• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

JEKKI

yyyyeeeaaayyy~!!!

I PP'd alfheim 13!!

it wasnt even hard... for realz, gaze of despair and fighting on the opposite side of your bubble is the way to go!!

I knew there was a trick to it!!

other than that... I dont really like odette much, but I force myself to use it coz of variety...

my current setup is:

shotgun hands/odette, and whip/durga.

Im gonna switch odette with durga as I barely use my whip setup as it is... only in certain situations, so odette will be my reserve/variety attack as well!!

other than that... does any1 have any tips for getting PP in chapter 9 verse 4?? It's the one where you're being chased by the bowling ball and hafta out run it...

I couldnt even get a platinum medal running from the lava -_-

Mrbob

Fimbulvetr said:
So about those Bayonetta spin-off rumors:

I kinda hope they do something with a Lumen Sage as the protagonist.

It is an interesting idea....I dunno how I would like the a sequel without Bayonetta as the main character though.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:
It is an interesting idea....I dunno how I would like the a sequel without Bayonetta as the main character though.
A colleague and I were discussing the possibilities of a Rodin spin-off.

We were thinking God Hand 2 (purely thanks to the tattoos and homerun reference in the opening cutscene!) with Kamiya and Platinum's magic... Whaddya reckon?

NIN90

Guys, what's the best chapter for the "beat 100 chapters" unlock?
I guess the The Vestibule (the chapter in the graveyard) ?

BeeDog

My PS3 Climax Edition did arrive yesterday even though I wished for it to get lost in the mail. :lol Still, with the new patch information, I'm glad it arrived, but I'll wait for the patch before starting the game.

Dreavus

Great news about the patch. While simultaneously trying to get through Hard mode and Platinum normal mode, the load times were starting to get to me, ESPECIALLY when trying to retry verses that I fucked up on (in normal). I'm interested to see how much quicker it will be after this.

B-Genius said:
A colleague and I were discussing the possibilities of a Rodin spin-off.

We were thinking God Hand 2 (purely thanks to the tattoos and homerun reference in the opening cutscene!) with Kamiya and Platinum's magic... Whaddya reckon?

That or Capcom could call DMC5's character Gene, make the game awesome and hilarious and call it God Hand 2.

More seriously, I don't like to speculate but I'd be all over such a spin-off.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Apparently I am missing quite a few verses per chapter - thing is, I wouldn't know where. Very strange. Well, at least that will give it replayability.

Also, I have absolutely no clue what the magic meter is for :lol

elostyle said:
Apparently I am missing quite a few verses per chapter - thing is, I wouldn't know where. Very strange. Well, at least that will give it replayability.

Also, I have absolutely no clue what the magic meter is for :lol

yes I want to know what can you do with magic meter other than filling it up for a Torture attack ???

V_Arnold

Unregistered007 said:
yes I want to know what can you do with magic meter other than filling it up for a Torture attack ???

You summon up your huge hands and boots with it, if they are not appearing inside a combo. If a combo leads to them, fine, but outside of it, it depletes meter, as far as I know. Might be wrong, ofc.

Unregistered007 said:

Here are the ones I rembember that consume magic :

- Instant wicked weaves (< >P and <>K after purchasing the techniques) ;
- Umbran spear technique (double Tap RB/R1) ;
- witch time on demand (with bracelet of time) ;
- witch time activation when hit (with selene's light)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
zoukka said:
I'm a pause my playthrough for the patch. The loading times were almost game breaking.

Worst offender was when you press Start instead of Select.

I'd always go
wqplqa.jpg

As for the patch itself, I'm torn between "AT LAST!!" and "too little, too late". But I was having a break from the game and won't go back to Chapter 9 Hard before trying out the patch.

Drame

Great to see that the PS3 version is getting patched, but Sega should have included a optional install from the beginning.

dkeane

I'm so happy about the patch, I haven't had any desire to play the game due to the absurd load times. This game and No More Heroes 2 are going to make a good weekend to chill and play some games.

rocK`

Banned
I beat this game on normal and I don't think I touched half of the game. I never bought a treasure, I had only Durga and the blade (lol) and went to 2 alfheims that I found.

Might want to 100% this game, it's awesome.

I also never bought an accessory :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
border said:
I think you need the Bracelet of Time so that all your combos are in Witch Time. And the Gaze of Despair to up your combo bonus. I don't have it yet, but still make about 500K on the boss.

I figured I was missing something. Thanks.
FYI, 500K on the chapter II boss is a waste of time.
Just spam lighting Durga punches against the chapter vii boss and you'll easily get over a million halos if you have Selene's Light and the Gaze of Despair. And since that chapter is ONLY a boss, it's much faster than farming via chapter ii without a fully working Kilgore exploit. You should be able to make over a million every 6 minutes or so.

tirminyl

Finally decided to beat this game last night. So much fun. I love it. After beating it last night, I immediately started over and will try to improve my combat so I get anything other than a stone award.

Tonza

I cleared hard mode yesterday and today I started working on getting platinums in each chapter on normal. (+ doing all the alfheims)

I've been using bazillions on both hands and legs. Are they good or should I switch to something else for easier plats? I just like laser guns though. :lol My other set is Shuraba and kilgores. For most of my game time I've used the Shuraba. It seems really powerfull and it has nice range.

Mrbob said:

Well it could just be a spinoff, different title same universe and lore.

Hell, since the Lumen and Umbra are so different they could maybe make the spiritual successor to God Hand instead of continuing with the DMC formula or even create a completely new combat system.

rocK` said:
I beat this game on normal and I don't think I touched half of the game. I never bought a treasure, I had only Durga and the blade (lol) and went to 2 alfheims that I found.

Wow, you just described my exact playthrough first time through!
:lol
Gotta go back and play some more.

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
Wow, you just described my exact playthrough first time through!
:lol
Gotta go back and play some more.

Same here didn't buy anything on the first normal run. Realized at the end it might have been easier if I would have purchased the moves and accessories.

Mrbob

cosmicblizzard said:
Dammit! A patch is announced the second I finish the game :/

Finishing the game is just the beginning. :p Replayability is huge with some of the unlockables and upgrades you can get which change your tactics. Plus hard mode is a nice bump in difficulty.

I have my ME2 CE on delivery from amazon, so I'm trying to squeeze in Darksiders before it comes. Then I can get back to playing Bayonetta between my ME2 and Madden sessions.

LiK

Mrbob said:
Finishing the game is just the beginning. :p Replayability is huge with some of the unlockables and upgrades you can get which change your tactics. Plus hard mode is a nice bump in difficulty.

I have my ME2 CE on delivery from amazon, so I'm trying to squeeze in Darksiders before it comes. Then I can get back to playing Bayonetta between my ME2 and Madden sessions.
Yea, I'm way into ME2 right now. Will go for my platinum in Bayo when ME2 is done

K' Dash

Ok I need a little help, I finished the game on normal yesterday so now I'm trying to buy everything available, but the are a bunch of items in "Coming Soon" status, WTF with this?, I maybe have some LP shards missing but this can't be all, every fucking perfume is locked, anyone care to tell me what I'm missing, also there are like 5 accesories locked too.

Thanks in advance.

Natural

rocK` said:

Same here. I didn't buy a single thing through my first playthrough, and by the end I ended up with ~500000 Halos.

Thought I'd start on Hard, and actually buy some Accessories/Techniques this time.

Today I decided to abuse the taunt accessory and make a real attempt at the lost chapter.

Well, I fucked up royally at the verse 3
golem
after enraging it, as well as the level before that and I was stuck at a sliver of life. My first thought on entering the next portal was "I hope there's something I can taunt safely through here"

Nope,
Jeanne + Gracious and Glorious
. I died.

The patch is fantastic news for PS3 players. Kudos to Sega. Never thought it'd come

nodish2

Banned
K' Dash said:
Ok I need a little help, I finished the game on normal yesterday so now I'm trying to buy everything available, but the are a bunch of items in "Coming Soon" status, WTF with this?, I maybe have some LP shards missing but this can't be all, every fucking perfume is locked, anyone care to tell me what I'm missing, also there are like 5 accesories locked too.

Thanks in advance.

There are some conditions that have to be fulfilled in order to unlock the items. Just check a faqs page.

I always admit when I am wrong and wow am I ever wrong.

I was one who thought Kamiya was overrated and Kamiya fanboys like C-Warrior put me off Bayonetta and so did the character design. After playing this game I must admit this is the best game made from Kamiya that I have ever played. The game play is really amazing and flows like water in a stream. I think Bayonetta as a character is great, the more I play the game, the more I like her design and attitude.

I believe in Kamiya now.

LiK

Phoenix Fang said:

I was one who thought Kamiya was overrated and Kamiya fanboys like C-Warrior put me off Bayonetta and so did the character design. After playing this game I must admit this is the best game made from Kamiya that I have ever played. The game play is really amazing and flows like water in a stream. I think Bayonetta as a character is great, the more I play the game, the more I like her design and attitude.

I believe in Kamiya now.
Yea boooyyy!

Filldough

Phoenix Fang said:

I believe in Kamiya now.

Agree. While I never really thought Kamiya was overrated I didn't understand the insane hype being shown for Bayonetta until I played it. Fucking fantastic game. I haven't had a game beat me down so relentlessly since DMC3. The strange thing is that I keep coming back for more. DMC3 I eventually gave up on but something about Bayonetta keeps me coming back... perhaps its her amazing ass :) I'm kidding, gameplay is top notch, so responsive and fluid like you said, even when I fail miserably (and holy shit do I fail miserably) I don't feel like its being cheap or unfair, I just have to figure out the right strategy for each character and to me its been really rewarding struggling thru this gem of an action game.

Wow, I did Infinite Climax last night! :D I'm 30G from 1000 :eek: It was so much fun.

The only Achievement I'm missing is Angel Slayer--completing all Alfheims.

Speaking of, the first one available in Chapter VI is bullshit! (The Torture Attack one) It's totally glitching on me =/ I know for a fucking fact that I executed over 5 TAs, yet it only counted 4 of them. What stung the most was the time I actually finished with my final TA on the dog...yet the counter stayed at 4. Awesome. I was like, "YES!" followed by, "WHAT THE FUUUUCK! ARRRRGH!" It's such an annoying Alfheim.

It didn't seem to count the ones I immediately did on Grace/Glory =/ My next thought was that maybe it doesn't count them if you don't kill them with the TA, but it feels contradictory because I ended it once with a TA kill on the dog, yet the counter didn't go up.

Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.

Well, anyway, I'll tackle it again today since it pissed me off so much last night.

Top Bottom