• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

t-ramp

Was returning bottles tonight and the clerk noticed I had a Stone Enjoy By. So they told me about this one they had hiding behind the counter:
xBx4Ufh.jpg
I love saisons but I hate smoked beer. Urgh.
Just finished mine, actually. Not terrible, but the smokey flavor is quite strong.

I have not had enough saisons to say if I love them or not, but I always enjoy the limited Stone stuff. And I do like smokey beers.
I will be trying it tomorrow night. Tonight was the Victory Old Horizontal. Not bad, but not amazing. A good, solid barleywine that is hitting the spot tonight, but I wont be gushing about to friends or buying again.

filler

Banned
I just discovered Leffe, love it.

The beer store here on Fort Benning takes orders for beer, recommend me some awesome, brehs! Need bottle size in ounces and whether it comes in 4 or 6 packs.

codhand

How do people outside of Vermont get their hands on heady topper

You must first purify yourself in the waters of Lake Champlain. Next you must blow a glass pipe using only a small piece of flint and a hemp necklace. Finally you need reach Heady's Peak and speak to the Elder Alchemist. It is there, where your journey will begin.

How do people outside of Vermont get their hands on heady topper and how much is the average markup for them out of state

I trolled surrounding major cities' Craigslist posts and found someone who'd ship me some. I paid like $10 per can. Stupid markup, but I wanted to try it at least once. Did not regret it at all.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Went for a dry january after the onslaught that was december. Tomorrow I'm splurging on stuff like there's no tomorrow.

Cr0wn0

Local place was voted best new brewer in the world from rate beer. Overnight they have exploded. Tried to stop in at opening today and it was packed.

I'm hoping this means expansion is on the horizon sooner then later. The last few specials they brewed lasted about 18 hours and now with this I'm sure they will be gone twice as fast. In like 6 months they have already outgrown their brewing system. Crazy!

fenners

Local place was voted best new brewer in the world from rate beer. Overnight they have exploded. Tried to stop in at opening today and it was packed.

I'm hoping this means expansion is on the horizon sooner then later. The last few specials they brewed lasted about 18 hours and now with this I'm sure they will be gone twice as fast. In like 6 months they have already outgrown their brewing system. Crazy!

Name/link?

fijim

Banned

Yeah Pipeworks in Chicago won that last year and then every Stout or IPA they released was selling out in stores immediately. Thankfully some of the hype has died down and they have increased production so it isn't quite as hard to get now.

Cr0wn0

Yeah Pipeworks in Chicago won that last year and then every Stout or IPA they released was selling out in stores immediately. Thankfully some of the hype has died down and they have increased production so it isn't quite as hard to get now.

Sorry! Here's the link! I knew I forgot something.

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/newbrewers_012014cc.asp

I would love to see them get some stuff on the shelves but they a pretty small operation that can barely keep up. I was in a 2 weeks ago and they only had 3 beers on tap.

I'm just really glad to see a Arizona brewery doing something different and getting recognized for it. I'm hoping some of the other breweries will start experimenting more.

Sorry! Here's the link! I knew I forgot something.

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/newbrewers_012014cc.asp

I would love to see them get some stuff on the shelves but they a pretty small operation that can barely keep up. I was in a 2 weeks ago and they only had 3 beers on tap.

I'm just really glad to see a Arizona brewery doing something different and getting recognized for it. I'm hoping some of the other breweries will start experimenting more.

My Dad is actually down in Apache Junction right now to help my grandma drive back up to Seattle, and was planning on checking out Arizona Wilderness before coming back. Maybe get some growler fills to bring back.

If nothing else, he's bringing me some Four Peaks and SanTan cans.

Cr0wn0

My Dad is actually down in Apache Junction right now to help my grandma drive back up to Seattle, and was planning on checking out Arizona Wilderness before coming back. Maybe get some growler fills to bring back.

If nothing else, he's bringing me some Four Peaks and SanTan cans.

I've had everything on Tap right now and my favorite is probably the Peloncillo Porter. Honestly though it's all pretty damn good. It's a shame they don't have their berliner on yet it's probably the best thing they make.

They try and source everything they can locally, They will usually go up north and find whatever they can in the wild and bring it back and make something with it.

HiResDes

This is what I'm looking at on draft at Neons

1.) Three Floyds Permanent Funeral
2.) Three Floyds Zombie Dust
3.) Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel
4.) Ritterguts Gose
5.) Struise O.N.E. (Our Nastiest Effort)
6.) Amager Bryghus Batch 1
7.) MadTree Axis Mundi Aged in Willet Barrels
8.) De Proef Knock Out
9.) Amager Bryghus Rye Porter
10.) Triple Digit Chickow Nitro

Any particular beers you want impressions of?

Got some big bad baptist. Drinking it in a glencairn to stay safe and sober. It tastes absolutely amazing.

Full mouth coating body like a dessert, tastes of rich dark chocolate, caramel, fresh ground coffee and a hint of bourbon-like spice (cloves, cardamom, soft cinnamon). Just a quality beer all around.

3SlPwuz.jpg

Socreges

Banned

4.) Ritterguts Gose
8.) De Proef Knock Out

Zombie Dust, please.

... it's the only one I've heard of.

Where is Neons?

fijim

Banned

4.) Ritterguts Gose
8.) De Proef Knock Out

Beer Geek Brunch Weasel is so good.

Got the last case of Sucks from the place near work. Gave a bottle to a coworker since they love IPAs. And with that, I inadvertently started a beer exchange at my job. Good times ahead.

mcfrank

I might have spent too much on beer this weekend.

2x 2014 Sucaba (will drink one and age one for a vertical in a few years)
2013 Parabola (no idea why this was still on the shelf, but I'll take it)
Cascade: Kriek, The Vine, Strawberry, and Apricot (probably should have just ordered from the brewery, but it was nice to buy local)
Stone Suede
Allagash Midnight Brett

Good thing I had some left over Christmas money.

PG2G

Life is good when you walk into your local neighborhood liquor store (who has never had anything special) to get some soda because you don't feel like dealing with the crowded grocery store, and you bump into this

2x 2014 Sucaba (will drink one and age one for a vertical in a few years)
2013 Parabola (no idea why this was still on the shelf, but I'll take it)
Cascade: Kriek, The Vine, Strawberry, and Apricot (probably should have just ordered from the brewery, but it was nice to buy local)
Stone Suede
Allagash Midnight Brett

Nice pick up. I'm still seeing 2013 Sucaba at a few places, tempted to buy some for a vertical. I wish Cascade wasn't so goddamned expensive lol

KingGondo

Banned
Having some Avery IPA and some Roughtail 12th Round Ale tonight.

Roughtail is a local OKC brewery... very nice stuff. Roasty and malty to the max. Avery IPA is excellent as always.

Rjkrp0j.jpg

saison tasting time, never tried either

The Sofie is certainly a strange beer. I thought it had almost a champagne-like taste to it. It wasn't my speed, but my wife absolutely adored it. I haven't see it in a bottle anywhere, but we had it at a bar in the East Village in Manhattan. She's raved about it ever since. I gotta track these bottles down for her.

Aomber

First time seeing this thread.

I just wanted to drop in to let you all know I had heady topper recently. GOOD LORD, I don't know how anything can ever live up to that beer. Granted I'm not the most experienced compared to some others, but wooooooow

#onlyWAbeer

Black Raven -- Beaktweaker IPA
Pike -- Golden Space Needle IPA
Fremont -- Bonefire Winter Ale
Bale Breaker -- Top Cutter IPA
Bale Breaker -- Field 41 Pale Ale
Dick's -- 12th Man Pale Ale
Georgetown -- Lucille IPA

GO HAWKS.

Ekdrm2d1

Drinking some hometown (kind of) stuff tonight. Uinta Anniversary Barleywine. Really good and very drinkable considering it packs a big punch at 10.4%. Highly recommended.

beer_3716.jpg

Drinking some right now. Best barely wine I've had in like 10 years (not a BW drinker.)
It doesn't taste like 10.4%, more like 8.5 or 9%.

I tend to forget this thread because I'm barely wandering around Community Off Topic.... but SF Beer Week is coming up. I'll be in town for the kickoff on Friday and through the weekend.

Anyone notice anything they consider a must do? I usually play Beer Week events by ear.

Top Bottom