• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
bathala said:
stupid animal form.

Now every time I try to dodge, i turn to a friggin panther.

can't the taunt button multi-task. geez

You can also accidentally break dance if you don't know what you're doing. Basically don't wail on the dodge trigger and learn when to time it right.

I'm trying to beat it on Hard now and pick up all the accessories I missed. So far my favorite weapon combo is Shuraba and Odette. I like the swiftness of both weapons together and I LOVE turning angels into ice cubes.

I really want to unlock Jeanne, so going to do a Plat run after I beat it on hard.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
thebaroness said:
I really want to unlock Jeanne, so going to do a Plat run after I beat it on hard.

This is what I did, and to be honest, it's not as hard as it seems. It's very lenient and you'll unlock her pretty easily. Just keep in mind that missing more than 1 Verse, will screw your score up.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
if you're mashing the dodge button, you're doing it wrong =p

it's not like she'll do two quick dodges, you can't trigger another dodge until the first one is finished.

Beezy

bathala said:
stupid animal form.

Now every time I try to dodge, i turn to a friggin panther.

can't the taunt button multi-task. geez
You can turn it off. Check the book that lists your moves. Or you can learn to not mash dodge.

TheCardPlayer said:
This is what I did, and to be honest, it's not as hard as it seems. It's very lenient and you'll unlock her pretty easily. Just keep in mind that missing more than 1 Verse, will screw your score up.

Yeah I have almost straight silvers, and I have Platinums on the first 4 levels. I'm getting pretty good at finding all the hidden verses and Alfheims, it's PurePlatinums that seem out of reach for me. I always take to long or get hit one or twice :lol

JEKKI

grrrr!!! I still cant beat this!!

alfheim # 13!!

I swear... Ima make a montage video of all my failures...

it's like everytime I go and attack an enemy, an enemy off screen hits my bubble self!!!

I youtubed it and... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxlSW6Qeyik

I guess the trick is to stay on the opposite end of the bubble??

I definitely gotta try that... tomorrow.

Dreavus

JEKKI said:

alfheim # 13!!

it's like everytime I go and attack an enemy, an enemy off screen hits my bubble self!!!

Hmm, when I did that one, even when staying far away from my bubble, a few guys would still run and try to strike it when I was not actively killing them. I think the key here is to use the gaze of despair to keep them completely focused on you. I'll have to try again when I have time, but in that video they definitely were not going after the bubble at all.

LiK

JEKKI said:

alfheim # 13!!

This one was easy, got it first try. Just make the bubble in the edge of the arena and kill everything quickly. if any guys go near your bubble, take them out asap. I assume you're playing this on Normal.

MattyH

Finished it on inf climax mode earlier just need the last damn moon pearl for the treasure achevement but i cant find it
ive run through all chapters a few times and checked all chests etc
done all the portal challenges and got all the witch hearts
any ideas guys

If you feel like you need to mash to dodge, use RB+A (R1+X) while pressing in a direction to dodge. Shit's handy for the kinship missiles. Mostly though, don't mash.

Minamu

The picture quality is god awful for a 720p video :S Good stuff though. You're obviously good at this :lol I'm not a fan of the cuts between battles though. Do it faster to fit it all in a 10 minute clip! :D Or multiple per level.

Minamu said:
The picture quality is god awful for a 720p video :S Good stuff though. You're obviously good at this :lol I'm not a fan of the cuts between battles though. Do it faster to fit it all in a 10 minute clip! :D Or multiple per level.

Unfortunately I just uploaded it and it will take an hour or two for Youtube to process the HD version. The other vids are ok. Thanks, though. I'm ok at the game, always improving or learning something new, at least. edit - 720p is up now

Sorry about the vid cuts but I don't want to have to split it up into multiple videos.

forgrim

MattyH said:
Finished it on inf climax mode earlier just need the last damn moon pearl for the treasure achevement but i cant find it
ive run through all chapters a few times and checked all chests etc
done all the portal challenges and got all the witch hearts
any ideas guys

i'm hoping you bought the ones in the shop...of course, i'm guessing ur missing a broken moon pearl neways...if you got all the achievements for the portal challenges and chests, i'm at a loss.

JEKKI

LiK said:
This one was easy, got it first try. Just make the bubble in the edge of the arena and kill everything quickly. if any guys go near your bubble, take them out asap. I assume you're playing this on Normal.
The problem with hitting enemies when they get close is that they don't suffer from hitstun

if u try pkp combo, your 3rd p doesn't come out soon enough and you get hit

the only other option is insta weave move or torture attack, but even so the challenge always seems to get you.

Beating it isn't hard, it's getting pure plat that is frustrating

-edit-

lol i'm in my work's breakroom and the news talked about a hawaiin hurricane or something...

The trivia question was what does "hideki" mean?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I never knew about this tidbit:

if you KO with the shoulder check move(Tetsuzanko), she says "Juunen hayai wa yo!" which means "You're ten years too early(to defeat me)!" lol

LiK

JEKKI said:
The problem with hitting enemies when they get close is that they don't suffer from hitstun

if u try pkp combo, your 3rd p doesn't come out soon enough and you get hit

the only other option is insta weave move or torture attack, but even so the challenge always seems to get you.

Beating it isn't hard, it's getting pure plat that is frustrating

-edit-

lol i'm in my work's breakroom and the news talked about a hawaiin hurricane or something...

The trivia question was what does "hideki" mean?
Oh, going for PP? That's another story. You use the charge attack for the sword?

Alx

XiaNaphryz said:
I never knew about this tidbit:

Funny, another easter egg linked to a Sega franchise. :D
What does she say when blocking with the moon of "shakalaka" by the way ?

Mrbob

What accessories do you guys recommend using?

I have the accessory equpied that lets me counter enemy attacks and knock them back into witch time...then also the one which constantly taunts enemies. This allows me to get higher scores...the counter accessory and the technique you can buy which lets you avoid a strike seem necessary to use in hard mode.

thundr51

Anybody have an strategies for the first alfheim with Jeanne? I simply CANNOT get into witch time reliably with her. I know you have to dodge when you get hit but after playing so much with Bayo, I'm dodging too early.

Just curious, would the Mahala-kalaa accessory help any? I remember when countering you would get witch time but not sure it would work here.

Mrbob

Yes I used that almost exclusively in hard mode to counter her attacks and get into witch mode to lay down the beating.

Zertez

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm almost positive you can turn Panther form off, can't you?
I'm pretty sure you can not turn off panther. You can turn off bat and crow. Maybe I'm missing something but it is not in my book for techniques that are toggable.

Anso

Finally got around to playing this sporadically the last two nights. Just as good as I hoped so far. Just finished Chapter V, died numerous times on normal
because of a sensitive camera on that falling snake bridge, what the flying fuck!?

Is it okay to have sex with games?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Want to play so much, but for some stupid reason, it's taking well over an hour to transfer like 8GBs of crap from my old 360's HDD to my new 360's HDD. Le sigh.

GunFalcon

sorry for the noob-like question but what's the best combo to use to break those doors quickly? I'm early in the game and the door requires me to be in witch mode but by the time I run down the hall and start attacking, the power wears off.

Mejilan

Punch Kick Punch is always nice. Quick 3 hits, last of which is a Wicked Weave.
That said, you have like a good 10 second window for activating the slow mo, so get as close to the barrier as possible before you initiate.

Dizzle24

MiamiWesker said:
Posted? Patch for PS3 coming in two days.

It lets us install the game for less load times. It took them that long to let us install the game.

Will this include the JPN version as well? I'm asking because I imported the JPN version for my US console back in November...so will it detect on my US PSN account or will I need to use a JPN PSN account?

:D

Dizzle24 said:
Will this include the JPN version as well? I'm asking because I imported the JPN version for my US console back in November...so will it detect on my US PSN account or will I need to use a JPN PSN account?

You will be fine. The patch news came from GPara which is a Japanese gaming website

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Considering the 360 install actually makes the framerate and such slightly worse, wouldn't a PS3 install do the same?

The_Dude

Just got Platinums on all chapters on Normal, including two Pure Platinums. I'm actually in physical pain :lol . Absolutely loved the game aside from Chapter VIII (I even found the three normal verses annoying), and Chapter XIV's first two verses weren't great, though not too bad.

Anyway, time to take a couple of days break and then dive into Hard mode :D

Mejilan

1) Been breaking in my new 360 with Bayonetta's post-game stuff. After having played it completely on normal off disc on my old 360, and now having spent 1.5 hours on it installed on my new 360, I can definitely confirm that tearing and especially framerate are markedly worse when installed. Pity. Going to uninstall before continuing tomorrow.

2) I tried doing the Kilgore exploit during chapter 2, but totally did not get a huge amount of cash. Anyone have a vid of it in action?

border

Mejilan said:
2) I tried doing the Kilgore exploit during chapter 2, but totally did not get a huge amount of cash. Anyone have a vid of it in action?
I think you need the Bracelet of Time so that all your combos are in Witch Time. And the Gaze of Despair to up your combo bonus. I don't have it yet, but still make about 500K on the boss.

Just finished this on normal what a great game, and I feel like I just scratched the surface. :D
Platinum really should be proud of their efforts. Anyone who is still on the fence on this really needs to add this to their collection.

skrilla

Neo Member
Dizzle24 said:

man i was just wondering the same thing... any definite answers out there or am i going to have to wait until thursday?

Tokubetsu

Just beat HARD. Bought that bomb rosary and duraga alts....Really wish I had them during hard. Christ both items are awesome. Started using lightning duragas and they fucking rock. The bombs on dodge are actually really awesome too.

Are there any significant differences between hard and infinite climax besides no witch time?

Also how do I get odette and nunchucks?

thundr51 said:
Anybody have an strategies for the first alfheim with Jeanne? I simply CANNOT get into witch time reliably with her. I know you have to dodge when you get hit but after playing so much with Bayo, I'm dodging too early.

Just curious, would the Mahala-kalaa accessory help any? I remember when countering you would get witch time but not sure it would work here.

Use the moon of mahaa-kalaa counter parry. The WT also lasts longer.

Top Bottom