• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.

I picked up my copy at Summit. During the Super Workout on Saturday, Chalene Johnson warmed us up with about 10 minutes or so of Piyo, and it seems pretty good! More dynamic than Yoga or Pilates on their own. It's all bodyweight moves, flexibility & balance, and non-impact & no equipment required other than a mat.

I'm going to go through the workouts over the next couple weeks here & there, and I'm thinking of doing P90X3 Mass and Piyo after I'm finished with P90X3 Doubles. I'll be sure to post my impressions.

I picked up my copy at Summit. During the Super Workout on Saturday, Chalene Johnson warmed us up with about 10 minutes or so of Piyo, and it seems pretty good! More dynamic than Yoga or Pilates on their own. It's all bodyweight moves, flexibility & balance, and non-impact & no equipment required other than a mat.

I'm going to go through the workouts over the next couple weeks here & there, and I'm thinking of doing P90X3 Mass and Piyo after I'm finished with P90X3 Doubles. I'll be sure to post my impressions.
can't wait for impression. i may try if it's fun to do.

LaneDS

That PiYo link appeared to work earlier in the day, but no longer shows the DVDs for purchase.

Can Steve/anyone elaborate some on what it is? If it's similar to the P90X yoga programs, the girlfriend and I would probably really enjoy that type of workout. Also if there's an alternate method to purchase it, I'd appreciate a new link.

Unrelated, as a progress report I ran 5k outside in a rather hilly area in lieu of X1 plyometrics since I still don't have a great spot to do that workout (without fear of downstairs neighbors calling the cops or some such). Was slow and plodding, but I managed the whole route without having to walk which felt good.

Edit: Somehow missed Steve's post two up, my bad.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
That PiYo link appeared to work earlier in the day, but no longer shows the DVDs for purchase.

Can Steve/anyone elaborate some on what it is? If it's similar to the P90X yoga programs, the girlfriend and I would probably really enjoy that type of workout. Also if there's an alternate method to purchase it, I'd appreciate a new link.

Unrelated, as a progress report I ran 5k outside in a rather hilly area in lieu of X1 plyometrics since I still don't have a great spot to do that workout (without fear of downstairs neighbors calling the cops or some such). Was slow and plodding, but I managed the whole route without having to walk which felt good.

Edit: Somehow missed Steve's post two up, my bad.

LaneDS, try this link for PiYo. This is for the base kit; there's also a "Strength" package, just click on "Click here to view other PiYo package options" on the linked page. I'm not getting that; it relies on these slider pads and I don't have a smooth surface on which to use them.

Gonna have my Fit Club at work do the first PiYo workout on Friday, so I'll let you all know how it goes!

I'm new to the whole home workout thing (usually a runner and climber, but having a three year old really puts a damper on that), but I have been doing T-25 for a week now and I love it. It feels like a solid workout, I sweat like a motherfucker, and it's varied enough to keep it interesting.

LaneDS

Two weeks of X1 almost complete. Just finished legs and back about 15 minutes ago. Dying. Took me a long time since I made a point to do every exercise this week (ended up sitting out maybe four of them last week) but I managed to do so. Such a monster workout.

Also bought a chin-up max since I was using either the chair or the bands previously. Can't do as many as I could with the chair but it seems to be a better form of the exercise... not entirely sure. Either way, feeling pretty good.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I think I'm stuck in the second phase of Body Beast Huge schedule. I don't wanna stop bulking, it's too good to give up. lol
I'm only up to 1,5 extra weeks of bulk though. Are there any downsides to actually doing that? I mean, aside from gaining some more weight (which I wouldn't mind)?

LaneDS

I miss the days this thread used to have folks posting progress constantly!

Anyway, did kenpo X yesterday and chest and back today (skipped a day I think on Thursday so didn't take the rest day I normally would). Have started doing ab ripper X when I'm supposed to, but as usual it really hurts my lower back so I modify a lot and just try to keep myself tired/constantly doing something for my core I feel like I can do without too much pain with the hopes it'll all improve in the months ahead.

Two solid weeks of six workouts a week complete. Feeling stronger, clothes fitting better, excited to do the workouts (until I start them and then immediately want to quit). Thumbs up P90X.

Ixian

For those who looking for a more active group to keep them motivated, I thought this Reddit group was a pretty cool idea:

http://www.reddit.com/r/90daysgoal

It's been going on for a long time now; they just started another round earlier this week but you can join mid-round. :)
Gogo!

Out of curiosity, how do you look these days in comparison to last time you posted progress photos? Can't remember how long ago that was now but it was quite a while!

Anyway, did kenpo X yesterday and chest and back today (skipped a day I think on Thursday so didn't take the rest day I normally would). Have started doing ab ripper X when I'm supposed to, but as usual it really hurts my lower back so I modify a lot and just try to keep myself tired/constantly doing something for my core I feel like I can do without too much pain with the hopes it'll all improve in the months ahead.

Two solid weeks of six workouts a week complete. Feeling stronger, clothes fitting better, excited to do the workouts (until I start them and then immediately want to quit). Thumbs up P90X.

Unsolicited advice lane...do you have X2? id swap out Ab ripper x with X2. That lower back pain is not to be ignored. I don't know x3 ripper but looking back you can work the same muscle groups with other exercise than Ab ripper X

Hi and so good to see you keep at it!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Been out of action since last Wednesday with a stomach bug. Wouldn't wish this on anyone, bleah.

That said, I did manage to pull it together enough on Friday to have my Fit Club do the PiYo introduction video, and even though it was a tutorial everyone felt it the next day. Looks like this is the real deal.

LaneDS

Gogo!

Out of curiosity, how do you look these days in comparison to last time you posted progress photos? Can't remember how long ago that was now but it was quite a while!

Fatter! And scarred up! Probably somewhere between my day 1 and my day 90 photos from my first X1 round. I'll ask the girlfriend to take some progress pictures soon and will likely post them up eventually.

Unsolicited advice lane...do you have X2? id swap out Ab ripper x with X2. That lower back pain is not to be ignored. I don't know x3 ripper but looking back you can work the same muscle groups with other exercise than Ab ripper X

Hi and so good to see you keep at it!

I feel like half the point of this thread is soliciting advice and feedback, so I welcome any and all suggestions. I do indeed have X2 and have found what you said to be true. I've bounced back and forth between X1 and X2 ARX over the last two weeks and am just pushing myself as much as I can while the video runs and will hope that ends up being effective. If it persists, I'll just skip ARX and work the core and lower back via alternate exercises.

Hope your fitness goals are going well! What are you doing in lieu of P90X these days?

Fatter! And scarred up! Probably somewhere between my day 1 and my day 90 photos from my first X1 round. I'll ask the girlfriend to take some progress pictures soon and will likely post them up eventually.

I feel like half the point of this thread is soliciting advice and feedback, so I welcome any and all suggestions. I do indeed have X2 and have found what you said to be true. I've bounced back and forth between X1 and X2 ARX over the last two weeks and am just pushing myself as much as I can while the video runs and will hope that ends up being effective. If it persists, I'll just skip ARX and work the core and lower back via alternate exercises.

Hope your fitness goals are going well! What are you doing in lieu of P90X these days?

Hello sir! Yea after branching out my exercise routines more I find it less and less helpful to work abs. Abs are made in the kitchen with dieting and strengths can be gained via core work. So there are so many other things that can give you same or maybe better results than struggling through backpain

I'm doing ok. Fitness took a backseat due to grad school and moving. I'm trying to get it back on a consistent level but it's also more difficult with a gf, especially dieting ;)

So I lift weights and add X3 workouts for my routines. Just trying to not be too rigid with what I do.

Gumbie

I think I'm stuck in the second phase of Body Beast Huge schedule. I don't wanna stop bulking, it's too good to give up. lol
I'm only up to 1,5 extra weeks of bulk though. Are there any downsides to actually doing that? I mean, aside from gaining some more weight (which I wouldn't mind)?

Do whatever you feel bro. I finished the Lean Beast schedule as it was written and took a week off. Now I'm doing a modified schedule of 4 weeks bulk, 1 week beast. On the bulk cardio day I usually run 3-4 miles instead of doing the beast cardio workout.

LaneDS

Hello sir! Yea after branching out my exercise routines more I find it less and less helpful to work abs. Abs are made in the kitchen with dieting and strengths can be gained via core work. So there are so many other things that can give you same or maybe better results than struggling through backpain

I'm doing ok. Fitness took a backseat due to grad school and moving. I'm trying to get it back on a consistent level but it's also more difficult with a gf, especially dieting ;)

So I lift weights and add X3 workouts for my routines. Just trying to not be too rigid with what I do.

Good advice on ab work, and I agree with you. I'll try to keep it in mind and not beat myself up with the ARX stuff.

Grad school and girlfriend, good going man! I know the feeling of how dieting can fall by the wayside easily when dating someone (one of the biggest reasons I let myself slip up). Both my girlfriend and I are onboard with getting into better shape which ultimately helps a lot. I have no doubt you'll prioritize fitness again when you're able to/when the time is right.

Been trying to drink a gallon of water a day for the last week and I've found it beneficial thus far. Anyone else do something similar that could share impressions?

Ixian

Been trying to drink a gallon of water a day for the last week and I've found it beneficial thus far. Anyone else do something similar that could share impressions?
I drink about or more than that on any given day; more on lifting days. It's not really a magical number I aim for, I'm just a thirsty dude I guess, hah. Benefits include:
- Having to get up and walk to refill my water bottle.
- Having to get up and walk to go to the bathroom more frequently.
- Helps with any hunger pangs that occur towards the end of my 16 hour fast.
- Feeling very "clean" / "smooth" internally, as opposed to the feeling drinking diet soda gives me. And since I drink so much water, if I do decide to have a diet coke it helps wash away that feeling pretty quickly. But these days I'm generally all water with some coffee in the morning.

LaneDS

I drink about or more than that on any given day; more on lifting days. It's not really a magical number I aim for, I'm just a thirsty dude I guess, hah. Benefits include:
- Having to get up and walk to refill my water bottle.
- Having to get up and walk to go to the bathroom more frequently.
- Helps with any hunger pangs that occur towards the end of my 16 hour fast.
- Feeling very "clean" / "smooth" internally, as opposed to the feeling drinking diet soda gives me. And since I drink so much water, if I do decide to have a diet coke it helps wash away that feeling pretty quickly. But these days I'm generally all water with some coffee in the morning.

Man, 16 hour fasts... I could never do that I think. I bet that's very effective though.

Your last point about diet soda I found applicable, as someone who normally drank a lot of coffee (with splenda and a couple creamer packets) and diet soda throughout the day. Having made the switch to drinking so much water I found myself having maybe a single coffee or diet soda on any given day and it's refreshing for lack of a better word. Kind of a fun goal too, as stupid as that sounds (drink 4 32 oz Nalgene bottles worth any given day).

Looking forward to getting out of work to go do shoulders and arms tonight. Yesterday would have been plyometrics, but I ran 4 miles (2 on a treadmill, 2 outside) instead. Running is the worst.

Ixian

Man, 16 hour fasts... I could never do that I think. I bet that's very effective though.
I seem to remember us having this dialogue a few years ago, but it's just one of those things you need to adjust to; after that it's easy. I'm always astounded by my coworkers' ability to eat a few donuts or bagels on Friday morning and then go out for lunch a couple of hours later, then another bagel/donut a bit after that and then eventually dinner (coincidentally, I am the fittest programmer on our team heh). I've been skipping breakfast for two years now and enjoy the mental focus it gives me, as well as the psychological satisfaction I gain from eating two bigger meals as opposed to three (or more) smaller ones.

LaneDS

I seem to remember us having this dialogue a few years ago, but it's just one of those things you need to adjust to; after that it's easy. I'm always astounded by my coworkers' ability to eat a few donuts or bagels on Friday morning and then go out for lunch a couple of hours later, then another bagel/donut a bit after that and then eventually dinner (coincidentally, I am the fittest programmer on our team heh). I've been skipping breakfast for two years now and enjoy the mental focus it gives me, as well as the psychological satisfaction I gain from eating two bigger meals as opposed to three (or more) smaller ones.

Hey if you ever want any advice on how to do the donuts+lunch+donuts (OR BAGELS) combo I am more than happy to teach you the secrets behind such technique!

In seriousness though, do you always skip breakfast? What time of day do you usually workout? I could probably get away with not eating until lunch, after thinking about it some, and might consider doing so after some more research.

Ixian

Hey if you ever want any advice on how to do the donuts+lunch+donuts (OR BAGELS) combo I am more than happy to teach you the secrets behind such technique!

In seriousness though, do you always skip breakfast? What time of day do you usually workout? I could probably get away with not eating until lunch, after thinking about it some, and might consider doing so after some more research.
Haha, no need to, I used to be the master of such things. I remember back when I regularly ate breakfast, on Fridays I would go out with one of my coworkers to a local bar / restaurant for their amazing fries. Because of my calorie intake from that meal, I would skip breakfast to compensate. By the time lunch rolled around I felt so famished that I would get shaky and irritable. Glad I'm past that.

I would say I skip breakfast 99.9999999% of the time. The last time I didn't was because I was with my girlfriend and we were going to the San Diego Zoo for the day and weren't sure when we would have the chance to eat so I wanted her to eat before we went and didn't want to make her eat by herself.

I'm following the LeanGains protocol so I only workout three days a week for about 45 minutes - 1 hour / session. Training days are high carb / low fat, rest days are lower carb / higher fat. I don't really think about the calories too much but on training days it'd come out to around 1850 and rest days around 1400 or so. First meal is at 1 PM, training is at 7 PM, dinner is at 8:30 PM. Ideally I'd train fasted, but psssssh I'm not waking up that early.

Edit: I should also note that even though I'm doing this with regular barbell training, when I first tried it out two years ago it was with P90X and I felt it worked well for me there too.

LaneDS

I think what keeps me from trying lean gains is that it requires a bit more planning and structure out of my diet than I feel capable of doing. For now I am just focusing on eating better (lots of water, less/no diet soda, cut out the sweets) and working up from there. Maybe one day I'll try it though, once I pass some of my current goals (which is to complete a round of P90X right before Tough Mudder on 9/27, followed by a round of X2 to close out the year and hopefully get me back to where I was a couple years ago).

All that said, after I do kenpo today that's three weeks of X1 complete! Felt pretty poor the day before last and yesterday, but made myself work out anyway and ended up feeling better after the fact (wanted to die at the start though). Aside from that, feeling much much better than I did three weeks ago and can already see a big difference.

Ixian

It's really not that bad, especially if you follow an IIFYM (if it fits your macros) approach. For example, today was a training day and I decided to satisfy my sweet tooth by eating a diet of yummy protein bars. XD The only "difficult" part is the initial game of macro Tetris where you're trying to set up some meals/develop a basic grasp of how much you should eat. I'd recommend giving this article a readover; Andy's been rewriting his old articles lately and this one was just posted -- helps demystify things. I'd also recommend poking around some of the results and reading testimonials.

That being said, I can understand not wanting to introduce new variables if what you're doing works. Still, poke around the site a bit, digest some of the info, let me know if you have any questions.

Kenpo is still the worst. MMX from P90X3 dunks on it so hard!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
21 Day Fix attempts to solve the macros issue in a novel way -- it comes with a number of color-coded plastic containers that are used for veggies, proteins, carbs, etc. For a given meal you don't eat more of a particular food than will fit in its relevant container. I've heard the workouts are tougher than you might expect, too. Autumn Calabrese doesn't do breaks apparently.

Haven't tried it myself but it sounds like a good idea for keeping portion sizes appropriate, and I'd think you can scale it by buying extra sets of the containers or measuring out another 50% or so of the ones you need more of for your particular macro ratios.

Ixian

I like that, though I'm curious how it treats something that's basically pure carbs versus something that also has a more notable amount of fats or protein. In general everyone could do with a bit more understanding of the macro breakdowns of their food / knowing how much they're eating. I'm willing to bet that a lot of the weight loss issues I see people experiencing are because we tend to underestimate how much we're eating and overestimate our calorie burn (be it exercise or even just our TDEE).

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Yeah, tracking what you eat can be a real eye opener! I usually recommend people start out doing that for a couple weeks, using MyFitnessPal or LoseIt or something similar.

Hey guys, is T25 really worth it or is there some other equipment-less program that is simply better out there?

In short, yes.

Do alpha for a week. If it's too easy, move on straight to beta and them gamma.

You can do gamma twice (2 calendar options presented) which is what I'll be doing.

It's a great workout and not very time consuming.

LaneDS

Have to travel for a wedding next weekend, which will mean two days I can't get workouts in. That said, I am opting to skip my rest day today and am about to start week four with chest and back instead. Kind of phoned it in with kenpo yesterday and will try MMX from X3 next time, per Ixian's suggestion. I've owned X3 since it came out earlier this year and have done precisely zero of the workouts, mostly because in my mind the one hour workouts present a greater challenge and possible benefit compared to the 30 minute ones, combined with that feeling of being out of shape and behind with a desire to fix it. Still very curious about the program.

Anyway, time for chest and back woo.

Edit: Barf. All done with that. My push up numbers are so terrible. Usually I get like 10 real ones out initially then I'm on my knees for a few more reps, and all the remaining push up exercises I can do like 2-4 real ones before I'm doing knee versions. I use the "Perfect Push-up" as my push-up bar (it can turn as you do a push up but I always keep it steady) but even without that my numbers are still pretty bad. For pull-ups/chin-ups I'm getting like 3-6 with the pull-up assist and then I switch to the bands (red+green+black) and do as many as I can until failure, which at least seems better. Any advice on how to get better numbers?

While I'm at it, my seated back-fly and seated shoulder-press form is also usually pretty shit, so I don't end up using much weight at all for those (5-15lbs depending on the move). Is that normal?

Ixian

I've owned X3 since it came out earlier this year and have done precisely zero of the workouts, mostly because in my mind the one hour workouts present a greater challenge and possible benefit compared to the 30 minute ones, combined with that feeling of being out of shape and behind with a desire to fix it. Still very curious about the program.
Well, one thing to keep in mind with X3 is the use of more compound movements, which increases the efficiency in comparison to X1. I would recommend swapping in CVX for one of your days to get a feel for that. It's also why I enjoy squats / deadlifts / bench presses so much -- they're very simple and quick workouts but they work a lot of your body at once.

For pull-ups / chin-ups, if you can't do more with the assist, maybe try adding in some negatives before going to the bands.

LaneDS

Going to watch some of the X3 workouts now while I sit here with the post workout protein shake to see if I can get away with doing them (assuming CVX is a cardio thing) in my apartment without pissing off the neighbors too much.

When you say "do negatives" what does that mean? I'm unfamiliar with the term.

Edit: First move suggest probably not! Really wish I had a good place to do these workouts full bore :/

Ixian

Going to watch some of the X3 workouts now while I sit here with the post workout protein shake to see if I can get away with doing them (assuming CVX is a cardio thing) in my apartment without pissing off the neighbors too much.

When you say "do negatives" what does that mean? I'm unfamiliar with the term.

Edit: First move suggest probably not! Really wish I had a good place to do these workouts full bore :/
A negative is when you start at the top of a pull up and slowly lower yourself to build strength.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
With pull ups or chin-ups, by "do negatives" it means jump up to the top, hold it briefly, and slowly lower yourself down. It's also called eccentric movement. There are two X3 workouts, Eccentric Upper and Eccentric Lower that focus on the lengthening of the muscle, which is called eccentric or negative motion. The other direction, contracting the muscle, is called concentric or positive motion.

There's a theory that a slow eccentric motion followed by an explosive concentric motion is more efficient for building strength and muscle than steady motion in both directions, and that's what Eccentric Upper and Lower focus on. Eccentric on a slow 3 count, explosive concentric, repeat.

As far as improving your push-ups, I'd recommend staying off your knees and starting out with a reduced range of motion but perfect form. Heels back, pelvis tilted forward, hands in line with your shoulders (i.e. not forward), neck in line with your spine so you're looking slightly ahead, and no bend in your back. You want a straight line from your shoulders through your hips to your heels. Lower your chest down keeping your body aligned properly. Don't worry about touching your chest to the floor -- set goals for how deep you want to lower yourself and how many you plan to do. Maybe today it's 10 reps lowering 3". Tomorrow try 10 at 6". Keep increasing your range of motion and your reps as you get comfortable.

And don't feel like you HAVE to have the same goals for all push-up variations -- military push-ups are hard, don't expect to be able to do as many as you can standard.

LaneDS

Ah, understood. Will try that next time. Even if my numbers suck, I can see improvements week over week in almost every area so I probably should just be patient and keep working hard.

CVX looks like a great workout. Can't do it here, but really look forward to when I can. Watching X3 yoga now (hello Stephanie) to see how that compares.

As far as improving your push-ups, I'd recommend staying off your knees and starting out with a reduced range of motion but perfect form. Heels back, pelvis tilted forward, hands in line with your shoulders (i.e. not forward), neck in line with your spine so you're looking slightly ahead, and no bend in your back. You want a straight line from your shoulders through your hips to your heels. Lower your chest down keeping your body aligned properly. Don't worry about touching your chest to the floor -- set goals for how deep you want to lower yourself and how many you plan to do. Maybe today it's 10 reps lowering 3". Tomorrow try 10 at 6". Keep increasing your range of motion and your reps as you get comfortable.

And don't feel like you HAVE to have the same goals for all push-up variations -- military push-ups are hard, don't expect to be able to do as many as you can standard.

Interesting, and thank you for the advice (also for the non-quoted bits). Reminded me of another question I wanted to ask the thread during today's workout while I was trying decline push-ups. What I've been doing for those is to essentially set myself up with a chair and the push-up bars and hold as good a form as I can muster (essentially a raised plank) for 30+ seconds. My body is shaking by the end of it, and it *feels* effective but I'm not sure if that's a good way to work towards being able to actually do more. It sounded similar to what you were suggesting, so I wanted to bring it up.

Steve, do you think trying to work in some push-ups (or really any move I have trouble with) on days there isn't a workout with those moves is a smart way to go about things? Sometimes I feel like I return to these moves once a week and don't do them enough to really improve in a tangible way.

Ixian

I'm not a fan of X3 Yoga. The routine itself isn't bad, but Tony's constant talking about how little time they have destroyed it for me. Were I to do X3 again, I'd probably replace it with a routine from DDP yoga which are around the same length.

How much space so you have where you work out? I live in a studio and have a bench and squat rack taking up room and never had space issues. o_O Well, aside from Agility X but I hated that workout anyway.

LaneDS

I'm not a fan of X3 Yoga. The routine itself isn't bad, but Tony's constant talking about how little time they have destroyed it for me. Were I to do X3 again, I'd probably replace it with a routine from DDP yoga which are around the same length.

How much space so you have where you work out? I live in a studio and have a bench and squat rack taking up room and never had space issues. o_O Well, aside from Agility X but I hated that workout anyway.

Just finished skipping through/watching X3 and there are some interesting moves in there, but I know I'm not ready for it. I also think if I do X1 (or X2) yoga I'd see just as much benefit since there are a lot of similarities plus the time for my body to actually have a shot at doing some of those moves. Stephanie's a plus though!

So I have plenty of room in my place, but my issue is just the idea of stomping around with people living downstairs. I can hear the upstairs neighbors stomping around from time to time and it's kind of annoying so I don't have the capacity to do the same to my downstairs neighbors. I wonder how much my former downstairs neighbors at my last place must have hated me and my roommate (who were both north of 200 lbs when we first got into P90X) when we would do shit like plyometrics.

Aside from the really cardio focused workouts though, it hasn't been much of a problem. I've done the kenpo which is a bit jumpy/stompy but more than that and I start worrying more about soft feet/landings more than doing the moves properly.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION

I ended up replacing it with X2 Yoga, I think it's the perfect balance between Yoga X (which I found way too long) and X3 Yoga (which was too short and rushed).

Steve Meister, I am hitting my victory week on Monday. I like the results I have gotten from P90X3 Classic but I wanna know what you think should be next for me.

I wanna lean up further than where I am now, basically shred fat but keep the muscle I have gained. Should I go P90X3 Lean or T25?

Thanks!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
T25 isn't bad, especially if you also get the Gamma workouts. They're a separate purchase, but have more exercises using weights so you can continue building strength.

I think either that or P90X3 Lean would be fine for you. If you really want a challenge, X3 Doubles is pretty great too :)

T25 isn't bad, especially if you also get the Gamma workouts. They're a separate purchase, but have more exercises using weights so you can continue building strength.

I think either that or P90X3 Lean would be fine for you. If you really want a challenge, X3 Doubles is pretty great too :)

Cool.

Thanks!

Korosenai

Im going to build a portable pullup bar this week to use in my garage and start P90x. Not having a pullup bar is the only thing thats stopped me from doing it, and im ready to bulk up a bit.

Ixian

Gonna start P90X today. I hope I don't pass out!
Just looked at the P90X schedule. Depending on your level of fitness, you're probably not at risk of passing out until tomorrow. You will, however, wake up with a sore chest / upperbody. Then after Plyo tomorrow, you're going to have difficulty walking. Good luck. :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I could only do, like, 20% (maaaaaaybe) of the exercises in the first half of the Chest Ripper DVD. My arms are really weak so I could manage maybe only 5 regular push ups and 15 or so knee ones. I could only do about 3 pull/chin ups. lol :(

As for the Ab Ripper thing, I could only do like 5 half assed versions of the exercises.

I feel like a failure. :(

Ixian

I could only do, like, 20% (maaaaaaybe) of the exercises in the first half of the Chest Ripper DVD. My arms are really weak so I could manage maybe only 5 regular push ups and 15 or so knee ones. I could only do about 3 pull/chin ups. lol :(

As for the Ab Ripper thing, I could only do like 5 half assed versions of the exercises.

I feel like a failure. :(
I'm sort of surprised you could do so many pull-ups if you could only do 5 push-ups, since it's not uncommon to struggle to do one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm sort of surprised you could do so many pull-ups if you could only do 5 push-ups, since it's not uncommon to struggle to do one.

I sort of cheated in that I've been doing around 1-3 chin ups every day for the last month or so, just to sort of prep myself.

Top Bottom