• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Yeah I'm in no rush to try my luck again, especially given how many great saisons are available right now. Wasn't planning to crack it open on a Tuesday but I was frustrated enough to try Stickee Monkee. I'm pretty impressed. Probably not as good as Sucaba and definitely not a quad but it's damn tasty. FW just can't seem to release a bad barrel-aged beer.

PG2G

Yeah I'm in no rush to try my luck again, especially given how many great saisons are available right now. Wasn't planning to crack it open on a Tuesday but I was frustrated enough to try Stickee Monkee. I'm pretty impressed. Probably not as good as Sucaba and definitely not a quad but it's damn tasty. FW just can't seem to release a bad barrel-aged beer.

Well... I think Double DBA is hot garbage

Well... I think Double DBA is hot garbage

Really? To be fair I haven't had it fresh, my corner store just happened to be selling batch 1 bottles when I tried it a few months ago so the extra age might have something to do with it but I thought it was delicious. Tasted like boozy butterscotch.

fenners

Headed up to Firestone Walker Invitational 2014 this weekend. First time at one of these festivals, looking forward to it. Especially to try some of the breweries that don't distro here like Jester King, Funkwerks, and Boneyard

Nocturn Chrysalis is good. Le Petit Prince is good, but is a very low alcohol table beer & easy to get in Texas, might be worth skipping in favour of the rarer ones.

PG2G

Nocturn Chrysalis is good. Le Petit Prince is good, but is a very low alcohol table beer & easy to get in Texas, might be worth skipping in favour of the rarer ones.

Yeah, it look like each brewery is bringing at least one session kind of beer, guessing that might be some guidance from the folks running the festival. Maybe a good palate cleanser

All three of the Boneyard offerings are solid.

I've got a growler of Notorious for tonight. Had it filled at the brewery last weekend.

Also, I've never had a bad beer from Funkwerks. So glad they're all over the place in Nebraska when I visit my wife's family.

t-ramp

Got some fresh Sue today as well as my first Clown Shoes.

0CrHTlf.jpg

overcast

Beers to grab at World Market or Baron's? I live in so cal if it matters? Something a little beginner friendly though, can't be killing me here.

Socreges

Banned
YmE4f0K.jpg

Was down in Bend, OR last weekend. Picked up everything but the Prairies down there.
Your image isn't loading but I'm guessing it's a pic of Deschutes beer...

Is the brewery in Bend and they've got a taproom or something in Portland? And what are the chances of me finding Abyss in July if I were in Oregon? Nill?

No Deschutes in the picture, actually. I don't even bother visiting the Bond Street Pub. I'll rehost it.

Abyss is gone in Portland and Bend. You can still get Not the Stoic and Mirror, Mirror, though. BBXXVI should be out, too.

That better?

03E19AAD-BCE9-48F8-8E94-10590446F245.jpg

I also got a growler of Notorious at Boneyard's taproom down there. Going back down end of the month for Crux's 2nd anniversary party.

Socreges

Banned
Nice selection

No Deschutes in the picture, actually. I don't even bother visiting the Bond Street Pub. I'll rehost it.

Abyss is gone in Portland and Bend. You can still get Not the Stoic and Mirror, Mirror, though. BBXXVI should be out, too.
Ah I see.

I feel like GAF needs a Canada/BC craft beer community with whom I can discuss everything happening up here. US is still on another level but we're doing some interesting things. Definitely a renaissance happening in Vancouver right now.

Nice selection

Ah I see.

I feel like GAF needs a Canada/BC craft beer community with whom I can discuss everything happening up here. US is still on another level but we're doing some interesting things. Definitely a renaissance happening in Vancouver right now.

Here you go:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/forums/canada.19/

Lots of great BC craft beer right now. I know some guys who post there pretty regularly.

I think my wife and I are heading up to Vancouver for our anniversary in July. Looking forward to some brunch and beers at Alibi Room.

Also, are you on Untappd?

Socreges

Banned
Here you go:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/forums/canada.19/

Lots of great BC craft beer right now. I know some guys who post there pretty regularly.

I think my wife and I are heading up to Vancouver for our anniversary in July. Looking forward to some brunch and beers at Alibi Room.

Also, are you on Untappd?
Visited that forum before but it struck me as too inactive. I'll definitely bookmark and keep an eye on it.

Not on Untappd yet. Meant to so I'll do it now when it's top of mind.

And it's interesting to live in Victoria, where craft beer has been big for years but the population is quite small, and frequently visit Vancouver (where I grew up) where things are changing at such a frantic pace as craft beer culture takes hold. New breweries and stores are opening up all the time and there's still a lot of space in the market. Quoth Tony Montana: This town's a great big pussy just waiting to get fucked.

t-ramp

Two Brothers and Schlafly just arrived in central Iowa - anything I should pick up?

Oh, and Enjoy By. I'm not sure if it made it to Ames yet, but hopefully I didn't fucking miss it again.

Grabbed some founders devil dancer today :)
I heard it was $20 for a 4-pack here, which seems kind of ridiculous.

Cr0wn0

Two Brothers and Schlafly just arrived in central Iowa - anything I should pick up?

Oh, and Enjoy By. I'm not sure if it made it to Ames yet, but hopefully I didn't fucking miss it again.

Anything from Schafly is pretty damn solid. The pumpkin ale is awesome, one of the best i've had.

ShinAmano

Yup :(

That said it is great.

fijim

Banned
Two Brothers and Schlafly just arrived in central Iowa - anything I should pick up?.

Schlafly T IPA is really good, most of their stuff is quite good.

Two Brothers is pretty good. They have a new sour beer Fathom, which I hear is quite good. Cane & Ebel & Domaine DuPage are good. Night Cat is an interesting hoppy dark wheat ale. SideKick is a nice summer pale ale in cans, but not my favorite.

PG2G

Looks like I just dipped my toe in the trading pool. I guess I'm now available for folks looking for California stuff

PG2G

How was the FW invitational? Any highlights?

It was a great time, bottle shares were just as good as the invitational itself. Got a chance to try a lot of stuff, didn't make it to stone others because of long lines (misses out on Black Tuesday with Vanilla and Pistachio).

Top Bottom