• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Jarnet87

64 oz growlers legal for sale starting today in Florida. Most of the breweries throughout the state are doing something today or over the weekend.

Kjellson

Just wanted to show off my current collection for fun. Sorry if the image is a bit too big. There are a couple of bottles that are barely visible on the pic but whatever.

oDCtL7X.jpg

From left to right:

IPA Back in Black - Naparbier
Thirsty Frontier - To Øl
White Hatter - New Holland Brewing Company
Napar Pale Ale - Naparbier
Péché Mortel - Brasserie Dieu du Ciel
Molotov Lite - Evil Twin Brewing
Bæver Double White IPA - Ægir Bryggeri / Beavertown
Disco Soleil - Brasserie Dieu du Ciel
Chai Spiced Imperial Russian Stout - Stone Brewing Co.
GUBNA Imperial IPA - Oskar Blues Brewery
Rosa Kinn - Kinn Bryggeri
Rubus - Birra del Borgo
Rökporter - Slottskällans Bryggeri
Imperial Barley Wine - Ridgeway Brewing
Hello My Name Is Little Ingrid - BrewDog
Ghost Grale Lincopia - Nils Oscar
Tokyo* - BrewDog
Peter, Pale and Mary Gluten Free - Mikkeller
RLGK 10517 Celebration Stout - All in Brewing
White Oak Wheat Beer - Innis & Gunn
Rökporter - Nils Oscar
Belgisk Wit - Poppels Bryggeri
Sessions: Cloud 9 Wit - To Øl
IPA Is Dead Chinook - BrewDog
IPA Is Dead Ella - BrewDog
IPA Is Dead Mandarina Bavaria - BrewDog
IPA Is Dead - Pioneer - BrewDog
Slåtteröl - Gänställer Bräu / Oppigårds Bryggeri

Bacon

So I recently started working at whole foods. 20% employee discount, pretty solid beer selection. Don't think I've come home from work without a bottle of something so far. Could be dangerous.

Grabbed a bottle of sam smiths oatmeal stout for 3.50 today

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got a growler of a black cherry Belgian for the weekend. I love living by a delicious brewery that doesn't bottle things. Makes all my growlers deliciously unique.

Finishing my last bottle of Double Trouble. Debating about getting a six pack of something for the weekend, or doing some growler fills. There isn't much at the growler bar here but IPAs, and I know those will go flat pretty fast.

Maybe they will have a closeout on the growlers for Enjoy By 7/4/15 tomorrow:)

HiResDes

Just got home from a hard day of work and had this to look forward to, again big ups to Codhand. Anyway, I just want to get right to the most incredible part about this decadent beer, which I believe to be its mouthfeel. It leaves such a chewy, sticky residue on the tip of your tongue after every sip and is just oh so silky smooth going down. I think this gives Ten-Fidy a run for its money honestly, and the more it warms the more the coffee becomes pronounced...But somehow the coffee takes on this creamy, nutty characteristic that hides the ABV TOO WELL. I could easily drink a sixpack of these and be in a coma. A+ STOUT

Moving from Washington down to Oregon, and need to find a way to pack my 30-ish 22-oz. bottles to throw in the back of my car for the drive down (certainly not going to trust them with the movers).

Other than the UHaul Wine Shipping Kits, anyone found a good way to pack them securely?

Jarnet87

How on earth was that not legal before today? What is wrong with you, Florida?

Florida is bat shit insane. Breweries could sell 32 Oz and 128 Oz before but not 64 Oz lol.

Went to Total Wine and they had an Stone Enjoy After 7.4.16 Brett IPA. Supposed to Cellar it for a year. Ended up passing on it.

t-ramp

Moving from Washington down to Oregon, and need to find a way to pack my 30-ish 22-oz. bottles to throw in the back of my car for the drive down (certainly not going to trust them with the movers).

Other than the UHaul Wine Shipping Kits, anyone found a good way to pack them securely?
You could see if a local liquor store will give you an empty box with dividers, then stuff some newspaper around the bottles or something. I mean, it shouldn't get jostled around too much if you're just driving it yourself.

Bacon

You could see if a local liquor store will give you an empty box with dividers, then stuff some newspaper around the bottles or something. I mean, it shouldn't get jostled around too much if you're just driving it yourself.

This is probably the best way to do it. Liquor stores will usually gladly give you as many boxes as you need, they're trying to get rid of them any way they can.

I'm moving to San Diego in a few days; any recommendations on local south-Cali beer? I lived in San Fran for two summers but didn't really get much of an idea of what the good local California beers were (except for Lagunitas, but I'm not an IPA guy).

PG2G

I'm moving to San Diego in a few days; any recommendations on local south-Cali beer? I lived in San Fran for two summers but didn't really get much of an idea of what the good local California beers were (except for Lagunitas, but I'm not an IPA guy).

Was going to write something up, but ill just direct you here instead: http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/visiting-san-diego-summer-2015.309241/

San Diego is easily one of the top beer areas in the country. Even if its a little IPA heavy, you should be all right

Was quite jealous of your check-ins. I am going next summer, please feel free to PM me any tips or suggestions.

Will do! Here are some random pics from Cantillon.

WJ3RZOEl.jpg

lFXa3jol.jpg

XPFJFFFl.jpg

E9GjW5Xl.jpg

My favorite. My daughter (on the right) made a friend while we drank lambic. Another guy from BA had his kids with him, so they made bead necklaces and sang and danced while we shared walezbro.

Also, Spain has a good local craft scene.

Oh yeah, if you don't follow me on Untappd, you missed this...

dVhJEGFl.jpg

HiResDes

Man you guys have to try this Imperial Rice IPA Cod sent me, the flavors are so potent the hops are so present yet never completely bitter or one note and it has this subtle savoryness that makes me salivate for more after every sip. The ABV is probably the most well hidden at 9 percent out of anything I've had. Dangerous brew.

Man you guys have to try this Imperial Rice IPA Cod sent me, the flavors are so potent the hops are so present yet never completely bitter or one note and it has this subtle savoryness that makes me salivate for more after every sip. The ABV is probably the most well hidden at 9 percent out of anything I've had. Dangerous brew.

Kuhnhen's DRIPA?

Oh, I am so thankful that Stone RuinTen is back. So thankful.

Now to pray that W00tStout shows up around here soon.

And the other day I got a bottle of the Stone Enjoy After 7/4/16. This is going to be my first bottle I have aged myself and not lucked into off the shelf. I have a big walk in closet in the spare bedroom, so I stashed it in there. It is relatively cool in there, and there is no light at all. We rarely go into the closet as well, and then I have the bottle boxed up just in case.

I think if I clear a bit more room in there I will try aging a few more things.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Has anyone tried Arrogant Bastard Ale from Stone? I thought it was pretty tasty, but a bit bitter to go with some foods. Does anyone know of some good matches for it?

Bacon

Has anyone tried Arrogant Bastard Ale from Stone? I thought it was pretty tasty, but a bit bitter to go with some foods. Does anyone know of some good matches for it?

Yeah I'm not sure what I would pair with AB. I usually just drink craft beers on their own because I like to appreciate the flavor of the beer on its own. I'd imagine it would go fine with pub type foods though.

HiResDes

I think most likely people have had it that post in here. It's too bitter and purposefully unbalanced for my taste.

I think most likely people have had it that post in here. It's too bitter and purposefully unbalanced for my taste.

I completely agree with this. I get what they are trying to do, but it's not really a beer I personally enjoy. According to the label "This is an aggressive ale. You probably won't like it." True.

I do think the oak aged variation balances it a little bit, but it's still a too bitter.

codhand

yeah the rice dipa is unique, i dug it, glad you did too breh.

Shit youre almost through the stuff i sent! good work, wouldnt have it any other way, you still got that lent schlenkerla, really interested to see if you like that one, it's a personal fave, but not for everyone...

t-ramp

Oh, I am so thankful that Stone RuinTen is back. So thankful.

Now to pray that W00tStout shows up around here soon.
Picked up one of each last night. I don't know what's going on with the w00tstout release, though - first I heard it was being delivered to stores at the beginning of the month, then apparently it was supposed to be held for the official release on the 13th, but then I guess that wasn't correct either.

And I didn't realize RuinTen was out already, and I think the shelf was empty last time I stopped by the liquor store. Would have been slightly disappointed if I'd missed it.

Picked up one of each last night. I don't know what's going on with the w00tstout release, though - first I heard it was being delivered to stores at the beginning of the month, then apparently it was supposed to be held for the official release on the 13th, but then I guess that wasn't correct either.

And I didn't realize RuinTen was out already, and I think the shelf was empty last time I stopped by the liquor store. Would have been slightly disappointed if I'd missed it.

Guy at Liquor Barn told me that W00tstout was coming on Wednesday and he would hold me a few bottles. YAY! And they had about five bottles of RuinTen left, so I snagged another one in case it disappeared.

Good luck on hunting down some RuinTen. Maybe some places will get it on tap. A place in CT last year had it on tap.

Bacon

Guy at Liquor Barn told me that W00tstout was coming on Wednesday and he would hold me a few bottles. YAY! And they had about five bottles of RuinTen left, so I snagged another one in case it disappeared.

Good luck on hunting down some RuinTen. Maybe some places will get it on tap. A place in CT last year had it on tap.

Where at? I'm in CT maybe I'll try my luck this year

That rice DIPA sounds delicious. Like distantmantra I thought he was talking about Kuhnhenn's DRIPA which is pretty incredible so I'd love to try something similar.

Top Bottom