• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Can't get enough of the sweet taste of Bacchus!

bacchusKriek.jpg

Has a nice beer aftertaste, but not too strong, and it's accompanied by a nice tarty bite too. Both the cherry and raspberry versions are pretty nice. Now my drink of choice when not enjoying a lovely fruit cider or a spritzy cocktail!

codhand

Can't get enough of the sweet taste of Bacchus!

bacchusKriek.jpg

Has a nice beer aftertaste, but not too strong, and it's accompanied by a nice tarty bite too. Both the cherry and raspberry versions are pretty nice. Now my drink of choice when not enjoying a lovely fruit cider or a spritzy cocktail!

nice, i need that glassware.

Calibus

I am currently trying a Canadian Pilsener called Labatt Blue Light. It's not bad, although there is a strange taste in it that I cannot quite identify -- a light and sweet taste.

Minus_Me

I am currently trying a Canadian Pilsener called Labatt Blue Light. It's not bad, although there is a strange taste in it that I cannot quite identify -- a light and sweet taste.

Never realized Labatt made a light version of Blue. Never seen it in Montreal or I've just never noticed it. Fond high school memories of Labatt Blue 8%.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member

It's an adjunct lager. There's typically some sort of filler used in them in place of malted barley. Corn, rice, etc.

Honestly, it's no different than a Bud or Coors Light.

Never realized Labatt made a light version of Blue. Never seen it in Montreal or I've just never noticed it. Fond high school memories of Labatt Blue 8%.

Labatt Blue Light is as popular as Bud Light here (Buffalo, NY). Standard beer at just about every concert and sporting event.

Calibus

Wow I didn't know it was that popular. I tried Bud Light recently and it had a somewhat better taste to me. I have a Coors Light cooling in the fridge for later. So far (for light beers) Heineken Light is my favorite followed by Miller.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I didn't know it was that popular. I tried Bud Light recently and it had a somewhat better taste to me. I have a Coors Light cooling in the fridge for later. So far (for light beers) Heineken Light is my favorite followed by Miller.

Girlfriend and I did a taste test of all the Light adjunct lagers we could find. Coors ended up being my favorite of them all (although that obviously isnt saying much).

HiResDes

Yea I can barely taste the difference between any macro Pilsners. Joe Pilsner is decent, but I just find the style to be quite boring.

ink4n3

VJN9Ps7.jpg

Has anyone tried this? I got a text from the local liquor store that they got some in. They were charging $25 for the 4 pack so I hope I'm not disappointed.

SummitAve

Banned
^^^ Agreed. I enjoyed Devil's Dancer, but I was expecting more. I got a free 4 pack of it, but it was about a month or so old so it may have lost some hop flavor. It's pretty much a Barley wine, and I'm not a fan of those. I'd much rather have a hop slam or a hop henge.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gonna crack some Rare Barrel tonight I think. He is way ahead of the curve for a new sour brewer. If he continues to improve he will be fantastic very soon.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Stone Enjoy By 07-04-14. Mmmmmm. Tastes different from the last couple. And in a very good way. So glad this one made it to CT.
Just finished off a bomber myself. I liked 04-20-14 more, but this is damn good too. I feel like I'm starting to "break through" on IPA's.

Cousin is in Portland tomorrow and is looking for 1 or 2 must see breweries or beer bars. I was thinking Hair of the Dog, but any other suggestions?

Calibus

Girlfriend and I did a taste test of all the Light adjunct lagers we could find. Coors ended up being my favorite of them all (although that obviously isnt saying much).

Just tried Coors for the first time today. Actually really liked it. Whether better than Heineken or Miller, I'm not so sure, but definitely up there.

Wife grabbed me a Merry Monks tonight. Been quite some time since I had it. Still yummy. I really need to try some true Belgian tripels though. Had a few true Belgian quads, but not tripels.

bowery

apparently whole foods e.houstoun had growler fills of tilquin gueuze for 2 weeks, not listed on beermenus, got a 64oz fill yesterday and came home to discover it fully flat :( had to make the return today

Pretty Things "baby tree" quad is in the back.

My wife doesn't know east coast beer, but knew I wanted Jack's Abby stuff. She thought the Maine stuff looked "hipster beer geek" worthy. She said they had Lunch and will get me one next time she's in Boston.

CrankyJay

Banned
I had one tonight - SUPER delicious. Doesn't taste as strong as it is FYI. ;)

Did you find that it was sugary? It always seems to me the stronger the IPA the sweeter is gets.

Not sure how I'm not hung over today...was mixing all sorts of beers yesterday...

Flower Power IPA
Indica
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Tyskie (polish beer)
Coors Light
Magic Hat #9

lol

Got a four-pack of Old Chub nitro pint cans. I'd had it on nitro at a bar a while back and even though it's not my favorite style I really enjoyed it so I figured I'd revisit it. I'm impressed, tastes pretty much exactly the same as then and it's nice to have good nitro options since I don't get Left Hand Milk Stout around here. Nitro Ten Fidy next, please!

fijim

Banned
Gunna be in Chicago in July going after as much 3 Floyd's, deshutes and limited goose island stuff as I can

Also look for Half Acre, Revolution, Off Color, Spiteful, Pipeworks, Solemn Oath

If you need any brewpub or beer bar recommendations, let me know.

PG2G

Is there anything interesting beer-related in Baltimore? May or may not have to go out there for work for a couple days

Also look for Half Acre, Revolution, Off Color, Spiteful, Pipeworks, Solemn Oath

If you need any brewpub or beer bar recommendations, let me know.
I'll be up that way for a weekend in a few weeks. Hit me up.

Is there anything interesting beer-related in Baltimore? May or may not have to go out there for work for a couple days
It's not particularly amazing, but if you're in the area, you'll almost certainly need to have a Natty Boh. It's a bit of a local phenomenon.

PG2G

I guess I can always get access to beers outside of my distro.

BTW, letspour dies tomorrow at noon, all beers are now wholesale price + shipping

Top Bottom