• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
i just got an xbox 360 and hear that version of this game is better, i have played a bout half of the game on PS3 and wondered if it was worth it to buy the game on 360. Whats better about it?

Alx

Trin3785 said:
i just got an xbox 360 and hear that version of this game is better, i have played a bout half of the game on PS3 and wondered if it was worth it to buy the game on 360. Whats better about it?

Framerate is higher and more stable (almost twice as much), sharper textures, shorter loading times, and some easter egg (lollipops in cutscene grant free bonus).

Scum

Been playing this for about a week or so now, and I knew it! It's fucking awesome! Pretty much like I expected it would be. I nearly did the most foolish thing by starting my playthrough on Easy but decided against it and started on Normal. Glad I did too. Fuck awesome!
Enjoying every bit of it. Music is great. Gameplay is great! Battles are awesome. Having Witch Time as part of dodging makes it more fun to try your damnest to avoid shit. I'm glad it wasn't tacked onto a button. Also managed to find and complete plenty of Alfheims after countless and countless of tries, but they really do help in honing ye old skills. :)

I was pretty proud of how well I've been doing until I bumped into Grace & Glory. O_O
Having 'One of a Kind' blaring out during the intro... :O
Bloody great game that I should have been playing ages ago. Here's hoping Kamiya's making a sequel...

"Do you want to touch me?"
Yes. Yes I would. :3

Roto13

You know, I looked up Bayonetta's voice actor on IMDB (first result for "Bayonetta" is Sarah Palin :p) and she hasn't really done a lot. She's in Dragon Age: Origins and the game based on The Golden Compass, and she has a small role in a Pirates of the Caribbean game, and a few small roles in some TV shows and movies. This is probably her biggest role. Shame she's uncredited for it. She does a good job of making those ridiculous lines sound somewhat badass.

Ledsen

Roto13 said:
You know, I looked up Bayonetta's voice actor on IMDB (first result for "Bayonetta" is Sarah Palin :p) and she hasn't really done a lot. She's in Dragon Age: Origins and the game based on The Golden Compass, and she has a small role in a Pirates of the Caribbean game, and a few small roles in some TV shows and movies. This is probably her biggest role. Shame she's uncredited for it. She does a good job of making those ridiculous lines sound somewhat badass.

She's uncredited? Why?

Anteater

Ledsen said:
She's uncredited? Why?

If I remember correctly, I think someone asked Kamiya on twitter and he apologizes that it was their mistake or something, so they probably just forgot to credit her or something.

I'm nearing the end(I think) of Bayonetta and man, I haven't been able to afford hardly anything in the store. There's a ton of techniques and practically all of the accessories still for sale. Is this normal? Should I farm more for halos or is it designed for replaying/platinuming after you beat it and buying the upgrades then? There's just so much left in the store and I think I'm relatively close to the end.

voodoopanda said:
I'm nearing the end(I think) of Bayonetta and man, I haven't been able to afford hardly anything in the store. There's a ton of techniques and practically all of the accessories still for sale. Is this normal? Should I farm more for halos or is it designed for replaying/platinuming after you beat it and buying the upgrades then? There's just so much left in the store and I think I'm relatively close to the end.

Playing through Bayonetta one time is only the beginning. It's very normal to have a ton left.

And even after you buy what's available...there's more to unlock.

Then you unlock that stuff and there's still MORE. Continuous New Game+

dramatis

Anteater said:
If I remember correctly, I think someone asked Kamiya on twitter and he apologizes that it was their mistake or something, so they probably just forgot to credit her or something.
That's strange. In his developer commentary on the Platinum Games blog Kamiya seemed pretty fond of her (although he likes the motion capture actor and Cereza's VA too). Seems odd they would forget to put the VA in the credits.

Kazzy

FlashbladeGAF said:
damn, I need to get out from under this rock...

Had no idea Kamiya did commentary on Bayo

Thx

It is a very interesting watch, although he immediately makes me feel inadequate with his 'rusty' Bayonetta skills after making apologies about not having played it for a while. He is still very good at it in any case.

dramatis

Watanabe Kazuma said:
It is a very interesting watch, although he immediately makes me feel inadequate with his 'rusty' Bayonetta skills after making apologies about not having played it for a while. He is still very good at it in any case.
He makes me feel bad and I platinumed the game.

The little stories and tidbits he shares are interesting and sometimes funny. Makes me wish more devs would do this sort of "Let's Play" commentary.

^ Very interesting indeed. Love that he throws in other games(Viewtiful Joe, DMC) and developers (Mikami) in the commentary. Little things like gameplay ideas Mikami wanted to put in RE1 that didnt make it in until RE4 are nice little fun facts

Just started playing this game again. Holy shit the controls are so fluid and intuitive that it doesn't feel like I took a year off at all. I love this game

Koralsky

Part 19

Well, anyone consider this developer commentary as a prelude for the next Bayonetta game? With this tempo, Kamiya will finish the whole game just before TGS2011. Original Bayo is 2009 game, so it's time for his next project to be finally announce.

Bayonetta was a very good seller in Japan, so it's logical next game in the series to be announced at TGS.

I'm really hoping for TGS announce - Bayonetta is the best selling Platinum game (maybe over 1.5 million copies worldwide with all the budget versions in Japan). It's also the highest rated Platinum game.

They have a new IP (Anarchy Reigns), but IMO, Platinum also need a good seller, and I am sure that if next Bayo had the quality of the original game, they can easily sell another million worldwide. Maybe even more.

Roto13

Regarding that concept art: Apparently Sega wanted Kamiya and co. to change Bayonetta's design to one of those, but they immediately refused. :p

http://twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya/status/88910936861192193

http://twitter.com/#!/PG_kamiya/status/88911275651907584

Hideki Kamiya said:
Looks thingy which Sega showed us to change our concept. We turned them down flat at a glance though.

Anteater

Koralsky said:
Part 19

Well, anyone consider this developer commentary as a prelude for the next Bayonetta game? With this tempo, Kamiya will finish the whole game just before TGS2011. Original Bayo is 2009 game, so it's time for his next project to be finally announce.

Bayonetta was a very good seller in Japan, so it's logical next game in the series to be announced at TGS.

I'm really hoping for TGS announce - Bayonetta is the best selling Platinum game (maybe over 1.5 million copies worldwide with all the budget versions in Japan). It's also the highest rated Platinum game.

They have a new IP (Anarchy Reigns), but IMO, Platinum also need a good seller, and I am sure that if next Bayo had the quality of the original game, they can easily sell another million worldwide. Maybe even more.

Do they usually work on a sequel right after? I think Kamiya mentioned that his next game started development before Bayonetta was released, he also likes to heavily imply he'd like to work on Cutie J.

I hope it's an action game though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I remember Kamiya saying he had gotten "action games" out of his system for a while after bayonetta, or something similar in an interview.

So I don't think he's working on a sequel currently.

If a sequel is made anytime soon I'd imagine he'd let someone else direct it and just have hands in the story and art elements like Viewtiful Joe

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Remember folks, the commentaries we're seeing now were recorded the better part of a year ago, and posted in Japanese only. They're only now being translated. Don't read into it coinciding with some sort of announcement :)

Anteater

Jintor said:
I nearly finished Lost Chapters

3 White-clad Jeannes absolutely murdered me :T

Yea same happened to me, tried to renew butterfly and got cornered by all 3, they all wicked weave me one right after another :lol

... :(
Still haven't beaten that mode, it just take so long!

Curufinwe

I was kind of shocked to hear in Part 17 that the Practice Mode was only put in the game at the last minute. Without it, Bayonetta would drop from a 10 to a 9 or maybe even an 8 for me because there's just no way I would have been able to play the game properly without being able to practice all the moves.

Coin Return said:
Just reinstalled this on my 360, time to finally finish non-stop climax mode.
I did the exact same thing over the weekend. I was afraid I would be rusty but nope, got back into it within a couple of minutes. It's like riding a bicycle, you can never forget how to ride/play it lol

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
duffyside said:
Is it true you can ice skate in this game!? IS IT TRUE BAYONETTA BREAKS OUT ICE SKATES IN THIS GAME!?!

Ice skate for speed run, ice skate for freezing and smashing, ice skating for giant boot to the face (well any kick can do that, but best with skates).

duffyside said:
Not quite what I was dreaming about, but still freaking cool. Man, this game. Man... Platinum.

What were you dreaming about?? There's a really smooth skating animation when you move, Bayonetta does actual figure skating maneuvers, and you can turn enemies into ice blocks that you can then throw at other enemies. What's left?

Duffyside

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
What were you dreaming about?? There's a really smooth skating animation when you move, Bayonetta does actual figure skating maneuvers, and you can turn enemies into ice blocks that you can then throw at other enemies. What's left?
One of the greatest moments of this generation was when you were put on ice, accidentally spun... and then... incredible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ3BQN1MJPE

In no way am I hating on Bayonetta. I think Kamiya is literally the greatest game-maker of our time. He is the Miyamoto of today. I just heard "later on, Bayonetta can ice skate" and I envisioned something like Mario, but with a splash of IceMan (from X-Men) creating ice in front of her to enable her to skate at all.

This is no way changes the fact that Bayonetta is the best 3D action game ever made.

Duffyside

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Well, no I don't think there are any platformer-like tricks from SMG, but still, the skating animation looks great :p
I guess I was just talking about general movement, not a tweak on a combat animation. I dreamed that instead of running from place to place, Bayonetta would skate.

duffyside said:
I guess I was just talking about general movement, not a tweak on a combat animation. I dreamed that instead of running from place to place, Bayonetta would skate.

Well, she DOES skate if you have them on. I'm finding it incredibly hard to find a video of someone moving with them but you can kind of see it right here: click

Duffyside

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Well, she DOES skate if you have them on. I'm finding it incredibly hard to find a video someone moving with them but you can kind of see it right here: click
Heh, this is exactly why I asked this question! I did check youtube myself before asking. All right, she skates instead of runs? Great. Fantastic. Perfect. One of the games of this generation.

Koralsky

Well, I know this is just rumors without any real source, but the guy who posted is Japanese and most of the stuff from his post sounds (almost) legit.

On topic:

"- Sega is developing Bayonetta 2 and also a CG movie for cinemas will be announced together;"

Whole post, full of TGS11 rumors, here.

Koralsky said:
Well, I know this is just rumors without any real source, but the guy who posted is Japanese and most of the stuff from his post sounds (almost) legit.

On topic:

"- Sega is developing Bayonetta 2 and also a CG movie for cinemas will be announced together;"

Whole post, full of TGS11 rumors, here.

- Square Enix is developing The Warriors of Light 2 for the 3DS; they will also reveal in September that Dragon Quest 10 is actually a MMO.

Yeah, right.

Totally kills the rumor for me

Top Bottom