• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
Peff said:
I can! Sorry I didn't answer before, I was playing :$ Awesome, awesome game. Gimme a few minutes so that I can record and upload, though it probably won't be the best quality it should be decent enough.

You're the man! Thanks a lot dude.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Apharmd Battler said:
I want this edition SO bad....toobad I'm in the USA. <sigh>

Believe me. America gets SO much more than Europe. Let them win this one. :p

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Dahbomb said:
I was merely trying to rationalize the cancellation of pre-orders of this game on the previous page and what was their thinking behind it. Also the games that you mentioned, most if not all of those games have a MALE character on the cover as well as having a mostly a male oriented advertisement campaign.

You and I belong in the minority. I have no problem playing female characters in fact my favorite SF4 character is Cammy, I have a female character in Mass Effect, I am playing around with Zafina in Tekken 6 most of the time etc. But others I have seen don't follow this, they will always pick up manly games and pick characters who are manly/bad ass.

They don't outright say that playing as a girl in a video games makes you a girl but they subconsciously feel that people who do have girl-like tendencies (yes I know it's funny to you but people call each other fags for having girl avatars). It's not that people WOULDN'T play as a female protagonist it's that they much prefer a male protagonist when they themselves are male. Again, I was not making a statement for everyone just the general male demographic which doesn't really include GAF. It is just far more acceptable among guy friends to be playing God of War than Bayonetta. That's just how it is and there might be exceptions but again I emphasize that I am talking about the majority here.

I misunderstood your post. I was reading that, as if it was your point of view. But this has to be a recent thing. When I was younger, no one complained Samus in Super Metroid. Or later, no one complained about Joanna Dark.

Are modern gamers a bunch of sexists assholes?

Majukun

TheCardPlayer said:
I misunderstood your post. I was reading that, as if it was your point of view. But this has to be a recent thing. When I was younger, no one complained Samus in Super Metroid. Or later, no one complained about Joanna Dark.

you got the point

fernoca

TheCardPlayer said:

To be fair, in those games the main characters ..as some say or put it.."just happen to be females". Change Samus or Joanna to ..I don't know ..Samuel and John, and there's technically nothing in the game per se that cosntantly reminds you that you're controlling a woman...aside some random cutscenes or pictures.

I don't have a problem with that, but...

..is like a friend of mine. He loves Devil May Cry, he played Bayonetta..and loves everything about it...except..the main character beign a woman, or more like, not that she's a woman..but the constant "things" that she does..the way she walks, shoots, stands, throws kisses...how the lock-ons are basically lip marks...

Is like in Devil May Cry; Dante was constantly caressing his chest, grabbing his crotch..or like if he was walking, you could see his butt-crack....or in the game you were constantly getting close up to his chest, abs...and his ..."crotch"..not to mention putting him in some really thight pants and with a bubblebutt.... :p

So that friend of mine even though he loves the game, he just doesn't want to play as a "girly girl"..so he's still debating that, planning to wait for Dante's Inferno, because "that games feels less girly".

Me? I don't mind....I'm all for an overly sexyfied Dante..too.. :p

scently

I have pre-ordered the game from play.com, the funny thing is that the climax edition is the same price with the regular version.

grindamasta said:
b1.jpg

Love the slipcase! It looks so awesome/stylish! It's probably the main reason why I'm getting the Climax Edition...hurry the hell up January 7th!

Novid

Banned
about the demo : loved it. girl's fiyah. j-pop fits but i wanted kittie/laguna coil vocals. So many mind games you can pull with this - the guns are fine but the sword should be the main weapon - Ps3 is serviceable but one reason Bayo gonna be a small disappointment is the port - Sega Sales may have wanted equal port and didnt get it so its a slow burn as far as i know

as for miss bayo - dont know if shes archetype or stereotype - i see a lot of Lara (Croft) in her but the feminists are going to have a field day - the second reason it's gonna be a small disappointment is that most men aint going to play a female and the weeboo already hatin cause she isnt moe and "conservative" - their fucking loss.

between this and demon souls and Hokuto No Ken, the boys are back in town...

Dahbomb

TheCardPlayer said:
I would say most of them are insecure but yea that would be one way to put it. This was proven to me on the release of DMC3 and I learned the mean of "metrosexual".

devilmaycry3dantesawakening-02.jpg

There was a massive outcry over Dante's design and "gun strap" (most people thought it was a bra). People demanded that Dante put on a shirt and his overall style was too metrosexual. And this is coming from long time fans as well as general action gamers.

Also I think FPS is a bit different. Back then a lot of people didn't even know that the person in Metroid is actually a female.

Is like in Devil May Cry; Dante was constantly caressing his chest, grabbing his crotch..or like if he was walking, you could see his butt-crack....or in the game you were constantly getting close up to his chest, abs...and his ..."crotch"..not to mention putting him in some really thight pants and with a bubblebutt.... :p
Wait.... wat? :lol

Nemesis_

Shogun PaiN said:
Nope.

Western 360 release of Bayonetta is region free. Japanese release is NTSC/J only.

This man has it right. They only region locked the JP release because they didn't want people importing when it launched almost three months ago. >_>

Tokubetsu

Dahbomb said:
I would say most of them are insecure but yea that would be one way to put it. This was proven to me on the release of DMC3 and I learned the mean of "metrosexual".

devilmaycry3dantesawakening-02.jpg

There was a massive outcry over Dante's design and "gun strap" (most people thought it was a bra). People demanded that Dante put on a shirt and his overall style was too metrosexual. And this is coming from long time fans as well as general action gamers.

Also I think FPS is a bit different. Back then a lot of people didn't even know that the person in Metroid is actually a female.

Wait.... wat? :lol

I remember picking up that issue of PSM with the big reveal and that pic on the cover. So awesome. Good times ='( I still have my issue of EGM with the DMC1 review as well...somewhere.

I'm a heterosexual male gamer, and I PREFER games where I play as women. I don't understand where guys are coming from who dislike it. I like it. It's no big stretch of logic; I like women and I like looking at women. Why not play one in a game?

anyway, I just got around to playing the bayonetta demo through, and without knowing too much about the game beforehand (haven't been following it). I must say that whoever made this is absolutely crazy. For example, why do my clothes change during certain attacks?

That said, I enjoyed it! my main complaint would be that I'd like for the heroine to have a bit less silly proportions. The undersized head and oversized legs make for a strange combination that doesn't come across as that sexy to me.

Dahbomb

HorribleJames said:
Anyway, I just got around to playing the bayonetta demo through, and without knowing too much about the game beforehand (haven't been following it). I must say that whoever made this is absolutely crazy. For example, why do my clothes change during certain attacks?
That's not her clothes dude.... :lol

Volcynika

HorribleJames said:
not following

Here's the answer: Her entire outfit is made out of her hair. Her more powerful attacks use her hair. Where does she get the hair when doing those attacks? Well....from her outfit! So the more powerful the attack, the less.....covering she has.

Dahbomb

HorribleJames said:
not following
The hair on her head is so long that it covers her entirely. It is essentially the source of her powers. She doesn't wear any clothes and her hair transforms into stuff for her finishers and stuff. The more powerful the moves, the more hair is removed... you get the picture. :D

Dr.Acula

Banned
HorribleJames said:
That said, I enjoyed it! my main complaint would be that I'd like for the heroine to have a bit less silly proportions. The undersized head and oversized legs make for a strange combination that doesn't come across as that sexy to me.

Her posture and gait make her look like a drag queen.

thetrin said:
Believe me. America gets SO much more than Europe. Let them win this one. :p
Dude, we missed out on the awesome AC2 editions, the Borderlands shirt, the console Dragon Age SE... Basically any SE in the last few months actually worth owning. It's so frequent that I'm sure there has to be a cause for it.

Dr.Acula said:
Her posture and gait make her look like a drag queen.
I thought that was half the fun? I really don't see how she has any actual sex appeal.

And as to the sexism/insecurity thing, I can totally understand why a guy would not want to play as a chick. Especially a hyper-sexualized drag queen.
Vaan

Raxus

They will always have wrestling and MMO fighting to make them feel manly. Two hot sweaty guys well groomed and almost oiled in the throws of battle lifting each other and trying to pin down the other man for victory.

STRAIGHT STUFF!

Raxus said:
They will always have wrestling and MMO fighting to make them feel manly. Two hot sweaty guys well groomed and almost oiled in the throws of battle lifting each other and trying to pin down the other man for victory.

STRAIGHT STUFF!

Zangief.png

All too easy. :lol

Edit: Damn that's big.

Jigsaw

Banned
i'm almost done with infinite climax,total disappointment difficulty wise...this is by far the easiest hardest mode i've ever played (i thought it cant get any easier than fear 2)

god hand on easy > dmc on normal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bayonetta on infinite climax

Tokubetsu said:
As a rule, I never post in any sort of official game/dev forums because it's always a terrible experience. Unless it's some Eastern European developer/game then they're usually helpful.
Should I even attempt to point out the flaws in her argument or should I just move on before my goddamn head explodes?

ShockingAlberto said:
Could they win one on a game I don't want a special edition of?

That already happened, more than one and twice, only with the difference you didn't knew.

.:Wesker:. said:
I'm having a goddamn aneurysm over this 'gamer girl' in the Platinum forums. She knows nothing about PC gaming and exists only to fuck my shit up.

http://forums.platinumgames.com/showpost.php?p=21044&postcount=71

As a console gamer myself, I can say only one thing....

...FHUTA?

Seriously though, she is full of shit, she dosn't know what the fuck is she talking about, and is probably a perfect example of your tipically "assholery public forum poster/youtube brilliant mind commenter "

Don't bother...

NIN90

NIN90 said:
Is there a guide for all the collectible stuff (Alfheims, LPs etc.) available?

I have already planned out the next THREE playthroughs. :lol

First I'll get all collectibles, then I'll do an all-platinum run on normal and then I'll tackle hard mode.
Did I mention that Bayonetta is my GOTY?

Anyone?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
eh, while she is obviously ignorant about PC gaming, getting all obnoxious and high and mighty about why a PC port would be better is just as silly. Wanting a PC port is great... getting into an argument over the superiority of a non-existent PC port seems pretty argumentative..

hulot

NIN90 said:
wuts GameFAQs

Text guides suck for stuff like this.
They don't. I'm using one that's already been put up at xbox360achievements and they've got everything except a crow listing.

Played this game all night. Really great. NYC gaf, it's in.

Peff

Just finished Chapter 5. I won't even bother trying to describe how amazing the five chapters have been, but if it keeps going up... :D Kamiya delivers again!

vermadas

Captain N said:
my wife thinks I'd only want this game for 'the girl who is barely covered by her hair.'...ha..women.

myphone.gif

Too easy :D

On topic, I finally played the demo for this game despite it having been released a few weeks ago. I became an action game fan with Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox and I greatly prefer the gameplay of the NG series over DMC and GoWar. To be fair though, my experience with DMC is limited to DMC4, which I understand to be a flawed game in comparison to DMC3. My issue with DMC is that the enemies are punching bags for the most part, and I don't get a lot of enjoyment trying to chain elaborate combos for style points. My fun in these games seems to be derived from dispatching highly lethal enemies where a few wrong moves could lead to my demise.

Given all of that, I was somewhat hesitant to join the love-in for Bayonetta. After playing the demo though, I'm sold. The game does emphasize offensive style but I feel like the combos "flow" better than in DMC4. And the enemies already seem to be more interesting opponents than those I fought in DMC. I also really really like the witch time mechanic. I prefer to ignore the ridiculous cringe-worthy stories prevalent in these games and Bayonetta is no exception. But at least this game doesn't seem like it takes itself seriously. The background music is truly atrocious though. I usually don't play custom soundtracks in games (Burnout Paradise and some arcade games like N+ being the exceptions) but I might have to for Bayonetta.

Top Bottom