• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT|

HiResDes

IMG_9542.jpg

Sunday Morning coming out in February, fuck yes.

Also, not sure if I should be hyped for this or not, but I'm gonna check it out:

https://twitter.com/dogfishbeer/status/686598322396774410

HiResDes

you know what else Noble Rot has been sitting on for a whole year besides oak?

store shelves.

A lot of Dogfish stuff shelf turds here, and I heard this particular beer is too sweet, however I figure the aging might help a bit. It seems like only people care about 120 minute or the 90 minute, but it's weird how Dogfish Head went from being slightly over hyped in my head to now a bit underrated.

Palo Santo Marron
Burton Baton
World Wide Stout
Miles Davis' Bitches Brew
Indian Brown Ale
Namaste
Sah'tea

...I really like their experimentation and devotion to doing styles no one gives a fuck about it but me lol. Burton Baton in particular is probably a top 20 personal favorite now.

injurai

Banned
I have a Dogfish Midas Touch sitting around, looking forward to getting into that one.

Try blending it with some Ten Fidy. Doesn't take much Death by Coconut to have tropical Ten Fidy, like 3:1 TF:DbC.

I love blending beers with a darker stout. It's a great way to improve poor draft offerings too.

terrible

Banned
23224133304_1ffc978bcc.jpg

What a cool looking can. I haven't had it in a few years but I picked up a bunch yesterday. Hopefully it's still as good as it was the last time I had it. I wonder what keeps Great Lakes from making Karma Citra, Lake Effect, Thrust, and Robohop all the time. They're pretty much the kings of Ontario IPAs but they don't make any of those year-round, or at least they're not available at the LCBO very often.

Yeah I was hearing about this from some friends in the area. It's not far from me which is dope. All the good ones are in the west end,so this is nice to see.

Yeah that's closer to me than Bellwoods and such. Left Field Brewery is fairly close too but they don't have a very large variety of beers at the moment.

terrible

Banned
Don't see many local Keller's unfortunately. Creemore had a great one, but they stopped production on it. Same with their alt. I swear beer is just stouts and ipa's now.

Big fan of sawdust city for their German styles.

Side Launch's German style beers are all pretty damn good. They have a hefeweizen, keller, weizenbock, and a dunkel though only the hefe and dunkel are regular releases.

thabiz

Side Launch's German style beers are all pretty damn good. They have a hefeweizen, keller, weizenbock, and a dunkel though only the hefe and dunkel are regular releases.
Yeah I'm a fan of there's too. The dark is serious. Haven't had the Keller yet.

You aren't missing much :p

But regular Victory at Sea is great, right? This is the first time I have gotten anything Ballast Point since they are new here. I will be trying a bottle tomorrow. Don't want any coffee based things too late since I have to wake up early.

But did enjoy the Three Floyds Amber Smashed Face tonight. Pretty yummy.
And then going to finish with a West Sixth Snake Eyes for the night.

PG2G

But regular Victory at Sea is great, right? This is the first time I have gotten anything Ballast Point since they are new here. I will be trying a bottle tomorrow. Don't want any coffee based things too late since I have to wake up early.

But did enjoy the Three Floyds Amber Smashed Face tonight. Pretty yummy.
And then going to finish with a West Sixth Snake Eyes for the night.

Yeah I enjoy Victory at Sea

HiResDes

Cappy's has Bell's 30th on tap now, I didn't get to try it, so I might have to cop a growler full. Kinda up in the air about whether to get Xocoveza on nitro in the growler or the Bell's.

overcast

13 dollars is a bit steep for a Bell's Cream Stout considering the one glass I had was underwhelming.

Still gonna see if a friend wants to go half.

Cappy's has Bell's 30th on tap now, I didn't get to try it, so I might have to cop a growler full. Kinda up in the air about whether to get Xocoveza on nitro in the growler or the Bell's.

Never get nitro beers in a growler. Stick w/ Bell's 30th. Fantastic beer, but a growler will rock you.

Ok, so I'll be in Seattle Friday - Monday. Will probably only be able to hit up 2-3 beer centric locations. Where should I go, and what beers should I be on the look out for? I think I'd like to hit Fremont Brewing, but other than that, any recommendations for good local beers or beer places that have a good local/regional selection would be awesome.

Ok, so I'll be in Seattle Friday - Monday. Will probably only be able to hit up 2-3 beer centric locations. Where should I go, and what beers should I be on the look out for? I think I'd like to hit Fremont Brewing, but other than that, any recommendations for good local beers or beer places that have a good local/regional selection would be awesome.

Holy Mountain is having their first anniversary party this weekend. You should go. I'll probably stop in either Friday or Saturday afternoon.

Fremont still has Bbomb, CC Bbomb and Coffee KDS on tap, but bottles are gone. I was there earlier today. You might be able to find them around town. Grocery store by my house still has CC Bbomb along with Bbomb/KDS gift sets, and I think a pharmacy by me has Coffee KDS bottles. Also, their Session Pale is one of my favorite beers hands down.

Go to Reubens Brews in Ballard. Urban Family in Magnolia/Fisherman's Terminal.

Cloudburst is brand new but making good stuff.

Go to Chuck's Hop Shop Greenwood or Central District. Great tap lists and bottle selection. Hopefully Intergalactic Hopshop is still on tap...

Download the Brew Notice app.

Minus_Me

Heads up to anyone in Montreal.

Brasserie Les Soeurs Grises on McGill Street has a small supply of Westvleteren 12 for 65$ a bottle.

Heads up to anyone in Montreal.

Brasserie Les Soeurs Grises on McGill Street has a small supply of Westvleteren 12 for 65$ a bottle.

Hahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahaha.

Go buy Rochefort 12 and save your money.

I'll be in Montreal this summer for my 10th wedding anniversary. I'd love to come by and laugh at them, seeing how Ive bought Westy 12 in Vancouver for $14 CDN in the past.

Minus_Me

Hahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahaha.

Go buy Rochefort 12 and save your money.

I'll be in Montreal this summer for my 10th wedding anniversary. I'd love to come by and laugh at them, seeing how Ive bought Westy 12 in Vancouver for $14 CDN in the past.

Lol I don't think it's even close to a good deal or the cheapest I've seen them appear, but some people might care.

The private liquor stores in Vancouver brokered a deal with the monks and get shipments legally from time to time and never more than $14-15 CDN.

$65 is insane gouging and probably black market. I know distribution is fucked up in your provence, but that's crazy. I hope no one pays that.

I know they will...

Top Bottom