• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

I'm still deciding whether or not I need to pick up a Pro Controller- I think I will need to...

Can't be playing this on the GamePad!

Dooooo it!

Do it.

I don't know how anyone can play bayo 2 competently with the gamepad.

The damn thing cramps my hands like no business.

Go for it :D I I like the Gamepad but it doesn't feel the same as a proper controller.

Listen to all these guys I just bought a PRO controller myself for this. It just got delivered to my house today :D.

Has anyone played Smash with a Wii U Pro Controller? How does it feel? Cause i can't justify buying one for Bayo 2 only, then getting a GCN controller in a few weeks. Too many peripherals, too much money that could go to one of the 10 games I'm looking at.

Someone halp

Saro

I'm salty as hell, I have midterms on Friday and Monday and an essay due Tuesday(I want to play it over the weekend so badly) <.<

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
To those who are buying Pro Controllers : consider the Mayflash adapter to use it on your PC if you need a nice Xinput/Dinput pad.

So after work I looked around and there was Bayo2 at the store... I snatched that up together with a WiiU Pro controller, at home I realised there was no Bayo1 disc inside because I'm an idiot and didn't inform myself prior to buying.... I joked around before that I would buy more than one copy of the game... but now I actually did, went to another store and they had the Special Edition, went home with that. Now all I need is that first print thing or the collectors edition and the wallet is finally finished!

Has anyone played Smash with a Wii U Pro Controller? How does it feel? Cause i can't justify buying one for Bayo 2 only, then getting a GCN controller in a few weeks. Too many peripherals, too much money that could go to one of the 10 games I'm looking at.

Someone halp

10 games?

7 of those probably suck balls.

There, saved you some money.

An-Det

I still need to pick up a Pro Controller, but I'm hyped. A bit concerned since Target's site says they don't sell it in stores though, since I'd love to get the game half off with my gift card, so we'll see tomorrow where I end up getting it.

10 games?

7 of those probably suck balls.

There, saved you some money.

Bionic pls this is not halping

The main thing is that I'd like to avoid is buying 2 Nintendo controllers for 2 separate games that I'll likely never use for anything else. If the pro controller isn't :scust: for Smash, I'd be fine sticking with that.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Do it.

I don't know how anyone can play bayo 2 competently with the gamepad.

The damn thing cramps my hands like no business.

But
Off
TV
play!

---

Ok...how hard is this game to get the hang of? I'm deliberately avoiding the demo and I've never played Bayo 1. I'm playing through Wonderful 101 at the moment and loving it...

...but which is it? Is it more like w101 where you feel utterly lost until things click and then it's magical, or is it more accessible?

Also, how hard is it on normal? I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus on normal and then hard, but had to bump w101 down to easy (at least for my first play through).

Thanks!

But
Off
TV
play!

---

Ok...how hard is this game to get the hang of? I'm deliberately avoiding the demo and I've never played Bayo 1. I'm playing through Wonderful 101 at the moment and loving it...

...but which is it? Is it more like w101 where you feel utterly lost until things click and then it's magical, or is it more accessible?

Also, how hard is it on normal? I played Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus on normal and then hard, but had to bump w101 down to easy (at least for my first play through).

Thanks!

I can only answer from playing 1 and the demo but it is very accessible. It is much more forgiving than Ninja Gaiden I found.

Trago

Once I buy the game tomorrow, I'm going on OT blackout until I finish Bayo 1 and 2.

It's just gonna be me, my Wii U, in the bedroom doing non stop climax action.

See y'all on the other side!

But
Off
TV
play!

---

Thanks!

Off tv play is great as a distraction, but you need a controller for the main course.

You will have a much eaiser time getting to grips with bayonetta.

Squishy3

But
Off
TV
play!

---

Thanks!
It's more accessible at first, but it's also more unforgiving in ways The Wonderful 101 isn't. For example, there's QTEs spread throughout the first game (removed entirely in the second, I believe) that lead to an instant death if you aren't paying attention. There's other things that are noticeably harder, I think W101 is the easier game once you get the hang of it down, while Bayo will still push people to the limit who are familiar with the game.

I have this baby coming tomorrow
Bayonetta-2-%C3%A9dition-sp%C3%A9ciale-limit%C3%A9e1.jpg

The demo was so awesome, I know I'm going to play this the whole week-end :)

Chû Totoro;135605932 said:
I have this baby coming tomorrow

The demo was so awesome, I know I'm going to play this the whole week-end :)
Amazon france cancelled my order weeks after. Fuck them

Just preordered the 2+1 version on game.es Hope its here on monday at least.

My Amazon order has an estimated delivery of Saturday. I'm assuming it will probably be here tomorrow but I'll expect it Saturday to avoid disappointment.

I have had a pretty bad week so I'm looking forward to getting lost in some Bayo goodness.

Amazon france cancelled my order weeks after. Fuck them

Just preordered the 2+1 version on game.es Hope its here on monday at least.

Oh sorry to hear that but you'll get both games anyway so you'll do the most important thing : enjoy the game. And Bayonetta is fighting with such grace and class that she'll make you forget the little things you'd miss from the collector edition.
is it ok to say that I'm in love? lol

I feel the opposite is true for me.
But I'm excited to grab both!

I get you.

But Ive been playing Bayonetta on and off for nearly 5 years and im still just as exicted for a fresh playthrough as I ever was.

If that is not a ringing endorsment of the games replay value, i don't know what is. I expect Bayo 2 to be almost as good.

Never played it tbh. Found the demo on 360 too hectic I guess. Well...didn't give the game a fair chance I think. Going through my collection of EDGE magazines recently, I was intrigued by the 10/10 from EDGE. So...Half an hour ago I walked I to my local Mediamarkt and was lucky to buy the last First Print Edition. Hope I will enjoy it, this thread and all other Bayonetta threads made me jump the hypetrain.

TylerD

Mine arrives Tuesday from Amazon. Oops!

Got my Japanese Pro Controller (black) yesterday and it feels great with Bayo 2 demo. Looks like I will have a longer wait.

Tanooki_Suit_Up

Neo Member
Bought Bayo 1 for 360 a week before it was announced that Bayo 2 came bundled with the remastered original. Womp womp. Decided to wait for the WiiU version anyways, and glad I did, with all the new improvements.

That's a fantastic OP, Nemesis.
The Wonderful 101 was my first Platinum game and I had a lot of fun with it. I played the Bayonetta 2 demo and fell in love with it. I think I'm going to love it even more than W101 especially since it has the first game included.

Top Bottom