• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

Adaren

oh, and you still have witch time in NSIC

Great news imo. Removing Witch Time wasn't the best way to maximize the difficulty, and it certainly didn't cause me to have the promised Non-Stop Infinite Climax.

Back to trying to avoid this thread...for real this time...

Le fuck? Why? lol. Are the bosses that difficult to fight without it?

Jeanne on NSIC is probably going to be where it's at then.

Any word on unlockables n such?

well you know Bayo 1 had all kinds of obscure ass unlockables so who knows, and I haven't watched many videos yet, but he did tell me some of em:

Unlockable characters: Jeanne(same as Bayo 1, can't witch time but non-stop infinite dodges tho), Rosa(Bayo's mom, right? She's in the intro, the church get-up. Really powerful offense, but her defense is post-The Cool Lupe tier), Rodin(big ass nigga but doesnt do Witch Time or any of that shit), and Lumen Saga(who has similar powers, but with a bitchin' staff and angel motif). Rodin and Sage aren't in the main game tho, only in Tag Climax...probably cuz they don't do the whole "take off my clothes off for the finale!" move...sexist lazy game devs

Unlockable costumes: Like...a bunch. School girl, police officer, Chinese dress, the Nintendo shit, there's a Mario hat/mustache combo, that fashion outfit from the beginning, the Bayo 1 outfit, etc.

weapons: Lets see you got the default blue guns, dual swords, the whips which are definitely better than the gimmicky variant in the first game, the bow, the scythe, the fire and ice flamethrowers, the big ass hammer, pair of chainsaws, beat the game and unlock the Shuraba from the first game, you can unlock the chain chomp you throw around when its attached to your ankle and does stupid ass damage, probably some other shit

Accessories: haven't unlocked all of them, but there's one where you can switch Umbran Climax to Umbran Armor aka Bayomecha aka the big ass robot. Plus all the ones from the first game are back, too.

Lost Chapter is in here, but there's a welcome change in that its now broken down into Witch Trials, instead of playing through in one hour bursts and failing near the end. I'm having flashbacks to DMC4's Bloody Palace and my many failed hours getting through it just to fuck up on Shadow Dante, so for this I'm grateful.

There's the Platinum ticket that costs 9999999 Halos, I think its to fight Rodin again, real endgame level shit there.

You unlock the Tag Climax verses in a variety of ways

And for the record, beating 3rd Climax unlocks Infinite Climax, I jumped the gun on the Non-Stop bit. There may be a mode even harder than that

Anbec7

God, the wait is killing me.

So by general opinion Bayo 1 plays better thant the PS3 version? I mean that's the one I played and loved every second so replaying it now on Wii U is going to be awesome.

Also for the people that have it by now do you use the gamepad or the pro controller?

Feindflug

well you know Bayo 1 had all kinds of obscure ass unlockables so who knows, and I haven't watched many videos yet, but he did tell me some of em:

Unlockable characters: Jeanne(same as Bayo 1, can't witch time but non-stop infinite dodges tho), Rosa(Bayo's mom, right? She's in the intro, the church get-up. Really powerful offense, but her defense is post-The Cool Lupe tier), Rodin(big ass nigga but doesnt do Witch Time or any of that shit), and Lumen Saga(who has similar powers, but with a bitchin' staff and angel motif). Rodin and Sage aren't in the main game tho, only in Tag Climax...probably cuz they don't do the whole "take off my clothes off for the finale!" move...sexist lazy game devs

Unlockable costumes: Like...a bunch. School girl, police officer, Chinese dress, the Nintendo shit, there's a Mario hat/mustache combo, that fashion outfit from the beginning, the Bayo 1 outfit, etc.

weapons: Lets see you got the default blue guns, dual swords, the whips which are definitely better than the gimmicky variant in the first game, the bow, the scythe, the fire and ice flamethrowers, the big ass hammer, pair of chainsaws, beat the game and unlock the Shuraba from the first game, you can unlock the chain chomp you throw around when its attached to your ankle and does stupid ass damage, probably some other shit

Accessories: haven't unlocked all of them, but there's one where you can switch Umbran Climax to Umbran Armor aka Bayomecha aka the big ass robot. Plus all the ones from the first game are back, too.

Lost Chapter is in here, but there's a welcome change in that its now broken down into Witch Trials, instead of playing through in one hour bursts and failing near the end. I'm having flashbacks to DMC4's Bloody Palace and my many failed hours getting through it just to fuck up on Shadow Dante, so for this I'm grateful.

There's the Platinum ticket that costs 9999999 Halos, I think its to fight Rodin again, real endgame level shit there.

You unlock the Tag Climax verses in a variety of ways

And for the record, beating 3rd Climax unlocks Infinite Climax, I jumped the gun on the Non-Stop bit. There may be a mode even harder than that

So we don't know if there is
a NSIC difficulty for sure and if it still has witch time?
there's still hope. :p

Thanks for the info, game sounds freakin' awesome.

Son Of D

Do we know whether the Link, Samus and Peach costumes are all there is for Bayonetta 1? Or are there secret costumes to unlock?

Feindflug

Sorry if it's been specified already but is 3rd Climax like a Very Hard mode or something?

3rd Climax is probably Normal with 1st being easy automatic and 2nd being easy - Infinite Climax should be Hard since it's the first mode that the enemies are remixed. I don't know for sure but that's what I'm guessing from the info bit that was posted above.

I only want to know one thing, can anyone tell me if the old weapons are in 2? Mostly I just want Odette and Sai-Fung back.

For the most part no.
there is something as good as odette though

And it a damn shame. I miss my Durga too. The new ones dont compare Imo. They "look" better, but they dont seem to have the same amount of fine control.

Try and think of Bayonetta 1 as having lots of "in your face" weapons, and Bayo 2 as having lots of "Crowd control" weapons.

For the most part no.
there is something as good as odette though

And it a damn shame. I miss my Durga too. The new ones dont compare Imo. They "look" better, but they dont seem to have the same amount of fine control.

Try and think of Bayonetta 1 as having lots of "in your face" weapons, and Bayo 2 as having lots of "Crowd control" weapons.

Good to know that most if not all the weapons are new. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the weapons in Bayonetta, but I want something new and fresh. I played the first Bayo for over 100 hours, so I'm happy that most of the weapons are new.

TreIII

sexist lazy devs confirmed breh

Easy pickings for Female Frequency

Do you know if we can you at least
play as Rodin and Balder in the Lost Chapter
?

I mean, it's one thing to not have them playable in story. But it'd be weird to have them available in Tag Climax, but not in the mode that more or less is the true "Single Player Tag Climax"

A P* game that lets you start off on Hard?

Anybody else think this is an MGR situation where "Hard" was the real normal mode? Which I guess would depend on whether or not Infinite Climax is unlocked after you beat 3rd Climax or if there's another difficulty between the two.

It most definitely is.

Hard is normal here.

there is no difficulties after infinite climax either

Do you know if we can you at least
play as Rodin and Balder in the Lost Chapter
?

I mean, it's one thing to not have them playable in story. But it'd be weird to have them available in Tag Climax, but not in the mode that more or less is the true "Single Player Tag Climax"

nope BibleThump

tears, fam

Good to know that most if not all the weapons are new. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the weapons in Bayonetta, but I want something new and fresh. I played the first Bayo for over 100 hours, so I'm happy that most of the weapons are new.

Yeah it makes sense especially with the new animations.

Still it feels like this is a situation where "why not both?" definitely applies.

Not that it matters though. The weapon most people will miss in the first game is still in and 2 of the new weapons have some similarites with the ones in the old game.

So what are all the currently known character's abilities and skills in the Multiplayer mode?

Bayonetta and Jeanne have all their old abilities + umbran climax

Rosa has all Bayos abilities but only her guns. Her Umbran climax summons a mech

The other two I havent seen in depth enough yet.

Do we know whether the Link, Samus and Peach costumes are all there is for Bayonetta 1? Or are there secret costumes to unlock?

Bayonetta 1 already had about 6 different costumes + color variants.

They are all here.

Spoilers if you havent played the original game.

http://youtu.be/xLtH3ivs11k

TreIII

nope BibleThump

tears, fam

Boooooooooo. And nothing on Loki, either?

I guess at this rate, we might as well start hoping that the Wii U gets cracked so that maybe the game being modded to use these characters in all of the modes is a possibility in the future

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah, havent really seen anyone use them in depth yet. As others have said its pretty shit they aren't at least in the lost chapter.

I agree. Missed opportunity.

Moving on, do we know if the Peach/Daisy costumes limit the Bowser summons to Wicked Weaves or are they actually used in any climax scenes?

I don't think they replace any of the actual summon monsters.

Boooooooooo. And nothing on Loki, either?

I guess at this rate, we might as well start hoping that the Wii U gets cracked so that maybe the game being modded to use these characters in all of the modes is a possibility in the future

loki doesnt have anything close to a usable moveset though. Yeah. I dont see if king fucking zero was playable in the first game, why they couldnt of just bastardised rodin and especially balder to fit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
To be fair though I dont think Nintendo would of been ok with how gory some of the summon scenes are. I dont think that was platinums choice.

Well honestly I would have been fine with using Bowser Arm's instead of the arms of Hecaton or whatever the 6 Arm Demon is from Bayo 1.

Just saw that Bayonetta 2 got a 10 in Edge magazine.

61880-George-Michael-its-happening-i-dNrF.gif

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Great news imo. Removing Witch Time wasn't the best way to maximize the difficulty, and it certainly didn't cause me to have the promised Non-Stop Infinite Climax.

Back to trying to avoid this thread...for real this time...

It's not about maximizing difficulty though. It's about upping the gamespeed and necessitating the use of dodge offset to mount any kind of offense. That's why it was such a genius decision for the mode.

Plus you could just use bracelet of time to have witch time, which I think is more fun than getting it from dodges as you have to manage your magic.

If there's no difficulty level that disables witch time that would be an incredible disappointment.

WTF I just received an email from amazon france saying me im not getting the legendary edition becuase there was a rupture of stock or some shit like that.
They dont give me anything for a change either. The only thing it says, if I understand that french correctly, we are very sorry but go and buy the normal 1+2 edition.

Fuck amazon france, fuck spanish Game, fuck every store with exclusives ever.

It's not about maximizing difficulty though. It's about upping the gamespeed and necessitating the use of dodge offset to mount any kind of offense. That's why it was such a genius decision for the mode.

Plus you could just use bracelet of time to have witch time, which I think is more fun than getting it from dodges as you have to manage your magic.

If there's no difficulty level that disables witch time that would be an incredible disappointment.

Well you don't have to worry about game speed, shit is stupid fast on Infinite Climax. Furthermore, the hitboxes are HUGE on a lot of these attacks, and the time requirements for Platinum are so strict, with witch time that's so small(like half a second sometimes), it pretty much necessitates the usage of Dodge Offset if you want a good grade.

There's various balance changes they've made, some seem to make it harder than Bayo 1, and some easier. Like, you got the Umbran Climax thing right. Great for crowd control or bosses, lot of points, its great. But Magic Gain in this game is really stingy, even if you're holding the guns down between moves, so its not like you're gonna have that going into every battle, and you really need to decide to use that on THIS battle instead of the next one, save up and just use some Crow Within to dart around, maybe Pulley's Butterfly, whatever. Also, you aren't just handed the Serious Mode for the big bosses anymore, you have to activate it yourself with the Umbran Climax, which is an obviously a limited resource.

On the boss front, spoilers,
there are a LOT more humanoid sized encounters. You got the Sage you fight 3 times ala Jeanne/Nero Angelo/Vorkken/Vergil/etc, there's the main antagonist dude you fight a couple times, spoiler boss guy you fight in a similar place to Balder, the queen of Hell, and then the final boss wisely went Sen. Armstrong size instead of trying to compete with Kamiya's giant-sized finales. Even the HUGE bosses tend to have more unique attacks then "check out my aoe nigga" than the first game, and you tend to fight them in unique ways like flying or underwater.

There isn't an item penalty anymore, I've noticed. In the first game, nobody used any damn items cuz the game would just laugh at you. Now you can use some, but you can only carry so many. Like, 3.

Doesn't seem to be any go-to weapons like the Kilgore or the Durga Claws and their OP bombs. A lot of viable lookin' gear; things that were underpowered like the 360 spin + shoot have been buffed up with more powerful shots and more points, even the whip seems good for more than "defeat all the enemies without touching the ground!" trials. Unique weapons that don't have the default pistol animations like the shotguns and the claws did in Bayo 1.

Structurally, the game is really similar to Bayo1.
Same number of chapters. There's the prologue fight, then the prologue chapter. There's 3 chapters in the European city with a giant boss to fight, there's a couple chapters where you visit another dimension, big boss chapters, recycled environment/enemies filler chapters, the chapter that's almost entirely a new gimmick form of traversal, etc. There's the rival you fight 3 times, the third time behind a vehicular gimmick section. Funny enough, they switched Jeanne 3 and final boss vehicle sections around, so now you got the short one before the Jeanne 3 equivalent and the long rail shooter one before the final boss. There's even a credits section where you fight in between them and a pole dance at the end, with the Kamiya-standard CONGRATULATIONS screen with all the characters in the game.

It made me think about Kamiya and Hashimoto's comments about how they used up so many good ideas on Bayo1, they had to really stretch themselves on Bayo2, to the point I'm not sure what a Bayonetta 3 could even do.
Between alllll the weapons they've added, the armies of Heaven and Hell as enemies, you fight the equivalent of God and Satan, you fight/alongside Bayo's mom and dad, you fight in the air/the sea/space/in a mech/horse/airplane...hell, there's even a co-op mode. They have fully exhausted all the possibilities of this franchise unless they radically changed into something totally different. The game concept has been fully mined now.

psychotron

Just saw that Bayonetta 2 got a 10 in Edge magazine.

That's awesome! I only played a small portion of Bayonetta 1 on 360, so I'm definitely picking this up. I do have one question for those who have played it....

When in combat she keeps yelling out something every few moves in the videos I've seen. What the hell is she yelling?

Dat rodin fight.

He is in demon form this time round and even if you pure platinumed the fight in Bayo 1, he is STILL gonna take your soul

I dont see anyone beating it anytime soon. Even the pros.

Edit: the fuck?
dat raging demon...

mrmickfran

Since the game supports the Classic Controller, how would you use the functions that require you to press the stick? I'm pretty sure that the CC doesn't have clickable buttons.

Aaaand it's done. Preordered Bayo 2 + 1 from Shopto, even though I still don't have Wii U. Bring on October the 24th!
And my Wii U, gotta buy that before Bayo comes out :D

Just saw the (weapon spoilers)
Chain Chomp
in action. No Wicked Weaves. Attacks autonomously when you aren't using it(though the attack is either really weak, or maybe does no damage but still stuns the enemy). Has its own idle animation.

It made me think about Kamiya and Hashimoto's comments about how they used up so many good ideas on Bayo1, they had to really stretch themselves on Bayo2, to the point I'm not sure what a Bayonetta 3 could even do.

Time for the QTJ History Teacher spinoff.

Top Bottom