• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bebpo is crazy, 360 has risen to the heavens and MC Data is out for the week

cvxfreak

Wii's sales # in 2 days (2 Dec ~ 3 Dec) [Media Create]
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/20061205_03.html

Wii - 350,358

Wii Sports - 176,167
Wii Play - 174,297
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 139,011
Odoru Made in Wario - 63,954
Swing Golf Panya - 16,908
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Namco mini games) - 10,763
Red Steel - 9,392
SD Gundam Scad Hammers - 9,226
Tamagotchi Pika Pika Daitouryou - 8,042
Elebits - 5,791
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - 4,423
Crayon Shin-Chan - 4,248
Trauma Center Second Opinion - 4,107
Kororinpa - 2,416
Necro-Nesia - 1,934
Wing Island - 800

total software - 631,480
Tie Ratio - 1.8

Thanks to neo for the original post.

Maridia

Reviews be damned, I can't imagine owning a Wii and not Wii Sports. So much ****ing fun and a great showcase for the system.

Jammy

Banned
Hmm... The first four games have some great/good sales, but the rest aren't that good at all.

Did those companies not ship as many or what? I wish Gundam: SCAD Hammers would have sold more than its reportedly terrible Gundam brother on PS3. It's also weird seeing a Tamagotchi game sell that little when we've been seeing these DS figures.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
cvxfreak said:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 139,011
I dont get it. Who bought a Wii and didnt buy Zelda?? Thats like the Q without the U.

Mrbob

Wait does this mean 50K unsold Wii systems?!?! ;)

The sales of Wii Play and Wii Sports is why I think Wii will dominate Japan. I figured Zelda would not be number one.

Damn. I was hoping Wing Island would catch on. It looked like one of the more original and interesting launch titles. I hope Hudson still plans to bring it over here. The videos look great.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
I love this. Zelda comes in third with respectable sales, and people are acting absolutely dumbfounded.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
wow.. I have to reevaluate the wii market now

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
I think these numbers show however that Nintendo realizes where the Japanese market is going, and why Wii was created. Nintendo is just gonna needle PS3 to death with these Wii non-games. :lol

Jammy

Banned
ChrisAllenFiz said:
Minigames FTW, gamers FTL

Have you played Wii Sports? It's the most fun I and many of my friends have had in a long time (Zelda is king still, but Wii Sports is not the problem).

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
MindCollizion said:
yup. nongames outselling Zelda. Tell me WHO didn't see that one coming from Japan.

Again we throw the term around. What makes WiiSports/WiiPlay a "non-game," exactly?

Or, to the point: Can you define for me what a "non-game" is?

pretty good sales, I want to say DS launched with a 1:1 tie ratio, SM64DS and wario ware touched started in the mid 100ks and ended just short of 1 million(i believe), so there might be some hope for a few of these titles.

I'm not sure how any of this is a surprise, really.

Wii Sports is fun anyways. It's not Zelda quality, but it's fun. It's not like it outsold it by a huge margin anyways.

Mrbob

WiiSports and Wiiplay are Brain Age and Brain Academy.

I suspect they'll both be around 3 million sold each as hardware allows.

What did Wind Waker sell in Japan? 700K? TP will go past a million.

Firestorm

But seriously, this just means Nintendo wins Japan. This looks like a DS (or weekly, whatever you wanna call 'em) sales chart.

Don't really know what to make of these numbers. Pretty good numbers for Wii Sports and Wii Play but disappointing Zelda and Wario sales. And Trauma Center is a tragedy, same for Monkey Ball. How did the DS version of TC do in Japan? Either way these are only 2 day sales so it's hard to determine their meaning.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wii Bowling is awesome. Give me some more of that good "nongame" shit.

Bebpo

Banned
So we have learned that in Japan:

-PS3 3rd party sales are shit
-Wii 3rd party sales are shit
-X360 3rd party sales are ok considering the userbase
-DS 3rd party sales are ok not considering the userbase, shit if considering it
-PS2 sales are ok not considering the userbase, shit if considering it
-PSP 3rd party sales are just shit

So basically 3rd parties are all screwed!

But!

If Blue Dragon makes the X360 takes off this week in Japan.

X360 becomes the #1 system of choice for 3rd parties? O_O Wow, never would have expected these turn of events. Hopefully at least the PS3 gets ports of them all :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mrbob said:
Wait does this mean 50K unsold Wii systems?!?! ;)

The sales of Wii Play and Wii Sports is why I think Wii will dominate Japan. I figured Zelda would not be number one.

Wii Play comes with a controller, so it almost doesn't make any sense to buy a second controller alone.

And Wii Sports did well, yeah.

Top Bottom