• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
jett said:
Good lord I'm in Chapter X...whoever says that the framerate issues don't affect the gameplay are really wrong. Route 666 was pretty much ruined, I bet it's immeasurably better on the 360. Often I have trouble reacting to the enemies' attack too, mostly because of the slow framerate. Still fun, but it feels wrong to experience the game like this. :p
Well, Route 666 is always ruined.

jett said:
Good lord I'm in Chapter X...whoever says that the framerate issues don't affect the gameplay are really wrong. Route 666 was pretty much ruined, I bet it's immeasurably better on the 360. Often I have trouble reacting to the enemies' attack too, mostly because of the slow framerate. Still fun, but it feels wrong to experience the game like this. :p

I'm usually pretty sensitive to framerate changes, but I had no problems with Route 666. I agree that the framerate is very bad in the beginning (which you only play once or twice anyway) and at the start of one chapter where you are in front of a fountain (don't remember the name/number right now) but that's the worst it gets. Whenever you get into an Alfheim and fight in a corner with 5 angels at 60FPS is like OMG MY EYES ARE MELTING FROM THE AWESOMENESS but I got used to the 35-45 FPS pretty soon. The controls are responsive whatever the framerate as well.

Yeah, I try the 360 demo and want to cry, but I love Bayonetta anyway. Even on PS3 it craps all over any other game in the genre, personally.

Just try not to think about it, it worked for me. 98% of the time the framerate is fine, not 60FPS fine but... oh well.

Holy crap Bayonetta DRAWS a B and a heart with her bullets if you shoot at a wall? :LOL

This game is so amazing.

Cutie J does something like that too, check it out ;)

Veelk

Banned
Route 666 and the missile riding mission are pretty much the worst things in the game. And, salt on the wound, the 20 minute missile riding mission is a required prelude to the best Jeanne fight. I would give my right testicle if they could patch in a verse selector to bayonetta so I could fight that fight more.

jett

D-Member
dankir said:
Are we going to hear about Bayonetta 2 at e3?? I need my fix!!

I hope so. I want to see Bayonetta 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 double-team DmC :lol

I asked Kamiya on twitter about it and he said I should beat B1 first. :p

I'm about 7 hours in now. I still maintain that the soundtrack really bothers me. It's generic techno corn. Again, amazing controls, amazing combat but I don't really like the game's style all around outside of Bayonetta herself.

ApolloJoh

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm about 7 hours in now. I still maintain that the soundtrack really bothers me. It's generic techno corn. Again, amazing controls, amazing combat but I don't really like the game's style all around outside of Bayonetta herself.
But the corn man. It good.

I've recently been playing this again and it's just too good.

Sucks that I have to get everything again since HDD got corrupted a couple months ago. All I had to do was beat Angel Slayer.

Was sorta in the process of Platinuming each chapter on Normal and above too.

Princess Skittles said:
So.. you're judging the entire soundtrack, that spans several musical genres, based on one song, I'm guessing?

Generic "techno" (a misused term, as always) corn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXk56-YCI9c

One Of A Kind
Chapter Start
Enzo And Drive(so good)
The Gates Of Hell
Vigrid Station Home
Vigrid Town Areas (OMG)
The Heavies
In Labors & Dangers ~Fortitudo~
Battle For The Umbra Throne

This soundtrack is freakin amazing. And that's only from Disc 1...OUT OF 5.

EDIT: MOAR!

Red & Black
In Foregoing Pleasures
After Burner (CLIMAX)
Eyes of the World
Giant Military Transport
Blood & Darkness

chriskun

Yeah, the soundtrack really is pretty good in this game. Unfortunately, that fly me to the moon song almost completely ruins it. Like many Japanese games, it only takes one horrible design choice to ruin a otherwise competent game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
chriskun said:
Yeah, the soundtrack really is pretty good in this game. Unfortunately, that fly me to the moon song almost completely ruins it. Like many Japanese games, it only takes one horrible design choice to ruin a otherwise competent game.

You're saying Western games can sustain more than one horrible design choice before they're ruined?

jett said:
I hope so. I want to see Bayonetta 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 double-team DmC :lol

I asked Kamiya on twitter about it and he said I should beat B1 first. :p

Kamiya Confirms: Bayonetta's sequel will be released the second jett finishes the first game.

And so it shall be.

Awesome, this thread!

I just finished Bayonetta for the first time and I loved it. Game got better as it went along. I really hope they make a sequel.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just finished the game.

God damn at the ending. See Developers... this is how you make satisfying games. I feel I even robbed someone buying this at $20. Geesh

Jintor

I've been playing through on Jeanne mode and it's quite bloody incredible how challenging even Normal is without Witch Time activating for every single dodge. Of course, it doesn't help that Jeanne takes 1.5x damage (though her wicked weaves deal twice as much, and she gets way more points for witch time combos, so I guess it evens out).

One thing that annoys me is that they didn't replace Jeanne in-game with Bayonetta's model. Honestly if you switched their models around in-game and just left everything else as is it would still pretty much make sense. And I wouldn't have so many damn mirror matches.

Sorry for the bump, but is there any way to get PS3 demo now? I want to check how it runs on PS3 before I decide to buy it. Checked PAL/US store and there doesn't seem to be one.

Anteater

This game is so good, I formatted my hdd a while ago so starting from scratch again, that space harrier sequence is so ridiculously long still, lol.

I apologize if this was already mentioned in the thread, but I keep seeing people complaining about QTEs so: In the Jeanne fight if you lose the button mashing QTE, bats within still works and you could avoid the damage of that last punch, I find that really cool, I was so hyped when I pressed dodge and find out the first time.

I think this game has some of the best implementation of QTEs, the cutscene ones suck though.

edit: and a question, is there a good way to get rid of the fire on mobs with normal weapons without witch time? I always spam wicked weave on them but it's really kind of annoying playing that way.

Anteater said:
This game is so good, I formatted my hdd a while ago so starting from scratch again, that space harrier sequence is so ridiculously long still, lol.

I apologize if this was already mentioned in the thread, but I keep seeing people complaining about QTEs so: In the Jeanne fight if you lose the button mashing QTE, bats within still works and you could avoid the damage, I find that really cool.

I think this game has some of the best implementation of QTEs, the cutscene ones suck though.

The cutscene ones are the ones people usually complain about, but I never understood the outrage. Sure it might catch you off guard the first time (which many of them and the "first hit out of cutscene" transitions were SUPPOSED to) but after that you should remember them. I never messed up a QTE after my first playthrough. I think most of the complaints were from people who got angry because dying gave them a skull at the end of the chapter during their first run.

Castor Krieg said:
Sorry for the bump, but is there any way to get PS3 demo now? I want to check how it runs on PS3 before I decide to buy it. Checked PAL/US store and there doesn't seem to be one.

True enough, I can't find a demo for it either. I will say that the patch it received worked wonders on both load times and graphical hiccups. However if you have an Xbox it's better to buy it for that system, just to be safe. I played it on both.

Monocle

Anteater said:

I apologize if this was already mentioned in the thread, but I keep seeing people complaining about QTEs so: In the Jeanne fight if you lose the button mashing QTE, bats within still works and you could avoid the damage of that last punch, I find that really cool, I was so hyped when I pressed dodge and find out the first time.

edit: and a question, is there a good way to get rid of the fire on mobs with normal weapons without witch time? I always spam wicked weave on them but it's really kind of annoying playing that way.
That's a really cool discovery. I've played this game for ages, watched tons of videos and everything, and I had no idea about that before now.

Anteater said:
In the Jeanne fight if you lose the button mashing QTE, bats within still works and you could avoid the damage of that last punch, I find that really cool, I was so hyped when I pressed dodge and find out the first time.

I actually liked those as you could just dodge them instead of activating them and use bat within anyway if you failed.

Also because they were references to the Devil Hand fights in God Hand.

TreIII

Jintor said:
I've been playing through on Jeanne mode and it's quite bloody incredible how challenging even Normal is without Witch Time activating for every single dodge. Of course, it doesn't help that Jeanne takes 1.5x damage (though her wicked weaves deal twice as much, and she gets way more points for witch time combos, so I guess it evens out).

What I love about Jeanne, however, is that her dodges are infinite. That comes quite in-handy when you start truly integrating Dodge-Offsets into your overall gameplan. And by the time you really get good with the game, you won't even need the regular "WT Dodge" to get by.

Of course, I really love playing as Zero. If it weren't for the fact that the guy is basically the game's answer to "Dante Must Die" mode, I'd probably would be playing as him the most.

Anteater

Fimbulvetr said:
I actually liked those as you could just dodge them instead of activating them and use bat within anyway if you failed.

Yea, I wish Vanquish's QTE was as cool as the devil hand one :(

Scum

By the way, lads, I've been itching to play Bayonetta and considering picking up a Xbox360 just for this. Should I or...?

Just finished the game for the first time on Tuesday. I have to say I love it. Gonna go back and get all the items/trophies. Although I am not looking forward to the Fire The Afterburners trophy. Any tips?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Just finished the game for the first time on Tuesday. I have to say I love it. Gonna go back and get all the items/trophies. Although I am not looking forward to the Fire The Afterburners trophy. Any tips?

Play on easy automatic and press buttons

warpaint

i just picked this up for cheap on PS3.....yes i know the 360 is the better one but i only have a PS3 and would love to play it. I think i can deal with bad framerate if the game itself is fun. Will report back later on how i feel about it

Riposte

Fimbulvetr said:

I'm pretty sure they were actually references to Jojo (and by extension HnK).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if PG will reference godhand in every game they make

I wouldn't mind it I guess if it wasn't in the same way each time(punch/kick mash QTEs!!)

konstarGAF

Neo Member
oh my god, playing the afterburner stage. It's awful, down is up and up is down so when i press right i want to go left but goes right...it's terrible.
Why can't i change the button configuration? Why kamiya? Why?
Dodge to L1, please.

Alx

konstarGAF said:
oh my god, playing the afterburner stage. It's awful, down is up and up is down so when i press right i want to go left but goes right...it's terrible.
Why can't i change the button configuration? Why kamiya? Why?
Dodge to L1, please.

I think you can change the stick commands in the options.

warpaint

just started playing it last night yeah reading the views for others who say it has problems i can see that but its still a damn fun game

AAK

Just say this on Kotaku, Wesley Burt was approached by Sega to do some conecpt art for Bayonetta pretty early in development. Thought it was pretty interesting:

bayonetta1a_WesleyBurt.jpg

bayonetta2a_WesleyBurt.jpg

Tain

I went to resume this game on Hard the other day and found that my savedata is gone. My own dumb fault, as I'm sure I erased it without thinking while cleaning up the HD, but super infuriating. I don't want to play through it again on Normal.

Top Bottom