• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

ToxicAdam

Healthy Choice probably has a patent on it, but their Steamer bowls are a great way to microwave a meal without it getting soggy. They are probably not the ideal diet food, but they are all mostly delicious (as far as microwave meals go).

haha

refrigerated. Maybe I am doing it wrong but I find it hard to avoid being soggy because of the micowave

The taste is really what makes the difference despite of being microwaved

You could try the oven cooking method. Might come out better. I guess that defeats the purpose of it being quick tho and at that point you might as well make it with your own fresh ingredients.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Healthy Choice probably has a patent on it, but their Steamer bowls are a great way to microwave a meal without it getting soggy. They are probably not the ideal diet food, but they are all mostly delicious (as far as microwave meals go).
I haven't had these but just did a little research and they're not flat-out terrible for you. Most have too many carbs and all suffer (as do all microwaveable foods) from too much sodium, but they're unexpectedly low-calorie across the board, low in saturated fat and quite a nice distribution of vitamins and minerals if we're to believe the nutrition facts.

Oh cool, I was thinking about THK. I think the price will keep me from trying it, but I'm not above aping the recipe if I can lol.

Since starting phase 3, I've felt as if my diet hasn't been enough, as I kept it largely the same as Phase 2. I felt more tired, but the fact that I've been doing some of the routines so late probably contributed too. Either way, I've upped carbs a little. The paranoia that hit me was immense lol

Ixian

I wish the ingredient list for the THK food didn't put "Organic" in front of everything. Just have a line above the ingredient list that says "ORGANIC EVERYTHING GOD DAMMIT".

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I wish the ingredient list for the THK food didn't put "Organic" in front of everything. Just have a line above the ingredient list that says "ORGANIC EVERYTHING GOD DAMMIT".
Ha, they talked about this on the last video chat. Tony didn't really have a very good answer as to why they do it that way.

KingGondo

Banned
Anybody with an iPhone or other iOS device--the P90X app is currently free in the app store!

Thought some people here might be interested.

NoRéN

As for water weight/IV, I can't really say since this sounds very much medically related. It'd be a good idea to ask your doctor. But as routine wise, to be honest, it's up to you and how you feel. I don't necessarily think you need to start over - you need to an extra phase or week or whatnot. It's creating and maintaining the new lifestyle that counts

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice.

I started up again this week. So far it's going well. I'm trying to take it easy but it's going well. I still get a bit nervous due to some scars feeling like they are going to tear during some of the workouts, mainly plyo. But it's going well and am very happy to be off my ass again.

nickcv

day 16.

plyo was deadly as always, but I think I have more strenght now and can perform a little better.

still i'm not sure if I'm losing weight or not. My body is changing (my shoulders muscles are more visible), but I hoped to lose more belly fat.

LaneDS

day 16.

plyo was deadly as always, but I think I have more strenght now and can perform a little better.

still i'm not sure if I'm losing weight or not. My body is changing (my shoulders muscles are more visible), but I hoped to lose more belly fat.

You will, I promise, but belly and chest fat are almost always the last to go (though you can expect to see them both reduced, but not gone, in your first 90 days I'd say). Keep at it, you're just getting started!

drspeedy

Ha, they talked about this on the last video chat. Tony didn't really have a very good answer as to why they do it that way.

As a natural/organic food industry guy I can explain: Every organic ingredient has to be listed as "organic" on the nutrition label if you want to make any claim on the front of the package. There's multiple USDA levels of organic ("Made with Organic ingredients" = > 70% of ingredients are organic, "USDA Organic" with the logo = > 95% of the ingredients are certified organic, and "100% organic... well, you get it).

In other words, if you plan on telling consumers "Organic!" anything on the front of the box, you have to put organic in front of every.single.ingredient onthe side panel by USDA law.

Difference:

organic_usdadiag.gif

images

day 16.

the scale probably wont change much due to the fact that your building muscle everywhere. it's better to measure how your clothes fit instead

FOOTE

Definitely taking my first rest week for X2 next week. Skipped working out this morning because I woke up about 30 minutes later than I wanted. Going to have to make it up after work. Base and Back I believe, and that will end week 6. I plan to rest next week and do three more phase 2 weeks before moving on. Also going to sub in v sculpt.

FOOTE

Nice! Looking forward to hearing impressions once you start.

FOOTE, I meant to ask, is your username at all a Steelers reference, or something else completely?

If anything it's a Colorado Avalanche reference.

HP, I like you man, but GO RAMS!

OK - I need to get this workout in before I procrastinate my way out of it.

LaneDS

If anything it's a Colorado Avalanche reference.

HP, I like you man, but GO RAMS!

OK - I need to get this workout in before I procrastinate my way out of it.

Good luck!

Everytime I see the Steelers play I had wondered if that was what the username was. Anyway, I'm a Jets fan and there is nothing there to be excited over. Woo.

Very light week for me this week, might try and do something tonight but this is the first real off week I've had since starting, minus the one week I was out because of surgery.

LaneDS

Do one Endurance X for all of us. I might do one soon too since I haven't done it in a while.

Hah, I'd have to dig through the thread to find the pages where it is listed. I might try it on Saturday though, but probably not because man did I hate having to force myself to do the most hated moves without the video instruction.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Luckily, I saved it!

I actually liked the lack of video the two times I did Endurance X. It allowed me to go at my own pace while listening to my own music on the background. I also made a recent change to the workout, substituting the 80/20 Debbie Siebers with Holsem Screamer Lounges and adding the alternative of Plyo Pushups instead of one arm pushups.

ENDURANCEX.png

P90X Endurance. The mother of all X workouts. Basically, take pretty much the hardest moves from P90X and P90X2, put them together and you have Endurance X. It's a workout that focuses on the entire body. Chest, Back, Arms, Shoulders, Core, Abs and Legs.

This workout would be recommendable only for those who have finished any of the X programs (X or X2) and want to test themselves.

Those who have only done P90X will recognize pretty much all the moves, and if a move sounds different, then it's probably from P90X2. In that case, you can either do the P90X variation, or try to learn the X2 version.

Warm-Up: 5-10 Minute Stretch (Everything you can think of from the X and X2 warm-ups [jog in place, jumping jacks, scorpions, best stretch in the world, etc.) + a whole body foam rolling sequence if you have one.

ROUND 1

- Fifer Scissors
- One Arm Push-ups or Plyo Air-Clap Push-ups
- Holsem Screamer Lunges
- Crazy 8's

Break (lol): Tornado [X2] or Touch the Sky [X]

ROUND 2

- Corn Cob Pull-ups
- Single Leg Wall Squat
- Full or Half Lolasana [X2] or Pike Presses [X]
- Frog Burpees (Similar to Jump Knee Tuck, but after the jump you get into a plank and do a pushup)

Break (lol): Yoga Crane

ROUND 3

- Abrinome
- Towel Pull-ups
- Mary Katherine Lunges with Weight
- Crouching Cohen Curls

Break (lol): Full Downward Dog / Chaturanga / Push-Up / Raise Leg / Crescent Pose / Warrior 3 / Twisting Half Moon (both legs)

ROUND 4

- 2 Speed Push-ups
- Y Presses
- Plank Ball Crunch with Stability Ball [X2] or Superman/Banana [X]
- Chair Jumps

Break (lol): Super Skaters with no tapping

ROUND 5

- Prison Cell Push-ups
- Steam Engines
- Tricep Kickbacks / Curl / Presses on a Lunge
- Lunge Flying Kick / Back Kick

Break (lol): Side Bridge Leg

BONUS ROUND!

- Chattarockers [X2] or Plank To Chaturanga ISO [X]
- Yoga Wheel
- Renegade Rows [X2] or Sphinx Pushups
- Set / Sprint / Plank / Plyo Pushup / Jump

Break (lol): Phelon Twist [X2] or Mason Twist [X]

Cooldown: Child's Pose / Cat Camel / NIS (Neuro Integrated Stretch with bands) or many of the other legs/buttocks stretches and a final Shavasana (corpse pose).

---------------------
22495070.jpg

Posting my weight and BF% at the start of each week so you guys can keep me accountable. I weigh myself after going to the restroom first thing in the morning on a scale that measures BF%. Don't know if you should weigh yourself before and after, but I'm doing it after to keep things consistent. The only other thing I will mention is that I'm taking Creatine supplements which may or may not be throwing off the numbers a bit. The drastic drop in week 3 might be that I missed 2-3 doses in week 2. Here's how I'm doing so far:

Day 1: 151.2 lbs 12.5%bf
Day 8: 149.4 lbs 12.3%bf
Day 15. 146.4 lbs 11.6%bf

SteeloDMZ

Banned
i have a really bad memory for names, but i gotta say i didn't recognize almost any of the moves in your program.

anyhow day 17 done.
my arms are on fire! i love it!

Some of these moves are from P90X2, so if you don't have that, then it makes sense. Also the names won't sound familiar if you just started the X workouts.

todays, as every friday morning, i got on the scale... exact same weight than last week:
104,3 kg.
damn i didn't even lose 100 grams...

don't sweat it
HA!
. your only a few weeks into the program and you might even gain weight at the start. stick to the workouts, keep a calorie deficit, drink lots of water and don't get on that scale again for another two/three weeks.

nickcv

don't sweat it
HA!
. your only a few weeks into the program and you might even gain weight at the start. stick to the workouts, keep a calorie deficit, drink lots of water and don't get on that scale again for another two/three weeks.

i'll avoid the scale for 3 weeks then...
next week is "picture time"... i'm afraid of the result XD

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
You probably won't see a huge difference in your pics, but there will be one (unless your diet is really poor). As for not losing weight, look up "body recomposition" for some insight.

nickcv

You probably won't see a huge difference in your pics, but there will be one (unless your diet is really poor). As for not losing weight, look up "body recomposition" for some insight.

right now my diet is high in protein and low on carbs/sugar... i think i'm golden on that side... next week we'll see >.<

tch

Man I've been crazy sick these past few days. Running a fever. First time I've been set back this far and almost at the end of week 11! Hopefully I can get it going tonight or tomorrow.

GCNemesis

Endurance X Challenge

Challenge accepted! Instead of doing Legs & Back, I'll sub this instead and report back!

Do you do a minute per exercise or just the recommended amount of reps (25-30 for plyo, 8-10 for strength)? I think I'll do the latter.

If I don't report back within two hours, something terrible has gone wrong :p

drspeedy

Posting my weight and BF% at the start of each week so you guys can keep me accountable. I weigh myself after going to the restroom first thing in the morning on a scale that measures BF%. Don't know if you should weigh yourself before and after, but I'm doing it after to keep things consistent. The only other thing I will mention is that I'm taking Creatine supplements which may or may not be throwing off the numbers a bit. The drastic drop in week 3 might be that I missed 2-3 doses in week 2. Here's how I'm doing so far:

Day 1: 151.2 lbs 12.5%bf
Day 8: 149.4 lbs 12.3%bf
Day 15. 146.4 lbs 11.6%bf

not to get too personal, but how tall are you? That's ~4% body weight change in 3 weeks, might wanna consider a few more calories daily.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Challenge accepted! Instead of doing Legs & Back, I'll sub this instead and report back!

Do you do a minute per exercise or just the recommended amount of reps (25-30 for plyo, 8-10 for strength)? I think I'll do the latter.

If I don't report back within two hours, something terrible has gone wrong :p

Pretty much that. Max reps without burning out yourself for the push-ups/pullups, 8-10 reps for resistance moves and 30 reps of plyometric/squad/lunges moves.

not to get too personal, but how tall are you? That's ~4% body weight change in 3 weeks, might wanna consider a few more calories daily.

I'm five feet seven. That's why I added that line about missing some creatine doses, which makes you maintain water. I do watch my caloric intake. I actually make almost all of my own food and log it into myfitnesspal. I didn't have any days where I had huge caloric deficiets, so I assume the weight loss was from the missed creatine doses. Otherwise, there would be no way of losing all that weight in one week.

GCNemesis

Endurance X Workout

Wow. Without a doubt, that is the most balanced whole-body workout I've ever done. Even though I've done all of those moves before, my body was not ready for that order of exercises. Brutal.

I took about 15 minutes to warm up, 10 of which was with the foam roller. The first round is a good, quick ramp-up and gets your heart pumping. I believe the "break" exercises are good in terms of slowing down the intensity, but still being engaged. The rest of the rounds are a good balance of Yoga, Abs, Shoulders, Arms and Cardio.

It was certainly refreshing to do moves I haven't done in a while like Steam Engine and Screamer Lunges, it just furthers the whole notion of muscle confusion.

Two thumbs up and highly recommended! I will probably use this as my Friday exercise (followed by Yoga X2 and Recovery & Mobility the next two days).

Thanks for outlining the workout SteeloDMZ!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
That's awesome to hear, GCNemesis. Glad it gave you a good challenge!

------------------

BTW, have any of you guys considered doing the "P90X Certification" program? For $500 you do a short online course and go to a 2 day training workshop and you could get a certificate to teach P90X in gyms, by yourself, etc. I think it sounds like a fantastic opportunity and I'm definitely aiming to do it after I finish my current round of P90X2 and maybe an extra X/X2 hybrid.

LaneDS

Wow. Without a doubt, that is the most balanced whole-body workout I've ever done. Even though I've done all of those moves before, my body was not ready for that order of exercises. Brutal.

I took about 15 minutes to warm up, 10 of which was with the foam roller. The first round is a good, quick ramp-up and gets your heart pumping. I believe the "break" exercises are good in terms of slowing down the intensity, but still being engaged. The rest of the rounds are a good balance of Yoga, Abs, Shoulders, Arms and Cardio.

It was certainly refreshing to do moves I haven't done in a while like Steam Engine and Screamer Lunges, it just furthers the whole notion of muscle confusion.

Two thumbs up and highly recommended! I will probably use this as my Friday exercise (followed by Yoga X2 and Recovery & Mobility the next two days).

Thanks for outlining the workout SteeloDMZ!

You're a better man than I! Congrats on knocking that one out. I knocked out some Chinese food, and will be very ready for Monday's Beautiful Memory 30-day eat right work hard challenge.

On that note, anyone else want to get in on that with me? 30 days with no cheat meals and following whatever exercise program you're currently working?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Thinking about trying this out. I don't have any weights sadly (aside from two 10 lb. dumb bells), will this system help me get bigger?

LaneDS

Thinking about trying this out. I don't have any weights sadly (aside from two 10 lb. dumb bells), will this system help me get bigger?

Could you describe your current build? Height, weight, approximate estimate of how muscular or fat you are? P90X can help you gain muscle mass, for sure, but that is a function of diet and generally using weights (or resistance bands) greater than 10 lbs although for some moves that will likely be plenty (and again, that depends on your current fitness level).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Could you describe your current build? Height, weight, approximate estimate of how muscular or fat you are? P90X can help you gain muscle mass, for sure, but that is a function of diet and generally using weights (or resistance bands) greater than 10 lbs although for some moves that will likely be plenty (and again, that depends on your current fitness level).

5'11"
130 lbs.

So pretty skinny, but proportional. No idea what the fat level or whatever is.

This system by design will not help you get bigger. You will see greater definitions and greater health (flexibility, cardiovascular, etc.), but P90X really is more a lean-functional fitness (less about getting sizes per se, but about being able to do more things in life, move faster, jump higher) program.

That being said, do try it out. It is amazing for your health. As for getting bigger, you will have to ask around (like you are doing now) to create a modified diet plan. If you are one of those people who have high metabolism, you really have to eat - it will take conscious effort

Ixian

P90X2 ordered! Should be here this Saturday, I start on 10/13 (my birthday!)
Go October birthdays! [high-fives]
You're a better man than I! Congrats on knocking that one out. I knocked out some Chinese food, and will be very ready for Monday's Beautiful Memory 30-day eat right work hard challenge.

On that note, anyone else want to get in on that with me? 30 days with no cheat meals and following whatever exercise program you're currently working?
I would just because I almost feel like it's a personal mission of mine to help keep you in check, but I'm going on a much needed vacation on October 4th and there's no way I can eat well then.

Top Bottom