil

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Oh, yeah! got your PM, unfortunately I don't game on the 360 anymore -- or not as much. My live account is inactive. I probably will jump back on board when the GoW3 Beta starts though...

It's all good! Thanks for the heads up. I don't play GoW, but if you ever re-activate and play somethin good in the fall...I'll join ya.

TheSeks

I <3 Memes said:
Question. Is it possible to get sniped by a guy 200 yards away with a 1911 first time then an 870 combat shotgun 30 seconds later?

Yes. If you're good, you can snipe with nearly all the weapons with little/no bullet drop.

Sally_Jesse_ROFL

That doesn't even make sense. "Roffel," but Opera's fits: Opera "For the" Winfrey. "Rolling on the Floor Laughing" doesn't fit either.

It's a funny name, but it fails at being a pun. :/

SMH Randoms. YES, LET'S DRIVE THE PBR WITH 6% HEALTH SEKS GRABS BEFORE IT EXPLODES TO YOUR DUMBASSES TO OUR DOOM BEFORE HE CAN BACK UP WHILE GUNNING THE PEOPLE THAT WERE FIRING AT HIM TO REPAIR IT.

SonIAmDisappoint.jpg I hope that person's father is getting any sex tonight. :|

And DICE's stat server is fucking up again. It's like you don't want me to play your game, DICE. Do you really want me to go through Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, because I will. :|

blurrygil

Huggers said:
Hastings is blatantly the best map, it's not even close. Bizarre decision to not have it available from the start

Well then, I have to wholly disagree with you. And it isn't due to me not being good at the map. I think it's just poorly balanced, particularly for Rush. They tried to cram "the best of everything" from all the maps and imo, it's just a mess.

On Rush, the distances between the bases are just bad. Way too short. Hell, I feel bad as the US side everytime we steamroll the 1st base. 2nd base is a little more balanced as there's distance and elevation both sides can use. But 3rd is awful. It's a spit away from the 2nd and it's poorly designed for access. DICE clearly pigeon-holed this map into the mode.

For Conquest, it's better. And much like Phu Bai (my fave on Conq), Engineers will excel at the map. But the lack of accessible water for the PBRs and the much shorter distance for the US side to reach the first 2 or 3 bases just drives me nuts.

If you enjoy it, que sera. I just don't...

Guh @ :34 & 2:30

That shouldn't be okay... :-/

dLMN8R

Sorry but I'm out of the loop on Vietnam. I played quite a bit when released but over the holidays I didn't touch it. Has there been any discussion of a balance patch in the works or any other form of update?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I jumped on earlier and it's still fine, shotgun + slugs + magnum ammo is pretty hilarious and shouldn't be in the game, not sure if the range was much longer before but it still works really well.

zh1nt0 said:
We have deployed a server patch which fixes these things:

- The boat which was stuck on 2nd Stage Cao san Temple has now been fixed.

- Issue with the PBR becoming invisible and driving under the map has now been fixed

We're working on some more fixes right now and want roll these out as soon as we can. Also, this patch is not a client patch which means, you do not have to update your game.

This update should be ready to roll out early next week. If there are any changes to the ETA, everyone will be notified in this thread

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-ng/1384251-quick-fix-nam.html

olimpia84

Thank God. Now that they fixed the PBR issue all they have to do to make the game playable is a complete re-design of Cao Temple, Vantage Point and Hill 137 in Conquest mode.

olimpia84 said:
Thank God. Now that they fixed the PBR issue all they have to do to make the game playable is a complete re-design of Cao Temple, Vantage Point and Hill 137 in Conquest mode.
what's wrong with Cao Son Temple and Hill 137 in Conquest? even Vantage Point has a ton of back-capping going on nowadays.

Fersis

olimpia84 said:
mhmhm its not fixed yet right? Next week i think.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
shoutouts to [BAF]oLUDOVICo and [BAF]madmaxal who just boat glitched on Cao Son Temple and got killed by a regular boat when capping B! losing by 150 tickets while boat glitching? you guys rock!

:lol :lol :lol :lol You can actually shoot them from under the map, seriously? That would've been funny to see.

I hope you reported them for cheating through the 360 dashboard, BTW. (LOL FAT GOOD THAT'LL DO. LOL XBL MODS.)

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol You can actually shoot them from under the map, seriously? That would've been funny to see.

I hope you reported them for cheating through the 360 dashboard, BTW. (LOL FAT GOOD THAT'LL DO. LOL XBL MODS.)
well, you know how those boat bullets sort of bend physics and sometimes clip even normally? B is pretty shallow and i managed to kill them while they were under the hill capping. and yeah, i use the reporting menu for all boat glitchers.

Sanjay

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yes. I've been one hit killed by shotguns from ridiculous distances quite a few times.

Yeah I sniped Cuban Legend with a shotgun from far in Arica Harbor, he was holed up in a building :D

Top Bottom