• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Import |OT| In The Land Of The Rising Touch

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So was it ever confirmed if there's a difficulty beyond Infinite Climax?

I wonder if the weapon you get for completing it is as strong as Pillow Talk. That's how most people beat Rodin in the first game

So was it ever confirmed if there's a difficulty beyond Infinite Climax?

I wonder if the weapon you get for completing it is as strong as Pillow Talk. That's how most people beat Rodin in the first game

No, Non-Stop seems to be as far as it goes
and apparently you don't get any new weapons for beating it.

Also, in response to ViewtifulJC's post earlier - I think it's really interesting that they kind of went the NG / MGR route and integrated items into the game rather than making them "cheats" like you always see in Kamiya's games. I wonder if they're balanced well.

Mechazawa

Yeah, the orchestral stuff in 2 is easily hanging with the best of em from the first game.

The Moon River cover ain't even bumping elbows with Fly Me to the Moon, though.

Zenaku

Finished my 2nd playthrough on 3rd climax, and played the prologue on infinite... I might need a bit more practice with dodge offset, but it should be managable. Maybe.

TreIII

Also, in response to ViewtifulJC's post earlier - I think it's really interesting that they kind of went the NG / MGR route and integrated items into the game rather than making them "cheats" like you always see in Kamiya's games. I wonder if they're balanced well.

Well, not always. Beyond the "Take Two" item in Viewtiful Joe (which is much like the Red Hot Shot in Bayo), there were no real "penalities". And in the Take Two item's case, you pretty much were already doomed to suffer a low-ranking as a result of taking that many hits, anyway.

Otherwise, you were free to buy up and use as many of the Voomerangs and Shocking Pinks as you wished. Which was a good thing considering how GOOD Voomerangs could be against the likes of Fire Leo! :lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
No, Non-Stop seems to be as far as it goes
and apparently you don't get any new weapons for beating it.

I don't like this personally. I always thought the risk reward behind the item systems in DMC1 and Bayonetta was really well designed and makes sense in games that are designed and balanced to be completed without ever taking damage.

If you take away the penalty....the items don't make sense. If yellow lollipops and red lollipops don't have a penalty then you might as well just let people use Climax Bracelet on Leaderboards. They all break the game just the same

Saw a part of the (post-game spoilers)
Rodin fight. Stopped when he activated Devil Trigger. If that's his Umbran Climax, then I'm kinda hoping he can fly with those wings, like the Alastor DT in DMC1.

I don't like this personally. I always thought the risk reward behind the item systems in DMC1 and Bayonetta was really well designed and makes sense in games that are designed and balanced to be completed without ever taking damage.

If you take away the penalty....the items don't make sense. If yellow lollipops and red lollipops don't have a penalty then you might as well just let people use Climax Bracelet on Leaderboards. They all break the game just the same

Here's hoping someone brings this to their attention and they're allowed to patch it.

aborath

Neo Member
Aaaand it's done. Preordered Bayo 2 + 1 from Shopto, even though I still don't have Wii U. Bring on October the 24th!
And my Wii U, gotta buy that before Bayo comes out :D

Might want to check this out. I bought one a few weeks ago, and it's in basically perfect condition.

Well, not always. Beyond the "Take Two" item in Viewtiful Joe (which is much like the Red Hot Shot in Bayo), there were no real "penalities". And in the Take Two item's case, you pretty much were already doomed to suffer a low-ranking as a result of taking that many hits, anyway.

Otherwise, you were free to buy up and use as many of the Voomerangs and Shocking Pinks as you wished. Which was a good thing considering how GOOD Voomerangs could be against the likes of Fire Leo! :lol

Yeah, that is true, I forgot about that actually. Wonderful 101 has an item like that too, right?

I think I agree, really. I don't like how Metal Gear Rising handles items, especially the offensive ones. If items work like they do in Ninja Gaiden Black, I might be okay with it, but I don't think the first Bayonetta's items would work in a system like that anyway.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'll keep an open mind until I see the whole picture myself.

but I thought the system was perfect in the first game, so I'm curious why they decided to tinker with it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm at chapter 5. do we know (under spoiler) how many chapter the main story is?
Btw: HOLY F*CKING CRAP at the Chapter 4 "encounter"...!!!! That fight was INCREDIBLE.
I am really impressed by this game even having already loved the first one. Am I the only one?

Kouriozan

I'm weak, I watched a playthrough until chapter 9, when I saw that cutscene I said "NOPE", and closed my browser.
Can't we be October 24 already T_T

I'm at chapter 5. do we know (under spoiler) how many chapter the main story is?
Btw: HOLY F*CKING CRAP at the Chapter 4 "encounter"...!!!! That fight was INCREDIBLE.
I am really impressed by this game even having already loved the first one. Am I the only one?

16 chapters + Prologue + somehow playable introduction

Shawn6661

Gamekult.com Import Review

+ a mastered rhythm all the time
+ orgasmic fights
+ unbeatable game system
+ a lot of stuff to unlock
+ fabulous costumes
+ excellent Double Climax mode
+ Bayonetta explodes all counters
+ nice graphics...

- ... except on urban scenery and some cutscenes.
-the air / water boss fights
- scenario even worst than before and botched ending

9/10 (editor's choice)

KooopaKid

Banned
Gamekult.com Import Review

+ a mastered rhythm all the time
+ orgasmic fights
+ unbeatable game system
+ a lot of stuff to unlock
+ fabulous costumes
+ excellent Double Climax mode
+ Bayonetta explodes all counters
+ nice graphics...

- ... except on urban scenery and some cutscenes.
-the air / water boss fights
- scenario even worst than before and botched ending

9/10 (editor's choice)

Ding ding ding we have a winner!
For info, they gave the first one an 8.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Im just happy rodin has his own unique model this time

My Japanese copy arrived today at my door!
But I wasn't home because of "work".
And the post office won't make it available for pickup until monday 11AM.
Which is another day at "work".
Meaning, I'll only have it in my hands Tuesday morning 'cause I'll be free that day...

I wanted to play this weekend FFS D:

The moon of kalamaladingdong is still in right? Does it still function the same way? I never really used it until after play metal gear rising and it was weird going from pressing the stick and attack at the same time, to just pressing the stick.

Azure J

OK, so I said I wasn't going to check spoilers out for this game and I've kept to it until I saw JC's post. Curiosity is a powerful thing. That said (quote spoilered for safety):

well you know Bayo 1 had all kinds of obscure ass unlockables so who knows, and I haven't watched many videos yet, but he did tell me some of em:

Rosa(Bayo's mom, right? She's in the intro, the church get-up. Really powerful offense, but her defense is post-The Cool Lupe tier),

e5fXW.png

That might be the single best way I've ever seen something described ever.

TunaUppercut

Neo Member
Doesn't seem to be any go-to weapons like the Kilgore or the Durga Claws and their OP bombs. A lot of viable lookin' gear; things that were underpowered like the 360 spin + shoot have been buffed up with more powerful shots and more points, even the whip seems good for more than "defeat all the enemies without touching the ground!" trials. Unique weapons that don't have the default pistol animations like the shotguns and the claws did in Bayo 1.

Game is sounding great. I'm happy to hear that weapons seem to be balanced. Glad I ordered a copy.

Anyone know if there are any changes to the combo ranking system or is it the same as the first Bayonetta? For example does the game rank you down or give you less combo points for using the same move over and over again?

He's saying that her defense would be considered a war crime in some parts of the world

Ehh.

I still like his newer stuff.

He just suffers from Kayne syndrome.

Regarding the
rodin fight,
the uploader put this in the description:-

By the way, you get the weapon called "Rodin" and defeat the Rodin.
This weapon is very interesting because it transformed into a variety of weapons the devil angels and weapons by the command.

At the same I think it is a personal thing, but those who were removed is good witch strike.
(., Such as aerial P because you can not jump in after cancellation)

It is stock shop by making it more than the Gold evaluation of all chapters of difficulty 2nd CLIMAX.
By the way, Climax Brace2 is stock shop When you platinum or more.

Is she saying that the
Climax brace 2 removes witch time? Excellent if true.

Me and Sirpallazzo were watching a dude use Rosa against Rodin...you get hit twice you done lol.

He's also the only non GIANT enemy in the game who can't be grabbed with the whip for easy knockdown abuse. You just gotta fight that dude straight up

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is she saying that the
Climax brace 2 removes witch time? Excellent if true.

I think the player is saying that you lose some good moves when using
Rodin
because of how it works

All they say about those other weapons is that they're unlocked by getting overall gold and platinum ranks on all chapters on 2nd Climax(Normal?) difficulty

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
But now they need to PP it :p

They basically did. Platinum on time and combo and only made two mistakes

Not sure why ThoughtsOfSpeaking hyped this encounter up so much. Thought the method to clear it would be alot less straightforward than that.

Looks really fun though.

Zenaku

She's saying that
getting Platinum on every chapter for 2nd climax gets you Climax Bracelet, gold gets you bracelet of time.

They basically did. Platinum on time and combo and only made two mistakes

Not sure why ThoughtsOfSpeaking hyped this encounter up so much. Thought the method to clear it would be alot less straightforward than that.

Looks really fun though.

I dont like cheesing a boss. When we start seeing people taking him out in style, then Ill retract my statement.

And that raging demon is no joke. That is breaking controller shit right there.

Anywho, on to other matters. I played the game at eurogamer yesterday. The gamepad is a no go for me. Is there any good 3rd party controllers for the WiiU? Preferably with 360 style analog sticks and larger flatter face buttons.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man I really want to buy this day 1 to not only support Nintendo for backing the game, but support who ever decided to include the first game free of charge. As a consumer, that's just a huge bonus value added and it's that type of practice we should all support. However, I'm so broke right now it's not even funny and I would rather wait until I can afford it than resort to trading in games to have it now. Feels bad man. :/

Adaren

I'll keep an open mind until I see the whole picture myself.

but I thought the system was perfect in the first game, so I'm curious why they decided to tinker with it.

Not sure I'd say 1 item = half a death (rounded up) is perfect. Using a single small healing lollipop was equivalent to dying in the first game, score-wise.

Can anyone who played/watched the entire game answer this please?

It's not a deal breaker, but I'm interested in knowing.

no not really.

There is a brief plane shooting section but it doesnt overstay its welcome. It also changes the plane to a an airwing if you are weariing the starfox costume. The other one is in the umbran mech and its pretty badass and brief

Top Bottom