• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT?! Moon River is in that game?! Ho-ly shit. This is shaping up to be the game of the century.

I'm a bit disappointed I was spoiled (can music tracks be considered spoilers? :p ), I would have went crazy the first time I would've heard the track in-game!

Kouriozan

WHAT?! Moon River is in that game?! Ho-ly shit. This is shaping up to be the game of the century.

I'm a bit disappointed I was spoiled (can music tracks be considered spoilers? :p ), I would have went crazy the first time I would've heard the track in-game!
Yep.
Only watched the music stream until the end of the prologue, then goodbye x)

fred

Literally buying a Wii U just for this game. When you buy Bayonetta 2 you get a digital download code for 1, right? So if I buy the game day 1 would it be safe to wait for Black Friday to see if I can get a deal on Wii U?

I'd also highly recommend you also buy the following too:

The Wonderful 101
ZombiU
Rayman Legends
Arkham City (even if you've played the original on another platform and the DLC it's worth buying again for the Wii U just because the GamePad features are amazing and worth the second price of admission imo)
Deus Ex (see above)
Splinter Cell Blacklist (see above)
Lego City Undercover

Those are all games that aren't your usual 'Nintendo' type games, but if you like those sort of games then you can add the following to that list too:

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
NSMB U
NSL U

It's a bit of a waste buying a console and missing out on a shitload of quality gaming imo.

Adaren

I see some of these videos skipping the cutscenes through the pause menu...Is there no longer a quick skip like Bayo 1?

They may not know about it; it's not exactly widely advertised. If your referring to demo videos, they may use the menu skip to make it less jarring. I can't imagine Platinum leaving it out.

Disclaimer: I'm not watching any of these videos. :D

Scum

pQFDMWc.gif

mpgeist

Trying to avoid spoilers...does anyone know how the Tag Climax stages are unlocked? Is it like the Arkham games where you get them as you progress through the story? My friend and I want to play them during the Extra Life marathon but Bayo 2 only comes out a couple days before. Thanks.

Trying to avoid spoilers...does anyone know how the Tag Climax stages are unlocked? Is it like the Arkham games where you get them as you progress through the story? My friend and I want to play them during the Extra Life marathon but Bayo 2 only comes out a couple days before. Thanks.

Progress through the story.

Cant tell you more than that without spoiling it.

Zenaku

At the end of each chapter you'll get "verse cards". You get a card from the first enemy you defeat in each verse. Having just beaten the game, I got around 90% of all verse cards, so some might require you to defeat certain enemies before others.

I don't think this is much of a spoiler since the system is available right from the beginning of the game, and explained in the manual, I believe.

mpgeist

At the end of each chapter you'll get "verse cards". You get a card from the first enemy you defeat in each verse. Having just beaten the game, I got around 90% of all verse cards, so some might require you to defeat certain enemies before others.

I don't think this is much of a spoiler since the system is available right from the beginning of the game, and explained in the manual, I believe.

Do you know if both players need the cards? Or can one person act as host and the other play on verses they havent obtained?

Zenaku

Do you know if both players need the cards? Or can one person act as host and the other play on verses they havent obtained?

I think one player can host, but I haven't tried it yet.

It basically has 3 options, "Quick Match", "Search Match" or "Fight alongside CPU". Quick match will set you up with a random player, search will let you see and choose someone who's currently fighting with a CPU, and the CPU option will let you set up a tag match and play with the CPU (until someone joins).

One of you'd have to play with CPU (and select the verse cards), while the other searches for the match to join. I think.

aborath

Neo Member

For the most part, spoiler have only increased my anticipation for this game.

I'm noticing some tearing around 17:30-18:30. Safe to assume it has something to do with capture or the stream?

No idea. Im the wrong person to ask about them kind of things. I very rarely notice tearing.

For the most part, spoiler have only increased my anticipation for this game.

I must have watched about 4 playthroughs from since this game released.

I still am itching to get my copy.

I'm noticing some tearing around 17:30-18:30. Safe to assume it has something to do with capture or the stream?
I just watched the same part in another twitch stream with no tearing. It was noticable in the clip you pointed out, I usually never notice vsync while playing.

Zenaku

A P* game that lets you start off on Hard?

Anybody else think this is an MGR situation where "Hard" was the real normal mode? Which I guess would depend on whether or not Infinite Climax is unlocked after you beat 3rd Climax or if there's another difficulty between the two.

I finished the game on 2nd climax, then tried playing chapter 1 on 3rd. 3rd is definitely hard mode, no question.

I finished the game on 2nd climax, then tried playing chapter 1 on 3rd. 3rd is definitely hard mode, no question.

What I'm curious about is whether 3rd Climax has the heavily remixed enemy layouts that you would expect from a Kamiya game's hard mode or if it's just tuned to be more difficult like MGR's hard mode. Given that it's available from the start, I kind of expect the latter (which would make it weird if Non-Stop Climax is the only mode above it).

Lernaean

Banned
I'm very jealous of all of you watching those videos, but i will endure.
This way the excitement will be even greater when i get to play it.
I'm a real bloody monk :D

zoobzone

I have to endure another week because I'm getting the digital version of the game and Club Nintendo JP restarts next week.

Good to see people are enjoying this game though.

Zenaku

What I'm curious about is whether 3rd Climax has the heavily remixed enemy layouts that you would expect from a Kamiya game's hard mode or if it's just tuned to be more difficult like MGR's hard mode. Given that it's available from the start, I kind of expect the latter (which would make it weird if Non-Stop Climax is the only mode above it).

I've only played the first chapter on 3rd climax so far, but while there were more enemies there didn't seem to be later ones. I'll play through the second chapter to see if there's some major changes.

I have to endure another week because I'm getting the digital version of the game and Club Nintendo JP restarts next week.

Good to see people are enjoying this game though.

No need to wait. Rank points and overall points are only added when you do the games after-purchase survey, and you have 28 days to do them. Buy today and do the survey next month, and the points will be added to next years rank points.

KooopaKid

Banned
So, I finished the game at 10 hours, normal mode. It was wonderful.

Tricky question : how do you compare it to the first Bayonetta?
Is there some chapters you didn't like? Any chapters not very interesting to replay like in the first Bayonetta?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Is there some chapters you didn't like? Any chapters not very interesting to replay like in the first Bayonetta?

So far (chapter 4) I'm liking it more than Bayo1.
Of course it is a sequel, so some aspects are not new, but "more of the same". But...it is more polished, visually stunning, even more inspired in terms of landscape and architecture, Bayonetta is incredible (with all that "aura" around herself), combo are as great as in the past, the summoning are amazing, and almost every level put you face to face with new situations and gigantic bosses...

Zenaku

I felt that B2 has better pacing, and there aren't really any chapters that I dread playing again.

Curufinwe

My Japanese Wii U Pro Controller arrived yesterday. And it'll just sit there for another month since I don't have any games or demos that take advantage of it.

KooopaKid

Banned
So far (chapter 4) I'm liking it more than Bayo1.
Of course it is a sequel, so some aspects are not new, but "more of the same". But...it is more polished, visually stunning, even more inspired in terms of landscape and architecture, Bayonetta is incredible (with all that "aura" around herself), combo are as great as in the past, the summoning are amazing, and almost every level put you face to face with new situations and gigantic bosses...

I felt that B2 has better pacing, and there aren't really any chapters that I dread playing again.

Nice! Thanks! 1 month to go! ^ ^

Asked a guy who already beat 3rd Climax, he said only Non-Stop Infinite Climax has the remixed enemies.

jwillenn

I'm very jealous of all of you watching those videos, but i will endure.
This way the excitement will be even greater when i get to play it.
I'm a real bloody monk :D

You and me both, bro. I've been enduring it since E3. I come into threads like this just to scroll so quickly down the page that the only thing I allow myself to notice are comments that don't have spoilers.

Top Bottom