• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did my final Chest/Shoulders/Triceps of Phase 2 today. Still the most difficult workout for me. Almost none of my numbers progressed over the past three weeks. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Phases 1 and 2 are "Build" and "Bulk", and the macros are 25-50-25, Protein Carbs Fats. You're feeding your muscles in these phases to gain mass. You recalculate going into Build to account for any weight and body fat percentage changes.

The Beast phase is for bringing out muscle definition. The macros are now 40-30-30, Proteins Carbs Fats. The idea is to burn fat while keeping the muscle you've added.
That makes sense. I didn't know the program had that macro switch built in. More interested in it now than I thought I was.

KingGondo

Banned
Just started Insanity yesterday. I've made great gains with the P90X programs, but I need to get serious about meeting my weight loss goals. And as much as I love Tony, it's nice to have a change of pace with a new instructor in Shaun T.

If I maintain discipline with my diet and stick with the program, I don't see why I can't meet my goal of losing 10 lbs in the next 60 days.

Wish me luck!

Korosenai

Doing the recovery week for Insanity right now, on the third day of it. I played some pretty competitive basketball yesterday for about two and a half hours, so I just skipped the workout. Didn't really feel like I needed to do it. It's the first workout i've skipped so far, but its just the recovery week and I did get some pretty good cardio in.

I also wasn't happy with my pushup results so far with Insanity, so i've been using the 100 pushups website along with doing Insanity and its working great so far. Seeing awesome results. So I think my pushup jacks number will increase by a lot during the third fit test (hopefully).

Doing the recovery week for Insanity right now, on the third day of it. I played some pretty competitive basketball yesterday for about two and a half hours, so I just skipped the workout. Didn't really feel like I needed to do it. It's the first workout i've skipped so far, but its just the recovery week and I did get some pretty good cardio in.

I also wasn't happy with my pushup results so far with Insanity, so i've been using the 100 pushups website along with doing Insanity and its working great so far. Seeing awesome results. So I think my pushup jacks number will increase by a lot during the third fit test (hopefully).

You'll get PLENTY of push up experience in month 2....

Menaged

You'll get PLENTY of push up experience in month 2....

Yup, Plyo is simply insane regarding this aspect.

I actually feel that Interval circuit was the hardest for me, but maybe because of the fit test the fever I had. On top of that my last interval in Plyo was weak due to balance and positions I wasn't familiar with...

I just finished Cardio conditioning, and I expected much worse. Like Pure cardio times 2 worst, but it wasn't as hellish as I thought it would be. Maybe it's because of the 5-10 seconds breaks when Shaun explains stuff, and there's the 4 minute recovery in the middle.

My main problem right now are my hanstrings and quads. They're killing me during a workout, especially the latter. I'm not that tires, but I can't do certain stuff since my quads are telling me to stop

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I only have a Keurig at my place at the moment. Would that work?

Yeah, though technically you're supposed to use fresh roasted, freshly ground beans, but the Keurig will work. Just add the butter to your cup & blend. Immersion blenders work the best. You can stir but you don't get the same creamy effect.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I've been feeling great doing P90X again these past 3 weeks. The only hard thing for me is definitely trying to eat friggin' 271g of protein daily.

One thing that I'm kinda surprised is that, after doing tons of incline/regular dumbbell chest presses with Body Beast, I thought I was going to be way better at push-ups. That's not the case, and I feel like my push-up performance went considerably down from when I was doing X a while back. I'll keep going though since I want to reach 70 pushups in one go without stopping by the end of August.

I've been feeling great doing P90X again these past 3 weeks. The only hard thing for me is definitely trying to eat friggin' 271g of protein daily.

One thing that I'm kinda surprised is that, after doing tons of incline/regular dumbbell chest presses with Body Beast, I thought I was going to be way better at push-ups. That's not the case, and I feel like my push-up performance went considerably down from when I was doing X a while back. I'll keep going though since I want to reach 70 pushups in one go without stopping by the end of August.

271g of protein? The hell?

Man it's week 3 of Insanity and I still struggle to do these workouts. And that was with massive improvements pretty much everywhere during my fit test. I'm terrified of month 2.

If I want to work out 6-days a week, and only have P90X and P90X2, what is a good 6th day work out?

So far I have tried

1. Yoga
2. Kenpo

and I am thinking maybe

3. Power and Balance? Something that doesn't emphasize on weight per se.

Yup, Plyo is simply insane regarding this aspect.

I actually feel that Interval circuit was the hardest for me, but maybe because of the fit test the fever I had. On top of that my last interval in Plyo was weak due to balance and positions I wasn't familiar with...

I just finished Cardio conditioning, and I expected much worse. Like Pure cardio times 2 worst, but it wasn't as hellish as I thought it would be. Maybe it's because of the 5-10 seconds breaks when Shaun explains stuff, and there's the 4 minute recovery in the middle.

My main problem right now are my hanstrings and quads. They're killing me during a workout, especially the latter. I'm not that tires, but I can't do certain stuff since my quads are telling me to stop

I think Pure Cardio is tougher than Max Cardio: Max Cardio has a lot of down-time and recovery exercises built in.

How does the rest of your schedule look like?

P90X2 schedule. I try to do five days straight, but sometimes I take a day or two off if necessary.

So it's like this:

1. Base and back
2. X2 Yoga
3. Chest/back/balance or Chest/tri/balance
4. Plyocide
5. Shoulder and arms or V Sculpt
6. ???

toddhunter said:
Personally I like Kenpo because it can be as easy or as hard as you want to make it, which can be useful at the end of a hard week.

You know, I am inclined to agree. I just look at X2 Core, Balance and Power - it's still way too much weight and upper body oriented for that extra day.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/hugh-jackman-reveals-takes-lot-chicken-become-wolverine-223632622.html

According to Jackman, timing is everything when he's pouring on those calories. "When you're bulking, you're just eating so much food," Jackman said. "What I do is I eat in an eight hour period, it's all the rage this diet now. It's called the 16-8 diet. For sixteen hours of the day, I fast, so I don't eat. Between ten in the morning and six o'clock at night … I eat 5,000 calories. And then I eat nothing … it's more about, 'This is a disgusting amount of food, I can't eat another bite.' I literally talk to myself like I'm training – 'One more mouthful, c'mon man! You can do it! Just one more mouthful! Half a chicken breast to go and then you've got it! Just two meals left!'"

SteeloDMZ

Banned
P90X2 schedule. I try to do five days straight, but sometimes I take a day or two off if necessary.

So it's like this:

1. Base and back
2. X2 Yoga
3. Chest/back/balance or Chest/tri/balance
4. Plyocide
5. Shoulder and arms or V Sculpt
6. ???

You know, I am inclined to agree. I just look at X2 Core, Balance and Power - it's still way too much weight and upper body oriented for that extra day.

I'd definitely add X2 Core to that routine.

As for the IF diet thing, I did it for one month while doing beast and didn't notice a difference at all, other than I hated having that empty stomach feel in the morning, so I just stopped.

I'd definitely add X2 Core to that routine.

As for the IF diet thing, I did it for one month while doing beast and didn't notice a difference at all, other than I hated having that empty stomach feel in the morning, so I just stopped.

and where would you recommend sticking X2 core? just the last/6th day?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Yeah, at the 6th day would be great. I assume you set up your routine in that order for specific reasons, but if I changed anything, I'd make it look more like the regular X/X2 routine, meaning:

Day 1: Chest/Back/Balance
Day 2: Plyocide
Day 3: Shoulder and Arms
Day 4: Yoga
Day 5: Base & Back
Day 6: X2 Core
Day 7: Rest or Recovery & Mobility

sp3ctr3

Starting P90X week 13 today. The final stretch. I'm very disappointed by my own performance in Phase 3 though. I've been dogging it, BIG TIME!

Regularly skipping either Yoga X or KenpoX and 1 week I skipped both. Forgetting to take my creatine and some days I'm pretty sure I didn't get enough protein. Diet not as strict with atleast 1 cheat meal a week. I'm pretty sure I have been on a calorie deficit all along in Phase 3 but not as much as in Phase 1+2. Looking forward to the final numbers and see if everything lines up with the goals I set on Day 0.

Will definitely do Phase 3 again after this poor performance. Pictures and updated numbers coming up next week.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I've been using these supplements and recommend them to everyone:

MLO Super High Protein

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EO5XEY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheap as fuck (one tub [17 servings]) is like $11. Perfect if you are on a budget. It doesn't have any flavor, but tastes good when combined with a fruit or another protein shake.
1g of fat, 0 carbs and 23g of protein.

IsoFlex Chiller Peach

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080PSM9I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This protein powder tastes really good when mixed with cold water. It's perfect for those who want to lose weight/body fat since it has 0g of fat, 0 carbs and 27g of protein per scoop. 30 servings per tube. The only downside is that it's a little more expensive than other shakes.

Menaged

Anyone got any tips regarding floor switch kicks in max interval circuit? After 5-10 seconds my triceps are killing me. To overcome this I don't do the hopping, and I do it like the woman with the hat. Is this the way to go if I simply can't hop like they do?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
IsoFlex Chiller Peach

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080PSM9I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This protein powder tastes really good when mixed with cold water. It's perfect for those who want to lose weight/body fat since it has 0g of fat, 0 carbs and 27g of protein per scoop. 30 servings per tube. The only downside is that it's a little more expensive than other shakes.
Thanks for posting this- I might pick this up. Hard to beat those macros for fat loss and no shakes seem all that expensive after buying a bag of Shakeology. Plus I love peach flavored stuff... don't see it much in the fitness sphere. :p

my tub of Green Apple MP Assault is bottomless. it will not die.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Yeah, I just can't really do $150 a month for the stuff. Any other suggestions for meal replacement shakes?

I'm going to challenge you and say sure you can. It's $4 dollar per meal, with all the nutritions and probiotics in the world. Every other meal that you buy on a daily basis costs more than that, and does not contribute to your health the way Shakeology does. Your health and well-being are worth investing in.

Annnd that's my soapbox

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I'm going to challenge you and say sure you can. It's $4 dollar per meal, with all the nutritions and probiotics in the world. Every other meal that you buy on a daily basis costs more than that, and does not contribute to your health the way Shakeology does. Your health and well-being are worth investing in.

Annnd that's my soapbox

Yep. Some Starbucks drinks are more. You are completely replacing a meal, remember. At work we have a subsidized cafeteria. Meals cost $4.50. My wife drinks Shakeology instead; bam - paid for.

Also if you get it on autoship, there's no shipping fee so that reduces the cost. And you can have them alternate between two flavors.
Lots of info on how good it is for you & why here.

Top Bottom