• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

TreIII

Snapshot King said:
Man, I must have missed one of the LPs for the skates in chapter 6. I only got 2! Little help? =(

Chances are...!!!

You're missing either the one at the very beginning of the level, or the one you can find in the room with the Sky Serpents.

1) Turn around, as soon as you get into the level. You'll find one of those Burial Altar things almost immediately.

2) The other one is in the Sky Serpent Room. As soon as you walk in, there should be a cluster of rocks on your left hand side. If you're able to lock onto it, you're in the right area. Knock it down, and claim your LP piece.

TreIII

Kandrick said:
There is one in the beginning, behind you, one in some sort of lake thing with the 2 dragons, you have to break some rocks, its hidden behind, and last one near the end is behind a gate/portal thing

Actually, no.

You'll get the last LP piece automatically, after killing Joy. The one thing behind the portal is actually a Witch Heart

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
TreIII said:
Actually, no.

You'll get the last LP piece automatically, after killing Joy. The one thing behind the portal is actually a Witch Heart

Oh yeah, i got the last one mixed up with another umbran place, but i finished it like 3 weeks ago though :lol

TreIII

Kandrick said:
Oh yeah, i got the last one mixed up with another umbran place, but i finished it like 3 weeks ago though :lol

Ah, well, I'm right in the middle of a
Little Zero
playthrough. So it's much more fresh in my mind. :lol

Speaking of which...

Screw this Zero guy! He having more efficient magic usage and able to summon Little Devils without an accessory, do NOT make up for the fact that the guy dies in TWO hits, no matter how much life you have! :lol

For all this trauma that I'm going through with this guy, I'm hoping there's a nice reward to be had...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
TreIII said:
Ah, well, I'm right in the middle of a
Little Zero
playthrough. So it's much more fresh in my mind. :lol

Speaking of which...

Screw this Zero guy! He having more efficient magic usage and able to summon Little Devils without an accessory, do NOT make up for the fact that the guy dies in TWO hits, no matter how much life you have! :lol

For all this trauma that I'm going through with this guy, I'm hoping there's a nice reward to be had...

I didnt bother with him, yet. Just did some playthroughs with Jeanne after i unlocked her. Lately I am trying to get all the crows, but i am missing quite a few. I think some crows only show up in in certain difficulty modes, and i heard there are crows in the Alfheim challenges too, i did them all but i didnt find any, so maybe i missed them :lol

Volcynika

Kandrick said:
I didnt bother with him, yet. Just did some playthroughs with Jeanne after i unlocked her. Lately I am trying to get all the crows, but i am missing quite a few. I think some crows only show up in in certain difficulty modes, and i heard there are crows in the Alfheim challenges too, i did them all but i didnt find any, so maybe i missed them :lol

If you look in one of your tomes, where it lists achievements and such, hit like the shoulder button and it'll list the crows per stage on each difficulty and whether you have them or not.

Took a look at the Eurogamer comparison thread. I thought the framerate looked identical in both versions while being played at full speed. Called my brother to see what his opinion was, and he noticed no difference in framerate. We both thought the 360 version was a little sharper. Eurogamer definitely cooked the frame rate data displayed on the video. :lol :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
palpabl_purpura said:
Took a look at the Eurogamer comparison thread. I thought the framerate looked identical in both versions while being played at full speed. Called my brother to see what his opinion was, and he noticed no difference in framerate. We both thought the 360 version was a little sharper. Eurogamer definitely cooked the frame rate data displayed on the video. :lol :lol :lol

a Master Ninja said:
What the hell are you talking about?

I think he's saying the framerate for both 360 and PS3 versions look the same to him.

Edit: Looking at the Eurogamer comparison again, some special effect were removed from the PS3 version.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
yurinka said:
I finished the game in PS3 (6:30 in easy). Impressions:

Pros

I think GoW3 will be more powerful tech-wise, but Bayonetta will continue as my favourite game in the genre.

* Control / gameplay. IMO far better than God of War, Dante's Inferno, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden or Heavenly Sword.
* Music. Includes (I think) Afterburner, Out Run and Space Harrier remixes.
* Cinematics. Directed by the DMC4/Versus guy.
* Humor, sex references, and general crazyness.
* Tons of Sega/Platinum/Capcom games references.
* Replay value. Tons of unlockables / collectibles.
* Story, specially Bayonetta and Luka characters(I think Luka parodies Bionic Commando's new rasta design).
* Magic. It has this little charm of the classics.
* No mandatory install (PS3).
* Kamiya is God.

Cons

For me they aren't issues, but others used them to punish DMC4 y Heavenly Sword:

* 5 o 6 chapters (out of 15) uses rehashed backgrounds and enemies (in other colors, etc)
* Cleared in 6 hours and a half. Heavenly Sword took me 15 hours to reach the last level (still not finished).
* Some backgrounds are PS2-like.
* No multiplayer.
* Loading times (PS3). No optional install.

What the hell?

entremet

palpabl_purpura said:
WOW.

Skilletor

palpabl_purpura said:

You fail at vision.

Edit: Unless you're saying the Eurogamer thing didn't accurately show the difference. In which case, you do not fail.

Jhoan

I AM JOHN! said:
When was the last time they ever honored a street date?

I think I'm gonna stay strong and play some of my backlog games until it comes out for real... then I'll go to the weird place I go to by J&R and buy it with no tax!

Where? I don't wanna pay tax. I didn't know that there's another game shop near J&R, unless you go to Chinatown. Any way, the demo was pretty fun, however I'm gonna hold off for a while before I get it. And is Bayonetta's ass movement when she walks with the guns exagerrated or do real women move their ass that much when they walk?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
In Chapter 7, how do you avoid the charge up lightning attack that the boss does? I've tried jumping and RT evade, but neither work. It seems like an unblockable attack, which makes the boss fight ridiculously hard.

abstract alien said:
What is the name of the song that is playing in the commercial? I yearn for it...
La Roux-In for the Kill . . . the original version sounds better in full.

Edit- Played the demo on my friend's 360 . . . and yes, I finally have enuff reasons to get a HD console. Gonna make this my first 360 title in how ever long it takes me to buy one.

ZephyrFate said:
La Roux - In for the Kill [Skream Let's Get Ravey remix]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5GdutCRo8

Black-Wind said:
La Roux-In for the Kill . . . the original version sounds better in full.

Edit- Played the demo on my friend's 360 . . . and yes, I finally have enuff reasons to get a HD console. Gonna make this my first 360 title in how ever long it takes me to buy one.
So good...thank you both. I could listen to this all day.

profit

Jipan said:
And is Bayonetta's ass movement when she walks with the guns exagerrated or do real women move their ass that much when they walk?

Sarcasm? Or have you never in your lifetime seen a woman walk?

Once you realise there is a notification sound for an impending attack, the strafing requirement becomes much less random. Before that, I was spamming the right trigger every 3 seconds which made for rather messy combos.

Just a question about the torture atacks, are they completly random? In the demo I saw two variants but was never sure how they were instigated.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just beat the game on normal (who the fuck plays it on easy first). Took me 15 hours to beat.

WOW, definitely one of my favorite games. Some crazy shit going on :lol

I'm sad that I missed 1 piece of a LP :(

Miburou

I'll delete this post if it's been answered before, but what exactly does the PS3 version have in terms of extras over the 360 version? I'm getting the 360 version (in 5-6 hours hopefully), but might check out the PS3 version, too, if the extras are worth it.

remz

Miburou said:
I'll delete this post if it's been answered before, but what exactly does the PS3 version have in terms of extras over the 360 version? I'm getting the 360 version (in 5-6 hours hopefully), but might check out the PS3 version, too, if the extras are worth it.
A worse framerate, haha!

Nemesis_

Miburou said:

And it's not developed by PlatinumGames! (right? >_>)

Opus Angelorum said:
Once you realise there is a notification sound for an impending attack, the strafing requirement becomes much less random. Before that, I was spamming the right trigger every 3 seconds which made for rather messy combos.

Just a question about the torture atacks, are they completly random? In the demo I saw two variants but was never sure how they were instigated.
It's all about what direction the enemy is facing (are you behind or in front) whether they're airborne or knocked down on the ground, etc.

DihcarEM

Finished it yesterday(x360/normal), time was 10hours.
I have started hard playtrough which which feels very challenging.

A lot of this game feels a lot like DMC1/3/4 all mixed together and also the love for epic bosses from the GOW series.
I hope this game
does well enough to warrent a sequel
I can't wait to see how Capcom will counter this with DMC5:D .

Mdk7

20 hours in, i'm still on chapter 8...
i LOVE this game, really.
Action game of the generation for sure, and one of the best EVER.

Peff

Eggo said:
In Chapter 7, how do you avoid the charge up lightning attack that the boss does? I've tried jumping and RT evade, but neither work. It seems like an unblockable attack, which makes the boss fight ridiculously hard.

The lightning punch?
I dodged it by timing a double jump. If it's the one that destroys the platform you're on with a ray, there's a QTE prompt when you're near the border of the platform that will get you to a safe place.

Hard is... interesting. But the prologue is harder than the few first chapters :lol

yurinka said:
I finished the game in PS3 (6:30 in easy). Impressions:

Pros

I think GoW3 will be more powerful tech-wise, but Bayonetta will continue as my favourite game in the genre.

* Control / gameplay. IMO far better than God of War, Dante's Inferno, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden or Heavenly Sword.
* Music. Includes (I think) Afterburner, Out Run and Space Harrier remixes.
* Cinematics. Directed by the DMC4/Versus guy.
* Humor, sex references, and general crazyness.
* Tons of Sega/Platinum/Capcom games references.
* Replay value. Tons of unlockables / collectibles.
* Story, specially Bayonetta and Luka characters(I think Luka parodies Bionic Commando's new rasta design).
* Magic. It has this little charm of the classics.
* No mandatory install (PS3).
* Kamiya is God.

Cons

For me they aren't issues, but others used them to punish DMC4 y Heavenly Sword:

* 5 o 6 chapters (out of 15) uses rehashed backgrounds and enemies (in other colors, etc)
* Cleared in 6 hours and a half. Heavenly Sword took me 15 hours to reach the last level (still not finished).
* Some backgrounds are PS2-like.
* No multiplayer.
* Loading times (PS3). No optional install.
What the FUCK

Joke right? That's literally impossible, unless you ran in circles for about 11 hours.

Majukun

Happy Phantom said:
anyone have the gif of the middle finger motorcycle start up handy?
bayonettastart.gif

Skilletor said:
You fail at vision.

Edit: Unless you're saying the Eurogamer thing didn't accurately show the difference. In which case, you do not fail.

When they slowed both versions down, you could see a difference in framerate, but only during a few seconds of the falling clocktower scene. Full speed, there appeared to be no difference at all. Ps3 is noticibly softer, but that's about it. Also, PS3 load times were stated to be an issue. So, the PS3 version is a buy to me. The only issue is load times, and softer graphics (but even on my TV, the demo looks pretty sharp except for cutscenes).

This game is crazy fucking awesome. The PS3 version definitely looks worse than the 360 version, but you shouldn't let that stop you from buying it if you only have a PS3. I'm having a great time!

Top Bottom