• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Matilda Soleil wasn't really all that mindblowing, tho I guess I'm not the biggest weissbier fan. Have you ever tried the Aventinus Eisbock?

Also, I think Imperial Pilseners used to be simply called Bock around here until maybe a few years ago, when people started associating Imperial with all things strong and awesome. Shouldn't it be roughly equivalent to a somewhat hoppy pale bock?

Yes, I quite like the Aventinus Eisbock too. I'll let you know how the Imperialist turns out, sometimes you drink something new and it was labeled as something that just doesn't make sense. This brewery in Nijmegen, Oersoep, makes stuff they call a white saison and it isn't like a witbier/wheat beer and it certainly aint' Saison-ish..

I wish there was a better way of acquiring this information than randomly calling/driving to liquor stores.

Yeah, it's annoying. If you have a Total Wine in the area or maybe a Wholefoods you probably can just go to them before opening on black Friday though. They are places that will probably get the stuff, and are not likely to break the date that Goose Island gives to release the Bourbon County line.

Or you can go to the place that Goose Island has listed as the "black Friday bottle pick up" event for your area on their website as I believe that place is getting the special variants as well. Going to have to line up for that one a bit early though I'm sure.

noomi

Today is a good day. Working for Anheuser-Busch has it's perks :) They only let me take one of each, not easy to get.

Enjoying the BCBS at the moment, its phenomenal.

From left to right. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Barley, Coffee, and Regal.

3l8Pn3z.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality.

mcfrank

Picked up a bottle of BCBS Stout. Will drink it tonight so I know how much I want to go out of my way to get more. Rare is the only one I really care about (and Prop, but that will need to be traded for).

Today is a good day. Working for Anheuser-Busch has it's perks :) They only let me take one of each, not easy to get.

Enjoying the BCBS at the moment, its phenomenal.

From left to right. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Barley, Coffee, and Regal.

Sorry for the poor image quality.

Curious about the Regal, and hoping I can get some as well. Only places that are getting it around me seem to be in DC this year. Same with the Vanilla Rye last year.

Biggest Total Wine in my area told me that they have some of the Coffee and Barleywine, but I should be there when they open if I want to get them. Also said they are limiting 1 bottle per person per day, so don't know if I could even get 2 variants if I waited there.

Picked up a bottle of BCBS Stout. Will drink it tonight so I know how much I want to go out of my way to get more. Rare is the only one I really care about (and Prop, but that will need to be traded for).

I'd also like to get a Rare, but really don't know what I would do with it. I mean I would want to drink it, but odds are I would only be able to get one bottle and that's it so wouldn't be able to see how it ages.

Boxcar

Neo Member
Was able to try Rare BCBS along with all of the other 2015 variants (except Proprietors') at One Mile House in NYC tonight. All were excellent, especially the coffee.

HiResDes

I don't need anything rare (or anything at all). Just let me know and it's yours.

I'll pay you for a bottle or something, maybe we can meet up, are you going to any beer events this week?

In my fridge and cellar right now, Double Bastard, Dark Truth, Axis Mundi, Monk's Flemish, Scotty Karate, and Old Curmudgeon.

I'll pay you for a bottle or something, maybe we can meet up, are you going to any beer events this week?

BCS release Fri morning at Party Town. Probably swing by Taft's for the Barrel-aged Cherrywood Amber afterwards (I'll be with one of the brewers).

Seriously, no need to give me any beer for it. Enjoy it!

HiResDes

BCS release Fri morning at Party Town. Probably swing by Taft's for the Barrel-aged Cherrywood Amber afterwards (I'll be with one of the brewers).

Seriously, no need to give me any beer for it. Enjoy it!

I was going to go to Party Source, would I have a better chance going to Party Town that morning? I'll just go there. Awesome, I'm excited.

I was going to go to Party Source, would I have a better chance going to Party Town that morning? I'll just go there. Awesome, I'm excited.

Party Source is at 8 PM so I can't make that. We'll be in line early at PT as they are doing their's at 8 AM. PM me your cell # and we can make arrangements if you're heading down.

Today's beer list:
Fremont -- Cowiche Canyon Fresh Hop Pale
Crux -- Freakcake #3 aged with Oregon cranberries
Ale Apothecary -- Carpe Diem Manana
Holy Mountain -- The Goat
New Belgium -- Le Terroir 2013
De Garde -- Boysen Premiere

Gonna crack a 2014 Abyss with my wife when we get home.

Local store still had no idea if they would get BCBS tomorrow when I asked yesterday. We never got it last year either. Still heading there at opening just in case since I work across the street.

Local store still had no idea if they would get BCBS tomorrow when I asked yesterday. We never got it last year either. Still heading there at opening just in case since I work across the street.

I think the places that will be selling it already have it in stock. If they don't have it yet, it doesn't sound good. Hoping otherwise for ya!

I think the places that will be selling it already have it in stock. If they don't have it yet, it doesn't sound good. Hoping otherwise for ya!
The guy I asked yesterday was not my regular go to guy and was working his first shift in a week, which he told me after I asked about BCBS.

I am in one of the top 5 (or 3) highest populated places in the state, and they decided not to send any to us last year and instead went to a much smaller town 30 miles away.

Nope. No BCBS again this year. The distributor doesn't want to carry it apparently because they always get limited amounts and don't want to deal with complaints from shops not getting enough, so no one gets it.

Walked over for coffee beans, bagels and snagged a bottle a bottle of regular BCBS. Lots to go around. No variants. Might try to get a Coffee bottle in a bit.

HiResDes

Ernie you're the fucking man! I got a bottle of something waiting for you if you want.

Ended up with four bottles of BCBS and a limited Madtree release of some stouts.

Picked up two bottles of regular BCBS at a nearby bevmo, seems like it's a lot easier to find this year which is nice. I'll probably have one tonight with The Knick.

Regular is all over the place here. Looks like they made a ton of it.

Variants are long gone already. I got lucky by getting in line 15 minutes before the store opened, I guess.

Family is in town. We plowed through the six packs of porters yesterday, so grabbed some Founders Imperial Stout, Lagunitas Sucks, Victory Golden Monkey, and Sixpoint Global Warmer. That may last us til Sunday.

I threw a Cantillon Kriek in the fridge for cheese night with my wife, but now I just want an IPA.

First world problems fo sho.

I feel ya. Just went through a Tripel, a red, and am now debating about getting a stout or an IPA to wind the night down.

Thinking stout, since it is good for enjoying over a longer time and just chilling.

Stopped by a pretty unassuming liquor store in Vacaville just to check for any variants and sure enough there was a Barleywine. Missed out on Regal Rye apparently but I got there at like 5:30pm so I really can't complain. Guess it shows that it's worth checking out smaller stores for the variants especially.

Stopped by a pretty unassuming liquor store in Vacaville just to check for any variants and sure enough there was a Barleywine. Missed out on Regal Rye apparently but I got there at like 5:30pm so I really can't complain. Guess it shows that it's worth checking out smaller stores for the variants especially.

Must be nice. Variants don't even get sent into N. KY at all. I think one store in Louisville got variants from what it sounds like. AB sure has screwed over KY since taking over Goose. Good for the West coast I suppose.

Posts this make me think bottle limits aren't such a bad idea

I'm guessing that was multiple stores.

The liquor store I went to limited the variants to one each per person. I think regular was four per person. Rare was by raffle unless you went to Total Wine from what I heard. And that was too rich for my blood. I'll drop $40 on an Ale Apothecary 750 ml bottle, but not a $65 mass produced 16.9 oz beer in a fancy box.

Link

The Autumn Wind
#twoOfeverything

#OnetoRockOnetoStock
This is why I'll miss the 4-packs of BCBS. It was a perfect beer to let age and try at different points. My local Total Wine had a one bottle limit, so unless I wanted to go around to different stores (I didn't), that aspect is now gone.

Top Bottom