• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

I need to try Punkin Ale but there's a place near me that stocks Pumpking pretty heavily so I usually just go with that. Next time I see some of that Dogfish Punkin Ale, I'll give it a shot though.

Yay!!! Nice to see some people who love Dogfish!!! I work for them by they way :) and loving it!!!
Get them to distribute to Australia dammit! The only stuff I've ever had has been either grey imports or My Antonia.

Seems to me things like 90 Minute, Palo Santo Marron etc are perfectly fine when shipped great distances.

Also turns out the Stone distribution deal which had been struck for Australia was a mixup and someone at Stone screwed up by OKing it. It's all been shut down.

cyber_ninja

Get them to distribute to Australia dammit! The only stuff I've ever had has been either grey imports or My Antonia.

Seems to me things like 90 Minute, Palo Santo Marron etc are perfectly fine when shipped great distances.

Also turns out the Stone distribution deal which had been struck for Australia was a mixup and someone at Stone screwed up by OKing it. It's all been shut down.

I wish i could. :-(
Beers like Palo Santo can sit for a long time and get better. 90 minutes can travel long distances but we don't age it.

I wish i could. :-(
Beers like Palo Santo can sit for a long time and get better. 90 minutes can travel long distances but we don't age it.
Yeah, I know 90 Minute isn't aged. I bought a couple when a few suddenly "popped up" locally late last year (alone with Palo Santo, Festina Peche, Indian Brown, and a few from Stone) and all other than Festina seemed like they'd be fine sent all over the place.

There's definitely a demand in Australia for these brands. Might not be a big market, and given their own country isn't serviced everywhere it makes sense not to expand there yet. It'd be nice if there were a couple of event-style one offs though. We have a pretty great Good Beer Week in Melbourne every year in May with a ton of interesting events, and it'd be a great fit I reckon.

anyone in upstate ny know when kbs starts popping up in march?

It's released at the brewery on 3/15 so I'd expect to see it that following week (3/17-3/21) unless you guys get Founders shipments really late. I'm sure some stores will sell it early somewhere. It happens every year...

PG2G

Anyone ever try Cuvee de Tomme? Debating whether to buy more than one, but at $17 for a 375ml... shit better be delicious

Socreges

Banned
Big weekend coming, loaded up with:

Unibroue Trois Pistoles
Rogue Oatmeal Stout
Parallel 49 Robo Ruby

3 new ones for me. Stoked. Especially for the Unibroue

I really want to try Pumking, but we only started getting Southern Tier in BC immediately after the pumpkin beer season. Hopefully it makes its way north next year.

cyber_ninja

Yeah, I know 90 Minute isn't aged. I bought a couple when a few suddenly "popped up" locally late last year (alone with Palo Santo, Festina Peche, Indian Brown, and a few from Stone) and all other than Festina seemed like they'd be fine sent all over the place.

There's definitely a demand in Australia for these brands. Might not be a big market, and given their own country isn't serviced everywhere it makes sense not to expand there yet. It'd be nice if there were a couple of event-style one offs though. We have a pretty great Good Beer Week in Melbourne every year in May with a ton of interesting events, and it'd be a great fit I reckon.

I'm not a fan of festina but Palo Santo and Indian brown are among my favorites. I've been leaning towards darker beers recently for some reason.
The company's been struggling to meet the demand, but it should get better soon- Sam expanding the brewery big time (approximately cost of expansion is $50 mil +); therefore, i hope that more people will get to try our off-centered brews.

Headed to Bend for the weekend to help out at Crux. Gonna hit up Boneyard's parking lot party and probably stop at 10 Barrel, Deschutes, etc. Also taking a trip to Ale Apothecary, so excited!

HiResDes

Big weekend coming, loaded up with:

Unibroue Trois Pistoles
Rogue Oatmeal Stout
Parallel 49 Robo Ruby

3 new ones for me. Stoked. Especially for the Unibroue

I really want to try Pumking, but we only started getting Southern Tier in BC immediately after the pumpkin beer season. Hopefully it makes its way north next year.

Trois Pistoles is a top ten beer for me.

Milchjon

Beer is teaching me valuable life lessons. Like not having fixed opinions.

I used to think smoked beers were the devil. I also thought Belgian styles besides maybe Tripels/Qudrupels just weren't for me.

But then I tasted Imperial Stouts/Porters with some smoked malts. And some real hoppy farmhouse ales. Goddamn.

Beer is teaching me valuable life lessons. Like not having fixed opinions.

I used to think smoked beers were the devil. I also thought Belgian styles besides maybe Tripels/Qudrupels just weren't for me.

But then I tasted Imperial Stouts/Porters with some smoked malts. And some real hoppy farmhouse ales. Goddamn.

Fuck yeah dawwwwg

Saison is probably my favorite beer style, and while a little bit of smoked malt is fine in a beer, smoke beers can still go to hell.

This. I enjoy some smoke as in Stone Smoked Porter or Alaskan Smoked Porter but when you get into the German Rauchbiers, wow. It's like drinking a campfire.

Pabe1Z2.jpg

Just couldn't get through it.

terrible

Banned
This. I enjoy some smoke as in Stone Smoked Porter or Alaskan Smoked Porter but when you get into the German Rauchbiers, wow. It's like drinking a campfire.

Pabe1Z2.jpg

Just couldn't get through it.

Tastes like hickory sticks to me. Very mild imo. I like it but it's a bit boring.

edit: actually I've never had that one. I thought that was their marzen.

pj

Banned
I think in the last week and a half I have purchased all of the lagunitas sucks that my bodega received.

Easily one of my favorite beers ever.

Going to go to the beer place tomorrow to see if I can get a couple more six packs.

Staying with our brewmaster friend in Bend, OR.

Open up his beer fridge.

Hello five bottles of Abyss 2006.

Hey there test bottles of Dissident with stickers saying they were aged in French Pinot barrels

Yo, vegetable crisper full of five year old Westy 12s...

Hello 750ml Beatification batch 001. And Consecration batch 001.

What's this? Vertical of Alaksan Smoked Porter since 1996?

Whoa.

terrible

Banned
Saisons and Flanders are the best, raunchbiers are my least favorite style, then Pilsners because they're boring

Lagers and Pilsners are my least favourites by far. Very boring styles with the exceptions being so different that they barely fit within the style. For me Rauchbier's can be really cool. Charbonniere from Dieu Du Ciel for example.. basically a beer version of an Islay Scotch. Yummy.

I am seeing a few stuff from New England Brewing on their site that I have never seen in stores here in Manchester, CT. Might have to take a day trip to the brewery just to buy some.

Ron Mexico

So I'm sitting at Monk's in Philly. Just went from Pliny the Elder to L'amoureuse from Trois Dams. One of the best ipas to quite possibly the most interesting beer I've ever had. Tell my liver I'm sorry.

codhand

So I'm sitting at Monk's in Philly. Just went from Pliny the Elder to L'amoureuse from Trois Dams. One of the best ipas to quite possibly the most interesting beer I've ever had. Tell my liver I'm sorry.

no, tell your liver, you've won! Monk's is the shit, enjoy.

2011 and 2013 Le Friek. 2011 was amazing, and that's saying something conserving the 2013 was really good.

Bacchus is an amazing beer. And 8-bit is a damn good clone of NBC's Carsinal with Galaxy Hops. Yum

PG2G

Will have to try L'amoureuse one of these days. I always see it and pay it no mind.

t199Wiel.jpg

My haul from this weekend in Bend:

Cantillon -- Rose de Gambrinus 2010
De Garde -- Lee Noir
Ale Apothecary -- Sahalie
Ale Apothecary -- LaTache
Ale Apothecary -- Sahati
Deschutes -- Abyss 2006
Silver Moon -- Hop Nob
Flat Tail -- Little Green Dry Hop Saison
Heater Allen -- Pils
Bend Brewing -- Ching Ching
Double Mountain -- Tahoma Kriek
Goose Island -- BCBS 2013
Westvleteren -- Blonde

Milchjon

There's someone among my untappd friends, who I assume must be a GAFfer, who had more than 60 beers in the past 24 hours.

How?

Even if it's just small amounts for a tasting, I'd be dead after that.

fijim

Banned
There's someone among my untappd friends, who I assume must be a GAFfer, who had more than 60 beers in the past 24 hours.

How?

Even if it's just small amounts for a tasting, I'd be dead after that.

2 oz pours, that is only like 10 beers in 2 days, doable. (edit: not me of course)

Top Bottom