• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Does anyone else suck at side hip raises in Core Synergistics? It's the move that I probably struggle the most with — not difficulty/intensity-wise, but form-wise. It feels like I'm only getting my side/hip a couple of inches off the floor no matter how hard I try. I'm sure I'll get better, but damn, Adam, Dreya and Pam the Blam put me to shame. Motivation, though!

KingGondo

Banned
Does anyone else suck at side hip raises in Core Synergistics? It's the move that I probably struggle the most with — not difficulty/intensity-wise, but form-wise. It feels like I'm only getting my side/hip a couple of inches off the floor no matter how hard I try. I'm sure I'll get better, but damn, Adam, Dreya and Pam the Blam put me to shame. Motivation, though!
I used to have issues with it too, and it's really important to keep your core engaged (read: clench your butt) and force your abdomen to stay forward. You'll make progress.

Also, Protip: Dreya and Adam put everyone to shame. :)

Damn, P90X2 is a lot more involved than just pushing play. All the equipment switching, pausing for extra foam rolling, and setting up pillows for crunchy pull ups (why did they include this move? Even if there's a .1% something goes wrong, it's not worth it) is kind of a bummer. I'm gonna try to stick with it, though.

Try to stick with it, just a small obstacle to overcome. You can always modify that pull up move and do regular pull ups if you're worried. It's better than not doing anything at all.

Were I not going out tonight (date, woo) I'd probably do x stretch as well, but instead I'll just be sure to stretch well on Sunday's rest day.
NICE! Hope you wore something skimpy to showcase the muscles.

FYI I just ate chipotle!

Haha, you were determined to eat that this week!

core syn day today but wow my stomach is freaking bloated for some reason!!

any way to cure this?

Fart. Maybe get some gas x.

Need feedback!

It's getting hot and hotter. Is it pretentious to wear sleeveless shirt (not tank top, but like a sporty sleeveless shirt) to work? Some people seemed to have problems with me rolling sleeves up when I wore a polo shirt the other day, even though, again, it was hot...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Started p90x today...pushups are really hard for me :(
Pushups were (and still are) my absolute weak point. I started out with basically zero upper body strength.

Don't worry about it. Don't be ashamed to get on your knees, grit your teeth and pump out as many as you need to that way. The strength gains you'll start to make even in the first two weeks are profound. I'm at the point now where they're still very difficult, especially the advanced kinds like diamond, but I find myself just hitting the deck and doing 10 at random times when I'm at home just to keep at it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Final 2 days of P90X2. Working out on Friday night and Saturday morning is always the hardest to do. Friday night because it's Friday night, and Saturday morning because it's morning. :p

I think I'll take a break week off then dive into Insanity. I've lost 23 pounds on X2 and still have 15 or so to go.

Dude, take it from me, don't worry about it. The first time I did P90X I did maybe 7 push-ups the entire workout, the rest (that I could do) on my knees. When you get too tired to do regular, go to your knees.

By the time I finished P90X I could do 80+ real push-ups. You build it up fast. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Friday happens to be my rest day usually. Good and bad; depending on my plans it can feel pretty wasted.
KuGsj.gif

Man, Monday will be my third chest/back workout. This past Monday I did WAY more than the first Monday, and I expect I'll do way more this Monday too. You'll get into the rhythm, you'll have better form, you'll be more confident and you'll likely push harder too.

At the end of the day, you set your goal, you push as hard as you can, and you only answer to you. And you will succeed. Just don't feel bad about not being able to keep up. That gets in the way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
X2. Collette >>>>>>>> Audra

But in all seriousness I feel more of a burn in X2. Both are good tho.
I'm gonna have to give X2 a shot. I will plug this video again as an alternative to mix it up sometimes. It's only 8 minutes but the pace alone makes it a crazy burn if you can keep up. There's no "okay, here's the next move, we're gonna do this for 30 seconds" like there is in ARX- don't get me wrong, I love those little breaks when they come, but you can feel the difference in doing just straight ab work the whole time.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
into my 4th week of insanity, it's KILLING ME but in a good way. It's starting to work as well, dropped a couple kilos already.

However, GAF I suck at situps, always have, feel like I always will. Any secrets for getting better at them?

They just make me burn in the 'STOP RIGHT NOW' way, whereas I can power through other exercises, situps are a particular sick making kind of pain that I simply can't handle. I sweat and pant and swear/fart my way through them every time, but it feels like I don't improve.

LaneDS

NICE! Hope you wore something skimpy to showcase the muscles.

Hah, not quite there yet, unless you consider a layer of flab skimpy. I wore that over my muscles, but the date was successful all the same.

fna84 said:

That's good! Stick with it, and you'll see... a few weeks or months in, and you'll just notice that you're now able to do push-ups (possibly a lot of push-ups). Phase 3 starts for me on Monday and I am actually excited to compare my week 1 day 1 numbers to what I can put out with the first workout... I think I can really shine as far as push-ups are concerned and two months or so ago I really struggled with them.

Basically, keep at it and you'll surprise yourself in the best way.

Random but just want to get it off my chest

P90X2. Barbie is kind of annoying, since she reminds me of the over zealous Beachbody coach (she says like "yea yea!" repeatedly) The lady in plyocide is in amazing shape, but she has a smile on all the time like she has had plastic surgery and it gets creepy

Random but just want to get it off my chest

P90X2. Barbie is kind of annoying, since she reminds me of the over zealous Beachbody coach (she says like "yea yea!" repeatedly) The lady in plyocide is in amazing shape, but she has a smile on all the time like she has had plastic surgery and it gets creepy

I'd take Barbie over Dreya any day. Dreya and her constant bowing irks me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shout out to Einstein's Lighter Side menu...
phwh1.jpg

A bunch of options under 400 calories, some under 350, and not all that terrible with regard to carbs, fat, and sodium. Plenty of them are $5 or less. Very yummy, really decent stuff when you are in a rush and can't get a "good" lunch.

I used to get this egg wrap there all the time called the Santa Fe. I love it, maybe my favorite thing on any fast food menu. After making my diet adjustment for P90X, I still got it from time to time and ordered it with egg whites... but then one day I looked up the nutrition facts for it. Even with whites... :'(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Man, I'm exhausted after yoga today. Recovery week, my ass! ;)

It probably doesn't help that I ate a salad for lunch. I don't know about anyone else, but I could eat a barrel full of salad and it just wouldn't fill me up. I don't know where it all goes. By the time I got home today to work out, I almost felt like I hadn't eaten anything. Oof.

Speaking of annoying cast members, it always bugs me in Kenpo X when Wesley Idol is basically standing straight up when doing stuff like the blocks, elbow series, etc. It's "his" workout in a sense, I don't know why he's slacking so much!

No sir. Took a good look at the nutritional value and was careful. Thought of you guys too

Veggie + steak + salsa + guacamole + beans

(veg) + (protein) + (veg) + (fat) + (carbs)

Would've gotten brown rice but trying the grain-free diet

If done properly chipotle isn't bad at all, my friends get cheese and that pool of sour cream on their burritos and I get sick just looking at it lol

For me: burrito bowl, brown rice (just a little), veggies, chicken, salsa, black beans, and maybe corn

It probably doesn't help that I ate a salad for lunch. I don't know about anyone else, but I could eat a barrel full of salad and it just wouldn't fill me up. I don't know where it all goes. By the time I got home today to work out, I almost felt like I hadn't eaten anything. Oof.
Calorifically there's next to nothing in salad. It's not massively surprising you felt like you hadn't eaten anything. In real terms you pretty much hadn't. :)

I just finished my last P90X workout before my three week break. I'm sure I'm going to lose a fair bit of progress, but then in a way I know I really need a break too. Crazy damn world.

What are the Yoga Blocks for? Are they even needed?

If you are not flexible enough, it will help you by reducing the distance you have to stretch in certain yoga moves that require touching the floor.

Usefulness depends on your flexibility, if you are not then you will like having them around to balance.

Piecake

If done properly chipotle isn't bad at all, my friends get cheese and that pool of sour cream on their burritos and I get sick just looking at it lol

For me: burrito bowl, brown rice (just a little), veggies, chicken, salsa, black beans, and maybe corn

cheese and sour cream are better than corn. Corn is like the worst grain you can eat

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
What are the Yoga Blocks for? Are they even needed?

I get great use out of my yoga block. If you can't reach the floor (or if you can, but can't hold it for the entire time period), then the yoga block is an excellent tool.

You can get them from Amazon or Target for like $7-10.

vatstep

The only time I feel like I really need a block is during half moon and twisting half moon. That shit is crazy.

Woke up today feeling more sore after my recovery week than any other. Not really a big deal, I'll probably just cool it on all the walking I typically do on Saturdays.

vatstep

Things I do not want to do right now: yoga x

Things I am going to do right now: yoga x
Somehow I've come to enjoy it. It's just a tiny bit too long. It felt great doing it at the end of the work week yesterday; it really relaxes and de-stresses me.

One thing that irks me is all the relaxing stretching you do toward the end... and THEN comes yoga belly seven. It feels backwards to me.

Top Bottom