• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

One of my friends is doing T25, so had a chance to join her today to do the alpha lower focus workout.

So those calf hop things... They hurt a bit.

Overall thought felt it was a very good workout as it certainly got me sweating. I struggled a bit on the up-and-over "dancey" moves...but hopefully if I do it full time one day I can sort that out.

FOOTE

Welp. I knew this would happen... I started T25 this morning.. The Cardio video doesn't look too hard until you're doing it. Feels good to be so sweaty this early in the morning. Doing Bulk Chest this evening.

T25 day 1 - NAILED IT!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna start Insanity on Monday! :D

I'm really interested in T25 above anything else, but... I don't like the spending of money, so much

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
One of my friends is doing T25, so had a chance to join her today to do the alpha lower focus workout.

So those calf hop things... They hurt a bit.

Overall thought felt it was a very good workout as it certainly got me sweating. I struggled a bit on the up-and-over "dancey" moves...but hopefully if I do it full time one day I can sort that out.

Yeah, coordination is coming slowly for my wife & I -- but in the third week we're both getting better :)

Speed 1.0 is more of a "dancey" workout though, in that you're supposed to time your moves to the music. And that's pretty fast for some of the moves!

Welp. I knew this would happen... I started T25 this morning.. The Cardio video doesn't look too hard until you're doing it. Feels good to be so sweaty this early in the morning. Doing Bulk Chest this evening.

T25 day 1 - NAILED IT!

Yeah boy! I've been doing Body Beast Lucky 7 the past few weeks as my sole strength workout. Next week I might do Total Body. But I am thinking about throwing in Bulk Chest myself, that's an area where I need a lot of work. We'll see.

I've expanded my Fit Club at work to two days per week, Wednesdays is Strength Day, and Thursdays is Cardio/Whatever day. Yesterday we did Lucky 7, today it's Alpha Cardio if I can get the DVD to play, Total Body Circuit if not.

Gonna start Insanity on Monday! :D

I'm really interested in T25 above anything else, but... I don't like the spending of money, so much

Right now I am offering the Focus T25 Gamma DVDs FREE (normally $60 + shipping) if you order a Focus T25 Challenge Pack, which is currently on sale for $180 with free shipping. The Challenge Pack includes the Focus T25 package with the Alpha & Beta programs and a month's supply of Shakeology in the flavor of your choice.

I'm also offering your choice of either the T25 Gamma DVDs or the P90X Plus DVDs free if you sign up under me as a Coach with either a Challenge Pack or Shakeology on Home Direct.

Remember I have to be your coach, so if you're already a teambeachbody.com member & not working with your current coach, switch to me by following these directions first.

Gumbie

So T25 Total Body Circuit should be renamed to PLANK PLANK PLANK SQUAT PLANK PLANK PLANK. I wanted to kill Shaun T last night and it was really hard to keep a plank position after the 10 minute mark because my hands were slipping on my giant pool of sweat.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
So T25 Total Body Circuit should be renamed to PLANK PLANK PLANK SQUAT PLANK PLANK PLANK. I wanted to kill Shaun T last night and it was really hard to keep a plank position after the 10 minute mark because my hands were slipping on my giant pool of sweat.

No joke! I sweat more in Total Body Circuit than I can remember sweating even in Insanity workouts. I have to do the cardio moves in a different spot than I do the floor work because it's just a pool of sweat. Ridiculous :)

It's no wonder the people in the video wear sweat bands!

No joke! I sweat more in Total Body Circuit than I can remember sweating even in Insanity workouts. I have to do the cardio moves in a different spot than I do the floor work because it's just a pool of sweat. Ridiculous :)

It's no wonder the people in the video wear sweat bands!

I forget that one guys name, he's the liar from Asylum Vol. 2, but he leaves a massive puddle of sweat on the ground in Total Body.

Hip flexors. Might seem to be really week.

What can I do to strengthen them? For example, in cardio abs, my abs are fine but my hip flexors start hurting really bad so I have to take breaks. For now, cardio abs is sort of a waste for me to do.

I even managed to strain my right hip flexor during the recovery week workout on my first go around.

Any ideas?

FOOTE

I forget that one guys name, he's the liar from Asylum Vol. 2, but he leaves a massive puddle of sweat on the ground in Total Body.
Tell me more.

Also about the sweating. I haven't sweated as much as this morning since last summer when I did Insanity in 95 degree heat. I might need to be better prepared if I'm going to sweat any more.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
T25 Total Body is crazyness.

I think I have Cardio again tonight. Seems like I'm doing that video every other day. I have to miss tomorrow night so I guess it's another 2 workout Saturday...

Tell me more.

Also about the sweating. I haven't sweated as much as this morning since last summer when I did Insanity in 95 degree heat. I might need to be better prepared if I'm going to sweat any more.

At the end of a certain workout you do a series of moves, and you try to do as many rounds of them as you can in a certain amount of time (3 minutes or something). Well Shaun goes up to that guy with aprox 45 seconds left and asks him how many he's done so far, he says 6 or something. Then we get to the end of the workout and Shaun goes around to the whole group and gets their number. All of sudden liar face has 9. Mind you, there is no way he did 3 more in under 40 seconds. Shaun couldn't even do that, and during the last 40 seconds you can see how many more he gets. It fires me up a lot ;)

The nonsense you pick up on when you watch these videos over and over.

My sister and I have both decided to give Insanity another shot again with better shoes and making sure we have a more cushioned area to work out in. I'm so excited! <3 As soon as Ramadan ends, I'm going to pick up some cross-training shoes and get started. I miss that feeling of accomplishment and being completely wiped out at the end. It hurts so good somehow. XD Thanks for your encouragement Stevemeister!!

I had no idea Tanya was 40 and had a kid... it's really encouraging to read her story about doing T25, because you sort of get this feeling like the people in the videos are robots who have no idea how hard it is for you, even though they are sweating and exhausted themselves.

FOOTE

At the end of a certain workout you do a series of moves, and you try to do as many rounds of them as you can in a certain amount of time (3 minutes or something). Well Shaun goes up to that guy with aprox 45 seconds left and asks him how many he's done so far, he says 6 or something. Then we get to the end of the workout and Shaun goes around to the whole group and gets their number. All of sudden liar face has 9. Mind you, there is no way he did 3 more in under 40 seconds. Shaun couldn't even do that, and during the last 40 seconds you can see how many more he gets. It fires me up a lot ;)

The nonsense you pick up on when you watch these videos over and over.

bloody hell. I read this on my phone at my desk at work earlier and I had to hold in laughter.

---------------------------

OK day one of Harry Potter's Magical Hybrid is finished. feeling good right now... real good

Korosenai

Right now I am offering the Focus T25 Gamma DVDs FREE (normally $60 + shipping) if you order a Focus T25 Challenge Pack, which is currently on sale for $180 with free shipping. The Challenge Pack includes the Focus T25 package with the Alpha & Beta programs and a month's supply of Shakeology in the flavor of your choice.

I'm also offering your choice of either the T25 Gamma DVDs or the P90X Plus DVDs free if you sign up under me as a Coach with either a Challenge Pack or Shakeology on Home Direct.

Remember I have to be your coach, so if you're already a teambeachbody.com member & not working with your current coach, switch to me by following these directions first.
How long is this going to last for? Is very tempting.

Tash

Hip flexors. Might seem to be really week.

What can I do to strengthen them? For example, in cardio abs, my abs are fine but my hip flexors start hurting really bad so I have to take breaks. For now, cardio abs is sort of a waste for me to do.

I even managed to strain my right hip flexor during the recovery week workout on my first go around.

Any ideas?

The thing that is killer to increase your hip flexor strength are chair swing kicks imo.
The first time I did those during P90X I literally could.not.walk. I was so much in pain that I thought I surely must have insured something but after a few days I realized it was just normal doms. :p

He does not have great form since you should keep your back straight and not fold like that but it gives you an idea if you don't know what swing kicks are :) One minute baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKkvw3XslZw

Tash

My sister and I have both decided to give Insanity another shot again with better shoes and making sure we have a more cushioned area to work out in. I'm so excited! <3 As soon as Ramadan ends, I'm going to pick up some cross-training shoes and get started. I miss that feeling of accomplishment and being completely wiped out at the end. It hurts so good somehow. XD Thanks for your encouragement Stevemeister!!

I had no idea Tanya was 40 and had a kid... it's really encouraging to read her story about doing T25, because you sort of get this feeling like the people in the videos are robots who have no idea how hard it is for you, even though they are sweating and exhausted themselves.

I totally agree, I saw Tanya in the T25 commercial and was like: huh? she was already a machine in Insanity are those before and after fake? And then after some googling I read about her story. Very inspiring :)

Le-mo

I finished my second week of T25 and will be starting the third week this Saturday. I can do all the workouts without breaks after the first week so I'm feeling pretty good.

Fuck i'm tired as all shit. Was planning on doing shoulders and arms when i get off work in a couple of hours but my body just wants to go to sleep....should I drink some coffee/redbull or would it fuck up my heart???

Ubersnug

So, one more day of Week 1 of Insanity Month 2 and I'm feeling good, but also wiped!

That feeling you get when you finish the first circuit, your exhausted already, your mat is drenched in sweat, your taking in a few mouthfuls of water to cool you down and you look at the clock - over half an hour to go. Oh man.....

I literally had to peel my shorts off this morning since they were so sodden with sweat. Still, it's incredibly satisfying to complete a Month 2 session. So bloody difficult and gruelling. Tomorrow has Max Interval Plyo scheduled - that has to be the hardest Insanity routine I've encountered yet - Fuck you squat pushups!

One thing, for the past couple of weeks, my knees have been feeling very 'warm'. Internally speaking I mean. Externally they feel normal as always. Given the emphasis Insanity puts on your lower body, I putting this down to fatigue and general use of the area. But just wondering if it should be something I should be concerned about. I should say that my knees can feel sore and when putting weight on them, say like climbing a flight of stairs, my knees have an ache that goes through them as i transfer my weight across them. When I get up in the morning they can feel sore and stiff, but after a few moments walking around they loosen off. Even during my workouts there is no issue.

Tash

So, one more day of Week 1 of Insanity Month 2 and I'm feeling good, but also wiped!

That feeling you get when you finish the first circuit, your exhausted already, your mat is drenched in sweat, your taking in a few mouthfuls of water to cool you down and you look at the clock - over half an hour to go. Oh man.....

I literally had to peel my shorts off this morning since they were so sodden with sweat. Still, it's incredibly satisfying to complete a Month 2 session. So bloody difficult and gruelling. Tomorrow has Max Interval Plyo scheduled - that has to be the hardest Insanity routine I've encountered yet - Fuck you squat pushups!

One thing, for the past couple of weeks, my knees have been feeling very 'warm'. Internally speaking I mean. Externally they feel normal as always. Given the emphasis Insanity puts on your lower body, I putting this down to fatigue and general use of the area. But just wondering if it should be something I should be concerned about. I should say that my knees can feel sore and when putting weight on them, say like climbing a flight of stairs, my knees have an ache that goes through them as i transfer my weight across them. When I get up in the morning they can feel sore and stiff, but after a few moments walking around they loosen off. Even during my workouts there is no issue.

Ice them a bit during the evening just to be sure. It sounds like a bit of overuse right now, so be careful.

FOOTE

Just finished Speed 1.0. I stumbled around a bit but not too bad and I'm pretty sure the sweat was flowing even more this morning so...

T25 day 2- NAILED IT!

bloody hell. I read this on my phone at my desk at work earlier and I had to hold in laughter.

---------------------------

OK day one of Harry Potter's Magical Hybrid is finished. feeling good right now... real good

Nice! I need to work on beta schedule. Today is much my needed rest day. The week went pretty well for me. I did the Body Beast workouts in the morning and T25 after I got off work because I never have the energy for cardio in the morning.

teeny

I wish Insanity was cheaper, seems like the perfect option for me to get over my slump and get properly into shape.

Oh, and, this thread is awesome.

Ubersnug

I wish Insanity was cheaper, seems like the perfect option for me to get over my slump and get properly into shape.

Oh, and, this thread is awesome.

I was a completely lazy bastard up to about 6 weeks ago. I did zero exercise and eat like a king (more like a pig) with no consideration to what it was doing to me. I got to a point where I said 'enough was enough' plus my 15 month old son at the time was running rings around me. I needed to get into shape badly.

And here we are, 6 weeks later, I've stuck to the insanity plan religiously (haven't missed a single day). my diet is MUCH better, having not drank alcohol since I started, or any fizzy drinks, even my chocolate and snack intake has been reduced drastically (all I've had has been 1 chocolate cake the entire time). My weight has been dropping consistently, my body is changing shape and I'm feeling good about myself now. Plus, you can't help but have a moment of satisfaction when you have work colleagues, family and friends all comment on how they are noticing a difference.

One of the best decisions of my life so far.

Hmm, so it seems my injury is worse than I thought. What was originally meant to be one day of recovery has turned to three days off. I keep thinking when I go to bed that it'll be ok when I wake up the next morning. As it stands, whenever I extend my left leg I can feel a sharp pain in my left hamstring. In fact, I can also feel the pain in my left hamstring when I extend my right leg. I did a bit of research and found out that I probably have a level 1 pull - I can exercise without pain, but when I stop it comes back harder.

I do actually have a couple of questions. At the moment, I'm trying to stick to the Insanity diet despite not actually doing the exercises. However, as I go longer without doing the intensive exercises that the diet was supposed to accompany I'm worrying that I'm overeating. What if it takes me another week to recover? Won't the amount of food I'm eating be excessive?

Has anyone else had a niggling little injury that refused to go away? So frustrating.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Working out this past week has been hell. Mid-90s every day with brutal humidity. Still have kenpo tomorrow morning, blerg.

Sajjaja

Guys... what keeps you motivated? What pushes your dedication? I keep saying im gonna do something, and I do 1 day to maybe a week, then I just create an excuse for myself and then I don't do it, then I just stop D:

Guys... what keeps you motivated? What pushes your dedication? I keep saying im gonna do something, and I do 1 day to maybe a week, then I just create an excuse for myself and then I don't do it, then I just stop D:

I signed up for Tough Mudder. So I know as much as it hurts now and I don't want to do it sometimes, I'll be needing it and more soon.

Apart from that I just like looking and feeling good. Keep taking photos and it'll keep you going.

Ubersnug

Seeing results keeps me motivated. But also, knowing that each beach body routine is set out for me, and I have an end date I can aim for, means I can focus on getting the workouts down each day knowing I am ticking down the days. Then I can reward myself with a week break and then get tore into another routine knowing I will finish it in x amount of days/months. In my eyes, this has been the BIGGEST motivator.

Also, after a month of toiling away at the routines, to have people come up to you and saying what a physical difference they are seeing in you, also helps motivate me.

gotoadgo

Same as above, tough mudder means a little pain now to prevent a lot during the event. I also feel better than I ever have so I really don't want to lose that now. I'd highly recommend some sort of event 6 months away that gives you a reason to train and keep at it. It makes a huge difference in your mindset and gives you a goal to shoot for.

Sajjaja

I signed up for Tough Mudder. So I know as much as it hurts now and I don't want to do it sometimes, I'll be needing it and more soon.

Apart from that I just like looking good. Keep taking photos and it'll keep you going.

Seeing results keeps me motivated. But also, knowing that each beach body routine is set out for me, and I have an end date I can aim for, means I can focus on getting the workouts down each day knowing I am ticking down the days. Then I can reward myself with a week break and then get tore into another routine knowing I will finish it in x amount of days/months. In my eyes, this has been the BIGGEST motivator.

Also, after a month of toiling away at the routines, to have people come up to you and saying what a physical difference they are seeing in you, also helps motivate me.

Same as above, tough mudder means a little pain now to prevent a lot during the event. I also feel better than I ever have so I really don't want to lose that now. I'd highly recommend some sort of event 6 months away that gives you a reason to train and keep at it. It makes a huge difference in your mindset and gives you a goal to shoot for.

Much of these exercises require following a diet plan and everytime I look at those they feel like so much to do. Kind of get overwhelmed because that stuff can be really expensive and I just get turned off because of the upkeep. The exercise itself is one thing. I feel I can push myself to do that, but the diet seems a whole other world to me.

And that Tought Mudder thing looks CRAZY.

Much of these exercises require following a diet plan and everytime I look at those they feel like so much to do. Kind of get overwhelmed because that stuff can be really expensive and I just get turned off because of the upkeep. The exercise itself is one thing. I feel I can push myself to do that, but the diet seems a whole other world to me.

I'm not following a diet plan or taking any supplements or anything for much the same reasons. I'm still getting really good results, plus I'm still eating what I want to eat. Sure it helps that I've always eaten pretty well and I know I'd get better results if I was more strict but it is what it is. Either way not doing the exercises and not dieting is going to be a lot worse than just working out alone.

As for tough mudder, it probably is a bit crazy and over the top. But just about every city will have frequent running events, even if just a 5km. I started out with these and once you get out amongst people and see that you are not alone and want to do better, you'll push yourself more for the next one.

gotoadgo

Again, same as above. I'm not following a strict diet plan but I'm just eating much better in general. Protein shakes are thrown in most days to help supplement a bit though this may not be necessary.
And yeh, tough Mudder is nuts, I'm not sure what I was thinking!

FOOTE

Nice! I need to work on beta schedule. Today is much my needed rest day. The week went pretty well for me. I did the Body Beast workouts in the morning and T25 after I got off work because I never have the energy for cardio in the morning.

Good stuff. I always think I won't have the energy to do cardio in the morning but then I'm in it strong within about 3 or 4 minutes. Maybe give it a try again, I feel amazing for the whole day after a morning cardio session. Plus, dude, if you have the energy to do Beast in the morning then I'm willing to bet you have the energy to do T25 and not fussing around with weights (moving them around ect.) so early is another plus for me personally. I've also felt A LOT stronger with my weight lifting in the (late) afternoon.

Anyway, just some thoughts from my own trials and errors. Do what works for you, brother. You're just as much of a Vet of these workouts as me.

Here in a few minutes I'm going to do Day 3 of T25 ( I believe Beast is later), I need to look at my sheet to see what the WOD is... I don't have a clue.

Edit- Day 3 of T25 finished.. Total Body Circuit is hard - I struggled. I have problems (shoulders) with holding plank after doing pushups and the like, always have.

Shaun T said it best when he said "Because I wanna look good." In the most simple explanation, that's it for me. There are also the health benefits and that's important too but really, I just want to look good.

FOOTE

Day 4 of T25, Ab Intervals... Just about to get this one in. Don't know what to expect out of it.

Finished- Struggled with some, nailed some. Great workout, my core was tight the entire time...

Sipping on my vanilla Shakeology, this stuff is good.

Bulk Arms later.

Ixian

Hey guys; long time no see. :) Good to see the usual crew still kicking around, though where the hell did Lane go (again)?

I think my shoulder area is finally getting to the point where I can get into lifting again, but I want to give it a couple more months just to be sure and recently I got inspired to do another run through Insanity and maybe T-25 afterward. I've done a couple of cold Pure Cardio workouts (ie: not having done any of the other Insanity workouts to get my stamina back into gear) and did pretty good, so my body is ready as gaming GAF would say.

Also need to get my diet back into gear! I got a new job, complete with relocation from Seattle to San Diego and got a bit crazy with eating out since it was my last chance to see people for a while. Tomorrow's my first day at the new job so I imagine there will be one more lunch out, but after that I've got my prepared meals for the rest of the week. :D

FOOTE

Hey guys; long time no see. :) Good to see the usual crew still kicking around, though where the hell did Lane go (again)?

I think my shoulder area is finally getting to the point where I can get into lifting again, but I want to give it a couple more months just to be sure and recently I got inspired to do another run through Insanity and maybe T-25 afterward. I've done a couple of cold Pure Cardio workouts (ie: not having done any of the other Insanity workouts to get my stamina back into gear) and did pretty good, so my body is ready as gaming GAF would say.

Also need to get my diet back into gear! I got a new job, complete with relocation from Seattle to San Diego and got a bit crazy with eating out since it was my last chance to see people for a while. Tomorrow's my first day at the new job so I imagine there will be one more lunch out, but after that I've got my prepared meals for the rest of the week. :D

Good luck getting back into it!

Half of T25, day 5 is finished. I'm going to do the second half after work.

Top Bottom